Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

Currently In BC Canada, not sure where to move too. They're implementing Covid Pass.
Wife is a Nihon National, have accounting degree but no CPA yet.
So easy options are more Canada or Japan or where ever we can get the foot in the door ASAP...
From the other thread, there are two suggestions:
1. Georgia is currently having a 1 year visa on arrival but not sure about the testing. If you meet conditions that you can prove that you earn more than 2000 USD/month per adult you may look for a digital nomad visa. Requirements may change.
Both Canadians and Japanese are eligible for the 1 year visa on arrival.
Details are here:
Use the E-Visa Portal for long term visa
Keep in mind that long term visa need 30 calendar days
2. Serbia
More complicated and you need these requirements:
General visa requirements:
  1. Valid passport (passport must be valid at least 90 days from issue date of visa)
  2. Letter of invitation:
    - for a private visit – invitation letter certified by the relevant authority of the Republic of Serbia
    - for a business visit – invitation letter by a company in Serbia;
    - for a tourist trip – a proof of payment for the trip issued by a travel agency (voucher or other type of payment receipt);
  3. Completed visa application form: (PDF) ;
  4. Photo (size 3.5x4.5cm);
  5. Return ticket or Itinerary (copy of Driving License and Insurance if you travel by car);
  6. Proof of sufficient funds for staying in Serbia;
  7. Health insurance
  8. Visa fee

Florida, or Mexico.
Florida has not its own army. Mexico is dependent economically to USA
Rural > Suburb > Urban decay
There's pockets in the southern usa states (look at vax rates by state) that you should consider.
All good pointers, but not a long term or even mid term solutions. You need a country with its own army and economical independency from the west. So Serbia is a better option than Georgia. Serbia is dependent on China not USA and EU.

Countries to consider are Armenia and Belarus which are economically dependent on Russia.
Armenia:
Belarus:
You can apply for student visa to learn Russian at Minsk University, the university will help you and it is for 36 weeks. One example:

You can compare the living cost prices roughly at numbeo

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Take into account that this system is global and sooner or later the same measures will be introduced everywhere. Florida couls be ok now, but when they move DeSantis can decline rapidly, Mexico can be alright now but when they remove the presidenrt decline rapidly too. Just look at Tanzania where the madness didn't take root, they killed the president and now it's all in. Point is things can change overnight. Sadly there is no good long term option now so it may be best to stick where you are or close to there and deal with the challenges that are presented there. God put us in a certain place to endure what's coming and I don't reckon fleeing will be the exit here, although it may be an option when things get too intense.

Mike0060

Sparrow
Take into account that this system is global and sooner or later the same measures will be introduced everywhere. Florida couls be ok now, but when they move DeSantis can decline rapidly, Mexico can be alright now but when they remove the presidenrt decline rapidly too. Just look at Tanzania where the madness didn't take root, they killed the president and now it's all in. Point is things can change overnight. Sadly there is no good long term option now so it may be best to stick where you are or close to there and deal with the challenges that are presented there. God put us in a certain place to endure what's coming and I don't reckon fleeing will be the exit here, although it may be an option when things get too intense.
I think so for sure. We will be moving rural ASAP but finding a good community is dang hard.

I agree about the system is global, but this is a multipolar world. You can try to buy time until the research is finished. Remember if you are not moving now, doors are closing. If you have the means and want to move, do it sooner than later.
I think so for sure. We will be moving rural ASAP but finding a good community is dang hard.
Internet and health care access are paramount. You need to reduce your overhead cost. How many children?
I am in BC as well. My wife and son also have Japanese citizenship.
Not going anywhere. I have everything I love and need here. We will be fine without for a while. My friends restaurants will let me eat. Gyms are easy to come by.
Who needs gyms? You can do bodyweight exercise or elastic bands. Stock some food if you can.

rainy

Kingfisher
My plan is Bulgaria. But owning a business here on the East Coast and still being in my 30's with young kids makes that pretty tough for the foreseeable future.

It's a catch 22. As a business owner I don't have to worry about employer vax mandates. On the other hand I'm somewhat stuck here for 5-10 years minimum.

But my wife is in Bulgaria right now and she only sees people wearing masks on the Metro. Other than that it's life as usual, as if you went there 5 years ago. Restaurants packed, cafes packed. Parks packed. No vax mandates of any kind. The highest estimates for vax rate for the country is 15% that I can find. It's a smaller country where they have no problem protesting and protesting enacts change.

If you have the flexibility and capability I'd look at Eastern Europe and parts of Central Europe. Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Hungary.

Hungary has a nice real estate investment program. Long story short here is what I would do if I wanted to live there without EU connections. Take out a loan for 225K Euros or less if you have a decent bankroll, which is less than most mortgages in the states. But you're not doing this to keep your house in the states so sell it if you have one. Open a Hungarian LLC. Invest 200K into two apartments. This meets the minimum requirement for a residency permit and this permit will be dependent on profits generated from renting the apartments, proving your income is self sufficient. Use the income to buy/rent an apartment for yourself. After three years you can apply for permanent residency.

Bulgaria has options too which I've discussed previously. Nice thing there is you can take back your investment after 5 years and still reside there.

While my wife is an EU citizen and I can live/work in any EU country, too many think it's some enormous hill to climb to get residency in parts of Europe without connections. It's not. Any loan that is 50-75% of the average American mortgage should get the ball rolling. Make sure your investment turns a profit. That profit should be more than the average local in that country and comfortable enough to live on. Create a second revenue stream. Even earning $500/month online alone is more than the average Bulgarian. Add that to rental profits and you're living quite well. Reinvest. Be smart. Plenty of Brits are living in renovated Bulgarian houses in the countryside with land, gardens, zero hassle and doing so on their meager pensions.

Last edited:

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
Within Canada, Alberta and Saskatchewan are the best provinces for you to move to.

The Japanese are an intelligent people, but since WWII the globalists have whipped them into unquestioning compliance. If it were me, I'd remain in Canada, but move to AB or SK.

As someone already hinted, there may even be pockets of British Columbia that are sane.

Currently In BC Canada, not sure where to move too. They're implementing Covid Pass.

Wife is a Nihon National, have accounting degree but no CPA yet.

So easy options are more Canada or Japan or where ever we can get the foot in the door ASAP...

Do you have Japanese permanent residency?

My wife is also Japanese. I have a permanent residency application pending right now. Hopefully it will be approved in a month or so and we’re outta here.

Dilated

Woodpecker
I still say rural areas of the USA will be the best bet long term. The percentage of the population that is pro-COVID/vaccine is breathtaking but it’s a huge country and we were founded on dissidence. We still have that spirit in places.

I could make a pretty good case for Bulgaria too. I’m with you, @rainy

sonoran_

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Trying to upload an image from my phone but it's too large however,

Kevin galalae (follow on telegram) suggests Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and other low vaxx % countries like Russia.
, If you don't want to venture out too exotic.

Putin recently said no to pushing for mandates if that helps.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Florida, or Mexico.
Depends if he can travel southwards; I thought Canada border was closed. Are flights still available for unvaccinated in Canada?

My advice is to get out and go anywhere else besides Canada. Maybe you can sneak into Alaska and fly somewhere from there.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
My plan is Bulgaria. But owning a business here on the East Coast and still being in my 30's with young kids makes that pretty tough for the foreseeable future.

It's a catch 22. As a business owner I don't have to worry about employer vax mandates. On the other hand I'm somewhat stuck here for 5-10 years minimum.

But my wife is in Bulgaria right now and she only sees people wearing masks on the Metro. Other than that it's life as usual, as if you went there 5 years ago. Restaurants packed, cafes packed. Parks packed. No vax mandates of any kind. The highest estimates for vax rate for the country is 15% that I can find. It's a smaller country where they have no problem protesting and protesting enacts change.

If you have the flexibility and capability I'd look at Eastern Europe and parts of Central Europe. Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Hungary.

Hungary has a nice real estate investment program. Long story short here is what I would do if I wanted to live there without EU connections. Take out a loan for 225K Euros or less if you have a decent bankroll, which is less than most mortgages in the states. But you're not doing this to keep your house in the states so sell it if you have one. Open a Hungarian LLC. Invest 200K into two apartments. This meets the minimum requirement for a residency permit and this permit will be dependent on profits generated from renting the apartments, proving your income is self sufficient. Use the income to buy/rent an apartment for yourself. After three years you can apply for permanent residency.

Bulgaria has options too which I've discussed previously. Nice thing there is you can take back your investment after 5 years and still reside there.

While my wife is an EU citizen and I can live/work in any EU country, too many think it's some enormous hill to climb to get residency in parts of Europe without connections. It's not. Any loan that is 50-75% of the average American mortgage should get the ball rolling. Make sure your investment turns a profit. That profit should be more than the average local in that country and comfortable enough to live on. Create a second revenue stream. Even earning $500/month online alone is more than the average Bulgarian. Add that to rental profits and you're living quite well. Reinvest. Be smart. Plenty of Brits are living in renovated Bulgarian houses in the countryside with land, gardens, zero hassle and doing so on their meager pensions.
I hear good things about Serbia as well. Keep us posted on if Bulgaria adopts the vaccine passport.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
Depends if he can travel southwards; I thought Canada border was closed. Are flights still available for unvaccinated in Canada?

My advice is to get out and go anywhere else besides Canada. Maybe you can sneak into Alaska and fly somewhere from there.

The land borders are closed, but you can fly from Canada to the United States -- which is pretty bizarre, since a crowded plane is more conducive to disease transmission than motorists in separate vehicles.

Canadians are permitted to stay in the United States for 6 months without a visa, but as a Canadian, getting a visa to work in the U.S. is difficult -- unless you qualify for a TN-1 visa. It would be easier for OP to fly to Mexico, cross the border as an illegal immigrant, and then settle in the United States while claiming welfare.

Yes, Canadian Covid tyranny is awful, but there are pockets of resistance, especially in SK, AB, and parts of ON/BC. You just have to find likeminded people.

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker
The land borders are closed, but you can fly from Canada to the United States -- which is pretty bizarre, since a crowded plane is more conducive to disease transmission than motorists in separate vehicles.

Canadians are permitted to stay in the United States for 6 months without a visa, but as a Canadian, getting a visa to work in the U.S. is difficult -- unless you qualify for a TN-1 visa. It would be easier for OP to fly to Mexico, cross the border as an illegal immigrant, and then settle in the United States while claiming welfare.

Yes, Canadian Covid tyranny is awful, but there are pockets of resistance, especially in SK, AB, and parts of ON/BC. You just have to find likeminded people.

Take that window whilst you can.