Where Can I Find A Quality Computer Chair?

Maddox

Woodpecker
I'm looking for a leather executive computer chair that is built to withstand the rigors of me sitting in it for 8-9 hours/day. However, all of the chairs I've seen at those office stores are cheap pieces of crap.

I'm willing to pay more than what they charge, but I want something that is not made of bonded leather and cheap padding that only lasts for 1 year. Does anyone know of a good website that sells chairs of this quality?

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Can confirm for aeron chair, which is a standard office chair in my workplace. If you care about your back and/or posture, aeron chair is the way to go.

Maddox

Woodpecker
It looks like there's no padding at all on that Aeron chair. How does your butt not get sore sitting on that wire mesh for hours each day?

Has anyone tried the Eames Soft Pad chair?

eames-executive-chairs.png

Mountaineer

Ostrich
Gold Member
Source a good passenger seat from an automobile that you find comfortable and find a mechanic/welder who will fix it to a post with wheels. Miles more comfortable and cheaper than any off the shelf crap.

soli.deo.gloria

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
It looks like there's no padding at all on that Aeron chair. How does your butt not get sore sitting on that wire mesh for hours each day?

What you want is called a task chair. They are designed to be sat in comfortably for extended periods of time (i.e. an 8+ hour work day). Most chairs as you've correctly pointed out are pieces of junk and will break or wear out quickly and don't have good padding or back support. I used to be a lot heavier and always had a difficult time ever finding a chair that was comfortable and wouldn't break. I've had very good results with this particular one and have purchased several of them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015TRNMS

View attachment 34302
It's not "wire mesh" it's soft, flexible and breathable, I sit on mine for 4-5 hours each day without discomfort. The leather chair looks nice but it's not ergonomic (no upper back support could promote slouching) or adjustable, as a lounger sure but I don't think its a good computer chair. If there's anywhere you can test this and the Aeron side-by-side it would be ideal, I bought my Aeron from a used furniture warehouse that gets their stock from local tech companies that are replacing theirs. If you order online try to buy something with a return policy.

Seeker79

Kingfisher
Padding does not equal long term comfort. Aeron is flexible and will support your ass with plenty of evenly spaced pressure across the surface area. You think the Aeron is expensive? That Eames is gonna force you to take a mortgage. Also, Eames is as much brand as it is function whereas Aeron is designed purely for high quality function.