Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Not in rural areas. It's all locals working for the County, they all know each other since elementary school, and good luck for an outsider to ever get one of those coveted cushy government jobs, especially positions with retirement package.
They'd never dare to challenge status the quo, working in any county position or even being a family member - or well-paid requirement bye-bye. In fact I saw some of them whine about masks back in 2020, but they zip it up and even their families all puts masks on in stores because they're afraid to get nixed. They're held by the balls, as there's little employment and can lose nice retirement money also.
The Republican Party is not officially anti-mask or anti-vaccine. Their stance is to give people the choice of whether to follow the restrictions or not. So, in conservative/red areas, you'll still see pro-vaccine propaganda and signs encouraging masks, but there should be little-to-no overt coercion to comply, except in certain situations like a medical or state government office.

I live in a purple state, and when I drive 45-minutes outside of my blue suburb, the amount of masks I see drops off precipitously. In fact, I would say that red areas in Democratic-controlled states are likely to be even more defiant of the restrictions, because they know by experience how close they are to complete loss of their freedoms.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I am from the UK, and was thinking of going to Tirana Albania, or Spain, just didnt want to go anywhere with passports for the V. Thanks anyway
Serbia is the best option right now...Albania is going the way of vax passports. However you do need PCR for all these which is a huge pain to get because you need to ensure you have one to board the flight, as well as one within 72 hours to enter, if you want to get past the border guards. This means you will most likely need multiple PCR tests just to be safe, and these PCR tests are not fun, and you should not do them unless absolutely necessary because they are abrasive and in my opinion, we don't even know if there is not something worse on those that can be going into our body.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
From the UK, you should just go to Cornwall or Devon. Go camping, enjoy the countryside. As Don points out, the PCR tests is tedious as hell, and hits you in the wallet, and shouldn't be taken all the time either. It's not healthy, its weird, it feels like some sort of cucking taken one, and it costs a large chunk of change. Literally be around the same cost as your flights, when you count them up

Acerza89

Pigeon
Orthodox Inquirer
From the UK, you should just go to Cornwall or Devon. Go camping, enjoy the countryside. As Don points out, the PCR tests is tedious as hell, and hits you in the wallet, and shouldn't be taken all the time either. It's not healthy, its weird, it feels like some sort of cucking taken one, and it costs a large chunk of change. Literally be around the same cost as your flights, when you count them up

Well there are way around the PCR test if you know what i mean, until of course the QR systems comes in. There is also excemption for testing and qurantine on return to the UK, easy ones i have seen many use. Anyway lets see

TheBMan

Pelican
Where do people reccomend a quick one week holiday in europe, say in mid september? Albania, bulgaria? Poland? I just want the beach and peace
I just finished two weeks in the Greek Islands and had a great time. Weather was perfect and very few people give a shit about the masks.

Goni

Woodpecker
I am from the UK, and was thinking of going to Tirana Albania, or Spain, just didnt want to go anywhere with passports for the V. Thanks anyway

Serbia is the best option right now...Albania is going the way of vax passports. However you do need PCR for all these which is a huge pain to get because you need to ensure you have one to board the flight, as well as one within 72 hours to enter, if you want to get past the border guards. This means you will most likely need multiple PCR tests just to be safe, and these PCR tests are not fun, and you should not do them unless absolutely necessary because they are abrasive and in my opinion, we don't even know if there is not something worse on those that can be going into our body.
In Albania ( and Kosovo) only PCR test is required to enter, no vax passport.

You don't need any PCR tests to enter hotels and restaurants.

Same with Bulgaria.

Macedonia has started implementing the vax passport.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
It's summer guys. I wouldn't make any decisions based on what is open right now. Look at how various countries act when it's flu season. Base all decisions on that. I was in Serbia last fall but they got retarded as hell. Not as bad as Western Europe, but still very retarded.
Do you think locals in Mexico realize this is a scam? The Mexicans here in the U.S. seem pretty docile and obedient, from the ones I spoke to. They just accept it. If that's the attitude in Mexico then a slight change in leadership might make that country very bad.

kel

Ostrich
Yeah, this winter is going to be nuts, I think (but I would love to eat those words). I think just about everywhere will lockdown again but it'll be Australia-level this time, and who knows if come spring it'll back off.

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Do you think locals in Mexico realize this is a scam? The Mexicans here in the U.S. seem pretty docile and obedient, from the ones I spoke to. They just accept it. If that's the attitude in Mexico then a slight change in leadership might make that country very bad.
No, Mexicans don't understand anything. Mask compliance in the cities is like 95-99%. But in small towns and on the coasts it's quite chill.

One thing I'll say for Mexicans is that they're not scared like many people in white countries, and also Colombia and Brazil. They seem to just be kinda going along to get along but not properly... many masks under the nose and so forth. No real fear.

aynrus

Pelican
It's summer guys. I wouldn't make any decisions based on what is open right now. Look at how various countries act when it's flu season. Base all decisions on that. I was in Serbia last fall but they got retarded as hell. Not as bad as Western Europe, but still very retarded.
Serbia already has mandatory adult vaccination law on the books, what else does one need to know...

aynrus

Pelican
The Republican Party is not officially anti-mask or anti-vaccine. Their stance is to give people the choice of whether to follow the restrictions or not. So, in conservative/red areas, you'll still see pro-vaccine propaganda and signs encouraging masks, but there should be little-to-no overt coercion to comply, except in certain situations like a medical or state government office.

I live in a purple state, and when I drive 45-minutes outside of my blue suburb, the amount of masks I see drops off precipitously. In fact, I would say that red areas in Democratic-controlled states are likely to be even more defiant of the restrictions, because they know by experience how close they are to complete loss of their freedoms.
Mainstream repubs are pro-lies about fake "deadly virus", that's what they like to promote through Fox news, the lies about this fake and push for vacccciiiine....I just been around half of US states, mostly conservative ones, and Fox radio pushes that garbage non-stop.

I've been around multiple conservative states through mask mandates too and there was often 100% compliance, I was the only one without the muzzle in stores and made feel uncomfortable.
I'm done here. Right now they're wearing muzzles in some conservative states without any mandates, just seen 25% masked in stores in rural small town Kentucky. Once mandate is back in, it'll be 100%, just like it was only several months ago.
There'll be no real resistance to anything. Anyways, for people who eat that Monsanto and similar junk all the time, obese, etc I think mRNA vaxx won't make any extra difference...may be even beneficial considering how bad the stuff they're eating daily is. mRNA might be the only hope to fix it.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
No, Mexicans don't understand anything. Mask compliance in the cities is like 95-99%. But in small towns and on the coasts it's quite chill.

One thing I'll say for Mexicans is that they're not scared like many people in white countries, and also Colombia and Brazil. They seem to just be kinda going along to get along but not properly... many masks under the nose and so forth. No real fear.
Yeah that is exactly the impression I get here too. Mexican people rarely complain or grumble, and they are very good-natured. I don't think they suspect that this whole thing is so nefarious. Of course, that makes them unsuspecting and easy prey.

Spoke to an older Greek guy here in Florida today. He was extremely based. We had a long conversation about the state of affairs here and in Greece––he sees straight through the scam. So it's kind of interesting. I think many areas that are traditionally colonial, third world nations (Southeast Asia, Central America, etc.) have much more pliable people. They don't think much about what is going on. On the other hand, many European peoples are clearly aware of what is going on.

That would be the benefit of going to certain places. Mexico looks amazing right now, but I don't think the populace would put up much of a fight. Maybe somewhere in the balkans like Serbia or even Greece might put up a solid resistance. I'd want to be somewhere the government actually fears its people, not the other way around.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Well there are way around the PCR test if you know what i mean, until of course the QR systems comes in. There is also excemption for testing and qurantine on return to the UK, easy ones i have seen many use. Anyway lets see

Not really, if you are suggesting using a photoshopped / fake one. You need to have it stamped in a recognised centre. The stamp is the big deal. I guess it's conceivable that can be faked too, but what's the point honestly.

All that hassle just for a week away. Also IF you were caught doing this you would be liable for serious charges, 10s thousands pounds, maybe even a custodial.

Either way, indulging in international travel for a week away in September is crazy to me. Just do a domestic holidy and save yourself the money & the bother.

Right now they're wearing muzzles in some conservative states without any mandates, just seen 25% masked in stores in rural small town Kentucky. Once mandate is back in, it'll be

This is what I keep saying. In Florida and Georgia it's at 50% indoors/25% outdoors and its summer but there haven't been mandates in many months, not even most private stores require it and their signs say as much.

Conservatives only talk and will never give up their Amazon and Netflix. The better predictor is whether someone reads alt-news or is outside the system in some way.

We've stuck to small, isolated, non-tourist towns which never enacted mandates and that have the lowest vaccination rates. These have been the best bet.

Last edited:

fortyfive

Woodpecker
Just returned from a trip around Hungary and Romania. In Hungary, it was unbelievable. They are living there, like 2 years ago, before fake pandemy. No masks in the streets, shops, trains, anywhere. Restaurants were full of people, concerts, football matches, everything. The only reminder of the scary virus to me was a couple of German tourists walking like aliens to the Aldi supermarket with respirators.
Except this, you wouldn't know, that some fake virus exists.

On the land border no control, except border with Romania, where they checked the ID for 3 sec. But they didn't care about covid tests or vax pass.

Romania was a little different. No control on the land border, but you were welcomed with mobile containers where you can get a johnson vaccine. (but they were empty with bored nurses inside).
Inside a country, a lot of vaccine propaganda everywhere, in the center of Bucuresti, a big vaccine drive-thru (totally empty during the working day in the otherwise crowded city center).

In the cities and big malls, you are forced by security guards (with a mask under chin) to wear one.
Seaside and rural country, no masks.
I visited also the famous Bran Castle (Dracula castle) where these pathetic liars established another vaccine point with a silly banner presenting Dracula's teeth and vaccine needles (also empty).

I spoke with some Romanians, and they seemed based, don't believe official propaganda a single word, there were big protests last year against the covid totality in the cities, and they said, that their government is just corrupted globalists puppets.

Anyway, Romania was an interesting country, where I met on the empty beach many times full dressed Orthodox Nunes (from the near monastery), and just 200 meters away was another beach, full of naked nudists. (Seems a popular thing there).
Surprisingly a lot of women even on public beaches were topless there and Romanian women frequently don't seem to care a lot about wearing a bra even when clothed. (you need to watch your eyes there constantly).

But Romanian women were pretty, and I was told by one Romanian living a long time in the west, that generally, they are much more feminine and softer than Russian or Polish women.

Just be prepared for a less developed country (not a disadvantage sometimes), a lot of stray dogs (but harmless, and I like dogs anyway), and in some places lots of trash (littered beaches and rivers).

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Yeah i heard Hungary was going hardcore with VaxPass. A couple of months back they were saying hotels, campsites & b n bs woudl only be let to vaxx'd.

There was / is a Hungarian poster on here, cant recall his name, but he backed that up.

Just had a search through news articles, and this popped up. Unrelated to Hungary obviously, but still pretty crazy.

Parliament in the French overseas territory of New Caledonia has unanimously voted to make the Covid-19 vaccine mandatory for all adults, including tourists. The South Pacific archipelago becomes only the fourth territory in the world to impose such a requirement.

The unanimous decision was reached Friday in New Caledonia's Congress, with 31 December set as the inoculation deadline.

Despite relatively low numbers of infections, authorities fear the highly contagious Delta variant, which has wreaked havoc in French Polynesia, could dramatically change the situation.

No Covid-19 deaths have been recorded and only 136 cases have been confirmed in New Caledonia since the beginning of the pandemic.

The population is divided about this decision to vaccinate everyone aged 18 and older. "I find it totally unacceptable to force people to take a product they don't necessarily want," said one man, speaking with FRANCE 24. "When I hear vaccines, I hear 'guinea pigs'," said another woman.

The recent spike in infections in French Polynesia, 4,700 km away, has been a cause for concern.

Even though New Caledonia's borders have been virtually closed since March last year, authorities fear the more infectious Delta variant could make it through strict controls.

So far just 32 percent of New Caledonians have been vaccinated.