What will major Western cities look like in 3-5-10+ years time?

Blitz

Sparrow
Here is my best guess of what the Western Cities will look like in 5-10 years time.

Keep in mind however, that many countries are all unique and have different situations. Most of what I am describing here will be the United States, although shittier European countries like France will also be in this camp.

• Complete lack of meaningful organization. Just getting your driver's license will be akin to getting one in Peru. Not hating on Peru, it's a great country, but America and eventually Europe will start falling into 2nd and 3rd world inefficiency. Things will take forever for little to no reason. Roads are already falling into disrepair in the city I am from (Atlanta.) Justice system will become even more ineffective. Internet will start to get spotty, expect the speeds to drop even with 5G. Loadshedding for power and water will be implemented, and already has in California. California is the future of the West, and especially America. You will no longer be living in the country your ancestors built, white man.

I live in Calgary, even with the oil crash still one of the highest GDP per capita cities in North America. My girlfriend is mid-20s, never got her driver's licence and decided she needed it after 5 years of me bugging her to do it. The driver's ed places were all shut down during the fake pandemic, and when they opened up there was a huge backlog of people needing a license. So you had to check the online portal every day at midnight for the next round of openings. For no joke 8 weeks, she checked every night and there were never any openings. We found out that the testing facilities were only open ONE day per week. Though I'm sure there were some 16 year old kids getting them, the vast majority are new immigrants (second hand info from reddit posts).

So the situation is we have a flood of unskilled immigrants and we don't have the capacity to process even the most mundane civic necessities. This, in a RICH city with the supposed entrepreneurial spirit to fill the gaps (provincial government privatized license issuance). What will happen? Immigrants will vote for a party who will promise government will take care of everything. For getting a driver's license, it's probably a good thing, but it obviously won't stop there. For instance city council just voted to lower residential speed limits from 50km/h to 30km/h, which is now a necessary safety measure because there's a huge sudden influx of new drivers with no winter experience in a city with 6 months of snow and ice every year. Diversity is most definitely not our strength.

Garuda

Kingfisher
For instance city council just voted to lower residential speed limits from 50km/h to 30km/h, which is now a necessary safety measure because there's a huge sudden influx of new drivers with no winter experience in a city with 6 months of snow and ice every year. Diversity is most definitely not our strength.

They did this as well in Minneapolis and St. Paul. It went from 35mph to 25mph after the local diversity was responsible for a number of hit and runs.

Blitz

Sparrow
They did this as well in Minneapolis and St. Paul. It went from 35mph to 25mph after the local diversity was responsible for a number of hit and runs.

As with Minny/ St. Paul, we have a large population of Somalians here too, noticeable amounts of homeless Somalis...not sure how that happens. Makes you wonder what the reasoning is behind large population groups sent to places at about the opposite end of their natural weather habitat.

STG

Woodpecker
As with Minny/ St. Paul, we have a large population of Somalians here too, noticeable amounts of homeless Somalis...not sure how that happens. Makes you wonder what the reasoning is behind large population groups sent to places at about the opposite end of their natural weather habitat.

The reasoning is because stupid people think America is the land of "magic dirt" where you can import people from anywhere in the world and they will become Americans.

It doesn't work that way. We are seeing the failed experiment play out before our eyes. Its like a horror movie except when you get up to leave you find you have been locked inside the theater.

Garuda

Kingfisher

The bulk of the homeless here are Native Americans and middle aged blacks but Somalians take up a lot of the public assistance resources. The whole refugee resettlement thing is a huge financial racket.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-program-resettle-refugees-40-percent-muslim/

As Refugee Resettlement Watch reported, there are multiple ways for these VOLAGs to generate revenue from this program:
a. $1,850 per refugee (including children) from the State Department.
b. Up to $2,200 for each refugee by participating in a U.S. DHHS program known as Matching Grant. To get the $2,200, the Volag need only show it spent $200 and gave away $800 worth of donated clothes, furniture, or cars.
c. The Volag pockets 25 percent of every transportation loan it collects from refugees it “sponsors”.
d. All Volag expenses and overhead in the Washington, DC HQ are paid by the U.S. government.
e. For their refugee programs, Volags collect money from all federal grant programs – “Marriage Initiative,” “Faith-based,” “Ownership Society etc., as well as from various state and local grants.
The program is so lucrative that in some towns the Catholic Church has lessened support for traditional charity works to put more effort into resettlement. It uses collection offerings to promote the refugee resettlement program.

That was back in 2015. The revenue has probably grown at least fivefold due to the whole Syria fiasco and Rohingya crisis.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I try not to get excited for the coming decline of the west, but at times its hard not to. How our 'leaders' can get away with such traitorous behavior is a testament to how brainwashed the voters are.

So many of the people we opened to the floodgates to are bent on turning this place into the shitholes they desperately wanted to leave. Its the definition of insanity. I have been trying to follow the clam harvesting in the area and it never seems to open. The reason is 'toxicity' but I started to get skeptical. Going clamming at night in the winter with family has been a staple of west coast living for generations. The oceans have gotten only cleaner since I was a kid. What gives? I ran into a Department of Fisheries guy recently and asked him what the hell is going on with the toxicity. He said its the only way they can get the Asians to stop illegal harvests of bivalves. They just set up at night and harvest every damn thing on the beach and then sell them. Setting limits of 75 per person had no effect on them, so they spread that they are 'dangerous' to try and get them to stop. Even than doesn't stop them. Its gotten so bad that its full ban now within 100km of Vancouver and they use helicopters and night vision/scopes to bust these people. For fucking bivalves. But if they did not, the beaches would be dead zones in no time.

Anyways, just another story that makes me seethe.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
I think that even if the elites lighten up on the whole covid-19 thing the toothpaste is out of the tube when it comes to remote working. I could have told you that most jobs were remote worthy years ago, but, sometimes these disruptions need a catalyst of sorts to get going. Enter Covid-19. I do believe there is something to having your people in one place in order to manage and supervise them, but, that argument rings a bit arcane and will never hold a candle to the counter argument of all the money saved from not renting very expensive CBD real estate. For instance, Boston and New York...the prices are staggering and landlords demand and get long term lease commitments. A CFO from a few years ago would wet himself if he could cut out a line item as big and juicy as rent. Plus you'll have top talent start to ask for this and all the job postings I've seen lately have been either remote only or remote option.

No one likes to commute, although I do hear it sometimes. Indeed, getting out of the house matters and is appealing to many, but, making the argument that commuting is fun sounds like some brainwashed feminista talking smack about how she's a workaholic and loves working on the weekends. Its all bull. People are lazy, especially the feminists types.

For this reason, I see the central business district in a sharp secular decline. Major changes are coming as a result of that. One thing is the dispersions of population to the suburbs. And that means their politics too, so, this is not all that good. Cities will decay as a result. Without industry, places like New York will become hellish and likely worse that they were in the 70s. Because even in the 70s you had Wall Street to carry the water. Not so going forward. And maybe Goldman and Morgan never actually leave the city. So long as most of a large percentage of their staff are remote the effect will be the same. Millions of people commute into the city and pay for parking, hot dogs, cocktails and steak dinners. Not so much any longer.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
I try not to get excited for the coming decline of the west, but at times its hard not to. How our 'leaders' can get away with such traitorous behavior is a testament to how brainwashed the voters are.

So many of the people we opened to the floodgates to are bent on turning this place into the shitholes they desperately wanted to leave. Its the definition of insanity. I have been trying to follow the clam harvesting in the area and it never seems to open. The reason is 'toxicity' but I started to get skeptical. Going clamming at night in the winter with family has been a staple of west coast living for generations. The oceans have gotten only cleaner since I was a kid. What gives? I ran into a Department of Fisheries guy recently and asked him what the hell is going on with the toxicity. He said its the only way they can get the Asians to stop illegal harvests of bivalves. They just set up at night and harvest every damn thing on the beach and then sell them. Setting limits of 75 per person had no effect on them, so they spread that they are 'dangerous' to try and get them to stop. Even than doesn't stop them. Its gotten so bad that its full ban now within 100km of Vancouver and they use helicopters and night vision/scopes to bust these people. For fucking bivalves. But if they did not, the beaches would be dead zones in no time.

Unbelievable. Is it a specific sort of Asians like Chinese, Filipinos, etc., or is it an euphemism for Pakistanis like in the UK?

Pendleton

Pelican
At this point, I am more interested in what the rural areas and white enclaves will look like in the next 10 years. I had always assumed I would be a permanent expat but in the rosiest days of Trump's election I thought he might slow the decline enough that it would be possible to buy a rural homestead or a home in a homogenous suburb or small town, retire there and be somewhat confident it would not be a Mad Max scenario before I died. It no longer looks like that will be an option.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Unbelievable. Is it a specific sort of Asians like Chinese, Filipinos, etc., or is it an euphemism for Pakistanis like in the UK?

From what I gather its mostly Vietnamese and Chinese.

Edit: But then I have lots of second gen Chinese and Viet friends who would never do this type of thing. So I refer back to WE NEED to slow immigration down. For the sake of the environment (ha). It is at absolute country destroying levels at the moment, and current leadership is charging forward with even more.

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
At this point, I am more interested in what the rural areas and white enclaves will look like in the next 10 years. I had always assumed I would be a permanent expat but in the rosiest days of Trump's election I thought he might slow the decline enough that it would be possible to buy a rural homestead or a home in a homogenous suburb or small town, retire there and be somewhat confident it would not be a Mad Max scenario before I died. It no longer looks like that will be an option.
Don't give up mate, you can still do it.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
I think that even if the elites lighten up on the whole covid-19 thing the toothpaste is out of the tube when it comes to remote working. I could have told you that most jobs were remote worthy years ago, but, sometimes these disruptions need a catalyst of sorts to get going. Enter Covid-19. I do believe there is something to having your people in one place in order to manage and supervise them, but, that argument rings a bit arcane and will never hold a candle to the counter argument of all the money saved from not renting very expensive CBD real estate. For instance, Boston and New York...the prices are staggering and landlords demand and get long term lease commitments. A CFO from a few years ago would wet himself if he could cut out a line item as big and juicy as rent. Plus you'll have top talent start to ask for this and all the job postings I've seen lately have been either remote only or remote option.

No one likes to commute, although I do hear it sometimes. Indeed, getting out of the house matters and is appealing to many, but, making the argument that commuting is fun sounds like some brainwashed feminista talking smack about how she's a workaholic and loves working on the weekends. Its all bull. People are lazy, especially the feminists types.

For this reason, I see the central business district in a sharp secular decline. Major changes are coming as a result of that. One thing is the dispersions of population to the suburbs. And that means their politics too, so, this is not all that good. Cities will decay as a result. Without industry, places like New York will become hellish and likely worse that they were in the 70s. Because even in the 70s you had Wall Street to carry the water. Not so going forward. And maybe Goldman and Morgan never actually leave the city. So long as most of a large percentage of their staff are remote the effect will be the same. Millions of people commute into the city and pay for parking, hot dogs, cocktails and steak dinners. Not so much any longer.

If you want to see the future of NYC, take a look at Detroit or the crappier parts of Chicago or some eastern crime capital like Baltimore.

Garuda

Kingfisher

This is also going on in the gulf states up through the mid Atlantic with sea turtles.

Punchitchewie

Woodpecker
The reasoning is because stupid people think America is the land of "magic dirt" where you can import people from anywhere in the world and they will become Americans.

It doesn't work that way. We are seeing the failed experiment play out before our eyes. Its like a horror movie except when you get up to leave you find you have been locked inside the theater.
Western countries are corporations now and only countries in name and imaginary lines draw on a map. People are viewed as economic units. When the corporation imports more economic units the consumer base and gdp go up

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
It’s been happening for many years already. Just look at California: the streets are not safe but rather full of tents, drugged up honeless bums shooting up and taking a dump in the middle of the street.

We will see this in all major cities, the social safety nets will completely break and we will have a complete breakdown of law and order.

More cities will defund their police departments because their elected officials want to virtue signal.

Social Security will go bankrupt about 2030, any of the boomers that are still alive will whine .
A generation of men will be left behind. The 50 year old truck drivers will be replaced by robots.

Yes we will have hordes of driverless cars and robot driving trucks. Probably sooner than anyone realizes, perhaps by 2025.