Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

Well, I don't know what the Orthodox think about Marian apparitions approved by Rome, but at Fatima, Mary said that Portugal would never lose the faith, so maybe that would be a place to go.

Unfortunately, that could be taken to imply that the faith will be altogether extinguished in many European countries.

02Hero

Robin
Except this really might be your last opportunity to move.

If you have a destination planned and things are possible now... there's no guarantee at all you'll get another shot.
There is always opportunities LOL. Look at migrants. You will find a way if you want to.

From what I can tell in most countries the COVID stuff is terrible. Not much difference except maybe the fantacism in which people comply.

kingtufti

Sparrow
I really wouldn't advise moving during this winter.

Obviously if your situation back home isn't good, then maybe it's a roll of the dice, but if that isn't the case, then i'd stay in UK for now.

If you dont have papers in order re residency, and are just doing 90 days dashes, i just dont see the point. You're going to end up somewhere that will, if not already, no doubt soon, have QR codes in order.

So you'll travel and go through all that palaver just to end up in an airbnb, not even being able to speak the language, legally sit in a cafe and drink a coffee, grab a bit to eat in restaurant, use public transport, visit a gym, or go to 'non essential' shops.

Maybe some of those will blind-eye you, but then you have to sit there and enjoy your meal with the (admitably slim, but not unheard of) case of the QR Detectives comign round and giving you an 800usd fine.

This is the situation in Ukraine currently, and IMHO will be dragged on throughout winter, maybe even ad infinitum.

My life's sorted here, got a great homelife, nice flat, and am fully legal, and even then this covid stuff is pissing me off. If i was solo and drifting, i'd be out and out miserable about it.

I also dont really see the point in saying 'well that sucks, but i'm hearing good things about X', this stuff is going to be pretty much blanket. Unless you've got contacts, ties or a legal grounding to stay long term, it just seems like rearranging the deck-chairs on teh Titanic.

Let's see... I decided to bite the bullet and take a flight to Serbia tomorrow.

I've booked an Airbnb on the city outskirts, and have a lawyer lined up to open a company for me.

I'm sick of cold weather and morons who actually enforce this codshit.

You only regret the opportunities you didn't take, and if the shutters come down and I'm left starving in the 6 month winter ice... I'd regret it.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox

I've booked an Airbnb on the city outskirts, and have a lawyer lined up to open a company for me.

You only regret the opportunities you didn't take, and if the shutters come down and I'm left starving in the 6 month winter ice... I'd regret it.

Good luck fella, hope it works out.

Lived in Serbia before, it's the best country in Europe IMHO (at least pre covid, when i was there). I would advise going full steam into getting Residency. See it literally as a day-job, until it's done.

There's a fantastic forest on the edge of town, which i lived literally a stone's throw on the edge of, i'm going to mess the spelling up, but Kostanajak or something like that. Beautiful place. On that note, i'm sure it's the most tree-heavy city (at least capital) in Europe. How it appeared to me anyway.

Keep us informed how you get on.

I agree with you actually, but fear-mungering?... I dunno...

I think Serbia is a good bet, but you're right, to land in Belgrade right now and hope the lights don't go out before I'm settled would be foolhardy, maybe.

But to hope things are still possible next spring/summer?... maybe, maybe not...

Maybe I'll need vax to fly. Maybe I'll need vax to get in. Maybe they'll close down residency options. Maybe there'll be legit food shortages and the cost of land will rocket...

I'm making the decision on the basis that at least one of those comes to pass.
Maybe "alarmist" or "premature" are better terms. Where are you based, generally, if I may ask? Although the EU has its own problems it offers members a measure of collective stability that these peripheral, post-communist countries don't. I'd sooner choose rural Spain or France over Serbia, but Poland would be #1 for family and cultural reasons. If the worst case you envision comes to pass, none of the EU-adjacent countries will be spared, all of their govs want to join the EU so they'll mirror their policies accordingly. We may see annual panics and lockdowns every flu season now, I'd suggest waiting at least until the spring to judge the policies of your destination countries over the preceding months.

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
Good luck fella, hope it works out.

Lived in Serbia before, it's the best country in Europe IMHO (at least pre covid, when i was there). I would advise going full steam into getting Residency. See it literally as a day-job, until it's done.

There's a fantastic forest on the edge of town, which i lived literally a stone's throw on the edge of, i'm going to mess the spelling up, but Kostanajak or something like that. Beautiful place. On that note, i'm sure it's the most tree-heavy city (at least capital) in Europe. How it appeared to me anyway.

Keep us informed how you get on.

So if I get it right, user Kingtufti is "sick of cold weather", and therefore heading to... Serbia in November?? Good luck with the weather.

Regarding "tree-heavy capital cities", Sofia might win over Belgrad, as the beautiful, old Bulgarian capital has huge parks full of trees.

Back to Serbia : much respect to Serbs, today they are actively protecting, against Soros-funded antifa, a wall-painting made in honor of their most famous General. Wokism shall not pass!

In any case, if one is looking to "escape the cold", much better to come to Argentina! No Health Pass, no QRs, and, in Buenos Aires we already enjoy our hot Southern-Hemisphere Summer days.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
So if I get it right, user Kingtufti is "sick of cold weather", and therefore heading to... Serbia in November?? Good luck with the weather.

Regarding "tree-heavy capital cities", Sofia might win over Belgrad, as the beautiful, old Bulgarian capital has huge parks full of trees.

Back to Serbia : much respect to Serbs, today they are actively protecting, against Soros-funded antifa, a wall-painting made in honor of their most famous General. Wokism shall not pass!

In any case, if one is looking to "escape the cold", much better to come to Argentina! No Health Pass, no QRs, and, in Buenos Aires we already enjoy our hot Southern-Hemisphere Summer days.
For United States citizens, I read this on the embassy site:

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
  • U.S. citizen tourists are allowed to enter Argentina from November 1, 2021, but they must be fully vaccinated and the second dose has been given 14 days before arrival in Argentina. Argentine Authorities will require evidence of vaccination.

Kev

Pigeon
Orthodox
In my experience it's the 'EU border' that's pretty stringent, then nothing thereafter.

I'm basing that on travelling to Tallinn, Estonia by bus from Minsk, through Lithuania.

Lithuanian border was fully checked, then I woke up in Tallinn.

IDK if that's typical.
Staying within Schengen countries is pretty straightforward (no border checks) however difficulties finding a place to stay varies by country. When you pass non Schengen borders you may run into more control. Then you have the countries that are zealots which can be a pain on corona checks (Austria). I crossed the EU 4x in the past 6 months (FR - RO, no test and no v*x) and avoided Austria and Germany to have a smoother trip. Things are changing now so it's good to check on changes before running into problems. YMMV

Kev

Pigeon
Orthodox
Staying within Schengen countries is pretty straightforward (no border checks) however difficulties finding a place to stay varies by country. When you pass non Schengen borders you may run into more control. Then you have the countries that are zealots which can be a pain on corona checks (Austria). I crossed the EU 4x in the past 6 months (FR - RO, no test and no v*x) and avoided Austria and Germany to have a smoother trip. Things are changing now so it's good to check on changes before running into problems. YMMV
I forgot to add that i got quarantine ordered 2x in RO...no big deal just stayed home ;-)

Lawrence87

Woodpecker
Orthodox
The Kingdom of Heaven

Seriously, I doubt there will be anywhere that is not subject to the existing and impending tyranny that isn't already a nightmare to live in. Stand firm, make strategic choices that alleviate the situation, and by all means relocate if you are in a particularly bad zone, but I don't think the antichrist system will allow a safe haven for the ardently unvaccinated resistors. We have to bear this cross, repent, and never give in.

Acerza89

Pigeon
Orthodox Inquirer
Poland
Spain
Croatia
England

are just some of the places in europe where V pass has not yet come.

my dream would be to live in portugal, but they are also in the hands of the EU WHO money bags

oldfaith

Robin
Orthodox

I'm following a Russian blog of someone who moved to Belarus' Grodno area (near Polish border).
This person said that after Lukashenko banned the enforcement of masks, everyone around Grodno started wearing them voluntarily and if it was 50% masked before, it's now 99% masked in store.
I'm not sure if it's true. It could be that this region is very pro-EU and they're showing their opposition to Lukashenko by mask-wearing.

If you're sick of cold climate you might want to get yourself to anywhere in Latin America, where there're no vaccine requirement yet and quickly apply for residency before vaccine is required for any kind of visa. It's summer starting in much of L.A., harder for them to pull stuff in summer.

Last edited:

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Gold Member
Update from Mexico: I've been traveling around the country some in the past 3 months, and here's a summary.
  • Mexicans believe in covid. There is little awareness of the scam, and certainly no resistance. The good news is that they're not fearful nor are they Karens. They won't look at you weird if you don't have a mask, nor will they push you to wear one (except in major corporate chains like Walmart and OXXO, the Mexican equivalent of 7-11.
  • The coasts and small towns are better than the big cities, with Mexico City being the worst (proper covid rules) and tiny rural towns being the best (with in some places 0% mask compliance). Coastal places are better also, especially if they're touristy.
  • So we can say - the reason Mexico is good is not because of an aware or resistance population. I assume the main two reasons are (1) the Mexican president, who has been against lockdowns since 2020, and (2) the Cartel who is a counterweight to the government and wants the money from tourism.
  • The most popular destinations for covid skeptics are still in Quintana Roo (Playa del Carmen and Tulum), with even less mask compliance than before... probably 20-30%. Life is normal BUT presence of police and national guard has increased massively. I would say 3x what it was half a year ago. Not sure if that's because of the drug war or if they're planning something... it's disconcerting for sure.
I haven't been online in the past 2 months, would someone who's been following the threads closely give an update on other countries that are good and how it's going there?

From what I know: Texas, Florida, Tanzania, Sweden, are also still good. Denmark and Bulgaria getting worse. If someone could post a summary of whatever else is going on in the world / the last 30 pages of the thread, that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Eddie

oldfaith

Robin
Orthodox
From what I know: Texas, Florida, Tanzania, Sweden, are also still good. Denmark and Bulgaria getting worse. If someone could post a summary of whatever else is going on in the world / the last 30 pages of the thread, that would be greatly appreciated.
If you look at the list of 27 American states that are suing over Bidens' vaxx mandate, this pretty much sums up the states where it's OK for now. Many Eastern states, Great Plains, and some states of Intermountain West.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Update from Mexico: I've been traveling around the country some in the past 3 months, and here's a summary.
  • Mexicans believe in covid. There is little awareness of the scam, and certainly no resistance. The good news is that they're not fearful nor are they Karens. They won't look at you weird if you don't have a mask, nor will they push you to wear one (except in major corporate chains like Walmart and OXXO, the Mexican equivalent of 7-11.
  • The coasts and small towns are better than the big cities, with Mexico City being the worst (proper covid rules) and tiny rural towns being the best (with in some places 0% mask compliance). Coastal places are better also, especially if they're touristy.
  • So we can say - the reason Mexico is good is not because of an aware or resistance population. I assume the main two reasons are (1) the Mexican president, who has been against lockdowns since 2020, and (2) the Cartel who is a counterweight to the government and wants the money from tourism.
  • The most popular destinations for covid skeptics are still in Quintana Roo (Playa del Carmen and Tulum), with even less mask compliance than before... probably 20-30%. Life is normal BUT presence of police and national guard has increased massively. I would say 3x what it was half a year ago. Not sure if that's because of the drug war or if they're planning something... it's disconcerting for sure.
I haven't been online in the past 2 months, would someone who's been following the threads closely give an update on other countries that are good and how it's going there?

Cheers,
Eddie
I was considering going to Tulum actually as it is a quick trip from Florida. I decided not to because there seems to be some gang turf war going on. That would explain the military presence. There was a shooting on the beach in Cancun and two tourists were just killed in a Tulum cafe. Violence seems to be escalating there. My guess is various cartels are fighting for the Mayan riviera due to the increase in tourism.

And I agree with your assessment about the reason for Mexico not having lockdowns. Essentially it is due to it being a cartel state. If the NWO globalists want Mexico to conform they will definitely need to swoop in and clean that up. So I'm hoping it stays as is. A bit dicey but at least it provides a good escape route option for Americans.

DRIIIVER

Sparrow
Orthodox Catechumen
⚡️World’s first nationwide lockdown for the unvaxxed approved

Austria will impose new curbs on the unvaccinated starting from Monday. The measure aims to ease pressure on hospitals and ICUs.

Two of the hardest-hit regions, Upper Austria and Salzburg, were the first to announce they would impose a lockdown on Monday.
Subscribe to RT News t.me/rtnews

Padouk

Kingfisher
⚡️World’s first nationwide lockdown for the unvaxxed approved

Austria will impose new curbs on the unvaccinated starting from Monday. The measure aims to ease pressure on hospitals and ICUs.

Two of the hardest-hit regions, Upper Austria and Salzburg, were the first to announce they would impose a lockdown on Monday.
Subscribe to RT News t.me/rtnews

It's all by design and the measures are going to become even more nonsensical and absurd to undermine our trust in institutions.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member

I am currently in Armenia - life as normal, though masks and vaxxing (very low) have increased in November.

Was in Russia before. Again, life as normal, even in Moscow. There is some fear news coming out of Russia now, but from what I hear life is still as normal.

Dominican Republic - life as normal, I believe it's still open to visit without a test.

Ukraine - seems like controls are/will come in, but life is mostly as normal.

UAE - masks everywhere and if you have a job you need to get shot up, but I don't think they will enforce mandates unless they are pushed to. It is also a good place to go if you are worried about catching the virus as the case and death rates are very low.

It seems Romanian, Estonia and Cyprus are not always requiring a test to enter, suggesting they may be lax, but I have no other details.

Places to avoid - US, Austria, Lithuania, everywhere in Asia bar The Arabian Peninsular.

oldfaith

Robin
Orthodox
I am currently in Armenia - life as normal, though masks and vaxxing (very low) have increased in November.

Was in Russia before. Again, life as normal, even in Moscow. There is some fear news coming out of Russia now, but from what I hear life is still as normal.

Dominican Republic - life as normal, I believe it's still open to visit without a test.

Ukraine - seems like controls are/will come in, but life is mostly as normal.

UAE - masks everywhere and if you have a job you need to get shot up, but I don't think they will enforce mandates unless they are pushed to. It is also a good place to go if you are worried about catching the virus as the case and death rates are very low.

It seems Romanian, Estonia and Cyprus are not always requiring a test to enter, suggesting they may be lax, but I have no other details.

Places to avoid - US, Austria, Lithuania, everywhere in Asia bar The Arabian Peninsular.

Moscow (the city itself) is the last region that doesn't have QR codes for places like hotels, cafes, gyms, non-grocery stores or any larger stores.
But you can not go to a theater, concert or museum without QR code even in Moscow.
Mayor Sobyanin knows he couldn't take Muscovites with direct attack back in June so they started from all regions except Moscosw this time.
However "some news out of Russia" is that very soon QR codes will be federally mandated, the government-introduced bill is moving through parliament (which is fully controlled by the govenment party) and not only stores/gyms/cafes but long-distance trains and aircraft will require QR code. PCR test will be allowed unil Feb 1.
After that vaccine cert or cert of recovery within 6 months only. Many had been fired in Moscow and all over the country or forced.
You can not get a surgery in Moscow without vaccine, just like in many other regions.

El Drague here posted about Ukraine: can't go to places out of concern for $800 fines/raids are being conducted. Even all public transport in Kiev requires QR code though controls are not during boarding, done through random checks/raids - at least been so until several days ago.
So one can board and pray won't run into any checkers.
While traveling wealthy foreigners can pay $800 fine no biggie, plus can use foreigner excuse - "me can not get QR code! Me don't know Ukrainian! Me tried hard!" (these excuses won't last for long, though, if they're serious about QR code system - in Russia the system will be in place at least until summer), it's a devastating fine for an average Ukrainian and often is more than twice more than their monthly income.

There's "no life as normal" in Russia I can assure and will not be soon. Most people are shocked at what's happening, even the vaccinated, and trying to figure out how to deal with that violation of all their basic rights. It's been made very clear that they'll want boosters every 6 months, this is being broadcasted pretty much daily. Russia does not accept any foreign vaccines, but people were able to get into some places using foreign passport and foreign vaccine card (or the likeness of it).

Russia is working on coordinating QR code/green pass checking with other countries, for reciprocity. Sputnik not being recognized by WHO does not help this, however, recently there was large WHO "deadly viruses" exercise conducted in Tatarstan region followed by Lancet article saying positive things about Sputnik. Expect hard crackdown on fake certs in Russia, most likely Sputnik approval had been tied to this. This will likely followed by reciprocity with EU green pass and other countries QR codes.

Last edited: