Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

Tippy

Woodpecker
Are you talking about Ukraine here?

The entry is easy really. Yes you need pcr test to enter, same pretty much everywhere (seriously, is there any country without this now?).

You have an app called V Doma (in house), which gives you 4 days to get a test. There's a place at the airport where you get PCR test results within 15 mins. So you just get that (about 20 GBP), and then neg results knock the app off (you input your code with it), and you can delete it.

Doctors adminstering the jabs are all working for the govt here, so it's not like you can go to some back street doctor who might be approachable. If that were the case, it'd be widespread.

Ultimately it's highly unlikely a foreigner can turn up and get the sort of contacts to enable this stuff. Maybe if they offer enough money, and do it through some fixer, i dont know. But i wouldn't be banking on that.

Ukraine's a cool place. Its Christian, the countryside's beautiful, the foods great, if you're single the girls are attractive. People leave you alone, and there's barely anything like the Nanny State control back home - in reality its the polar opposite. As i say, i cant understand why people here speculate on all kinds of places, and never mention it.

Visa can be a mission, but can definitely be done if you are happy to pay.

It sounds like a pretty decent bet.

I heard there was some way to get a visa by starting an NGO or something for 2 thousand dollars.

Not sure though.

Let's be honest here, most of these gambles are basically just buying us a few more months of freedom. Maybe a year or so. Either they win and steamroll everything or they lose and it crumbles.

All they have to do is make it a requirement for banking (which they already have in Nigeria) and that will trip most people up.

Eventually you'll run out of cash, you'll have to withdraw from your remote work and then unfortunately even the most idyllic agricultural spot in the middle of nowhere won't be able to save you. Maybe you are sitting on a bed full of gold but not sure how that works in regards to grocery shopping etc...

Indeed they will also (and are already) making remote work vax required. It's just a matter of time.

Easy_C

Peacock
Let's be honest here, most of these gambles are basically just buying us a few more months of freedom. Maybe a year or so. Either they win and steamroll everything or they lose and it crumbles.
That might be all you need. And even a year can make a world of difference.

Anyways..

Does anyone have any further information regarding India? Given that they’re now actively using and handing out Ivermectin, are trying to prosecute some WHO officials, and don’t seem to have any lockdowns it’s an interesting prospect. Plus there’s a lot of English speaking work there. A big bonus is that resistance was high among the population. In some areas the vaccine distributors were attacked and run out of town.

Tippy

Woodpecker

Anyways..

Does anyone have any further information regarding India? Given that they’re now actively using and handing out Ivermectin, are trying to prosecute some WHO officials, and don’t seem to have any lockdowns it’s an interesting prospect. Plus there’s a lot of English speaking work there.

There really isn't much time now.

Everyone needs to either move by October (at the absolute latest) or just make the best of it where they are.

If you are staying in the West, I hope you know someone with a basement who won't mind hiding and feeding you there.

Wouldn't be surprised if they start fining people for keeping unvaccinated.

But this hideout in a basement option (while not great life quality wise) could arguably be just as valid as travelling when you consider how dangerous it might be to cross any border ever again unvaxxed within the next 6 months.

El Draque

Woodpecker
Orthodox
It sounds like a pretty decent bet.

I heard there was some way to get a visa by starting an NGO or something for 2 thousand dollars.

Not sure though.

All they have to do is make it a requirement for banking (which they already have in Nigeria) and that will trip most people up.

Eventually you'll run out of cash, you'll have to withdraw from your remote work and then unfortunately even the most idyllic agricultural spot in the middle of nowhere won't be able to save you. Maybe you are sitting on a bed full of gold but not sure how that works in regards to grocery shopping etc...

Indeed they will also (and are already) making remote work vax required. It's just a matter of time.

I wouldnt calamitise it all tbh. Who knows where we'll be in 3 years time with it all. Impossible to say really, but i doubt it will get totally desperate like that. If it does, then well, it does. I'd say this would be one of the last places in the white world where that would happen though.

Re Visas, the standard way is to set up a company for you - well, hire a lawyer to do that for you. The whole process in total (with visa fees at embassy which are 2000usd) will prob cost something like 4-5000USD.

There's a lawyer here who does this day in day out for the expats. I went to speak to him last year, he pretty much takes care of it all, but you have to provide paperwork and then leaeve the country and re-enter to get the D14 (the preliminary visa that you can then apply for a residency one).

Thankfully i never needed all that, but it's certainly available if you pay the money.

Tippy

Woodpecker
I wouldnt calamitise it all tbh. Who knows where we'll be in 3 years time with it all. Impossible to say really, but i doubt it will get totally desperate like that. If it does, then well, it does. I'd say this would be one of the last places in the white world where that would happen though.

Re Visas, the standard way is to set up a company for you - well, hire a lawyer to do that for you. The whole process in total (with visa fees at embassy which are 2000usd) will prob cost something like 4-5000USD.

There's a lawyer here who does this day in day out for the expats. I went to speak to him last year, he pretty much takes care of it all, but you have to provide paperwork and then leaeve the country and re-enter to get the D14 (the preliminary visa that you can then apply for a residency one).

Thankfully i never needed all that, but it's certainly available if you pay the money.
Wow that's expensive. Do you know what docs were required?

El Draque

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Wow that's expensive. Do you know what docs were required?

Fact is if you want to be resident in a foreign countyr, you will have to pony up the dough these days.

2000usd embassy fee at for the Visa is a stinger, but there you go, that's the price.

I wouldnt go anywhere on a whim at this poitn, people need to have a plan, and to be working, and it is work, towards achieving it. Really not far off midway through September, its last knockings as it is.

Tippy

Woodpecker
Fact is if you want to be resident in a foreign countyr, you will have to pony up the dough these days.

2000usd embassy fee at for the Visa is a stinger, but there you go, that's the price.

I wouldnt go anywhere on a whim at this poitn, people need to have a plan, and to be working, and it is work, towards achieving it. Really not far off midway through September, its last knockings as it is.
I think Albania is like 3 -400 usd but I see your point. It will cost money

fortyfive

Woodpecker
The future looks very grim right now, but I feel somewhat that this global implementation of tyranny maybe would be disrupted by something. Some event, or unusual geopolitical development, possibly a war...
The boat doesn't stop sinking, of course, but their plan perhaps will fail.

El Draque

Woodpecker
Orthodox

I checked my emails with the lawyer, his fee for it all is 1700usd. You then have to pay 2000usd at embassy, which must be outside Ukraine (essentially meaning you have to do a border run to activate it). Costs for that flights hotels etc prob another 5-700usd (pcr tests will cost best part of 180usd alone!).

So yeah about 4200usd in total.

So none of this is worth doing, unless youre set on it. But then thats the world we're in. We dont have time. That's a luxury that is not available.

I wouldnt recommend anyone do this, unless they are absolutely determined. Get out here and hit the ground running. Time for doing this stuff was in the summer.

Winter's going to be lockdowns all over again, offices shut, embassies shut.

On the other hand, you could just come here and overstay a 90 day visa. Pay a 120 quid fine when you come to leave. But obviously you cant buy property or put roots down doing that. But come out here, overstay, worse things to do frankly. If you're remote working, its not like you ever get checked.

But yeah that's not sustainable, but meh, end of the day, you've got to lay your head somewhere

Jaeric

Pigeon
100k for a visa? Seriously? You can buy citizenship in some countries for that much and residency in many countries for significantly less.
That's what I meant for a permanent residence visa. If you live in the U.S. or Canada, you don't need a travel visa for most places

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer

Anyways..

Does anyone have any further information regarding India? Given that they’re now actively using and handing out Ivermectin, are trying to prosecute some WHO officials, and don’t seem to have any lockdowns it’s an interesting prospect. Plus there’s a lot of English speaking work there. A big bonus is that resistance was high among the population. In some areas the vaccine distributors were attacked and run out of town.
They are trying to prosecute WHO officials? Do you have a link about this? I thought it was hard to get into India as an American now. I'll keep it in mind, if we can actually get in there. I have no info about India on the ground though as far as what the restrictions are like.

I also think Brazil is a decent option, at least as long as Bolsonaro is in charge, so maybe it is worth watching the elections there.

Easy_C

Peacock

Suit, not a prosecution. But this is an official governing institution in the country doing this which means it's a much higher level of resistance than we've seen from any Western government at the national level.

Edit: They're seeking criminal charges:

""The Indian Bar Association has warned action under section 302 etc. of the Indian Penal Code against Dr. Soumya Swaminathan and others, for murder of each person dying due to obstruction in treatment of COVID-19 patient effectively by Ivermectin. Punishment under section 302 of the Indian Penal Code is death penalty or life imprisonment." "

JohnKreese

Pelican
That's what I meant for a permanent residence visa. If you live in the U.S. or Canada, you don't need a travel visa for most places
Tell the whole story, then.

Yeah, a lot of countries might have permanent residence programs that cost $100k and up, but most of the "costs" associated with the programs are linked to investments or business startup costs. These aren't sunk funds in most cases (like many of the citizenship by investment programs) and, instead, the $100k goes towards real estate (that you fully own), bonds, securities, etc. This isn't simply writing a check to a foreign government for a visa.

This list is pretty decent (although some of the information is a bit off) at highlighting the different investor visa/residence/citizenship programs around the world.

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker
Much of this really depends on what style of life you're willing to live and what sacrifices you're willing to make.

Right now if you were to be in a village outside large cities in a place like Bulgaria or Romania, it is as if COVID does not exist. That is not an exaggeration. You might find the odd 65+ person wearing a mask in a super market but other than that daily life is no different than years ago. And in such villages most don't even have a police station. There's almost no cops nor would they care enough to enforce anything. And even if they did like with a traffic ticket, $50 gets them on their way.

If you were to buy a house in one of these villages you could you will have to put money into it unless it is new. The costs are cheap relative to the west but if you want western standards you will need to invest. As an example, my house in a Bulgarian village does not have an indoor toilet, like many there although it has plumbing in the kitchen and indoor shower. I am planning on renovating the entire property down the road. It is 4 bedrooms, two stories, nice kitchen, a hosting room for gatherings, wood burning fireplaces in every room, with a 1/2 acre garden. The roads aren't nicely paved like in the US. There are many abandoned houses as generations left for the big cities. You would have to drive 30+ mins to get to a large retail store or city. But a house like this can be bought for 5-10K. It can be renovated with bathrooms for 10-20K.

But on the other hand no one is enforcing a damn thing. No one cares. We have plenty of space to grow our own food if we wanted as that is how my wife's grandparents lived for decades. Everything from fruits/veggies to chickens/rabbits. We have the equipment to make our own wine/rakia which many do. If you need bread or milk you just walk to the village market. If you want meat, you go down the street to the person who raises cows and simply buy fresh. My wife and kids were just at our house in the village. Kids would play outside in the back in the morning, they'd go see friends in the afternoon and have coffee/food, they'd go to the park or playground and play with others, then have get togethers for dinner. BBQ, music, dance, just have a good time. There's schools, a market, a church, a pharmacy, a cafe, a mayor, a local bar, etc. But you can easily live completely self sufficient in many of these villages.

People there have never even heard of a PCR test.

Sounds ideal... have you ever had any integration issues?

El Draque

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Been thinking more on this - How much would you be prepared to pay for a 'vaccinate the sink' doctor?

Two swing and miss jabs, fully 'vaxxd'?

What's your max price for that?

Tippy

Woodpecker
1 k maybe. Maybe 2 k. But all it buys you is 6 months of *ahem* freedom until the latest booster. So is it really worth it?

6 months of what...pubs/bars/restaurants.

Maybe if I really wanted to enter some other country it'd be worth that sort of fee.