What's your clothing style?

My mom found religion later in life and became a regular churchgoer. She put together a beautiful wardrobe of skirt suits from mostly consignment and thrift store finds, has always maintained a great figure and was known for her style. She's handed down a few of her vintage dresses to me and I always get so many compliments when I wear them. One is a sleeveless wrap dress with a tie waist covered in red roses and greenery. It fits me like a glove and makes a real statement. My mom paid less than $15 for that dress and people just rave about it. Thanks, Mom :)
I love this. There is nothing like a good sense of style. And especially being able to find great things frugally. Having a good eye for quality and being able to coordinate is such a talent!

You cat ladies reminded me of the early days when I first found the forum. There used to be a hilarious crazy cat lady emoji of a girl in a rocker with a cat. I wish that was still here to post on your comments

Ah_Tibor

Sparrow
Often I am astonished at how not long ago it was. Like when watching old movies or talking to my in laws. How different the world they grew up in was..
Even though jeans became ubiquitous in the 70s and there was a big push for casual basics in the 90s, there still seemed to be a normie dress code, or "dressing up" for certain events.

Mostly what I remember from 90s fashion (I'm 32) is that it was either very utilitarian basics or some kind of hippie/punk/goth alternative, then stuff became kind of "bubbly" around 98 or 99. I don't remember seeing people walk around in pajama pants until at least 2004 or so.

Fast fashion pieces probably started showing up around then too. I think that was the biggest clothing change tbh.

I know what you mean, I have a few really nice dresses that I love to wear, but there just aren’t very many fancy occasions to go to anymore. Even when there’s a reason to dress up, like for example going to the theatre, people have gotten so casual that I look out of place in a dress. It’s so backwards from how things used to be not so long ago.
I hear ya, don’t want to dox myself but I live in a very small, casual town so I can easily get away with wearing shorts and flip flops to nice restaurants and events around town. It also doesn’t help that where I live is extremely hot and humid in the summer.

Even though jeans became ubiquitous in the 70s and there was a big push for casual basics in the 90s, there still seemed to be a normie dress code, or "dressing up" for certain events.

Mostly what I remember from 90s fashion (I'm 32) is that it was either very utilitarian basics or some kind of hippie/punk/goth alternative, then stuff became kind of "bubbly" around 98 or 99. I don't remember seeing people walk around in pajama pants until at least 2004 or so.

Fast fashion pieces probably started showing up around then too. I think that was the biggest clothing change
Even jeans are being phased out now in exchange for leggings. Althleisure is going to be here for a while since more and more people are forgoing jeans and dressing up all together. Especially with these stupid lockdowns people just are not motivated to dress up or stay fit.

Ah_Tibor

Sparrow
Even jeans are being phased out now in exchange for leggings. Althleisure is going to be here for a while since more and more people are forgoing jeans and dressing up all together. Especially with these stupid lockdowns people just are not motivated to dress up or stay fit.

I've never liked jeans, and I like leggings if they're thicker, solid color, no cameltoe haha. I'm not into the weird patterned yoga pants/leggings though.

I went to my sister-in-law's bridal shower last August and a lot of people said it was the first time they put on "real" clothes in months.

Leeloo

Robin
I've barely worn makeup or jewelry the whole pandemic - a little for important work video meetings like giving a presentation.

This makes for an interesting topic in and of itself. Pre-Covid I wouldn’t leave the house without practically a full face of makeup. I was convinced my skin looked bad and i needed makeup to feel “like myself.” Gradually I wore less and less during the lockdowns. Now I feel like you said, I’m down to maybe mascara, powder, and lip gloss for a work call.
I’m amazed at how I’ve become more comfortable in my skin and less focused on my appearance. I thought people would judge me, but it was an epiphany that literally no one treats me any differently for not being made up. With masks most of it is covered anyway! I’ve had to discard some products because I haven’t used them in so long. And, ohhh, the money I’ve saved!!