Whats your race

Whats your race?

• White

Votes: 52 78.8%
  • Black

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • East Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • West Asian (Indian, Pakistan, Bangladesh)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Latino

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Pacific Islander

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Jewish

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Arab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Persian

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • A mix of two or more races (select this option plus the other two from above)

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters

Timothy Crow

Sparrow
When I was child in school they would hand out forms for you to fill out concerning your race. White was not on there, caucasion was not on there. Anglo/Saxon was the choice. I still go by that and with reason. I spend a great amount of time doing my family's genealogy and what I have found is that yes, I am Anglo/Saxon. And so it stands.

When I was child in school they would hand out forms for you to fill out concerning your race. White was not on there, caucasion was not on there. Anglo/Saxon was the choice. I still go by that and with reason. I spend a great amount of time doing my family's genealogy and what I have found is that yes, I am Anglo/Saxon. And so it stands.
Interesting, I always thought that Anglo-Saxon refers to Germanic and Scandinavian ethnicities and not eg Southern Europeans. Must be a British thing maybe.

I don't like to refer to myself as "white" but Caucasian. A mix of Italian, Portuguese, Swiss and Irish. My grandmother would always say "with a pinch of Scotch" which made her sound like an alcoholic even though she wasn't haha.

Voted "white", but that race label seems kind of like an American thing. I'm a mix of Hungarian, Swedish and Prussian, never felt like them being similar ethnicities in any way.

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member
Voted "white", but that race label seems kind of like an American thing. I'm a mix of Hungarian, Swedish and Prussian, never felt like them being similar ethnicities in any way.
Race and ethnicity are not the same.

Race is more aligned with the continent your ancestors evolved on. Whites evolved in Europe. I’d rather whites be called Europeans, like Asians are referred to as Asians. And as blacks are called African American. I’d think whites in America should be called European Americans.

Ethnicities is more about the countries and culture your family hails from. Irish, Italian, Filipino, Indian, etc.

As someone with Irish and Scandinavian ancestry, I don’t identify with those cultures. I just consider myself American (or European American if you want to know my race).

andy dufresne

Woodpecker
In pursuance with new PC guidelines I represent as Mildly Tan Irish-Scottish European with a strong sexual preference for Bananas and Mangoes. But that will change in about 5 minutes.,