When will countries open the borders?

pk9090

Robin
When will countries open the borders?

Im in the middle of my Australia working holiday visa and wanted a second year but seems like things went the wrong way!

tomtud

Pelican
The concern is if they do so, will you have to be in mandatory quarantine for 14 days? F that if you have a short holiday. I am actually in this dilemma. Waiting till the end of May to see if my July holiday will have to be re scheduled. Airlines rarely offer full refunds. But in this case, I get free re booking. So be it.

Rush87

Ostrich
As a people we've literally become so docile and obedient that we've been sent to our bedrooms like misbehaving children, told that we'll do as we're told until daddy government tells us otherwise and we've just accepted it. No questions asked.

Best case scenario this is a beta test for something bigger down the line - But the world's elite have just witnessed how easily they can force billions to submit. It's not good. Dark times ahead.​

Blade Runner

Woodpecker
In the past I recall others told me when they went to the Far East, for example during H1N1 and travelling to Japan, they were evaluated for fever via thermometer. That was the method for passage. Perhaps they will employ this tactic again?

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
tomtud said:
The concern is if they do so, will you have to be in mandatory quarantine for 14 days? F that if you have a short holiday. I am actually in this dilemma. Waiting till the end of May to see if my July holiday will have to be re scheduled. Airlines rarely offer full refunds. But in this case, I get free re booking. So be it.
14 Days mandatory quarantine in whatever country you visit that still allows foreigners (some requiring 24/7 access to your phone) and then you'll probably have to face 14 days quarantine once you return to your own country.

Penalties often either $$$ or jail time.

That's practically a month quarantined total

Or in the case of a Singaporean who returned to his home country and broke quarantine, cancellation of your passport.

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
There's a kind of hope, an important date, for Western Europe though.

It's the Ramadan Muslim festive period.

The Western Gestapo will try to maintain the quarantines for months, but, our beloved Vibrants might torpedo this Establishment wet-dream, by engaging in massive rioting at the start of Ramadan.

Because during their holy Ramadan, they have to stage huge dinner parties at night, sing and do stuff all together, burn cars, gang-bang in suburban caves and other traditional group activites like that, so, they can't respect no BS quarantine during Ramadan. Also they'll demand that their parents from Africa or Turkey be allowed to travel to share Ramadan festivities with them. Plus, they'll have dry throats during Ramadan (no drinking during daylight) and therefore be at risk of catching the coronavirus, that'll upset them, make them even more violent.

Well, that's the sorry state of the world. Native (sweet and shy) Europeans have to hope that Vibrant Migrants save the continent by forcing the Gestapo to lift the quarantines just before Ramadan.

acco

Woodpecker
Going strong said:

The Western Gestapo will try to maintain the quarantines for months, but, our beloved Vibrants might torpedo this Establishment wet-dream, by engaging in massive rioting at the start of Ramadan.

Because during their holy Ramadan, they have to stage huge dinner parties at night, sing and do stuff all together, burn cars, gang-bang in suburban caves and other traditional group activites like that, so, they can't respect no BS quarantine during Ramadan. Also they'll demand that their parents from Africa or Turkey be allowed to travel to share Ramadan festivities with them. Plus, they'll have dry throats during Ramadan (no drinking during daylight) and therefore be at risk of catching the coronavirus, that'll upset them, make them even more violent.

Well, that's the sorry state of the world. Native (sweet and shy) Europeans have to hope that Vibrant Migrants save the continent by forcing the Gestapo to lift the quarantines just before Ramadan.
Ramadan starts on April 24 and the measures taken in Germany will end at the latest on April 20 they said.

Lovinglife

Woodpecker
In Australia, the PM said this week that we have to live with these restrictions for 6 months. :/

I hear these pandemics usually have a second wave so it looks like I won''t be doing any travel this year and have to stay in Australia. I usually come back for Xmas to see family every year then leave in February.

I'm kind of glad I spent a bit of money on a good home gym 2 years ago. I'm more focus on my gym now and getting stuff done (reading, meditation, house maintaince) cause I never had much time for before due to detractions from the outside world.

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
acco said:
Going strong said:

Ramadan starts on April 24 and the measures taken in Germany will end at the latest on April 20 they said.
Alla u Akbar confirmed then.

Coronavirus strong but Muslim immigrants stronger, as I suspected.

Not even joking, if we Native Europeans get our freedom of movement back because the Western Gestapo is terrified of the Muslims, I shall make amend and never again criticise the Vibrants who enrich us.

Total Honk world by the way. If I want to move and work ever again, I've got to humbly wait for Ramadan, with the same febrile expectation as my traditional enemies, the Islamic migrants.

That'll have impact on European societies. Suddenly, it's Quarantined Natives and Vibrants, together against the governing Gestapos.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Rush87 said:
As a people we've literally become so docile and obedient that we've been sent to our bedrooms like misbehaving children, told that we'll do as we're told until daddy government tells us otherwise and we've just accepted it. No questions asked.

Best case scenario this is a beta test for something bigger down the line - But the world's elite have just witnessed how easily they can force billions to submit. It's not good. Dark times ahead.​
Dent underestimate our capacity for violence. It doesn't take the majority to get things rolling.

acco

Woodpecker
Going strong said:
acco said:
Going strong said:

Not even joking, if we Native Europeans get our freedom of movement back because the Western Gestapo is terrified of the Muslims, I shall make amend and never again criticise the Vibrants who enrich us.

Total Honk world by the way. If I want to move and work ever again, I've got to humbly wait for Ramadan, with the same febrile expectation as my traditional enemies, the Islamic migrants.

That'll have impact on European societies. Suddenly, it's Quarantined Natives and Vibrants, together against the governing Gestapos.
Bury Zenek said:
Are there any talks the date might be postponed in Germany?

Integration commissioner wants to admonish Muslims before Ramadan

Germany, 06 April 2020, JF

About two and a half weeks before the beginning of the Islamic month of fasting Ramadan, Integration State Minister Annette Widmann-Mauz (CDU) has expressed concern that Muslims in Germany might not adhere to the Corona exit restrictions. She therefore intends to use a video on Tuesday to urge migrant associations and Muslim communities to urge their members to comply with the measures.

"Now it depends on each and everyone," Widmann-Mauz told the world. "Health first. There can be no exceptions, even for local prayers."

Religious gatherings prohibited because of coronavirus

As a measure in the fight against the coronavirus, the Federal Government, together with the governments of the Länder, had decreed that religious gatherings in churches, mosques and synagogues were prohibited until further notice. Officially, the exit restrictions remain in force until 19 April. However, it is not unlikely that they will be extended again and thus remain in force during Ramadan.

https://jungefreiheit.de/politik/de...eauftragte-will-moslems-vor-ramadan-ermahnen/
It's not really new news, but there are still a few days to go.

Personally, I think that the measures in Germany will end on April 20. That is why Sweden has not introduced any restrictions at all, because the new citizens would not accept it anyway. It is similar in the migrant suburbs of Paris, where there is no control of compliance.

Peacock
Gold Member
Going strong said:
acco said:
Going strong said:

That was Owen Benjamin's take.