What convinced you Satan is real?

Rum

Pigeon
If any of you not convinced, fast for an entire day from the night before, then go out to the edge of town in the direction of the nearest power plant or electrical grid distribution center that supplies power to whatever metropolitan area you live in. If you are in the sticks it may be a bit more difficult. Between night fall and sun rise, if you go out at least a few hundred meters into the wilderness, you can find what you are looking for. Watch for the forms to shape, and do not linger. Do not go if you are not strong in the Holy Spirit or if Jesus is not in your heart, for you will be misled. Do not attempt this if you are still actively sinning or have just overcome a difficult addiction. When one of you has done this, let me know. I'm curious to see how many more out there will see what I have.

OK, you can't just leave us hanging. What will I see if I attempt this? I am a saved believer to tries to walk w/the Lord daily. I probably won't actually attempt this - but am really curious about what you saw as well as the supernatural/physical mechanics behind it.

Mike_Key

Robin
The recent speaking in tongues thread had me thinking ...

Another true story

So, in my teens, around 12 or 13, I was invited by Jay to another friend's house, Lyle. Jay was very smart for his age and I was shocked that he was visiting Lyle because we were 7th graders, if I recall, and Lyle was a Senior in High School. I must have asked a couple of times ...

"are you sure it's okay if we visit Lyle, he's older than we are ..."

Jay just laughed and said, "Yeah, he's cool and all."

Me: "Does he know we are on the way?" "

Jay: "No, he doesn't, but it's okay."

Jay, through his own older brother, knew Lyle. This in addition to other hobbies that we all partook in, sport related hobbies - they knew each other well. I was fairly new to the group.

So we arrive at Lyle's home and we are invited in. He was surprised that we visited but glad and quickly invited us in. This is what I miss about the olden days and people that are social. He invited us in to his house and promptly put in a VHS about the latest video dealing with our hobby. He probably offered us water too.

His mom was sitting in the dining room with another person, I can't recall if it was a man or woman and we were sitting near-by on the living room floor. Now, understand Lyle's mom was a card reader. Don't you dare be tempted by this witch craft, I'm not responsible - you've been warned. I love how at the beginning of CS Lewis' Screwtape Letters - he warns his readers that he is not guilty if someone uses his prose to justify their stupidity. : )

So yes, Lyle's mom was a card reader and the person at the table was definitely there to get a reading. So it was me, Jay, Lyle and Lyle's girlfriend - it was us that were watching said VHS. At some point Lyle's mom started shaking, convulsing. I think she shook the table (violently) and that is what got our attention, or my attention. At this point, we were asked to leave. We were asked to take the gathering to Lyle's bedroom. We did this, no problem. Lyle stayed behind for a few seconds.

When he arrived, it was shared in the bedroom that his mom was reading cards and as Lyle told it - his mom said,

"someone is/was messing me up."

I was 12 yrs old and in 7th grade but I was intrigued so I asked what that was about. At the time I recall asking twice. But Jay in his maturity told me to "stop asking", he could read Lyle. He could read that Lyle didn't want to talk about it. I can't recall when I pieced it together but it may have been years later. Jay's mom was a Pentecostal Christian. She would pray for her kids by speaking in tongues and in English. She even prayed for some of us, Jay's friend's one specific occasion.

(I may share my thoughts on speaking in tongues, but I'll do so in the thread, the thread for that topic.)

Back to the incident, I later thought to myself,

"It was Jay. He messed her up. Jay was probably being trailed by an Angel. That was so crazy! And the demon that wanted to share information was not allowed so long as Jay was near-by."

Another thought that I had, at some point, was - - I was thinking:

"How could a woman, an older person, want an inferior power? That a kid, a 7th grader could "mess her up"?"

That story I pieced together as late as 18 years of age. But also, I recall thinking some of those thoughts at the time and slightly after. While I was thinking of sharing this story - I said to my self,

"How did I know? How did I have a clue of what was happening?"

I answered myself,

"Well, if I'm honest, I was exposed against my will to witch craft of varying types by ancillary people in my life, so I had some clue."

So I wasn't clueless.

Cheers

John 3:16

Last edited:
Take this for what you will, but it convinced me.

I met him in a dream I had during a period of personal difficulty that led me back towards Catholicism.

In this dream I was standing in a house and a very large and jet-black king cobra was wandering around the house. It was about two feet wide and very long. It had come up to my father and looked at him, but slithered over towards me. I had been screaming out for someone to call animal control. After this cobra came up to me, and rearing up placed its body directly against mine and placed its mouth directly up against my lips. I was staring directly at this cobra's face and could feel the warmth of its body against mine. While this cobra had its face against my lips I thought to myself that I must remain calm and not show fear or else it would strike me directly on the lips and kill me, and I started breathing deeply but calmly and regularly. At that point I woke up. The room was dark, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a quick movement that lasted for just a fraction of a second that was accompanied by a quick shriek, it was like in a horror movie when a demon is sent away during an exorcism. I said a quick prayer, I can't remember if it was an Our Father or Hail Mary, got a drink of water and lay back down. As I was laying there I said: "Oh God was that Satan?" The answer came to me almost at the moment I asked that question, maybe even before I finished asking it, and it was just the single word "Yes."

It wasn't a word that I said to myself or heard in my inner voice, but it was something I "felt."

I now know this was God speaking directly to me, and this was truly the first time in my life He had spoken directly to me which was probably because it was the first time I had spoken directly to Him. I think He came because at that point I was truly seeking Him out for the first time and admitting my past sins.

This was about a year ago. Why did I remain calm in that dream and not show fear? Thinking on it now, the only explanation I can come up with is that He gave that strength and courage to me as a demonstration of His power and his desire for his creatures to persevere in the face of evil. As imperfect beings we are susceptible to evil and require this kind of assistance to resist it.

I realize now that I had brought Satan to myself over and over in the past through the commission of those sins, but since I had been in the grip of nihilism, and atheism, and evil for so long I didn't really understand with whom or what I had been interacting for so long.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
I had a 'friend' who made me an 'offer' several times ("I'll help you now... but I want something in return"...)

Straight-up Dorien Gray stuff...

He invited me over one time and he was performing some occult practice, with lit candles, asking for girls...

He had a friend from Hollywood come to visit, and that guy looked my 'friend' in the eye and knowingly said "we all have a bit of monster inside of us... but some hide it better than others".

He tried to get me to go to a church, light a kindle and ask to be left alone...

I haven't seen him since.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
the conflict between Good and evil is a constant theme throughout all of humanities, myths and beliefs everywhere in the world among every kind of peoples. It takes a real kind of arrogance and stupidity to discard everything that came before you and consider yourself to be wiser.

I've always contended.
That for an "Illuminati" type organization to exist.
It could never be a purely human organization.

Times change, trends change, empires rise & fall etc.
Nothing human is perfect.
Nothing human lasts forever.

Secret families, secret bloodlines or not.
Too much changes over time, in order for a flawed human organization to maintain itself across generations & centuries.

However.
Add in a sinister spiritual presence to guide that secret organization; & matters could well be a wholly different matter.

Hell.
All it took for North Korea to go from being a purely Stalinesque nation to one more amenable to the West, was the change of one generation.
A very reclusive tyrant, to his son who has a penchant for basketball; & now North Korea is on a somewhat different path.

Last edited:

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
This thread/question is a load of shite.
My advice to anyone worrying about whether Satan is real or not...turn your computer off and go for a walk outside.

I rest my case.

This is one of the most important threads on the board.

I didn't think I had anything to add until I read through and was reminded of an instance.

I was at my friend's house. He'd arranged from the son of his yoga teacher to come over and take magic mushrooms. His name was George and this would be the only time I'd ever see him. When I got to the house another friend was there with George and my friend. The first thing I remember George asking me was, “Why aren't you taking mushrooms? Do you think you're better than us?” This was asked in a very confrontational way. He started off going a bit heavy with Hari-Krisha style chanting and movement. I just thought he was hippying out, but over about an hour it devolved into him getting a bit shouty, making strange faces, and noises. He then went into a period of about two hours of being almost totally uncommunicative. He was hovering around, getting very close to us and sliding over the walls. Then he began getting more shouty and started knocking things over, throwing things, kicking, rattling the window blinds. He started barging and pushing me and then began making slow-motion punches without touching me. Before punching me full pelt in the ribs. Latter he punched me in slow motion in the face. He continued to hover round me and if he did anything again I was ready to take him down.

He was being both aggressive and weird. At first he came across as a floaty hippie, reciting his mantras and asking philosophical questions. But this, quickly degenerated into wild babbling about rubbish, such as, "You have a car? Who gave you the car? What is it for?" and would repeat words over and over. Finally he stopped talking altogether, bar wild outbursts of gibberish and screams. Towards the end he spent about twenty minutes convulsing on a chair with his hand in his pants, and spent about another half hour just walking around with his hand in his pants. He also spent time manhandling the dogs in an abusive manner. He also kept trying to go upstairs where my friend's wife and baby were. It was very clear with the sinister look of glee on his face that this was meant as an act of intimidation. At one point was playing with some Stanley knife blades and making a sinister face. So, we were both worried for our general safety. At one point he appeared to be complaining about how his father treated him. My friend slept downstairs because he was worried that the maniac may kill the dogs in the night. We discussed knocking him out and gaffer-taping him to the floor, but he eventually calmed down.

That I can think of this is the only time I have seen the demonic look in the eyes some mentioned in the thread. But this was the look of a low-level demon, an imp, who pussy-foots around, essentially unsure of himself. More like Gollum. He was possessed by evil, but had little power to wield it.

The guy is a new ager, fully off the rails. He believes in things like the White House is going to be taken over by ascended masters who will install a God government. He is into all manner of things like yoga, spends time in India. But is absolutely off the wall. His mother was apparently in a relationship with a black man who beats her senseless. Seems both of them covered up all the pain with new age fluff, but underneath hell has metastasised. As far as I know the only people in his life are his mother, aunt and other afflicted women who completely play to his bizarre behaviour.

Last edited:
My grandmother had a cousin in the 1920's, a beautiful woman with three kids, who was married to a successful doctor who worked long hours. To keep entertained, she liked to play with a Ouija Board, by herself, in the basement. One night, the doctor husband came home and found the house oddly quiet. He went upstairs to check on the children, and found blood on the blankets of the first child he visited. To his horror, he realized the neck of the young child had been slit! He rushed to the second child's bed, and there was blood everywhere, too, and another corpse! When he ran to the third child's bed, the bed was empty, and there was no blood.

He searched the house, and in the basement found his wife with her Ouija Board. She was naked, and smeared with blood. When he demanded to know what had happened, she just maniacally laughed and laughed. At this point, he knew in his heart what had happened, and that she had murdered them, under unholy influences. At this point he asked her where the third child was, but could not get an answer. He called the police and she was arrested for murder.

The doctor ended up finding his third child alive and absolutely terrified in a tree. He got her down and she eventually explained that she heard screaming in her sibling's room, went to look, glimpsed her own mother in a murderous rage with a knife, and then ran out of the house to find a hiding place.

The wife ended up becoming committed for life to a mental institution. And the poor doctor moved away and eventually remarried. What horrible memories for both him and his surviving child... And due to this story, passed down the generations of my family, everyone is under strict admonition to never play with Ouija Boards! And as a kid, I found myself warning others who thought it would be a fun good time.

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
My grandmother had a cousin in the 1920's, a beautiful woman with three kids, who was married to a successful doctor who worked long hours. To keep entertained, she liked to play with a Ouija Board, by herself, in the basement. One night, the doctor husband came home and found the house oddly quiet. He went upstairs to check on the children, and found blood on the blankets of the first child he visited. To his horror, he realized the neck of the young child had been slit! He rushed to the second child's bed, and there was blood everywhere, too, and another corpse! When he ran to the third child's bed, the bed was empty, and there was no blood.

He searched the house, and in the basement found his wife with her Ouija Board. She was naked, and smeared with blood. When he demanded to know what had happened, she just maniacally laughed and laughed. At this point, he knew in his heart what had happened, and that she had murdered them, under unholy influences. At this point he asked her where the third child was, but could not get an answer. He called the police and she was arrested for murder.

The doctor ended up finding his third child alive and absolutely terrified in a tree. He got her down and she eventually explained that she heard screaming in her sibling's room, went to look, glimpsed her own mother in a murderous rage with a knife, and then ran out of the house to find a hiding place.

The wife ended up becoming committed for life to a mental institution.And the poor doctor moved away and eventually remarried. What horrible memories for both him and his surviving child... And due to this story, passed down the generations of my family, everyone is under strict admonition to never play with Ouija Boards! And as a kid, I found myself warning others who thought it would be a fun good time.

A shame that she wasn't exorcised of the demon. A good exorcist would have been able to cast him out.
I had a 'friend' who made me an 'offer' several times ("I'll help you now... but I want something in return"...)

Straight-up Dorien Gray stuff...

He invited me over one time and he was performing some occult practice, with lit candles, asking for girls...

He had a friend from Hollywood come to visit, and that guy looked my 'friend' in the eye and knowingly said "we all have a bit of monster inside of us... but some hide it better than others".

He tried to get me to go to a church, light a kindle and ask to be left alone...

I haven't seen him since.

Pray for him. Perhaps God will have mercy.

Anomaly

I remember the night and where I was but not the exact date. It was during the first few weeks of mass civil unrest this past Spring. I was in my kitchen, the news was on, and I exclaimed to my wife, “Satan currently has a grip on this world!” This was also the same night I declared I was no longer an atheist and that I intended to convert to Catholicism. The next day I called up the church we have sometimes attended for mass (my wife is Catholic, I’m ethnically Jewish bit was atheistic for nearly all my life) and got in contact with the deacon so I could start RCIA classes (this past Monday was the first class).

Now that I think of it, Satan has had a grip on the West as a whole since the early 1900’s and on America since the 1930’s.

the problem I have with faith is that many people have faith and can still be wrong. Muslims have faith, Christians have faith. In different things. Who is correct? Faith is not enough.

I do have a hunch the devil is real though because I have seen too many patterns throughout. For example Lucipher was the angel of music and if you look at modern music industry it is infested with satanic symbolism. So it gets more and more obvious. Surely there must be more then faith and instead I strive for 'knowing', if possible.

Talus

Pigeon
If any of you not convinced, fast for an entire day from the night before, then go out to the edge of town in the direction of the nearest power plant or electrical grid distribution center that supplies power to whatever metropolitan area you live in. If you are in the sticks it may be a bit more difficult. Between night fall and sun rise, if you go out at least a few hundred meters into the wilderness, you can find what you are looking for. Watch for the forms to shape, and do not linger. Do not go if you are not strong in the Holy Spirit or if Jesus is not in your heart, for you will be misled. Do not attempt this if you are still actively sinning or have just overcome a difficult addiction. When one of you has done this, let me know. I'm curious to see how many more out there will see what I have.
OK, you can't just leave us hanging. What will I see if I attempt this? I am a saved believer to tries to walk w/the Lord daily. I probably won't actually attempt this - but am really curious about what you saw as well as the supernatural/physical mechanics behind it.
This recalls to mind a really strange encounter I had near a power plant that I had all but forgot until I read this post.

About 3 years ago I was travelling back to Idaho after visiting my parents in the midwest. The evening was waning as I was driving down I-80 and I pulled off for gas at Point of Rocks WY. After gassing up I thought, why the hell not drive out to point of rocks and camp out for the night. I had already commited to the idea when I found the service road that direction was closed. However the other way was open and it lead to a power plant.

I drove out that way and past the looming smoke stacks as the sun dipped below the horizon. I found a road parallel to the Plant Property and took it about a mile until I found a nice level place to park for the night. At this spot the main power plant was about 3 miles away, but the fenced property was right across the dirt road.

It was a beautiful crisp night, and perfectly quiet except for that steady WY wind. I set up my bedroll in the back of my SUV and started getting a snack ready when the peace and calm was shattered by an alien like industrial noise. It startled me a bit and I looked around to see where it came from. There was nothing I could see. I thought, that was some weird sounding equipment. The only way I could describe the sound was a mix between an industrial whining and a mountain lion roar. I looked around for another minute and then went about eating some food.

At this point the sky was in an indigo transition. Midnight blue in the east and an orange blue in the west. Stars were popping out and night was coming. All of the sudden there were loud industrial bangs! Bang bang bang, followed by another incomprehensible alien sound. At this point I'm thinking wtf... The sound seemed to come from every direction yet I couldn't see equipment anywhere.

Here I am at some giant remote power plant, no where near civilization, in the middle of high mountain sage desert hearing these alien sounds. My imagination began to wander since there was no observable, rational explanation. Another 5 minutes pass and there is another alien shriek. Each time these sounds had slightly different qualities. They weren't uniform which made them even more disturbing.

After about 30 minutes of this I packed it up. The last bit of blue was just leaving the sky and the whole scene had developed a paranormal intensity. The most rational explanation I could come up with was that the PP set up speakers to deter wild life. The most preposterous explanation was area 51 underground style testing. Both seemed insane.

I ended up driving all the way to Rock Springs WY and sleeping peacefully at a park. Still not sure what to make of the experience, but perhaps it was a different kind of paranormal than I thought. What do you think @MusicForThePiano?

DelMarMisty

A lot of small things eventually just started hitting me and coming together, but one of the major things was the following:

I had a friend who was a good friend and a business partner. We got along well despite having pretty different personality types, we also had a lot in common. Anyway, long story short, after working with him for a while, I began to realize that he was deceitful, manipulative, and had sociopathic tendencies. I saw how he would informally let in these dark forces and do really degenerate things that just made him spiral downward. He would chase the sluttiest women, do tons of drugs, etc. I remember one night when I went with him and some other people to an electronic show, the inside of the club literally had Satanic themes and the whole energy of that place was fucked up. Everyone I went with was on MDMA, but in that state I saw the darkness very clearly. Me and my ex-girlfriend and some other girls I was with did not like the energy of the place, and went for a walk, having good conversations, laughs, and ate some fruit.

After things got worse between me and that friend, I parted ways permanently. That career path was coming to a dead-end anyway, especially b/c my friend turned out to not be a great business partner. In addition, I saw how these dark forces were slowly fucking him up and even though I did not become Christian immediately, I started wanting to walk down a good, righteous path. I literally remember him saying something like "I want to become close to the devil because that will keep bad things from happening to me" or something like that which makes absolutely no sense. Naturally, that culiminated in me becoming Christian. I was lucky I was exposed to some awesome Christians like Vox Day, E. Michael Jones, Owen Benjamin, who made me want to give Christianity a second chance.

A few weeks after separating from that friend, I felt like I hit rock bottom. I was homeless (fortunately had some savings), without a job, without any friends where I lived. I was staying at a hostel in Portland of all places when I asked Jesus to help me, and I felt this warm loving presence awaken in my heart. I was still suffering, but I finally felt that I could deal with it... that the suffering was only at the surface and the core of myself was starting to heal and purify. I stayed up listening to audiobook of the Gospels and Psalms, and something about actually hearing these books brought such peace and blessings into my heart, despite how fucked up my life was on the surface.

Since then, my life has gotten better. I'm still struggling in many ways, but at the core of it I feel much better. I've kicked bad drug habits of alcohol and cannabis and now I am working on quitting porn, which is difficult but I've made a lot of progress. I am going back to school to get a degree that actually has job prospects. I'm trying to live a healthy lifestyle where I pray every day, and in my free time I really enjoy to read scripture or learn more about Christian history, teachings, and culture.
Amen. Very interesting. Hope all is going well.

Onzie7

Actually, my story starts off with myself being indoctrinated through the education system and being an atheist. For a time I would be militant and argue with Christians and just be a not nice person. Eventually through researching Aliens I discovered that people who invoke the name of Christ would have aliens stop abducting. Then I made a trip to Bolivia, Santa Cruz in particular and they had this want to say Witch or Sha-woman, and she would cast spells and predict the future. I want to say she was "Gypsy" but as they translated for me (only speaking English). Someone had put a "curse" on me. Still being a kind of unbeliever the craziest things would happen. There was a black bird that was watching me and following me. People around me told me it means death. I got arrested going to a soccer game by officials that tried to extort me for not having my passport. Eventually I had to walk in this dangerous neighborhood at night by myself. While I was walking shadows were following me, a big black cloud mass was around. and I prayed and prayed "in the name of Jesus, the blood of Christ" so on and so forth and out of nowhere the bird disappeared. a weird dog came right next to me and walked by me to my destination. And the next day they said somebody passing by the park I was walking in was stabbed and murdered in a ritual.

DelMarMisty

Actually, my story starts off with myself being indoctrinated through the education system and being an atheist. For a time I would be militant and argue with Christians and just be a not nice person. Eventually through researching Aliens I discovered that people who invoke the name of Christ would have aliens stop abducting. Then I made a trip to Bolivia, Santa Cruz in particular and they had this want to say Witch or Sha-woman, and she would cast spells and predict the future. I want to say she was "Gypsy" but as they translated for me (only speaking English). Someone had put a "curse" on me. Still being a kind of unbeliever the craziest things would happen. There was a black bird that was watching me and following me. People around me told me it means death. I got arrested going to a soccer game by officials that tried to extort me for not having my passport. Eventually I had to walk in this dangerous neighborhood at night by myself. While I was walking shadows were following me, a big black cloud mass was around. and I prayed and prayed "in the name of Jesus, the blood of Christ" so on and so forth and out of nowhere the bird disappeared. a weird dog came right next to me and walked by me to my destination. And the next day they said somebody passing by the park I was walking in was stabbed and murdered in a ritual.
Are you being serious?