What's your clothing style?

How do you typically dress? Are you more formal or casual? Simple or accessorized? Feminine or androgynous? How much of a difference is there between how you look at home and how you look when you go out?

I try to dress in classic feminine styles. I get really stuck wearing yoga pants and a tank/ sweater at home, especially in the winter, it’s just more comfortable for all manner of daily tasks. In the summer I have very casual dresses I like to wear during the day. Trying to get in the habit of getting a real outfit on daily, but I just prefer to wear comfier clothes cleaning and doing things while my husband is at work. If I’m not going out during the day I will shower after lunch and put on normal casual clothes and makeup for my husband (want to look nice for him). I always get ready before leaving the house, even for errands. I want myself and my children to look clean and neat. My best and dressier looks are for church, dates, parties. I have 2 pairs of pants and the rest are dresses. My husband likes it when I switch it up with different accessories and especially a fun hairdo. Did fun buns a few days ago and he loved it. I like simple quality more the older I get, I’ve recently started sewing and looking forward to doing the matching mommy kids thing in the future. Especially for holidays.

I try to dress in classic feminine styles. I get really stuck wearing yoga pants and a tank/ sweater at home, especially in the winter, it’s just more comfortable for all manner of daily tasks. In the summer I have very casual dresses I like to wear during the day. Trying to get in the habit of getting a real outfit on daily, but I just prefer to wear comfier clothes cleaning and doing things while my husband is at work. If I’m not going out during the day I will shower after lunch and put on normal casual clothes and makeup for my husband (want to look nice for him). I always get ready before leaving the house, even for errands. I want myself and my children to look clean and neat. My best and dressier looks are for church, dates, parties. I have 2 pairs of pants and the rest are dresses. My husband likes it when I switch it up with different accessories and especially a fun hairdo. Did fun buns a few days ago and he loved it. I like simple quality more the older I get, I’ve recently started sewing and looking forward to doing the matching mommy kids thing in the future. Especially for holidays.
One of my problems is how cold I get!! Even if the heat is turned up, I wanna pile on the layers! All the hoodies, fleeces, and bathrobes. It's not very attractive, lol.

One of my problems is how cold I get!! Even if the heat is turned up, I wanna pile on the layers! All the hoodies, fleeces, and bathrobes. It's not very attractive, lol.
I know what you mean! I am constantly putting on and taking off my sweater all day! Honestly the first thing my husband does when he gets home is put on comfy clothes, and he doesn’t seem to care if I’m in them either. Home is our sanctuary from the world. If I am clean, hair neat, and decently dressed I don’t beat myself up. I’m more concerned with what Ive accomplished in the house and with my children during the day!

Also I’ve been slowly trying to upgrade my lounge/ house wear. A cute pink cozy sweater or a flowy house dress in dark color are great additions to a housewife’s wardrobe. Sometimes a bow in your hair or painting your nails is all it takes to feel and look girly for DH.

Lamkins

Robin
I’m definitely casual and feminine although I love anything faux military. I have some cameo capris I love. Skirts, t-shirts, linen tunics, Capri pants. I love dangly earrings. Sandals. Usually the only makeup I have on is lipstick because without it I look like something you’d find washed up on the beach. My hair is in a messy bun most of the time because I get too hot with it down. I’ve started artfully wrapping lightweight scarves around the bun base or a pretty a scrunchy. Did you ladies know they’re back in style?? I see them all over.

Home is a different story. I admit I’ve slacked off since hubby retired, although I’ve always had a hard time staying neat at home (or anywhere! I’m kind of a hot mess naturally). T-shirt and pajama bottoms daily. I bought some cute drawstring pajama bottoms so at least things are new and clean. The first thing we both do walking into the house is change into comfy clothes. He’s in sweats and I'm in jammies.

Same here. Winter is the time in the house for at least 5 layers on top, which includes a hoodie UNDER a wool sweater. It is rather cosy.
Like hoodies under sweaters. Also wear leg warmers.

Camellia

Pigeon
I dress pretty much like a latina. Since I moved to America I became more modest and chic, but I have to confess all of my outfits are a bit sexy - just not Colombian style with super tight and revealing clothes. I like neutral/soft colors and items of clothing that have feminine touches likes ruffles, scallops, etc. Everything in my wardrobe is high quality but comes from consignment stores!

I like to take care of my skin so it looks radiant. I also wear light make up every day - tinted moisturizer, under eye concealer, mascara, and sometimes eye liner. As you can see, I put some effort into my appearance, but it's not too much.

I love learning about how all of you ladies dress. This is a fun topic!

To me, the clothes I wear every day are pretty casual (but very feminine). But a lot of people think I'm "dressed up" or more formal looking most of the time: cotton dress, cardigan, plain brown leather flats, simple hat. Earrings. Maybe a scarf.

No pants, no leggings, no hoodies or graphic tees or sneakers or anything like that. No neon or "garish" colors, high-contrast, colorblock themes, etc. I guess those are the things people associate with "casual."

I like solid colors and smallish/feminine repeating prints: florals, gingham, polka dots, small/subtle stripes, etc. None of my clothes are expensive/fancy/designer, but I think they're perceived more in that vein because my ensembles are atypically conservative/neutral/feminine and a little "old timey."

The only real difference between the clothes I wear around the house or stomping around in mucky cow pastures, and the "nice" clothes I wear when "going out," is that the "nice" clothes have hardly been worn, where the everyday ones have tiny stains, patches, threadbare spots, etc. here and there. Other than that, they're literally the same exact clothes.

... which is kind of a neat trick, because I can wake up in the morning, grab the crumpled up pile of clothes I left on top of my dresser the previous night and pull them over my head while I'm still half-asleep, quick peek in the mirror to put on a pair of earrings and make sure my hat isn't all misshapen, then stumble out the door for an early appointment and get told by the receptionist "you always look so nice and put-together!" :squintlol: :laughter:

dragonfire00

Sparrow
I used to wear more leggings/jeans with boots with a flowey shirt and a peacoat/jacket (I never liked sweaters for some reason?) but now that I live somewhere warm (yay!) I have retired that style and went into full dresses mode. They're more comfortable. I also love sandals and dislike socks. Around the house I wear a lot of PJ/leggings but I can't leave the house like that. I sometimes get dressed just to go to the store and then get home and get changed again! Haha.

Leeloo

Robin
I dress like basically Wednesday Addams with an office job. Lots of black with white accents. Sometimes a red scarf or belt. I mix a lot of textures.

When I’m being casual or doing tasks in and out of the home it’s usually leggings with boots and a tunic. I didnt use to accessorize much outside of my wedding ring, but I’ve been trying to get better about adding some other jewelry and pieces to look more put together and get more variety out of my wardrobe.

Leeloo

Robin
I dress very casual. Usually a loose fitting top and jeans or leggings. In the summer I’ll wear a sundress and some flip flops. How exciting. Lol. I actually have a lot of nice, formal clothing but it rarely sees the light of day.

I know what you mean, I have a few really nice dresses that I love to wear, but there just aren’t very many fancy occasions to go to anymore. Even when there’s a reason to dress up, like for example going to the theatre, people have gotten so casual that I look out of place in a dress. It’s so backwards from how things used to be not so long ago.

TexasJenn

Chicken
I'm a single professional working from home. At home it's comfy all the way - in winter, leggings and a sweatshirt, cute business casual tops for work video calls.

In the more staid pandemic climate and not dating or in a relationship, it's mostly laid back when getting out and about - jeans and a cute top. I've barely worn makeup or jewelry the whole pandemic - a little for important work video meetings like giving a presentation.

When I start dating again, I'll definitely sparkle it up with dresses and fun stuff. When I was going to the office, it was dresses/skirts half the time and cute skinny pants and tops half the time, to mix it up.

My style is generally classic feminine, with fun accents here and there. Men often tell me they love that I wear dresses so often and have feminine style.

I know what you mean, I have a few really nice dresses that I love to wear, but there just aren’t very many fancy occasions to go to anymore. Even when there’s a reason to dress up, like for example going to the theatre, people have gotten so casual that I look out of place in a dress. It’s so backwards from how things used to be not so long ago.
Often I am astonished at how not long ago it was. Like when watching old movies or talking to my in laws. How different the world they grew up in was..

I'm a single professional working from home. At home it's comfy all the way - in winter, leggings and a sweatshirt, cute business casual tops for work video calls.

In the more staid pandemic climate and not dating or in a relationship, it's mostly laid back when getting out and about - jeans and a cute top. I've barely worn makeup or jewelry the whole pandemic - a little for important work video meetings like giving a presentation.

When I start dating again, I'll definitely sparkle it up with dresses and fun stuff. When I was going to the office, it was dresses/skirts half the time and cute skinny pants and tops half the time, to mix it up.

My style is generally classic feminine, with fun accents here and there. Men often tell me they love that I wear dresses so often and have feminine style.
You’re in the right place @TexasJenn. There are at least a few unattached strong masculine men on here looking for a single feminine girl!

Lamkins

Robin
I love how feminine women were not so long ago but especially in old classic movies. I try to incorporate that femininity even if my details are different. My hair is my biggest challenge as it’s long and very thick, so it’s hard to do much with. I’ve never had the patience to wrestle it into submission.

Haha, current married cat lady here. We rescued a female with 2 kittens. She went into hiding in the extra bedroom. By the time she emerged she was........very very round. I had no idea a cat could get pregnant before her kittens are weaned. So, now we have her and her 6 illegitimate welfare kids lounging around all day. I gave her a stern talking to about her lifestyle choices, but she just swished off saying she regrets nothing. Nothing!

TexasJenn

Chicken
Often I am astonished at how not long ago it was. Like when watching old movies or talking to my in laws. How different the world they grew up in was..
My mom found religion later in life and became a regular churchgoer. She put together a beautiful wardrobe of skirt suits from mostly consignment and thrift store finds, has always maintained a great figure and was known for her style. She's handed down a few of her vintage dresses to me and I always get so many compliments when I wear them. One is a sleeveless wrap dress with a tie waist covered in red roses and greenery. It fits me like a glove and makes a real statement. My mom paid less than $15 for that dress and people just rave about it. Thanks, Mom :)