Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

kel

Banned
I am currently living with a Romanian bird who said I could stay at her place rent free...

Is Romania a good option and any intel on longer term visas?
Romania is EU, so it seems like it will eventually fall to typical EU nonsense one way or another. Still, might be better in the short term and a country that's kinda incompetent and features (low-level) corruption can actually have advantages in this case.

Not that I'm suggesting you marry this girl, but if you did get Romanian citizenship you could* then live and work in Moldova, as well. Moldova is an even bigger crapshow than Romania, but again, that has benefits and it's not EU and is under the aegis of Russian protection to some extent, which again is a mixed bag but in this moment I'd say is a net positive (our friend @arynus might disagree).

*check whether or not this is true, there might be some fine print saying "Romanian citizens who've lived in Romania for at least the past x years" or something like that to prevent exactly this happening.

WhiteWolf

Banned
Romania is EU, so it seems like it will eventually fall to typical EU nonsense one way or another. Still, might be better in the short term and a country that's kinda incompetent and features (low-level) corruption can actually have advantages in this case.

Not that I'm suggesting you marry this girl, but if you did get Romanian citizenship you could* then live and work in Moldova, as well. Moldova is an even bigger crapshow than Romania, but again, that has benefits and it's not EU and is under the aegis of Russian protection to some extent, which again is a mixed bag but in this moment I'd say is a net positive (our friend @arynus might disagree).

*check whether or not this is true, there might be some fine print saying "Romanian citizens who've lived in Romania for at least the past x years" or something like that to prevent exactly this happening.
Romania is not nearly as corrupt as people think. This is not the 90's anymore. Recently a doctor got caught selling vaccine certificates to unvaccinated people and he got caught and is in deep trouble now.
Also corrupt politicians have been trown in jail recently.
Romania is a very wannabe western country and tries to please the EU, so i'm afraid it will end up like the west one day.

I'm seeing more 3rd world immigrants too, every time i visit the supermarket or mall i see them. And i dont even live in a big city, it's more a 2rd or 3rd tier city. I have no idea why they are here, maybe they work in factories or maybe they are "refugees" on their way to the germanic countries.
Today i saw an arab, but most of the times i see paki's/bangladeshi's or africans. In the past i'd never ever see a 3rd world immigrant anywhere.
It seems white people are not allowed to have a homogenous country, even eastern europe, the last homeland of the white man has to fall under kalergi plan. Thats why i hope EE will stay relatively poor, its the only way to keep a mass invasion of parasites away.

And it's not cheap here either, only restaurants, rent, internet and taxi's are relatively cheap...all the other stuff is almost as expensive as western EU countries... some things like the gym, quality clothes or electronics are even more expensive than in the west, while the wages here are a joke.
There are other balkan countries that are a bit cheaper, but learning to fluently speak slavic or albanian would take a LOT of effort.

Moldova might not be under EU dictatorship, but it's a complete s-hole, dont know why anybody would want to live and work there, i assume you mean "work" as in digital nomad because the local wages are on the level of sub-saharan africa. But even then i would not want to live there, it's a boring, depressing place without mountains, forrests or beaches.

The only reason i came to Romania is because one of my parents is Romanian so i have citizenship and i have invested some money in real estate a few years ago when the prices were still decent. Now i can live of the rent and have an early retirement lifestyle in a homogenous country with very little violent crime and much less insanity compared to the west.
Forget about investing in Romanian real estate now, the prices have almost doubled in recent years and are now on the level of some places in east-germany.

Another reason i came here is because i was born and raised in a western EU city with a population of 500,000 which has seen such a huge wave of immigrants that the native white people are now less than 50%. My ex-hometown looks like a mix of africa and the middle east now with a lot of crime. It used to be a beautifull city but is forever ruined now.

In other words, if you are from outside the EU (US or Canada) it makes no sense to move to Romania imo. It is relatively expensive, low wages, brutal winters, not easy to get permanent visa, there is a reason all the young people are leaving the country and moving to Germany, England, US, Canada, etc.

Last edited:

donovan

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Hi all,
New to the forum. Thank God (and Roosh) for this community and I pray it grows.
This thread is particularly pertinent for our situation - family of 5, young kids/toddlers - living in Australia. Wife's American, I'm Australian.

We left California 2.5 years ago to move here for a "better life" (life in CA for 5 years was frankly a nightmare and I couldn't wait to get home).

Now Australia has turned into Alcatraz Prison, and tyranny here is getting worse by the minute. Pretty soon, we'll be completely unpersoned and outlawed as unvaxxed people.

So, here's where I'd love some advice from everybody here. Our options:
  • Stay here, buy a rural property and ride out the nightmare for as long as we can
  • Move back to California
  • Move back to America but find another state to live in (which one?)
  • Move to Europe (I work online and earn great money so we've got the option of digital nomad visas in many countries right now that aren't requiring vaccination yet)
Because my wife is American and I have overseas business, we should have no problem applying for a travel exemption to leave Australia (currently it's the only way to get permission to fly out of here).

My concern is that we leave Australia to escape tyranny, but wherever we go ends up just as bad or worse and we regret it.

The EU could end up implementing even more draconian measures and we'll be stuck. America seems the best option but things are rapidly changing there too so who knows.

If you were in my position, what would you do?

Ride it out in Australia and pray things get better, or escape to where?

I have 3 young kids under 4 years old, so it's causing me a lot of anxiety as I need to protect them.

fortyfive

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Hi all,
This thread is particularly pertinent for our situation - family of 5, young kids/toddlers - living in Australia. Wife's American, I'm Australian.

We left California 2.5 years ago to move here for a "better life" (life in CA for 5 years was frankly a nightmare and I couldn't wait to get home).

Now Australia has turned into Alcatraz Prison, and tyranny here is getting worse by the minute. Pretty soon, we'll be completely unpersoned and outlawed as unvaxxed people.

• Stay here, buy a rural property and ride out the nightmare for as long as we can
  • Move to Europe (I work online and earn great money so we've got the option of digital nomad visas in many countries right now that aren't requiring vaccination yet)
Because my wife is American and I have overseas business, we should have no problem applying for a travel exemption to leave Australia (currently it's the only way to get permission to fly out of here).

My concern is that we leave Australia to escape tyranny, but wherever we go ends up just as bad or worse and we regret it.

The EU could end up implementing even more draconian measures and we'll be stuck. America seems the best option but things are rapidly changing there too so who knows.

I have 3 young kids under 4 years old, so it's causing me a lot of anxiety as I need to protect them.

In the current volatile times, it is very hard, to predict the future. Read the Bible and history.
Bible will tell you the past, and what to expect in the future (the big picture), and from historical books, you will learn how human society works and react to changing environment. (always the same, nothing new under the sun).
Bottom line: If you will put your faith in the worldly system, science, looking for a stable political system, or a safe country, then you will be disappointed eventually. Humans do not rule on this planet. We only react to things above our control.
If you don't want to be defeated by external forces above your control, then you need to have God on your side.
He is above everything and capable of anything.
At Joshua's prayer, God even stopped the sun.

Jaeric

Sparrow
In other words, if you are from outside the EU (US or Canada) it makes no sense to move to Romania imo. It is relatively expensive, low wages, brutal winters, not easy to get permanent visa, there is a reason all the young people are leaving the country and moving to Germany, England, US, Canada, etc.
Do you have any recommendations for cities in Romania? I was thinking Bucharest or Constanta.

I'm also wondering how hard it would be with just speaking English.

WhiteWolf

Banned
Do you have any recommendations for cities in Romania? I was thinking Bucharest or Constanta.

I'm also wondering how hard it would be with just speaking English.
Depends on your taste, i personally dont like Bucharest and Constanta.
I moved to the city where my family is from, which is in transylvania. For me transylvania is the best area.
The nicest cities in RO are: Oradea, Sibiu, Brasov, Cluj, Timisoara.
Most people under 40 speak at least basic English, but speaking Romanian will make everything 100 times easier.

Jaeric

Sparrow
I moved to the city where my family is from, which is in transylvania. For me transylvania is the best area.
Most people under 40 speak at least basic English, but speaking Romanian will make everything 100 times easier.
Thank you.

I'll have to see if I can get some online Romanian lessons before I go.

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
Other Christian

kel

Banned
Hi all,

For all its flaws, I still think the US is probably the best place to ride this out (obviously I'm limited in scope - maybe Tonga or Kaliningrad is better - but you know what I'm saying). That said, the best place to be is where you have (or can establish) connections. Family, friends, community - that's strength.

California wasn't your bag, fair enough, but between you and your wife you probably have some connection somewhere which could be useful. And you share culture already. It's a blunt simplification, but as someone who's also lived in both countries I'm relatively comfortable saying Australia is to a large extent the US with an accent. The Australian temperament is closer to the US than other members of the anglosphere like Canada or the UK's is, in my view, even (or so I thought, until your recent return to penal colony).

You could do the same in Australia, but things just look so awful there right now, I think it's very likely that you will be locked in soon (summer is coming there, that might give you some respite if you're lucky). My view is biased, of course, and I guess some states are better than others, but still Australia seems like a much more federal-law-oriented place, and so whatever gheyness starts somewhere will quickly be replicated everywhere. Again, for all its faults, the US still has some semblance of legal deference to the local rather than federal. This will not last and all these things are only as true as whatever some judge says they are in the end, but for the moment it's true enough to have an advantage.

Kids further complicate the equation, I can't imagine how stressful this situation must be for family men. I'm jealous and trying to start a family and this situation is complicating that for me, but also leaves me with the advantage that I can ultimately just live in a van or whatever and deal with the discomfort, a family man needs to anchor. At least you have the benefit of remote work, take advantage of that.

My 2 cents.

Tippy

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Yeah...I STILL think that having connections where you can hide is good, especially if you are having problems financially.

Abroad it is tough to make those kinds of close connections quickly. As in people you could actually ask to keep you in their house cos you can't pay rent etc...

People who are not prone to being paranoid of the absolute worst case scenario (perhaps people with high paying jobs/lots of money) many find it easier to go galavanting around Europe.

brotherjimbob

Banned
Yeah...I STILL think that having connections where you can hide is good, especially if you are having problems financially.

Abroad it is tough to make those kinds of close connections quickly. As in people you could actually ask to keep you in their house cos you can't pay rent etc...

People who are not prone to being paranoid of the absolute worst case scenario (perhaps people with high paying jobs/lots of money) many find it easier to go galavanting around Europe.

In my experience, if you're heading to parts of the world to specifically escape this nightmare, you can meet foreigners doing the same, and as they're also one of the few who see what's going on, you do make close connections very quickly.

donovan

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Why did you think life in California was a nightmare?
Where do I even start?
3rd world infrastructure, most expensive and low quality health care I've ever had, high crime, filthy cities full of drug-addicted homeless people, overpopulated, liberal degeneracy and perversion everywhere.
The small towns in the West of the state weren't too bad though.

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
I've been to both Cluj and Sibiu, really liked both.

Where do I even start?
3rd world infrastructure, most expensive and low quality health care I've ever had, high crime, filthy cities full of drug-addicted homeless people, overpopulated, liberal degeneracy and perversion everywhere.
The small towns in the West of the state weren't too bad though.

You could consider a medium-sized city in Thailand. Excellent hospitals, no drug addicted homeless people in the streets, very traditional and conservative Buddhist society with excellent manners, better infrastructure than most places in Europe, extremely low crime. Chiang Mai would fit the bill. Obviously stay away from Phuket and Pattaya if you don't like perversion.

I made the mistake of crossing the Atlantic for Central Europe. Then realised on good money Thailand would have offered a far better place for the money. As soon as Covid is over I'm going back there. It was handled rather light touch until a year ago, but now the regulations are also starting to be too much and they do have a mask fetish unfortunately.

donovan

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
You could consider a medium-sized city in Thailand. Excellent hospitals, no drug addicted homeless people in the streets, very traditional and conservative Buddhist society with excellent manners, better infrastructure than most places in Europe, extremely low crime. Chiang Mai would fit the bill. Obviously stay away from Phuket and Pattaya if you don't like perversion.

I made the mistake of crossing the Atlantic for Central Europe. Then realised on good money Thailand would have offered a far better place for the money. As soon as Covid is over I'm going back there. It was handled rather light touch until a year ago, but now the regulations are also starting to be too much and they do have a mask fetish unfortunately.
We've discussed moving to Thailand but to be honest, I'm concerned there might be a hot war in that region soon.

We've discussed moving to Thailand but to be honest, I'm concerned there might be a hot war in that region soon.
It's a wonderful place to live for a family with money. Great international schools and kindergardens as well.

But you're right, there is an undercurrent of civil unrest at this point in time. Like I said, the Covid handling is not great now and most of the best places are closed anyway due to the tourist dependency. It would be an option after Covid really.