What do Orthodox churches teach regarding racial diversity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racial diversity is not intrinsically evil, so whether it is good or bad is a matter of civic wisdom. Orthodox are free to have opinions on this.

However, there are limits. If Orthodox were to oppose, for example, a mixed race marriage between two fully Orthodox laypeople, that would be wrong. On the other hand, support for critical race theory is also incompatible with Orthodoxy.
Race mixing is the genocide (in the literal sense) of actual racial diversity.
What if such a marriage is the result of globalist brainwashing? There is, in my opinion, a certain implemented hatred for the own ancestry in interracial marriages. I think, it is insane to desire that your kids look wholly different than your parents and grandparents. I am not advocating for racial purity, in the sense that a Germanic person can only marry another Germanic person, but a Japanese and a Congolese mixing just seems to me to be the willful subversion of God's creation. Not that the child of such a relationship is in any way less. To me such is a babylonian-masonic-globalist genocide of actual racial diversity. To conserve the different races and ethnicities (God's creation) should be considered the actual "anti-racism".
Who is promoting race mixing? The same people that promote drag queen story hour and abortion. But even Christians have been brainwashed into thinking that someone categorically opposing race mixing is some kind of Nazi, although that person actually cherishes the different races and wants to preserve them.

I noticed, that is my observation, that today even more based pastors and priests are rather boomerish in their political and cultural views compared to John of Kronstadt and Martin Luther and other notable figures from the past.

How did the subversion of American society start? It stared with "Don't be a racist", then it was "Don't be a homophob" and now it is "Don't be a transphob." I see an obvious slippery slope at work here.

Last edited:

Hermetic Seal

Pelican
Orthodox
Gold Member
There's a huge difference between the deliberate, subversive promotion of interracial propaganda in the media with the goal of destabilizing heritage American culture, and interracial Christian couples in real life who married with common values. I will always criticize and call out the former, but the latter haven't done anything wrong.

There's a huge difference between the deliberate, subversive promotion of interracial propaganda in the media with the goal of destabilizing heritage American culture, and interracial Christian couples in real life who married with common values. I will always criticize and call out the former, but the latter haven't done anything wrong.
I used to agree with that in my TPUSA days, not that I was ever part of that organization, just describing the mindset. When I heard Nick Fuentes calling race mixing degeneracy, I thought, he was wrong to generalize it in that manner. But from my observations and my thoughts on the multi-generational-slippery slope-syndrome (that is of course not an actual term, but you probably understand what I mean), I see mixed couples in general as victims of brainwashing and agents of chaos, although with good intentions, all of them. In traditional Christian societies race mixing was never accepted, in the sense that a white woman marries a black dude or a white man a black woman. Germanic plus Slavic sure, French plus Spanish sure, but not outside of the boundaries of the overall racial (European) group.

EDIT: That entire "Love is Love"-propaganda started with the acceptance of interracial marriages. That really made me overthink my acceptance of it.

Last edited:

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I am still learning but my take on it is that it is not "hate" to prefer to be among or marry one's own people. I love my people and God created them in His image. If I marry and have children I want them to look like me. I want my people to continue to exist. I would think people of other races would feel the same way about their own people. I would not take that to mean they "hate" me. I think people are generally better off staying with their own as I believe that is how God intended it to be. GermanicBroccoli is spot on with the observation of (((who))) is primarily driving the pressure for race mixing and other destructive and immoral behaviors. That should tell you a whole lot.

I feel like this is far too often used as an edge case to justify an argument being made in bad faith. You could use this same example for a homosexual couple, or transgender, or a pedophile & child bride, or a human and a dog (ok I'm being a little silly but don't think for a moment it won't eventually get to that point), etc. I would hope we all agree that would not be a good thing. Bottom line, I will always do my utmost to love and respect a fellow Orthodox Christian (or any person, for that matter) but it does not excuse what I understand to be a poor or immoral lifestyle choice that is not in harmony with the will of God. There are thankfully not too many examples of this in the real world.

Last edited:
I am still learning but my take on it is that it is not "hate" to prefer to be among or marry one's own people. I love my people and God created them in His image. If I marry and have children I want them to look like me. I want my people to continue to exist. I would think people of other races would feel the same way about their own people. I would not take that to mean they "hate" me. I think people are generally better off staying with their own as I believe that is how God intended it to be. GermanicBroccoli is spot on with the observation of (((who))) is primarily driving the pressure for race mixing and other destructive and immoral behaviors. That should tell you a whole lot.

I feel like this is far too often used as an edge case to justify an argument being made in bad faith. You could use this same example for a homosexual couple and I would hope we all agree that would not be a good thing. Bottom line, I will always do my utmost to love and respect a fellow Orthodox Christian (or any person, for that matter) but it does not excuse what I understand to be a poor choice that is not in harmony with the will of God. There are thankfully not too many examples of this in the real world.
There are demonic forces promoting transgenderism and at the same time race mixing, which should ring the alarm bell. In the past I tried to explain that away: There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus - people like to use that verse and other verses to promote and justify race mixing. It also says, there is neither male nor female. Does that mean, we have to be okay with transgenderism? Obviously not. That verse is neither about race mixing nor transgenderism.

Enea

Pigeon
Fr. Dumitru Staniloae, branded a modern-day church father by some and who is on the eve of canonization, gave us the most coherent and clear-headed views on nationalism in my opinion. The below quote is google-translated from the source below originally in Romanian.

The Christian wonders, "Can I be a nationalist, love my nation, and fight for its defense and exaltation?" The nationalist: "Is Christianity necessary within my nationalist conception, as the indispensable factor for raising the nation, the target of my efforts?" These two questions come down to one: is Christianity lived and judged consistently a necessary path to Christianity? [Edit: I think the second christianity in the preceding sentence is mistranslated and should be nationalism| Nations are communities of destiny, the most solid, stable communities, wrapped in several threads of connection, particularly deep, compared to other kinds of much more transient, more superficial communities. Christianity did not come to oppose the most natural tendencies of communion, the deepest concretizations of these tendencies, it did not come to suppress nature, to make it seek other forms of communion, less natural, but to intensify, to elevate, to perfect the natural forms of human relations. A Christian is happy with the opportunities offered by belonging to the national community in order to live in it its religious contents. The Christian faith is for the believer an impulse towards the affirmation of national communication, towards the love above nature of those with whom nature has placed him in fundamental relations of life. Christianity necessarily penetrates nationalism. God will not reward me according to the way I knew how to get rid of the natural communion in which I was given to live, but according to the way I affirmed this communion with my Christian will and love. But if Christianity tends to nationalism and it leads, thought and lived, to Christianity. The necessary condition for the nation, for the most cohesive form of natural communion between people, it is a strong and unitary faith. The nationalist, possessed of clear ideas and consistent in his conception, necessarily becomes a believer and propagates the Christian faith - a single Christian faith, the everlasting one of the nation - among his compatriots. [All emphases mine]
Source: https://luminapentrucandeladinsufle...-in-gandirea-sfintiei-sale-dumitru-staniloae/

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Inter-racial relationships and homosexuality are not comparable when viewed through a Christian lens. The latter is explicitly prohibited in both Scripture and tradition. The former isn't and any sort of speculation about it being against God's design is just imposing your own personal distastes and also your own personal theory about what God has done. I'm not denying that there can be potential problems with inter-racial relationships but that would be a secular issue, not a religious one.

Fr. Dumitru Staniloae, branded a modern-day church father by some and who is on the eve of canonization, gave us the most coherent and clear-headed views on nationalism in my opinion. The below quote is google-translated from the source below originally in Romanian.

Source: https://luminapentrucandeladinsufle...-in-gandirea-sfintiei-sale-dumitru-staniloae/
That is the standard view of Christianity, among Orthodox, Catholics and Protestants, if you define these traditions by the words of their great theologians and not by any modernist thinking. Race mixing is one tool among others to break these natural communities.

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Race-mixing is not a sin, that's as far as you have to go. You're free to think it's a bad idea, it's just not a sin.
Unless you happen to be an Israelite and you want to marry a Hittite, Girgashite, Amorite, Canaanite, Perizzite, Hivite, or Jebusite. :)

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
I posted what I did before about phyletism because inevitably threads like these go tangential or devolve into what seem to be related conversations or topics, but aren't. Isn't the question, "How do we work out our faith in an environment that is increasingly anti-Christian and propagandized?" That's the real issue.

The denial that races exist, that peoples have different characteristics and aptitudes, largely (if not entirely) based on historical selection pressures (geographical and even artificial over time, yes) is a tremendous problem. Why? It is wholly discordant with reality. Efforts to explain away something so obviously true to even the most disinterested, non-scientific person are only more damaging. That's why they are political issues and typically related to PC (censorship, literally or socially), which furthers their danger, since it is impossible to have a good faith discussion with people who refuse to admit the obvious.

Forgive me while I fast forward to what all of this is really about, and the Lord even said it in His sermon on the mount:

"For the Nations of the world seek after all of these things"

Good or bad, right or wrong, the desires of all men/races/nations etc is to be in a civilization that has the highest standard of living, which means advanced technology and order. Certain peoples produce these far beyond what others peoples do - thus, the "world seeks these things". This is not to say that one can't survive and thrive in different ways in another civilization, it means that on average all people choose the former. This is empirically true and really, quite obvious.

What then happens in societies in which the different "races" are competing, even equal under the law, for the resources at hand? Disparity. Natural disparity. Thus, we see what we see, and the political lies that are associated with the power mongering that begins, and persists. I think this is the root of most of the questions regarding this topic, noting also that it is quite curious that groups in any given "nation" (empire) that are united, at least for the time being, can never unlearn or un-see their group identities. Individuals can, but it's quite clear that groups cannot. And groups are always bigger, louder, and sadly, will always win out.

josemiguel

Sparrow
Orthodox
Why is Texas turning blue? Is one major factor that the imported Hispanics vote majority blue?
Hispanics have a typical voter turnout < 30% because voting is liberal. Multiple Hispanic counties in Texas, including Zapatas which is >90% Hispano went Trump, so so much for your assertions. I do think this is a bad thing, as more Hispanics voting, even for a Trump, indicates my people overall are being liberalized.
Your ethnos concept loses in Mexico, Colombia against the Masons and in Bulgaria and Romania against the EU
By your logic Russians should stop being Russian because Ghengis Khan. It isn't a concept, ethnos is a reality. Is Greekness or Chineseness real?

Masonry beat the Roman Faith, that is the lesson of the last two hundred years. Sure, my people have been enslaved to America and the Bank of England for the past 200 years like Russians were to the Mongols, yet the ethnos endures and grows. Russian history shows the way out, and the way out is Orthodoxy.

Hispanics have the second highest abortion rate in the USA
And the highest birth rates overall.
and the second highest or maybe the highest number of gang members
Had to beat back the bloods and crips somehow. Not everyone had the luxury of white flight. This paid off in the summer of 2020.
Not that all Hispanics are puppets, but the majority are willingless tools and the concept of ethnos did not prevent them from that.
Category error. All humans with intact extended families have ethnic identities, it is literally the natural extension from the family.

The best form of fighting back against the evil that rules is living the Faith, forming families, monastic communities, and raising babies, physical and spiritual. Everything else is only a material bandaid slapped on a spiritual problem. Why so hostile to the ethnos, of all ethnic groups in America, who is doing this the most?

josemiguel

Sparrow
Orthodox
In traditional Christian societies race mixing was never accepted, in the sense that a white woman marries a black dude or a white man a black woman. Germanic plus Slavic sure, French plus Spanish sure, but not outside of the boundaries of the overall racial (European) group.
Then there was nothing traditional nor Christian about Spain, Byzantium nor Russia!

Hispanics have a typical voter turnout < 30% because voting is liberal. Multiple Hispanic counties in Texas, including Zapatas which is >90% Hispano went Trump, so so much for your assertions. I do think this is a bad thing, as more Hispanics voting, even for a Trump, indicates my people overall are being liberalized.

By your logic Russians should stop being Russian because Ghengis Khan. It isn't a concept, ethnos is a reality. Is Greekness or Chineseness real?

Masonry beat the Roman Faith, that is the lesson of the last two hundred years. Sure, my people have been enslaved to America and the Bank of England for the past 200 years like Russians were to the Mongols, yet the ethnos endures and grows. Russian history shows the way out, and the way out is Orthodoxy.

And the highest birth rates overall.

Had to beat back the bloods and crips somehow. Not everyone had the luxury of white flight. This paid off in the summer of 2020.

Category error. All humans with intact extended families have ethnic identities, it is literally the natural extension from the family.

The best form of fighting back against the evil that rules is living the Faith, forming families, monastic communities, and raising babies, physical and spiritual. Everything else is only a material bandaid slapped on a spiritual problem. Why so hostile to the ethnos, of all ethnic groups in America, who is doing this the most?
I understand the concept of ethnos and agree with it, I just think, it does not stand on its own.

Masonry has beaten Orthodoxy in Greece if we apply the same standards. Islam "has beaten" Orthodoxy in the Byzantine Empire. That is politics. Masonry "beating" Roman Catholicism, Islam "beating" Eastern Orthodoxy - I do not see things that way.

Amishness is the strongest ethnos in America. They have the highest birth rate and zero abortions (and zero street gangs). The Hispanic ethnos rather gets more degenerated with the younger generations.

I honestly cannot believe that you sugarcoat a high abortion rate (worst sin in the book) with a high birth rate and that you defend people coming to another country and then form street gangs. You could have said, that abortion and crime are sins. Why would someone even try to justify such things that he knows are immoral, such is arguing for the sake of it.

"Your" Eastern Orthodox Hispanic ethnos is your imagination. Hispanics are overwhelmingly Roman Catholic and the ones who leave Romanism rather become Protestant or Atheist than Orthodox. Eastern Orthodoxy is not even part of the Hispanic ethnos.

Your historical multi-racial Spain, Byzantine and Russia is also an imagination. There were marriages that can be called interracial, if you like, but mostly it was between close ethnic groups.

If Hispanics would be conservative people on average, the NWO would not flood America with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.