What's the oldest age a woman can be for you to seriously consider pursuing a relationship?

Blade Runner

Pelican
Also, what's the associated characteristic that is most important with the age (generally I'll assume younger) - less "experience" all around leads to better connection if the right personality type?

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
Regardless of my age, as long as I keep my looks, and have my $$$ in order, I would not date older than 27.

Mid 20s is a sweet spot. By that age any sane woman would have already decided if she wants a family, and a stable LTR, or double down on academia (get a PhD) and/or climb further the corporate ladder. I excluded non college going women, since by the age of 25 these are usually (even here in Germany) already done with an apprenticeship, and are settled down with a stable guy.

Beyond that age, they will be putting up a facade to get a commitment from you. Anyone above 30 is most likely to be a train wreck and try to trick you into getting her preggo or support one of their existing rugrats.

There is also biology: Say you meet at 30. It would take 3 years to get to know her, her friends and family. You officially tie the knot on her 33 (more likely closer to her 34th biological year), and then you try to have kids. At that age, things could happen. Miscarriage, horrible birth defects, or nothing at all. If it takes a year to conceive the first one, then a second kid might never happen at all. Giving birth at 36 or 37 is tricky business.

The whole age range thing is also subjective, since we all have different looks, and tolerance levels. I am about a 5.5 here in Germany, and at 29, I can barely catch the interest of a local 28-year-old, if the only criteria is looks. My pal is about 50, and easily can date 15 years down due to looks. He rarely does it any more since all the 35-year-old female singles are insane. I understand him, since he is a widower, and his misses was a real gem.

It all depends. Below 30 is a good rule of thumb.

Blade Runner

Pelican
Mid 20s is a sweet spot. By that age any sane woman would have already decided if she wants a family, and a stable LTR, or double down on academia (get a PhD) and/or climb further the corporate ladder. I excluded non college going women, since by the age of 25 these are usually (even here in Germany) already done with an apprenticeship, and are settled down with a stable guy.
Great answer. In particular, this part. The mid to late 20s bracket for women separates the wheat from the chaff. The problem for the girls whose SMV just wasn't that high is that the modern world takes them out of the game entirely by not allowing them to capitalize at least on youth at age 18-23, which adds a least a point to their SMV. I have seen girls who were easy 6s at that age that by 30 and beyond, the combination of aging, weight, and being fairly average to begin with just destroys any chance they have at all with someone who isn't lower than them SMV wise. And of course they still think a guy who is a 7 at age 30+ has any interest in them ... and they won't date 50 year olds. LOL

Y
Great answer. In particular, this part. The mid to late 20s bracket for women separates the wheat from the chaff. The problem for the girls whose SMV just wasn't that high is that the modern world takes them out of the game entirely by not allowing them to capitalize at least on youth at age 18-23, which adds a least a point to their SMV. I have seen girls who were easy 6s at that age that by 30 and beyond, the combination of aging, weight, and being fairly average to begin with just destroys any chance they have at all with someone who isn't lower than them SMV wise. And of course they still think a guy who is a 7 at age 30+ has any interest in them ... and they won't date 50 year olds. LOL
Average to homely women are the biggest victims of feminism. But of course, the idea that they could somehow raise their SMV through college, career, and money is an alluring escape from reality. Attractive women have a decade or more to jump ship and change course. The sad thing, it seems when these average women discover the lies they merely double down to sabotage the next generations.

For those of you thinking about (or who have achieved) marriage and kids, what would you say is the difference between getting married at 25 and say, 30?

Let me be more clear: say you get married at one of those ages, and let's assume you're still married at 45. How is your life different, and how was it different, if you married at 25 vs. if you married at 30?

jarlo

Woodpecker
For those of you thinking about (or who have achieved) marriage and kids, what would you say is the difference between getting married at 25 and say, 30?

Let me be more clear: say you get married at one of those ages, and let's assume you're still married at 45. How is your life different, and how was it different, if you married at 25 vs. if you married at 30?
I don't have a strong stance on this question. But since you're likely asking this for yourself, let me flip the question on you. What would the five years from 25-30 look like for you if you were to marry at 30 instead of 25?

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
After reading the article by the guy who said all women have a crazy year at 26... I only search for 27 to 31 with 29 being their peak biological clock ringing like a church bell ... Just saying... Amazing how many women 35 plus refer to themselves as girls. The wall-banger denial factor is real.

It's her biological age and notch count I'm concerned with so it depends.

I've seen a few rare women around 33 something that look younger, healthier and more fertile (and probably are) than most women 10 years younger because they've taken care of themselves. But they've also had too big of a notch count for me to consider it.

So if I were to find an older woman who looked like her biological age was around early twenties and I felt pretty sure that her notch count was low too, I would consider it.

Biological age Passport age

But usually I'm only looking for below 25 and I'm 31 now.

Salinger

Kingfisher
I am 40 and 27ish is where I draw the line for something long term.... I have pretty much only been "bible studying" with college age girls my whole life.

I'm curious as to how these college age girls react to you in your study group. Are you accepted by both them and the young men?

I found it tough to make friends when I did this and that was back when I was dying my hair to look younger. Now, I probably look at least 40.

What would the five years from 25-30 look like for you if you were to marry at 30 instead of 25?
Do you mean to ask what the first five years of marriage is like? I think it's substantially better if you marry at 25 vs. 30. The sex is better, quite frankly. I'm not saying that sex with a 30-35 year old woman is bad. I'm just say that if you pick a specific example of a woman in that age range, and then compare her to her 25 year old self, the younger version is better.

I'm not rejecting anyone. I'm not saying I'm too good for anyone. I'm just pointing out that it's better to marry the younger version, if you can.

Warning: language

25, you're both still figuring life out or large parts of it. Things are more chill and carefree. A comparison is those college friends you just hang with without major discord, often because it's comfortable. The sex is acceptable and enjoyable if she was a virgin.

30, you're probably coming into more money that you're actually saving. You're buying assets and you both feel good because things are probably going well. Compare this to your weekly pickup basketball game friends: it's fun because there's a purpose. However you're growing sick of her family if they're like most families.

35, more fighting as you hit roadblocks in life. You start feeling closer to 40 even though it feels far away. You realize you need to level up quickly to meet the challenges to get happy again. This is more like dealing with a bratty little sister than anything else. You do not want to see her family. Possibly prepare for games over sex.

40, you've leveled up but realize life is a shitshow for 99.9% of people. No one really has any answers nor do they care about your problems. You should be cool with this at this point. Young dudes start looking to you as a mentor, which feels weird. You've had major wins and major failures. Other women become noticeably, sometimes somewhat uncontrollably, into you in public...even with your wife present. You have a choice in that moment. The sex gets on a new level. You've probably started to see that maxing out your past financial wins is paramount and you may never make it back to your peak but there's hope. You give very little fucks because time matters now.

I think I went off on a tangent. Obviously, your miles will vary.

hedonist

Woodpecker
IMO social media/dating apps etc has drawn a pretty big line in the sand with the generations for compatibility.

If you are an older guy that is a huge headache to deal with a younger women unless you are a social butterfly or you find a rare gem.