Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
You might be right...

Thing is, for me in Belarus at the moment all's pretty good... and they don't have any sinister mRNA vaxxes here...

It's just now that it's getting colder... LATAMs pretty appealing.

Also this really could be the last chance to move, at least for a while.

I don't have the means to travel around checking out options on the ground.
I'm in the same situation, keep oscillating between Eastern Europe and Panama-Nicaragua area. Definitely in paralysis!

iop890

Peacock
Orthodox
Gold Member
I had something unexpected come up that's going to keep me here until September 20th, and possibly a bit longer.

It's probably actually sped up my move though because it gave me a hard date to plan around. As soon as that stuff is dealt with I plan to book a ticket, schedule a test, and go.

I think I'm going to try my hand at making Georgia work, despite the couple of warnings here.

El Draque

Pelican
Orthodox
I think I'm going to try my hand at making Georgia work, despite the couple of warnings here.

What's your reasoning to go to Georgia? Where will you go once there? Tbilsi?

Having just returned from there I can tell you the notion of 'escaping covid lockdown tyranny' there is absurd.

What's key is the buy in from the population. Even small fruit and veg places require masks. People are masked in the street (by law). Majority covering nose as well, lots of kids, some as small as toddlers masked. Walk into a cafe or restaurant you will be expected to be masked until you take your seat. You might one or two that turn a blind eye, but this kind of retardation is standard.

I get that they have favourable Visa rules (presuming the 364 day tourist visa is still available), beyond that it's ridiculous going there trying to escape this stuff.

They have clearly captured the public's minds with it all. From this point in they'll just manipulate them further to that wherever their Globalist handlers tell them.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
What's your reasoning to go to Georgia? Where will you go once there? Tbilsi?

Having just returned from there I can tell you the notion of 'escaping covid lockdown tyranny' there is absurd.

What's key is the buy in from the population. Even small fruit and veg places require masks. People are masked in the street (by law). Majority covering nose as well, lots of kids, some as small as toddlers masked. Walk into a cafe or restaurant you will be expected to be masked until you take your seat. You might one or two that turn a blind eye, but this kind of retardation is standard.

I get that they have favourable Visa rules (presuming the 364 day tourist visa is still available), beyond that it's ridiculous going there trying to escape this stuff.

They have clearly captured the public's minds with it all. From this point in they'll just manipulate them further to that wherever their Globalist handlers tell them.
This surprises me due to the religiosity of Georgia. I think the idea is that people will start waking up, and when they do, it is Georgia of all countries that might be able to pull off a resistance. I actually think this is possible in Georgia, I don't believe it is possible in many western countries where consumerism reigns supreme and people are divided amongst one another squabbling over the scraps of society.

Dilated

Woodpecker
Other Christian
I'm in the same situation, keep oscillating between Eastern Europe and Panama-Nicaragua area. Definitely in paralysis!

For what’s it’s worth both areas seem like a good choice. If you can stand the poverty (and heat) Nicaragua would be a good choice.

Bulgaria intrigues me the most of any country. I have a residency visa for Ecuador but getting a bit tired of it to be honest.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
This surprises me due to the religiosity of Georgia. I think the idea is that people will start waking up, and when they do, it is Georgia of all countries that might be able to pull off a resistance. I actually think this is possible in Georgia, I don't believe it is possible in many western countries where consumerism reigns supreme and people are divided amongst one another squabbling over the scraps of society.
I personally think you guys are misguided thinking these tiny countries won’t eventually succumb. They are too susceptible to EU or other regional or global influence. They might be able to get away with it for a while, but when the big dogs dangle trade or other penalties, they will have to listen. I don’t know much about Georgian politics, but some of these places it is likely more about a weak government than any sort of will to fight against Covidian cultists. If you are in the US, I’d encourage you to stay and fight, as it seems we are one of the only western powers that even have solid anti-Covidian politicians in a mainstream party.

aynrus

Banned
Don't have good forecast for the US, especially since I've been traveling around the country full time.
US seems to be moving towards the worst medical tyranny with rapid speed and got some serious police state and military powers to enforce these things - of course, a home to Big Pharma and huge law enforcement apparatus. No protections had been given to employees, employers mandate vaxx and fire people all the time for refusing it. Indiana college case to fight against vaxx mandate had been thrown out by the US Supreme Court (by that indecent-dressing traitor rat Barret)

Some snapshots just from last days...
I'd entered the state of Kansas (one of the most conservative, heartland states) from South Dakota side (so from equally conservative side):
the first person I had seen after crossing the border, in very small town....was wearing a muzzle while driving (and of course extremely fat).
Big neon-lit billboard (the only one in that middle of nowhere town) urged vaxx poison, distancing, fear, etc, by the county health department.
Driving along Kansas - Oklahoma border (another super-"conservative" state).... the local radio station was reporting how testing got big surge of demand because people worried about "cases" (cases...which do not represent any disease).
There're news about overdoses on Invermectin in OK...these fools believe they need to take something for the fake "deadly virus" and live in fear.
And that's in very religious conservative state.
Same was earlier, when I had seen pretty much entire country quietly wear muzzles in stores, all over.
It's hopeless from my standpoint and one needs to get out.

almosttime

Pigeon
Protestant
Normally I'm bullish on the USA, but I think it might be a lost cause at this point. There are Republican governors of deep red states coming out in support of the vaccine now and urging their own citizens to go and get it. The vast majority of Fox News watching boomers and 'conservatives' also support the vaccine it would seem. Even Trump himself is advocating it. Occasionally local news will show some protests against employers trying to mandate the vaccine for their employees, but there appears to be only a handful of people attending these 'protests,' which ultimately don't amount to anything anyway.

All it would take is one big false flag event/mass death staging this fall/winter, and it most likely would win over the support of the majority of conservative types.

Forester

Robin
Don't have good forecast for the US, especially since I've been traveling around the country full time.
US seems to be moving towards the worst medical tyranny with rapid speed and got some serious police state and military powers to enforce these things - of course, a home to Big Pharma and huge law enforcement apparatus. No protections had been given to employees, employers mandate vaxx and fire people all the time for refusing it. Indiana college case to fight against vaxx mandate had been thrown out by the US Supreme Court (by that indecent-dressing traitor rat Barret)

I'd entered the state of Kansas (one of the most conservative, heartland states) from South Dakota side (so from equally conservative side):
the first person I had seen after crossing the border, in very small town....was wearing a muzzle while driving (and of course extremely fat).
Big neon-lit billboard (the only one in that middle of nowhere town) urged vaxx poison, distancing, fear, etc, by the county health department.
Driving along Kansas - Oklahoma border (another super-"conservative" state).... the local radio station was reporting how testing got big surge of demand because people worried about "cases" (cases...which do not represent any disease).
There're news about overdoses on Invermectin in OK...these fools believe they need to take something for the fake "deadly virus" and live in fear.
Same was earlier, when I had seen pretty much entire country quietly wear muzzles in stores, all over.
Things are just as bad, and probably worse, here in Canada. More so if you live in a big city (thankfully I do not). For the first time in my life I began to consider packing up and heading across the border, but I am now wondering if there are any reasonable states worth fleeing to?

We all know it's not going to be easy no matter where you are (the tentacles of globohomo are far reaching), but after seeing the rapid descent into more totalitarian mandates and laws in my country, if there's an option to better weather the storm elsewhere, I'd take it. I have a few connections in the U.S. at the moment, but unfortunately a number of them are in states like California and Washington, where things are no better.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian

I think you are being too pessimistic. Most of your examples are from media outlets, of course they want to keep pushing it. I’m in a blue metro and while masks are making a come back, and the media is desperately pushing this “surge”, it seems like half the population is just over it. Public outdoor events are packed with mostly maskless attendees, even while the local media tries to scare everybody away. Sometimes I go into stores and like 80% are masked, and sometimes its the other way around. Some businesses have their stupid Covid signs back up, others have gotten rid of them completely. I don’t think it’s anywhere near a lost cause yet, it’s just that too many people keep thinking everything will go back to normal and they will be left alone.

aynrus

Banned
I think you are being too pessimistic. Most of your examples are from media outlets, of course they want to keep pushing it. I’m in a blue metro and while masks are making a come back, and the media is desperately pushing this “surge”, it seems like half the population is just over it. Public outdoor events are packed with mostly maskless attendees, even while the local media tries to scare everybody away. Sometimes I go into stores and like 80% are masked, and sometimes its the other way around. Some businesses have their stupid Covid signs back up, others have gotten rid of them completely. I don’t think it’s anywhere near a lost cause yet, it’s just that too many people keep thinking everything will go back to normal and they will be left alone.

Meida outlets - ?
You don't read what I post, seems like.
I just described what I've seen with my own eyes, above, in the message you quoted.
I also made many other posts here sharing my personal observations from a long list of states.
I travel full-time and been all over the country multiple times over these 2 years, on the road all the time, I think I did a lot more US recent travel than anyone on this forum, pretty much, and been all over rural and conservative areas, small towns, because that's what I like to visit. Not optimistic and don't care for fake useless Pollyanna optimism. These people in your blue state aren't "over" it and people are losing their jobs right now and getting forced by employers to get the vaxx, most major Us employers had mandated it already, and they're just getting started - it's about a week from FDA approval of just one of the multiple options.
They're just starting with it.
It's easier for some to sugar-coat what's going on and think "it'll be ok" (they will end up vaxxed probably).
If you don't like to leave the US, that's cool, but it's escape thread and some of us are heading out and don't want to wait until flights are vaxx-only.

Last edited:

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Meida outlets - ?
You don't read what I post, seems like.
I just described what I've seen with my own eyes, above, in the message you quoted.
Anyway, I travel full-time and been all over the country over these 2 years, I think I did a lot more US travel than anyone on this forum, pretty much, and been all over rural and conservative areas, small towns, because that's what I like to visit. Not optimistic and don't care for fake useless Pollyanna optimism. These people in your blue state aren't "over" it and people are losing their jobs right now and getting forced by employers to get the vaxx, most major Us employers had mandated it already, and they're just getting started it's about a week from FDA approval of just one of the multiple options.
They're just staring.
If you don't like to leave the US, that's cool, but it's escape thread.
You mentioned billboard, radio, and news, all things that can be bought or already controlled by liberals.

aynrus

Banned
You mentioned billboard, radio, and news, all things that can be bought or already controlled by liberals.
Have you heard of such thing as local news? Conservative, local news, that push vaxx and virus lies now.
I mentioned billboard put up by the County Health Department, not by "liberals".
Anyway, don't think you read my messages beofre, I regularly share my observations from multiple states here.
I've been to about half of the US states just in the last 4 months.

aynrus

Banned
Things are just as bad, and probably worse, here in Canada. More so if you live in a big city (thankfully I do not). For the first time in my life I began to consider packing up and heading across the border, but I am now wondering if there are any reasonable states worth fleeing to?

We all know it's not going to be easy no matter where you are (the tentacles of globohomo are far reaching), but after seeing the rapid descent into more totalitarian mandates and laws in my country, if there's an option to better weather the storm elsewhere, I'd take it. I have a few connections in the U.S. at the moment, but unfortunately a number of them are in states like California and Washington, where things are no better.
Police state + generally rule-abiding citizens + low corruption = power to enforce and no way out of the trap

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Have you heard of such thing as local news? Conservative, local news, that push vaxx and virus lies now.
I mentioned billboard put up by the County Health Department, not by "liberals".
Anyway, don't think you read my messages beofre, I regularly share my observations from multiple states here.
I've been to about half of the US states just in the last 4 months.
Media and public sector in even rural areas will still be run by leftists. What conservative wants to work for the County Health Department? Leftists love those hall monitor jobs, doesn’t matter where.

aynrus

Banned
Media and public sector in even rural areas will still be run by leftists. What conservative wants to work for the County Health Department? Leftists love those hall monitor jobs, doesn’t matter where.
This is rural small town Kansas by South Dakota border in the example...they're not run by leftists. They're run by Weiland Corporation ilk that owns most of America at this point and owns Fox and GOP.
Are you serious?
Jobs are hard to come by in rural America!
County Health Department is a super-desirable job with great retirement options often, only connected locals get it.
County Health Department has the power of guns, handcuffs, bars and tasers at their disposal and can enforce public health orders.