Where can you buy the cheapest super mansion houses?

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Genuine luxury houses are expensive everywhere, as the interiors for a luxury house cost a lot.

But you can get McMansions cheap in South Dakota.

Screenshot-at-2019-02-20-14-33-14.png

Bulgaria from about $100K, more by the sea, Thailand from about $250K, Russia from about $600K.

Anything genuine anywhere is going to cost a few million and there isn't much difference in the price by country, only by locality. i.e. a mansion in Gulshan, Dhaka Bangladesh will cost you about $10 million; while in rural Utah you could get the same for about $3 million.

Indiana. Check out houses in Hamilton County, specifically Carmel and Zionsville.
Both have kind of a snob vibe to them and decent looking and tolerable chicks are hard to find, but not none existant. Carmel continually gets voted as one of the top places to live in the US as well. Definitely worth a look.

Donfitz007

Kingfisher
An affordable mansion of that caliber is still MINIMUM $3,000,000.

But personally, that's way too big I would rather have one of these.

With this being my favorite ever.

But I could live in a minimalistic 50k house as long as I have an equally priced home theater in it.

Sidney Crosby said:
Heuristics said:
Sidney Crosby said:
The Hamptons or Malibu.

Vancouver offers some great deals too, especially on more compact mansions.

You're talking about the shacks in West Van or the waterfront places out by UBC right?

Yes. Vancouver is also a great drug free environment for raising kids. Also the multiculturalism ensures they get a good grasp of Mandarin in primary school.

The Catalyst said:
Brosemite said:
The Catalyst said:
My friend from Dallas, TX said housing is really cheap over there.

Constantly going up in price...and the property taxes? Sheesh

Yeah she was probably comparing it to equivalent houses in Auckland or Christchurch, or perhaps even the US as a whole.

Do they have a billionaire's row over there in NZ? Those tech bros (beta preppers) are buying up the whole country, so they're overdue one. It could end up the London of the Southern Hemisphere if NZ markets it correctly.

Heuristics said:
The Catalyst said:
Brosemite said:
The Catalyst said:

Yeah she was probably comparing it to equivalent houses in Auckland or Christchurch, or perhaps even the US as a whole.

Do they have a billionaire's row over there in NZ? Those tech bros (beta preppers) are buying up the whole country, so they're overdue one. It could end up the London of the Southern Hemisphere if NZ markets it correctly.

From what I know actual billionaires buying stuff here doesn't really make an impact.

The major factors are:

1) The Kiwi government having major restrictions on building highrises or in farm areas (zoning etc), plus super strict regulations on building, from what I heard regulations alone make costs around double what they should

2) Kiwi delusion as to how good NZ/buying houses are

3) Chinese delusion as to how good NZ/buying houses are. Here it is more understandable as perhaps you might not want to buy a house in polluted China. And also you might be desperate to get assets out of the clutches of the CCP. That being said I still believe they are overpaying for Kiwi assets if they have access at all to alternatives(Aussie/Canadian houses).

We're cheaper than London I believe but more expensive than the vast majority of places and certainly for our city size.

The Catalyst said:
Heuristics said:
The Catalyst said:
Brosemite said:
The Catalyst said:

From what I know actual billionaires buying stuff here doesn't really make an impact.

The major factors are:

1) The Kiwi government having major restrictions on building highrises or in farm areas (zoning etc), plus super strict regulations on building, from what I heard regulations alone make costs around double what they should

2) Kiwi delusion as to how good NZ/buying houses are

3) Chinese delusion as to how good NZ/buying houses are. Here it is more understandable as perhaps you might not want to buy a house in polluted China. And also you might be desperate to get assets out of the clutches of the CCP. That being said I still believe they are overpaying for Kiwi assets if they have access at all to alternatives(Aussie/Canadian houses).

We're cheaper than London I believe but more expensive than the vast majority of places and certainly for our city size.

That’s interesting. So they’re a bit protectionist or anti-housing in some ways.

I can’t imagine how much a single family home is running over there. In some parts of the US a decent house can be had for a couple hundred thousand, of course depending on what part of the country you are in. Of course we have a lot of land, and zoning can be pretty lenient especially outside of urban areas or even in some suburbs… Which are sprawling by most accounts.

1) Restricting the housing market is a problem, and I would hate to live there. Sounds like California where they have a monopoly like structure set up preventing the building of affordable single family housing.

2) Agreed

3) Chinese will do that. They want to expatriate their money and real estate holdings, somewhat of a similar situation in Vancouver, California and Australia. They also want rule of law and good property rights, understandable because they don’t want their houses being bulldozed or seized. Of course they contribute to the inflation in property costs.