What will major Western cities look like in 3-5-10+ years time?

Something makes the ol' spidey sense tingle when im hearing about droves of people purchasing suburban/rural property on the basis of this new 'work from home revolution'. What if the elites simply flip the switch, "find" a (((cure))) for corona, then employers decide too much productivity is lost by work from home employees and force everyone to come into the office again (with forced vaccinations, LOL). What happens to all of those new suburban (inflated cost and over-leveraged) mortgage holders when they realize all the jobs are still in the major cities? home loan defaults and marched back into the agenda 21 green new deal smart city gulags?

what if the work from home revolution simply depresses wages further as your job is up for grabs to anyone with an internet connection, which means you're competing in a global labour market.... i hope you're able to take a 20% paycut and still make those payments..... im expecting to see another fleecing
So, if the global powers at be decide to move the job market completely online to depress wages, why exactly would they double back and pay slaves more money for their largely meaningless work?

Newsflash: The major american cities are never coming back to pre lockdown

Last edited:

Hypno

Crow
I think you are going to see white flight and brain drain from large cities. Its already starting to happen, and is a trend that will acclerate.

Personally I will probably move to a gated community in the exurbs. My job is 99% remote these days so living further away makes sense from a value perspective - no reason to pay up for higher priced, cramped real estate close to the city center. Not in the U.S. anyway with cars and roads.

If you haven't seen it, here is an essay by James Altucher about NYC. Altucher is a guy who has lived his entire live in NCY and the surrounding area, and just picked up and moved to Florida. If you follow Altucher, you might be aware Jerry Seinfeld wrote a scathing response in the New York Times. Interestingly, Seinfeld lives about 2 hours away in the rural Hamptons.

A lot of these reasons apply to other U.S. cities. For example, Chicago has worse crime than NY. Boston and San Francisco are extremely expensive and unaffordable for most workers.

People who can work remote are leaving expensive cities.

I have an open search for a position on my team. The recruiter told me we would get much better candidates if we advertised for remote. I think a lot of white collar jobs are going to go this way. This has big ramifications for real estate, tax bases, voting.

So, if the global powers at be decide to move the job market completely online to depress wages, why exactly would they double back and pay slaves more money for their largely meaningless work?

Newsflash: The major american cities are never coming back to pre lockdown
isn't it obvious? to implode real estate, since it's, on average, the largest single asset most normies have. When there's major distruptions and the pendulum swings too far in one direction, the wolves know there are plenty of sheep ripe for the fleecing. You also need to examine this under the lens of the UN sustainable development goals. They do not want the majority of people to live anywhere other than the major city centres where they're easier to box in and micromanage. The point is this can play out a few different ways, with the end goal being more highly populated mega cities rather than less. This new "work from home" paradigm can be switched off as fast as it was started.

I suppose that is possible, however if that is the case, why promote inner city riots? BLM? If real estate is the largest asset, aren't the most valuable properties inside the big cities?

asdf

Sparrow
1. Expansion of beautiful women fully commercialized in the digital market (Onlyfans, instagram, modeling for videos basically any platform or social movement that has horny lonely men). Any interaction is turned for a profit. The mass of men will leave a like. 6's and 7's are starting to get in on the action.

2. Million dollar homes for 2nd tier cities inside the 20 mile radius of the city. Areas of huge mega apartment complexes, reduced home ownership, expanding corporate chain businesses. Its already bad now but the board room sees room for ever greater expansion. Local culture reduced to nothing more than a mixture of ghettoish whites, latino families falling apart, and angry blacks.

3. Clear and obvious lies, sins, and unnatural concepts being cemented as facts, especially in the youth. Gay/trans/freak/blm laws established to crush free speech in any environment, work public online etc. More than being fired, there will be prison time for wrong speak. Already happening in UK.

4. Mandatory hiring and work laws which will instead of pushing expanded welfare or UBI, will give busy work jobs of various forms to the parasitic class. Bigger and more extreme HR departments. More diversity officers and middle managers of the system. All while the corps get assistance from the gov for compliance.

All this is just applies for the meek blue pilled city types obviously. Anyone aware of anything will either scam the system, live outside of it ie rural or small business / heavy industry or be an open resistor of it.

I suppose that is possible, however if that is the case, why promote inner city riots? BLM? If real estate is the largest asset, aren't the most valuable properties inside the big cities?
There's alot of things going on with BLM. What happens when a bunch of frightened upper middle class normies flee the cities, forcing them to sell their property and flood the real estate market? at least temporarily, you depress the price of housing and forge an opportunity to purchase the now risky "distressed" properties for cheap. You convert the freeholds to rentals, knowing eventually the riots will subside. Meanwhile the normies end up transplanting themselves (and their voting patterns) to the suburbs, inflating those local markets whose economies cant take this kind of influx without drastically changing the nature of the town they move to.

It's almost as if they 'moved' the property value bubble from one place to another. Now picture what i said come true and the now depressed wages (among other factors, maybe increasing taxes and COL) force the newcomer suburban transplants to default on their homeloans (remember, they sold their major city property undervalued and bought their new property at inflated value) as they can no longer carry the mortgage, and are forced to move back to the city where all the jobs are, were, and will be. They end up renting from the same vultures who snatched their properties when they panic sold a year ago. And thus managed to transfer a significant portion of assets away from more "useless eaters", who are now no longer property owners, but renters.

I'm not saying with absolute certainty that this is what would happen, but it's definitely a possible scenario...not outlandish. Like i said, they gameplan these things, they have prepared for many various outcomes, as the mob is still not totally predictable... besides, there's so much plausible deniability that they'll get away with most sheep being none the wiser, it's not yet time for the really heavyhanded shit (unless you're in australia)...that comes later. It's all part of a nice little reset, with no need for a hot war

Hypno

Crow
2. Million dollar homes for 2nd tier cities inside the 20 mile radius of the city. Areas of huge mega apartment complexes, reduced home ownership, expanding corporate chain businesses. Its already bad now but the board room sees room for ever greater expansion. Local culture reduced to nothing more than a mixture of ghettoish whites, latino families falling apart, and angry blacks.
I think real estate from the center out for about 10 miles will rot and they'll change zoning to allow high density.

I think real estate from 10-20 miles out will be where the wealthy move. Real estate 20-50 miles out will have strong interest; you won't necessarily see more homes built, but the prices there are very low and could easiy double or triple.

Hypno

Crow
There's alot of things going on with BLM. What happens when a bunch of frightened upper middle class normies flee the cities, forcing them to sell their property and flood the real estate market? at least temporarily, you depress the price of housing and forge an opportunity to purchase the now risky "distressed" properties for cheap. You convert the freeholds to rentals, knowing eventually the riots will subside. Meanwhile the normies end up transplanting themselves (and their voting patterns) to the suburbs, inflating those local markets whose economies cant take this kind of influx without drastically changing the nature of the town they move to.
Rents are down 30% in Manhattan since Covid.

Prices of apartments are down 30-50%.

Really, things might be worse than those numbers. Covid will eventually go away, but the crime and lack of policing are systemic. About 25 years ago, New York was very different. Time square was still peep shows and X-rated theaters with prostitutes and junkies. Rudy Giuliani and his police Chief Bratton came in with the broken windows approach and changed New York. DiBlassio has set it back nearly 50 years.

NoFunInAus

Sparrow
Rents are down 30% in Manhattan since Covid.

Prices of apartments are down 30-50%.

Really, things might be worse than those numbers. Covid will eventually go away, but the crime and lack of policing are systemic. About 25 years ago, New York was very different. Time square was still peep shows and X-rated theaters with prostitutes and junkies. Rudy Giuliani and his police Chief Bratton came in with the broken windows approach and changed New York. DiBlassio has set it back nearly 50 years.
Here in Victoria the city is tanking but the countryside is thriving. There's no way this huge real-estate bubble is going to stay alive in a city which is about to endure the riots you guys have in NY, and maybe worse. Who knows what the end goal to all this is, but in my opinion the cities are done.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
The sprawl will extend further but hopefully less dense. Reason for this is that a lot of professional jobs will require workers to come back to the office at some point, but in many cases only part time. This lets people move further out from the cities--nobody wants to commute 90 minutes or 2 hours each way every weekday, but if it's only 1-2 days a week that becomes tolerable.

The sprawl will extend further but hopefully less dense. Reason for this is that a lot of professional jobs will require workers to come back to the office at some point, but in many cases only part time. This lets people move further out from the cities--nobody wants to commute 90 minutes or 2 hours each way every weekday, but if it's only 1-2 days a week that becomes tolerable.
More sprawl is bad - that means less farmland and wildlife /forest - both of which keep America at least, the option for independence. For years the UK maintained green rings - Labor and government in general discouraged growth, large families - then DIEviristy hit - and diversity - making Europeans minorities in their own countries, supercedes all other directives - now the UK is building into those green rings, Labour leading the charge.

But if peak oil is real (remember that?!) or even if we have a huge spike in gas prices, suburban living is not practical - it is an ugly banal way of living anyway. Just a flattened out version of globo-homo cities. Few people could tell one suburb from another few people could tell what part of the country a suburb was in because the 'architecture' is faceless and meaningless.

Hypno

Crow
I live in Atlanta. I see tons of people here from Michigan.

Austin is getting tons of people relocating from San Francisco. South Florida is getting tons of people relocating from New York. I think all of the cities in the south are, on a relative basis, less expensive and lower tax jurisdictions and are going to see huge growth. Dallas Houston Nashville Charlotte Atlanta Austin, probably Phoenix also

DenizenJane

Pigeon
I think there's going to be a massive anti-rent movement that is so powerful that many urban landlords will abscond from their properties, basically turning many inner-city apartments into giant squat camps. This is exactly what happened in South Africa immediately after 1994, so it isn't far fetched at all.

These tent cities we already have are the immediate stage before all this.

Distribution warehouses for online orders will begin to replace brick and mortar stores, as rampant shoplifting along with the stupid ordinances inflicted on normie shoppers will gut clerk + desk business. So if its a consolation prize to some here, the odds are pretty certain that the goon who told you to put your face mask over your nose at the front of the shopping center will be tossed out on his ass shortly. But then so will the entire shop.

I think there's going to be a massive anti-rent movement that is so powerful that many urban landlords will abscond from their properties, basically turning many inner-city apartments into giant squat camps. This is exactly what happened in South Africa immediately after 1994, so it isn't far fetched at all.
Happened in New York City in the 60s and 70s, and one 'solution' actually poured gasoline on the fire - since the properties were red lined (no insurer would insure it) the government guaranteed to insure the properties. Most of the slum lords were and still are, of a 'certain' ethnicity so a terrible antisemitic slur was born, "jewish lighting' to describe the hundreds of accidental/random/spontaneous combustion fires burned down the buildings. I mean, imagine inferring that landlords would burn down their own unprofitable buildings to collect insurance that could be easily padded since it was a government agency and no one cared. How hateful to imagine such a thing!

LeoniusD

Woodpecker
Depends whether they will collapse the petrodollar in the next 4 years while blaming covid for it. It would be a perfect excuse complete with the self-induced food shortages. Then they could reboot the US and most of the world in the new neomarxist communist system when the Democrats win in 2024.

I hope that the collapse won't happen in the next 4 years, because this will result in tens of millions being left destitute and homeless in the US alone. You could only control it all by a brutal militarized police state. Strategically they would have to pull the trigger around 2022 or 2023 after the biggest food shortages and the real uptick in mortality due to the broad vaccinations.

I hope it happens later, but who knows - better prepare for it if you can. Some countries won't be affected as strongly by it - or some areas in the US - South Dakota on a cattle farm. The same will go for some countries with large independent food production and some relatively high living standard and low debt rate (a few EU countries might qualify since the Euro is less in debt than the petrodollar system (the debt ratio of the rich euro countries is relatively low). But ideally for the criminal global gang then all currencies would collapse so they can push forward their shitty virtual world currency. Though I wonder whether they can pull all of this off in the next 2-3 years. On the other hand they did manage a lot with the covid con, so who knows....

If you haven't seen it, here is an essay by James Altucher about NYC. Altucher is a guy who has lived his entire live in NCY and the surrounding area, and just picked up and moved to Florida. If you follow Altucher, you might be aware Jerry Seinfeld wrote a scathing response in the New York Times. Interestingly, Seinfeld lives about 2 hours away in the rural Hamptons.
:) Just like all the MSM reporting about peaceful protests and safe South Africa.