What is wrong with Protestantism as a Christian denomination according to Orthodoxy?

Cavalier

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
Yeah but he later rejected Roman Catholicism and begame Orthodox.
View attachment 35321
He never became Orthodox. I really don’t know where you get that notion from. If he had been then Lutheranism would be in communion with Orthodoxy but never was. I am unsure of this statement. But I think he was in touch with the Ecumenical Patriarch but since he desired to marry but was already ordained even though schismatically he would not have been allowed to. On top of that his intended bride was a nun so even though her vows were part of a schismatic group her vow to God was binding. I read that a while back somewhere so I may be wrong. But I do know that Luther was never a part of the Orthodox Church.

OrthoSerb

Robin
Orthodox
He was ordained in the Roman Church not the Orthodox. Therefore he was not part of the Church. St Augustine was pre-schism so he was part of the Church.
Not only that, but he also split away from the Roman Church. I would have assumed this was common knowledge. I'm assuming the original question/confusion comes from the differing notions of what constitutes the Church.

Cleotis

Banned
Orthodox Inquirer
Cleotis says it, I believe it, that settles it.
???

I was answering to a question addressed specifically to me about why I believe something. Weren’t you supposedly a “Traditional” Catholic like a month ago? You’re becoming one of those Ortho meanies you used to complain about. Good job!

lskdfjldsf

Pelican
Orthodox Catechumen
Gold Member
???

I was answering to a question addressed specifically to me about why I believe something. Weren’t you supposedly a “Traditional” Catholic like a month ago? You’re becoming one of those Ortho meanies you used to complain about. Good job!

Just a joke buddy lighten up, I work with a lot of Southern Evangelical megachurch Protestants who say it all the time.

Cleotis

Banned
Orthodox Inquirer
Just a joke buddy lighten up, I work with a lot of Southern Evangelical megachurch Protestants who say it all the time.
Is this why you joined Rooshian Orthodoxy? Just so you, too, could gratuitously insult non-Orthodox users, then claim it was just a joke man when you’re called out on it?

You wanted to be one of the kool kids that bad and get that high rep count too, eh?

Oh, just noticed you’re a Gold Member. You literally PAY to be part of this forum. Pathetic. That explains everything. You care more about being part of this group than you do about the FAITH. And you’re going to lose your soul because of it. My Jesus, mercy!

Last edited:

Cavalier

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
Jesus Christ of course is always the Head of the Church. But if you mean an earthly head, no, the seat of Peter is currently vacant.
How could such an all important position be vacant? No earthly head? How could that be? Has God failed? Has the Holy Spirit Taken a vacation?

lskdfjldsf

Pelican
Orthodox Catechumen
Gold Member
Oh, just noticed you’re a Gold Member. You literally PAY to be part of this forum. Pathetic. That explains everything. You care more about being part of this group than you do about the FAITH. And you’re going to lose your soul because of it. My Jesus, mercy!

I donated $20 back in 2014 or 2015 to help with maintenence and upkeep, as did many old members. There's never been "paid membership" here just a legacy tag from the archived days.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
d8osQmt.png

Just saying...

magaman

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
With the best of will I can't see how anyone can genuinely believe this. There's nothing to debate here.
I mean at first I thought he was actually trying to be insightful and share helpful information but then he started getting all weird with the whole “Martin Luther was an Orthodox” which clearly he was not nor is there any evidence to support that. I just was not aware that Martin Luther actually did know about the Orthodox Church. Someone somewhere said before that if he had known about Orthodoxy then we wouldn’t have had Protestantism but I guess that’s not the case after all..