Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

donovan

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Bad news (but totally expected).

The usurper, Joe Biden, just made it mandatory to be vaccinated for any non-US person entering America starting in November:

There goes my hope as an Australia of moving to Florida to escape tyranny. Will never be allowed back in the USA.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer

The usurper, Joe Biden, just made it mandatory to be vaccinated for any non-US person entering America starting in November:

There goes my hope as an Australia of moving to Florida to escape tyranny. Will never be allowed back in the USA.
This will start happening around the world like clockwork. Countries will respond reciprocally. Many were waiting for U.S. lead on this subject. Getting out and getting residency elsewhere is still likely a good idea, but you won't have much mobility otherwise. Some countries will hold on as long as possible to get maximum tourism gains, but eventually the pressure will hit them for remaining open and they'll shut down too.

donovan

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
This will start happening around the world like clockwork. Countries will respond reciprocally. Many were waiting for U.S. lead on this subject. Getting out and getting residency elsewhere is still likely a good idea, but you won't have much mobility otherwise. Some countries will hold on as long as possible to get maximum tourism gains, but eventually the pressure will hit them for remaining open and they'll shut down too.
I hope the entire global order collapses in the coming years.
We need a regime change.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
The coming winter lockdowns will be when govts get the legislation done and fall into line.

People dont demonstrate or riot in driving rain or -5c.

I think this is paramount in UK govts mind. Get it done in the cover of winter, never mind the flu cases that can be LARPed up as mutations

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member

Donovan Tropicanté

kozzi-25935606-Mexican_man_in_funny_concept-1179x1780.jpg

Lol, you're escaping nothing in Scotland, not in anything beyond the immediate near future.

It's (tragically) only a matter of time before they will be "independent" (eg becoming a vassal state to the EU), and go full Kalergist, with a small & dwindling population as it is.

The SNP Stasi that will have the keys to the place, are some of the worst, corrupt, neo marxist scumbags you can find anywhere in Europe. They'd probably give the Catalan political class a run for their EU backhanded money.

If anyone's got a million to drop on a property, then they've more than enough to hire whomever they need to facilitate a very easy move, and to set themselves up in a wonderful property in the likes of Paraguay or any number of EE countries.

Beyond that Scotland is wonderful but it's so cold, dark (or drek) and bleak for so long, the winds are absolutely biting up round there, then you get summer, and especially in the norht, you're festooned with midges (mosquitos).

As climates go, it's pretty grim.
Tell me about it, I'm up here in Jockland. I moved up here some years ago lured by the cheaper property prices and a slower pace of life. I can't believe how defeated and non existant the scottish fighting spirit of yore is, if it ever existed that is.
Anyway, the thing with the UK is that even if you went to the outer Hebrides the local council and the NHS outposts are never far away enough. The nature of this land and the overdeveloped gov infrastructure make it almost a perfect prison island. Also the mixed pop now makes it almost akin to living in a foreign country anyways.
I also looking at ways to flee but EE might be a bit of a stretch for me as |I have zero connections with the region. Being half Italian myself I do have an EU passport for what it's worth but I'm looking into some rural/semirural locations in the continent, it's far from perfect but it's a continent.

Easy_C

Peacock
Some other places will at the very least be better culturally. For example, the Poles organized and used construction equipment to shut down the roads in and out of major city centers last year. There's a lot of reasons places like Poland aren't ideal but that kind of activity means you've got better odds there than in the UK.

If you think you're better off in Florida then why no try to go there asap? It will not get easier.
You can still walk / drive over into USA without test even (a friend of mine did that this summer) and fly test free into Mex. Or maybe by boat.

kel

Ostrich
If you think you're better off in Florida then why no try to go there asap? It will not get easier.
You can still walk / drive over into USA without test even (a friend of mine did that this summer) and fly test free into Mex. Or maybe by boat.
I'm trying to get Canadians into the US - do you know if this will work for them? I think Canada is strangely under a one-way tourist system (we can go there, they can't come here), but I might be wrong/that might be out of date. It's tough to get a straight answer. In any event, I've thought about flying them to Mexico and then having them cross, but being stuck in Mexico if that doesn't work creates new problems.

Jaeric

Sparrow
I'm trying to get Canadians into the US - do you know if this will work for them? I think Canada is strangely under a one-way tourist system (we can go there, they can't come here), but I might be wrong/that might be out of date. It's tough to get a straight answer. In any event, I've thought about flying them to Mexico and then having them cross, but being stuck in Mexico if that doesn't work creates new problems.

I like this map. You can click on the country you are interested into to open up another tab with specific details.

Here is the page for Canadians coming into the U.S.

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
On the beautiful, sunny first day of Southern Hemisphere's Spring, Argentine government has removed the obligation to wear masks in the public space.

Another good news is, no limits/restrictions are imposed on 'public events' (like sports, theaters, mass) anymore, no mandatory pass, everyone's welcome.

Behind these good news, is the impact of the resounding, unexpected defeat that the angry, tired Argentines inflicted to their government at the 'Paso' elections a few days ago.

So the government had to urgently account for people's wrath, and give back most freedoms to the people.

Also, Argentina has decided to open its borders to all vaccinated tourists from anywhere, starting the first of November.
So, well, it's an interesting, geographically diverse, mostly Christian, safe and very inexpensive destination that's now worth considering.

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
all "vaccinated" tourists. Key point.
Actually, non-vaccinated tourists will be allowed to enter, starting on the 1st of November too - but, with a light quarantine : providing they go first to the capital city, Buenos Aires, they'll be required to quarantine for 7 days, at a location of their choice (apartment, hotel...). I underwent this quarantine myself, no big deal.

Actually, non-vaccinated tourists will be allowed to enter, starting on the 1st of November too - but, with a light quarantine : providing they go first to the capital city, Buenos Aires, they'll be required to quarantine for 7 days, at a location of their choice (apartment, hotel...). I underwent this quarantine myself, no big deal.
Sounds pretty good. Hope they establish a strong libertarian movement in Argieland. After all its Doug Caseys fav place.

Protests in the old sense (boots on the ground, waving placards, angry speeches etc) are absolutely meaningless in this age.

In the UK the anti-lockdowners essentially were having street parties, taking pills, smoking pot & drinking cans of Red Stripe whilst, dancing around impromptu sound systems.

The State must laugh themselves silly at this - The perfect safety valve for them. Everyone who's angry, frustrated and prepared to travel and spend money to protest, all goes and gets off the leesh, takes some selfies, gets high, has a dance and a beer and goes home less angry and frustrated. Im certain the Anti-Lockdown movement is infiltrated by GCHQ and agents, to achieve this.

What's needed is civil disobediance, not state sanctioned mini Notting Hill Carnivals.
I knew before they even happen that those protests would be organised by the services from the word go, or at least infiltrated and controlled very quickly. So it's true that it's up to individual behaviour as the only one way to contest this, and that's not happening.

I must say I have a sneaky feeling that rebellions have never happened from grassroots for real, they were always instigated and manipulated from the top. Some say that people rebel when the have nothing else to lose, however the evidence shows the opposite when you see people being herded en masse like cattle, rammed into boats trains, buses, in pens and so on.

Only a minority react and those are the ones that may turn the tides but the problem we have now is that we are all very isolated and scattered, so we can realise the real purposes of top down organised mass migration, transient culture, social media, and more recently social distancing, masks, and so on. Evil genius indeed.

Easy_C

Peacock
Can anyone confirm what he says about Romania?

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I knew before they even happen that those protests would be organised by the services from the word go, or at least infiltrated and controlled very quickly. So it's true that it's up to individual behaviour as the only one way to contest this, and that's not happening.

I must say I have a sneaky feeling that rebellions have never happened from grassroots for real, they were always instigated and manipulated from the top. Some say that people rebel when the have nothing else to lose, however the evidence shows the opposite when you see people being herded en masse like cattle, rammed into boats trains, buses, in pens and so on.

Only a minority react and those are the ones that may turn the tides but the problem we have now is that we are all very isolated and scattered, so we can realise the real purposes of top down organised mass migration, transient culture, social media, and more recently social distancing, masks, and so on. Evil genius indeed.

100% agree, i dont think there's ever been an organic revolution or revolt in any significant occurrence in history. At very least not a successful one.

Peasant's Revolt (which was unsuccessful) in England perhaps an interesting case. Ultimately it ended when the young King addressed a lot of them, and essentially made them stand down because of his Royal God-given right to rule, to which they then yielded (more fool them, he was an absolute tosser).

On latter point, indeed Social Media provides the same safety valve as fake & ghey demonstations. People can sit on it and share memes, smash the like & subscribe, write comments for the gallery etc.

And nothing changes.

Oh well.

Jaeric

Sparrow
Can anyone confirm what he says about Romania?

I'm not sure about the part where they have shut down vaccination centres but according to this 28.13% have been vaccinated.