What is your vitamin/supplement routine?

Simple stack
  • Fish oil
  • L-optizinc
  • Vit D
  • Vit B-complex
  • Multi
  • Ashwaganda extract
  • Ginko Bilboa
I have a company in construction, train 3-4 times a week, and sleep only 6 hours, hence the need for ashwaganda and ginko. The former releaves physical stress and increases physical energy, the latter increases memory and focus.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Multi Vitamin (done extensive researching on this I use Orange Triad it covers a lot, NOW Adam is a good cheap alternative)
CoQ10 (expensive but very important for your heart health)
Krill Oil (much more effective than fish oil)

Those are the basics, anything else in my opinion should be taken as needed, IE if you have a specific condition you're trying to alleviate.

LoveBug

Kingfisher
Multi Vitamin (done extensive researching on this I use Orange Triad it covers a lot, NOW Adam is a good cheap alternative)
CoQ10 (expensive but very important for your heart health)
Krill Oil (much more effective than fish oil)

Those are the basics, anything else in my opinion should be taken as needed, IE if you have a specific condition you're trying to alleviate.

I'm with you on the Krill. Astaxanthin is money. I take it now too.

Also, I've added another stack of healthy ingredients with my melatonin in a natural sleeping pill, instead of just melatonin alone

And a healthy dose non synthetic vitamin b6

Last edited:

SeaEagle

Sparrow
Beef organs. (every few days)
The nose to tail diet has been a game changer for me. It's also easier on the budget because most people can't stomach the thought of eating tripe, liver, kidney, bone marrow, cartilage, brain, and anything else. It has made a big difference in energy, resilience, and endurance for me. I get sick less often too. Organ meats are the most nutrient dense foods on the planet apparently. Just make sure you get it from a clean, reputable source if possible

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Morning:

NAC
EGCG
L methionine
IP6 (1x a week for high hematocrit)

1x with meal
vitamin d
Vitamin K2
Vitamin B5

At each meal :
Fish oil or krill oil
Berberine (if carbs In meal)
Choline and inositol

LoveBug

Kingfisher
The NMN is making me feel a bit more lively. It's a controversial substance still though. Some of the worlds foremost anti-aging Dr.s like David Sinclair champion it.

At some point someone may want to start a thread on NAD+ precursors if there isnt one already. Its a different way to revitalize your cells. IMO it might be safer with more health benefits than testosterone to get back some youthful energy, but they (NMN/NR) haven't had the years of study yet, so there is risk. There has also been a bit of cancer concern with it within the health community. So I wouldnt advise taking NMN yet personally, but I feel good.

Last edited:
Pre-workout:
Creatine Hydrochloride
Trimethylglycine
Selenium
Vit. C
Cinnamon in Espresso

Daily:
Multi
Super B Complex
Oregano Oil
CoQ10
Turmeric
Vit. C
Vit. D
Zinc
Selenium
Calcium
Collagen and Glucosamine/Chondroitin for joints

Cartographer

Pelican
Gold Member
Does anyone know what the situation is with long-term supplement use? I guess my concern is that I'll get used to having something that will decrease natural production/absorption of cofactors and stuff, or just put strain on my kidneys or something. Is this something all-mighty science knows about or is it still kind of a fuzzy area?

Lately I've cycling on and off through the month with the fewer and fewer supps I take and trying to keep a sort of toyota production/jit input of stimulating vitamins/minerals through whole foods and juiced veggies.

I add a little powdered ginko, resveratrol, ginseng, probiotic powder, powdered egg shells and protein powder to a veggie juice, but only as needed. If I am good on energy or mental clarity,or my urine seems too dark I'll leave something out.

I've noticed my mental performance will increase for a few hours after taking it and I'll get a sort of clear/energetic sensation but there will be a noticeable dip or crash later in the day.

I also make a probiotic ginger/apple/lemon drink that is kind of like soda.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Does anyone know what the situation is with long-term supplement use? I guess my concern is that I'll get used to having something that will decrease natural production/absorption of cofactors and stuff, or just put strain on my kidneys or something. Is this something all-mighty science knows about or is it still kind of a fuzzy area?

Lately I've cycling on and off through the month with the fewer and fewer supps I take and trying to keep a sort of toyota production/jit input of stimulating vitamins/minerals through whole foods and juiced veggies.

I add a little powdered ginko, resveratrol, ginseng, probiotic powder, powdered egg shells and protein powder to a veggie juice, but only as needed. If I am good on energy or mental clarity,or my urine seems too dark I'll leave something out.

I've noticed my mental performance will increase for a few hours after taking it and I'll get a sort of clear/energetic sensation but there will be a noticeable dip or crash later in the day.

I also make a probiotic ginger/apple/lemon drink that is kind of like soda.
The point of supplements is to include things that you are deficient in from your diet. If your nutritional intake matches those needs, then no need to supplement.

I consider some supplements like NAC/Fish oil or Krill Oil/ Choline and Isositol/ Red Rice Yeast/Vitamin D as crucial daily supplements for antioxidant/heart/liver health.

I will take those every day for the rest of my life. As Its nearly impossible to get the same dosages of these from diet as I can with supplementation which is cheap and easy and part of my routine as much as my morning coffee.

Other things I will take only if needed.

I get bloodwork every 6 months minimum (usually every 4 months) and always want to see wht works and what does not work.

I can attest the following for bloodwork and the effect of the following supplements:

For liver health NAC and Choline/Inosital and L-Methionine will heal your liver if you are expereincing a fatty liver. Krill oil/high quality fish oil and a quality red rice yeast supplement will improve HDL/decrease LDL.

If I had other issues from my bloodwork I would incorporate supplements as necessary (for instance if I had issues with Thyroid function I would increase Iodine intake).

You'll be able to measure kidney stress from various markers. If you want a low down on blood work values I can PM you or post on here some male specific things everyone should be aware of.

Cartographer

Pelican
Gold Member
The point of supplements is to include things that you are deficient in from your diet. If your nutritional intake matches those needs, then no need to supplement.

I consider some supplements like NAC/Fish oil or Krill Oil/ Choline and Isositol/ Red Rice Yeast/Vitamin D as crucial daily supplements for antioxidant/heart/liver health.

I will take those every day for the rest of my life. As Its nearly impossible to get the same dosages of these from diet as I can with supplementation which is cheap and easy and part of my routine as much as my morning coffee.

Other things I will take only if needed.

I get bloodwork every 6 months minimum (usually every 4 months) and always want to see wht works and what does not work.

I can attest the following for bloodwork and the effect of the following supplements:

For liver health NAC and Choline/Inosital and L-Methionine will heal your liver if you are expereincing a fatty liver. Krill oil/high quality fish oil and a quality red rice yeast supplement will improve HDL/decrease LDL.

If I had other issues from my bloodwork I would incorporate supplements as necessary (for instance if I had issues with Thyroid function I would increase Iodine intake).

You'll be able to measure kidney stress from various markers. If you want a low down on blood work values I can PM you or post on here some male specific things everyone should be aware of.
Yeah, I guess I knew this would end up with bloodwork analysis. Definitely the only way to really know what's going on under the hood.

Either way, it'd be great to get your experience, I've never done it before and it's probably about time for me. I think several years ago there was a thread, or it might have been a dangerandplay post that covered bloodwork in some depth but it's probably out of date by now.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Yeah, I guess I knew this would end up with bloodwork analysis. Definitely the only way to really know what's going on under the hood.

Either way, it'd be great to get your experience, I've never done it before and it's probably about time for me. I think several years ago there was a thread, or it might have been a dangerandplay post that covered bloodwork in some depth but it's probably out of date by now.
So keep in mind your bloodwork is just. Snapshot in time... So you need to be altering nutrition/lifestyle and trends over time for any meaningful change.

I'd look at these resources as a base and investigate from there.

The bodybuilding world is really the most knowledgeable on the due to the chemical nature of the sport... But the info applies either way. Things to look at C reactive protein, AST, ALT, TSH, FSH, LH, lipid panel, comprehensive blood count, free t total t, estradiol, h1ac, fasting glucose, kidney function tests ECT.

For me, I used to work at holistic veterinary clinic, and that's where I became privy to the importance of supplements. Fairly routinely, I take a specific brand of fish oils because I learned that the brand does matter. I select Nordic Naturals brand fish oil daily, and I take NOW brand Adam mens multivitamin.

I did a YT vid on this topic actually, yall should check it out.

Also, as previously mentioned, yes, food does matter. As a "supplement", rather than take a pill probiotic, an approach I've also learned is to get your vitamins and probiotics from natural sources, directly, via whole foods. Right, so instead of a probiotic pill, I've been eating about 2 Tbsp of kimchi a few times a week. Kimchi is a powerhouse probiotic, and the gut microbiota is, I believe, is fundamentally important because of how much your immune system is connected to the gut. This is why diet matters. The information is wild. Then ya start getting into epigenetics, and then the chain comes right off.

LoveBug

Kingfisher
Multivitamins IMO you have to check what is in those things, as a lot of synthetic vitamins (beta carotene vitamin A/syntethic B6/B12/Folic Acid instead of Folate) can do more harm than good, especially at the doses they put in.

I personally take krill with a good amount of natural astaxanthin, as astaxanthin is a potent anti inflammatory
astaxanthin

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
Multivitamins IMO you have to check what is in those things, as a lot of synthetic vitamins (beta carotene vitamin A/syntethic B6/B12/Folic Acid instead of Folate) can do more harm than good, especially at the doses they put in.

I personally take krill with a good amount of natural astaxanthin, as astaxanthin is a potent anti inflammatory
astaxanthin
BCM95 Curcumin is excellent as an anti-inflammatory also.

I use a lot of turmeric in cooking... but also a life extensions bcm95 product. There have been studies showing its comparability with anti-inflammatory compounds such as ibuprofen/naproxen sodium ect...