Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker
If I were single and childless, I would have endless options for going off grid and riding out the storm like what you've mentioned.
For those of us with young kids, it's extremely difficult and very worrying. I have no doubt that within months, the narrative will shift to "we need to vaccinate young children" - that's coming.

Maybe, although I'm single, and if I was married I'd for sure head into the woods...

But I'm not, and I don't want to emerge in a decade as a highly ineligible weirdo.

That's why I plan to keep one foot in town until the last safe moment.

Just interesting, where would you choose?

Tippy

Woodpecker
How's things in the UK?

I purposefuly avoid the subject with my family at this point, it just hurts my head how compliant and malleable they've become to all the agendas.

As i understand the VaxPass system is being trialed for Nightclubs, whilst they kept the "and any places where large crowds gather" proviso in to be applied as and when.

I read that Premier League football clubs were deciding whether to make their stadiums VaxPassed, and some were some weren't. Surely only a matter of time there.

Get the impression there's a LOT going on behind the scenes, and planned for Autumn. The NLP talk of "Firebreak lockdown" (another way to say two weeks to flatten the curve) having come into the public lexicon, all part of the psychological grooming.

Everyone is just waiting for the new lockdown. It's inevitable now.

But there are less people wearing masks in shops and on the streets than before. Honestly, on the ground it is 'normal' now except with the creeping fear that this will be taken away shortly.

Propaganda has massively diminished recently. The news has only been the taliban etc... since that kicked off.

I have a feeling they are waiting for the right moment to amp things up with vax mandates/return of lockdown etc...

Every country has a different style of abuse and the UK is more sinister and concerned with keeping up appearances of not being tyrants.

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker
Everyone is just waiting for the new lockdown. It's inevitable now.

But there are less people wearing masks in shops and on the streets than before. Honestly, on the ground it is 'normal' now except with the creeping fear that this will be taken away shortly.

Propaganda has massively diminished recently. The news has only been the taliban etc... since that kicked off.

I have a feeling they are waiting for the right moment to amp things up with vax mandates/return of lockdown etc...

Every country has a different style of abuse and the UK is more sinister and concerned with keeping up appearances of not being tyrants.

Surely normie don't think they're 'inevitable?

It would make no sense, right? They're expecting happy days to return?

Tippy

Woodpecker

Nah normies know lockdown is coming. But they fall back on 'well, I guess this virus is hard to stop.' They still don't go into questioning the narrative though you can tell through their tone of voice that they are lost. Probably overwhelmed with cognitive dissonance.

02Hero

Robin
Had my second corona incident today at work. Management complaint cause i dont wear my mask "properly". Work in building maintenance on residential apartment buildings. Mask mandate in doors. Most tenants dont wear it. I just wear it under my chin most of the time. Buildings are full of single mums and lonely cat ladys who like to talk bunch of crap and are flirtatious from time to time. I always try to talk to them to keep them happy so they dont talk smack behind my back to the management. Didnt work out this time. I guess some lady complained. I have "to wear it at all times" and not just pull it up when somebody comes along (most of the time I work with no people around). Not that I m spreading a deadly virus. Very little cases here in Northern Ontario. Its just me not following the "rules"...I guess its all about the rules man!
I feel you hah. I work in a company with a bunch of women. Not just the catladies do it. These girls are in mid 20s. Women love to enforce rules and put you in bad light if you do not comply. It is quite ridiculous. Especially if you ignore them (in their mind) they will do things like this to get at least a little bit attention from you. It means they probably like you or you intrigue them. Otherwise you would be invisible to them.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox

New Normies, innit.

FWIW i think it's just pure selfishness from middle classes as much as anything else.

I know people who seem pretty indifferent to whether there's lockdowns, as they live in a nice house in the country, have a big garden to work in, and plenty of outdoor things to keep focused on.

My dad moved out to this kind of place last year, he spends his life grafting in the garden (which he loves), goes birdwatching, walks his dog, orders stuff off Amazon.

Lockdown or not his life's barely impacted.

Compare that to a young family in some crappy flat somewhere, 2-3 kids bouncing off the walls, no real privacy or space.

Fact is for the Middle Classes and people in affluent areas, if anything their lives probably improved. People such as my brother had a 2 and half hour commute 5 days a week pre covid. Now he's at work twice a week max. Lives in a nice enough house in a village, has a decent income.

People ultimately couldnt give a tinker's toss for wider society, as long as they're alright and have enough material comforts and distractions in their daily environment.

Last edited:

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker
Yep, that's my bro and wife too... they've got no clue what they're enabling.

Once they're starving and hungry war-hardened refugees are roaming the streets hunting for easy prey they might see things differently.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox

Once they're starving and hungry war-hardened refugees are roaming the streets hunting for easy prey they might see things differently.

I have to confess to sometimes looking forward to the day my smug, condescending, sneering arch NPC of a brother meets reality.

The fool was saying he thought it was 'right thing to do' to vaccinate his kids because 'muh social responsibility'.

In his retarded NPC logic, they wont be transmitting it to the elderly if so.

These people have been gaslit into creating a society so malignant, and so based on Health & Safety, and the utterly Matriachal NHS mammon worship that is the modern HealthCare State.

It is utterly, utterly pathetic, especiall y for a male to think like this. These people have no vitality to them whatsoever. They want only comfort, and at all costs.

He also is completely NPC on stuff like Rotherham et al (muh jimmy savile his favoured response when addressing Pakistani Rape gangs), and urban (coucgh) crime.

Again, he lives in a large, overwhelmingly white village, where there are little to none of these effects, so he doesn't care.

One day reality will hit him, and even then he is so arrogant he would not accept or openly admit 'yeah, i was wrong'.

Tippy

Woodpecker

Yep, my brother prefers working from home. Has a wife who works from home. They are OK with the work/netflix routine.

My mum never went out anyway. Just liked gardening/walking the dogs. Also enjoyed working from home.

These people would probably actually enjoy the great reset. Especially my mum who is in thousands of pounds of debt.

Everyone is slaving away at home on computers to pay their overpriced mortgages anyway. Slavery is already here. Muzzles and jabs is just a new development to just fully take away any kind of individuality or agency in people.

fortyfive

Woodpecker
I tried to be a nice guy with normies, having tolerance, understanding, and so on, but it's over. Today I was forced to cut ties with another close person and zealous cult member. These people are psychologically toxic, and I'm refusing to waste my time with outright lies, manipulation, and fearmongering.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I tried to be a nice guy with normies, having tolerance, understanding, and so on, but it's over. Today I was forced to cut ties with another close person and zealous cult member. These people are psychologically toxic, and I'm refusing to waste my time with outright lies, manipulation, and fearmongering.

I view my family as just like NPC's at this point. All their opinions are just parroted from the Television Man.

To be fair to them, none of them have ever attacked me for my beliefs on it, not directly at least. I dont doubt my brother and co will sneer about me, but they sneer about everyone so i dont care.

They're just fools, ultimately.

My Dad i'm most disappointed by. He's an intelligent guy, was a very successful statistician, but is just utterly self absorbed, and as i alluded to earlier, if his life isn't directly troubled by it, he wont really care.

donovan

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Just interesting, where would you choose?
Looking at the Greek islands at the moment.
The Orthodox Church is very strong there and quite resistant to tyranny as they've experienced so much of it.
Also, the islands are a good place to lay low and avoid authorities, excellent land for farming, on the water for food and transport. Plus land is incredibly cheap.
We might move there in the coming months.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
The Orthodox Church is very strong there and quite resistant to tyranny as they've experienced so much of it.
Also, the islands are a good place to lay low and avoid authorities, excellent land for farming, on the water for food and transport. Plus land is incredibly cheap.

Sounds good til you remember theyre a literal transit route for uncountable african and muslim migrants.

On that basis id suggest caution

fortyfive

Woodpecker
I love Greece, especially my favorite island Lefkada, but incredibly cheap? I'm not so sure https://en.spitogatos.gr/for_sale-land/prefecture-lefkada/page_2

MrFreezy

Robin
They essentially have turned you from a human being into a virus vector that poses a potential threat to its environment. I think you know what you will have to do... if not ask the Lord for guidance.

Actually I dont mind watching people go nuts, bro! I might sound crazy but I kinda enjoy it and yeah I dont mind losing my job over it either. At no point during the last 2 years I thought this stuff is real or at least dangerous. We moved across the province last year at the beginning of the pandemic. We booked a flight cause its much more comfortable with 2 little kids than driving.
No joke our flight had to be rebooked 3 times and was finally canceled, so we flew to another town and took a 5 hour bus ride to our home. My oldest girl puked her guts out on the bus...all of this BS because of the "pandemic"... At the same times daily international flights were available to Germany, Amsterdam, London, etc. So I cant fly in my god forsaken province, but I can go to Amsterdam for hookers and weed. You gotta be kidding me. God has a very special sense of humor and the pandemic is the result of it. A tragedy and comedy at the same time. But I tell you I didnt even bother read up on it...I dont care what the virus is, if the vaccine works, bla bla bla. Its too much.
The only stuff I was interested in was personal stories and I can tell them from 3 countries:

Germany(my home country): My moms friend, single childless lady in her 70s, gets diarrhea, panics, goes to emergency room, gets tested positive, gets send home, 2 weeks quarantine - isnt covid supposed to attack your lungs and not your butt?

Poland(my wifes home country): 2 neighbors died, cause of death officially covid, both females in late 60s, both lifelong alcoholics and smokers, one with diabetes, one with a degenerative lung disease

Canada(Northern Ontario - living there now): again older lady has been tested positive, one of the buildings where I work at, employer calls me up asks me if I wanna get tested, I politely decline - life s too short and now the mask complaint

I m happy where we are now especially during the pandemic. Got a nice house with a double lot for the kids to run around. My own driveway to work on my car, bunch of lakes for fishing... But this covid stuff, dont even read up on it cause that means you take this joke serious. I just wear my mask, smile and talk to people like I m nurse Ratched from One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest. Everybody is a patient and I m in charge of the asylum.

Laus Deo

Robin
Orthodox
As appealing as it is, having an increasingly expansionist Turkey as your next door neighbour is the obvious medium term downside.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Is Greece really a possible option? Met a Greek man the other week who said the Covid restrictions were insane (no using public transit if not vaccinated, green passes incoming). He said it was awful. Have you seen that things are not bad on the ground? Because I would love to visit Mt Athos if possible. Also, many other EU countries (Germany, Spain, France) appear to be actually blocking the unvaccinated from entering completely, without even allowing PCR tests.