Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I loathe Frankie Boyle, always have, but that actually made me feel quite uneasy. Just the sheer ugliness of it. Dark in the sense of coming from a place of utter nihilisism, and of zero warmth. People like Boyle believe in absolutely nothing.

The jump cuts to the rest of the panel, muslims, feminsist blacks, trans (???). They literally look like a CGI version of BBC diversity hires. No talent, just people playing a role and being rewarded with a career.

My word i'm glad i left, i would rather eat a plate of my own waste than have to be around stuff like this.

Geo Martin

Sparrow
I am guessing you aren't British (not that it is my business), because that is small beer for the Babylonian Brainwashing Commissariat. How about some of that good old BBC light comedy to take your mind off such serious things?
Only if I needed to use some vomit inducing potion would I watch anything by that 'comedian'. It should come with a list of side effects and adverse reactions...
Have you seen the BBC iplayer's list of shows? It's all about 'minorities', trannies, trashy TV and mind control propaganda garbage.
Here in the UK watching the mainstream media carries serious health risks, it's a soul vacuum.
Whatever is left of comedy is all delivered by homosexuals and eunuchs.

Geo Martin

Sparrow
The jump cuts to the rest of the panel, muslims, feminsist blacks, trans (???). They literally look like a CGI version of BBC diversity hires. No talent, just people playing a role and being rewarded with a career.
The washed down PC effeminated version of Muslims anyway, just like the softies beurocrats (no spell checker here) left at the top of all the Christian churches. Totally cucked, bought and paid for.
Apologies for being so blunt but I'm incensed by the amount debris I'm left to navigate through in my own country.

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
Have you seen the BBC iplayer's list of shows? It's all about 'minorities', trannies, trashy TV and mind control propaganda garbage.

Whatever is left of comedy is all delivered by homosexuals and eunuchs.
Ha, I do skim the headlines of BBC news and Iplayer to see what they are pushing from time to time, hardly ever reading / watching any of it, especially when there is something going on like the covid lockdown protests in London recently. The BBC did a series of pieces about the Tulsa race riots: an event that happened 100 years ago, in a different country. No headlines for the protests. Just one of many examples.

I look back at older "classic" comedy that everyone harks back to, Monty Python and Mr Bean and Fawlty Towers, and can't help but see the subversion there too, although it was less in your face (although Monty Python is pretty bad on that score) and the jokes were better (apart from Bean, I always hated that show). Comedy is an easy way to change social norms: show things that are evil, degenerate, pooping on the fabric of your being and nation, and so on, but add humour, so people gradually become desensitised to them & agree with their inferiority. They also rewrite history in a way: younger generations see the mockery / parody of historical figures (Oswald Mosley springs to mind, he was lampooned in the Fast Show as Cholmondley Warner) before they have even heard of the original.

At least the goon show is full of harmful stereotypes to go along with the buffoon main characters

Last edited:

Geo Martin

Sparrow
I look back at older "classic" comedy that everyone harks back to, Monty Python and Mr Bean and Fawlty Towers, and can't help but see the subversion there too, although it was less in your face (although Monty Python is pretty bad on that score) and the jokes were better (apart from Bean, I always hated that show). Comedy is an easy way to change social norms: show things that are evil, degenerate, pooping on the fabric of your being and nation, and so on, but add humour, so people gradually become desensitised to them & agree with their inferiority. They also rewrite history in a way: younger generations see the mockery / parody of historical figures (Oswald Mosley springs to mind, he was lampooned in the Fast Show as Cholmondley Warner) before they have even heard of the original.
I hold the Monty Phyton in a special place of loathing my heart since I saw the Life of Brian ages ago. What an utter piece of rubbish that the whole joke was about poking fun at Christianity, which is basically all that troup of godless gits ever did. That's only why they're held such esteem by the intelligentsia circles of this country.

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
Ahh good one. I always get that word wrong. I'm terrible at French ha!
Balls to the frogs and their stinking eau de toilette anyway. Real men should smell of malt vinegar and coal smoke.

If there are any Frenchmen in the chat, I apologise without reservation for casting aspersions on your masculinity.

I was talking about Parisians.

Geo Martin

Sparrow
Wished it was. What I'd give for a plot like that. Bill Mollison is the permaculture guy. I did a course in permaculture back in 2005. It's a very interesting system, especially if you've got a big plot of land. That said, we've made a lot advances that give even those with a small plot the ability to grow and rear quite a lot of food. I don't know why some of you younger chaps don't figure something out and pool your resources for a small community. Lots of rural land available in Spain, Portugal, Bulgaria (the 3 countries I earmarked). Out of those I'd chose Bulgaria. Last time I looked there were lots of dirt cheap properties with a good slice of land. Some villages have many properties, enough to form an expat community at least.
I'm not sure I qualify for a 'younger chap' type, but I'd be up for something like that.
I've been scouring through properties with some land in Spain as it would be in principle my country of choice for number of reasons I could get into in another post.
I wouln't call it a community however, I'd call it a network of likeminded individuals who live locally to each other and share common goals...Anything with the word 'community' in it nowadays gives a rash.
Anyway, the point is there are still some properties at quite reasonable prices, more or less off the grid. If you look at somewhat rundown properties that would require a bit of work, you can find them dirt cheap. I wouldn't mind that as I quite enjoy manual labour.

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
I wouln't call it a community however, I'd call it a network of likeminded individuals who live locally to each other and share common goals...Anything with the word 'community' in it nowadays gives a rash.
"Good neighbours" nails it for me. I want my own land and so on, not some doomed "community" of dummies (I can handle being a dummy by myself, thanks) but without good neighbours, who will my kids (if it's not too late) play with, and who will my wife (ditto) chatter with? Being isolated, either geographically, or because the locals aren't friendly, almost guarantees that my family will miss out & the kids will leave as soon as they can.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Ha, I do skim the headlines of BBC news and Iplayer to see what they are pushing from time to time, hardly ever reading / watching any of it, especially when there is something going on like the covid lockdown protests in London recently. The BBC did a series of pieces about the Tulsa race riots: an event that happened 100 years ago, in a different country. No headlines for the protests. Just one of many examples.

At least the goon show is full of harmful stereotypes to go along with the buffoon main characters

What was pozzed about Fawlty Towers?

Python was awful. Cleese was alwats the best on it, but as a project it was subvervise in a sly clever clever way. Like bad surrealist art is. So much of it is painfully unfunny too.

Nothing warm about it.

Fawlty was just plain funny tho imho. Clockwise was good too. Essemtially just very well written and performed farces.

Easy_C

Peacock
The Pythons had a lot of anti-communist humor. It was very hit or miss in the humor (some were obviously time filler sketeches), but some of the ones with more subtle humor about human psychology were fantastic.

Plus it had this sketch:
I think one thing that works against the UK on the topic at hand is that the previous kind of cheeky, subversive, and vaguely tribalistic mindset is largely gone. Instead of mocking the jobsworths the way they did back in the era of Monty Python instead they're supposed to be venerated. That has some negative long term implications for "Great Reset" aspects in the UK.

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
What was pozzed about Fawlty Towers?

Python was awful. Cleese was alwats the best on it, but as a project it was subvervise in a sly clever clever way. Like bad surrealist art is. So much of it is painfully unfunny too.

Nothing warm about it.

Fawlty was just plain funny tho imho. Clockwise was good too. Essemtially just very well written and performed farces.
Yeah Fawlty Towers is good comedy, perhaps I went too far lumping it in with the others. It's mainly the two male leads are utter buffoons who can only run a hotel thanks to the two leading ladies, Basil's wife and the receptionist. Basically the dumb Homer and capable Marge trope. If it were from another century, I wouldn't make that criticism - classic farce, as you say. In the context of Monty Python etc, I am overly cynical.

Geo Martin

Sparrow
The Pythons had a lot of anti-communist humor. It was very hit or miss in the humor (some were obviously time filler sketeches), but some of the ones with more subtle humor about human psychology were fantastic.
They made state sanctioned humour. They were clever as a bunch of Oxbridge grads can be, which gives a clue to what agenda they would be actually pushing.
What better way to undermine a society's values and traditions than through clever humour? Making it cool to sound a certain way and say certain things that would make your nan blush.
Cleese came up not long ago saying stuff like he doesn't recognise London, it looks like an alien city to him, not English blah, blah...Well you old git and your ilk contributed mightly to make it happen. So is he taking the piss or he's got dementia.

kel

Ostrich
Honestly, a place that's used to corruption and where people see the rules as something you have to deal with if you're not clever, influential, or wealthy enough to get away with ignoring has the potential to be a good place if you're able to handle that. I've done a fair bit of traveling back in my degenerate days, had to give some bribes here and there where that was the normal way things got done, it's certainly not how I'd wish a society to operate but in the face of messy reality it's a nice option to have.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Honestly, a place that's used to corruption and where people see the rules as something you have to deal with if you're not clever, influential, or wealthy enough to get away with ignoring has the potential to be a good place if you're able to handle that. I've done a fair bit of traveling back in my degenerate days, had to give some bribes here and there where that was the normal way things got done, it's certainly not how I'd wish a society to operate but in the face of messy reality it's a nice option to have.

Indeed.

In contrast to the uptight self righteous jobsworths that encounter in UK, aus NZ, canada etc