What Workout Music Do You Listen to?

^^ Was gonna mention Pantera but you beat me to it. Havok is another good one. They have some anti-Christian songs, but I leave those out of my Playlist.

If I'm just stretching for a recovery day, I'll put on some Do Make Say Think. They're instrumental and very relaxing.
Do Make Say Think. Now there’s a blast from the past for me. Saw them live a few times and they were great.

Simple question really.

I've always viewed music as serving a purpose, and for that tend to go towards music with a good tempo & rhythm for my boxing training, jumping rope & doing HIIT.

Currenly that's a Latin boogaloo compilation from 70s & a 90s house mix, both downloaded from YouTube. I dont particularly enjoy either that much musically, but as i say it's pretty functional.

I would be interested to hear any more suggestions, especially any more musically edifying ones, that can still provide a decent functionality to working out.
Bruckner no.8 pumps me up. Good Catholic composer too. better than Wagner IMO.

Capella Romana do some great stuff that I find conducive for rowing/repetitive exercise.

Killing Joke - all era's. Their albums Absolute Descent and Pylon are favourites.

Nothing else comes close - my primary lifting music for decades. If you wish to unleash your true Nietzschean superman this is the music for you.

Parts of Mozart's Requiem prior to WO for focus and going through what I wish to achieve in my session.

thetruewhitenorth

Robin
Orthodox
I could never get used to the music during workouts. I prefer a podcast.

Sometimes I would listen to Michael E Jones, Father Josiah Trenham or Roosh's podcast. But then my workout is not super intense.

Maybe some of you beasts out there push it to the max with weights until the veins on your head start bulging out. I guess this level of intensity might require an upbeat music to motivate you.

metallica.

I could never get used to the music during workouts. I prefer a podcast.

Sometimes I would listen to Michael E Jones, Father Josiah Trenham or Roosh's podcast. But then my workout is not super intense.

Maybe some of you beasts out there push it to the max with weights until the veins on your head start bulging out. I guess this level of intensity might require an upbeat music to motivate you.
yep. need something that goes hard to get one pumped. I once listened to the intro to the 48 laws of power while working out., it was interesting.

For you guys, I would recommend this awesome Metal compilation : Metal For Jesus. It's mostly about Neo-Classical Metal. I'm not a big Metal fan, but I really like this style. I've been interested in music that mixes Classical / Baroque music with more modern styles for a while now.

Anyways the compilation is really great in my opinion, and it really pumped me up when I listened to it while training.

For those interested in Heavy Metal, I would recommend Stryper (there's actually a Stryper cover on the comp). They seem to be really a classic band when it comes to Christian Metal. They started out in the 80's (kinda Hair Metal) but are still active today and still seem to put out some good music. Definitely worth a listen if that's your cup of tea, and good music to work out to.

There are some tracks from Golden Resurrection on the comp. I didn't know this band, turns out it's really good !
I have tried to get away from "normal" heavy metal, as I absolutely believe there are Satanic undergirdings to most of it. I have heard Stryper before, and will check them out again as well as the Metal for Jesus compilation you mentioned.

As of now, if I'm warming up/stretching, doing a distance run, or lifting reasonably light, I try to listen to contemporary praise and worship music and even some hymns sang by modern artists. But if I'm lifting HEAVY, the energy from harder/faster music does seem to make a difference. Drum 'n Bass/Jungle or some higher BPM Techno has recently been fitting the bill in that department.

Killing Joke - all era's. Their albums Absolute Descent and Pylon are favourites.
Yeah man, good choice. I will check out those albums. I loved the early stuff (my favorite is the most poppy stuff from the mid-80's). I really liked the album "Killing Joke" from 2003 as well, with Dave Grohl from Nirvana and Foo Fighters fame on drums ! You just GOTTA be motivated listening to it.

I have tried to get away from "normal" heavy metal, as I absolutely believe there are Satanic undergirdings to most of it. I have heard Stryper before, and will check them out again as well as the Metal for Jesus compilation you mentioned.
There are some pretty good Christian Metal bands, but I had to dig deep. In the end the bands from Metal for Jesus comp are all worth checking out. Especially the couple albums by Golden Resurrection. I do like Yngwie Malmsteen when it comes to Neo-Classical Metal too, I don't think he has anything anti-christian in his music (too busy playing crazy fast 7th arpeggios). I'm not a big Heavy Metal fan, but Stryper seems to be a safe bet for Christian Heavy Metal. They seem to have been putting out good music consistently since the 80's.

If you're into Synthwave / Cyberpunk music / Futuristic synth music, check out this playlist, it's pretty cool. Most of it is good workout music for sure.

Thoughtcrime

Sparrow
How about some straight up techno? I was at the gym today after way too long and I was getting annoyed at the generic 'grocery store rock' they were playing. It's almost as bad as the poppy dance tunes they typically play, instead.
I was playing these bangers today:
Chicago Loop - Space Electric
Simone Tavazzi - Sandglass
Simone Tavazzi - Underneath

Also, when driving in the mornings, I've started to play rock. Really gets the testosterone up. Here are some greats tracks:
Animals as Leaders - The Price of Everything and the Value of Nothing
Death From Above 1979 - Going Steady
My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow (not some emo band, despite the name)
* Relatedly: full album link: Alice Cooper - Poison
Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks

MRBR1908

Pigeon
Mostly rock and metal myself. Especially stuff that is lyrically buck the system, or just good punk.

So Suicidal Tendencies, Ramones, AC/DC, and so on. Anthemic, and easy to row, lift or do cardio to.

Otherwise if I want to go Rap....then it is old school NWA, Run DMC, Dr. Dre, and maybe a bit of Eminem or Tom MacDonald.