Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

oldfaith

Robin
Orthodox
Update from Mexico: I've been traveling around the country some in the past 3 months, and here's a summary.
I decided to hunker down on rural property I'm buying right now in the US (my planned "winter in Sochi" just went bust with Russian QR code nightmare, as I got that citizenship too and most likely my trip would be a one-way/trapped, as Aeroflot is talking QR codes to even buy a ticket very soon). However thinking of backup strategies.
Are there good locations in Mexico, outside big cities, where one can inexpensively rent some casita (not an apartment, but a separate little home with own yard) in a safer area where won't have to be worried about home invasion? Assuming one is not flashing wealth/money/expensive car and looks very low key. I don't care for being close to the ocean.

I haven't been online in the past 2 months,
The state of true bliss... You might want to go back offline and wait for a couple of years until they're done with installing NWO /sarcasm

As to the US, the real danger is federal transportation mandate (airlines/trains, this is their jurisdiction), but there's land border full of illegal Mexicans which they're afraid to touch with a 10-foot pole - so far at least, and I hope it will stay this way....people complain about the land border condition...not realizing that solid border will keep them locked in as well, not just keep the migrants out. In life you can't have it all.

DenizenJane

Woodpecker
I will say with confidence that rural bumpkin U.S.A will have an edge over the entire planet with something resembling freedom and it has nothing to do with violence necessarily.

We've managed to preserve Christianity and christian communities more than almost any other group of white people on Earth. Don't believe me? Check out all at those BBC documentaries about fanatical baptists and whatnot in the USA over the years. Even the rest of the world recognizes it.

We're a doomed nation. But the places that held on to God the most I think will consequentially be afforded more freedom by virtue of critical mass and extended community. Freedom that truly matters. Not the forteen different options to print as your gender on your passport kind of freedom.

This isn't to say there isn't sincere faithholding people elsewhere in the world, but they are undoubtedly going to have a much rougher time, being so much more isolated and outnumbered.

It risks veering off topic, but pure unabashed sin DOES have consequences, and it's relatively short time. Less than fifteen years ago San Francisco victory lapped and did their little cha-cha dances over being known as the fag and fag marriage capitol of the world.

What's San Francicsco known for nowadays?

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
A friend of mine who rarely posts believes that both game theory and relative elitist incompetence will set the stage for some locations treating pro-liberty people better, whether that has to do with crypto or not I'm not sure (it seems the case). Do you all think these places will spring up? The friend also believes that most modern western democracies, as we call them right now, will turn into 3rd world countries, more or less, due to the supreme anti-liberty measures. Do you all foresee such a change happening?

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Moscow (the city itself) is the last region that doesn't have QR codes for places like hotels, cafes, gyms, non-grocery stores or any larger stores.
But you can not go to a theater, concert or museum without QR code even in Moscow.
Mayor Sobyanin knows he couldn't take Muscovites with direct attack back in June so they started from all regions except Moscosw this time.
However "some news out of Russia" is that very soon QR codes will be federally mandated, the government-introduced bill is moving through parliament (which is fully controlled by the govenment party) and not only stores/gyms/cafes but long-distance trains and aircraft will require QR code. PCR test will be allowed unil Feb 1.
After that vaccine cert or cert of recovery within 6 months only. Many had been fired in Moscow and all over the country or forced.
You can not get a surgery in Moscow without vaccine, just like in many other regions.

El Drague here posted about Ukraine: can't go to places out of concern for $800 fines/raids are being conducted. Even all public transport in Kiev requires QR code though controls are not during boarding, done through random checks/raids - at least been so until several days ago.
So one can board and pray won't run into any checkers.
While traveling wealthy foreigners can pay $800 fine no biggie, plus can use foreigner excuse - "me can not get QR code! Me don't know Ukrainian! Me tried hard!" (these excuses won't last for long, though, if they're serious about QR code system - in Russia the system will be in place at least until summer), it's a devastating fine for an average Ukrainian and often is more than twice more than their monthly income.

There's "no life as normal" in Russia I can assure and will not be soon. Most people are shocked at what's happening, even the vaccinated, and trying to figure out how to deal with that violation of all their basic rights. It's been made very clear that they'll want boosters every 6 months, this is being broadcasted pretty much daily. Russia does not accept any foreign vaccines, but people were able to get into some places using foreign passport and foreign vaccine card (or the likeness of it).

Russia is working on coordinating QR code/green pass checking with other countries, for reciprocity. Sputnik not being recognized by WHO does not help this, however, recently there was large WHO "deadly viruses" exercise conducted in Tatarstan region followed by Lancet article saying positive things about Sputnik. Expect hard crackdown on fake certs in Russia, most likely Sputnik approval had been tied to this. This will likely followed by reciprocity with EU green pass and other countries QR codes.

The updates I got from smaller locales is life is still as normal. But got an update that St. Petersburg requires QR scanning to enter public places.

Video about the mark of the beast and QR codes with Andrey Tkachev.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
A friend of mine who rarely posts believes that both game theory and relative elitist incompetence will set the stage for some locations treating pro-liberty people better, whether that has to do with crypto or not I'm not sure (it seems the case). Do you all think these places will spring up? The friend also believes that most modern western democracies, as we call them right now, will turn into 3rd world countries, more or less, due to the supreme anti-liberty measures. Do you all foresee such a change happening?

Yes. It seems fairly obvious that there is going to be a large battle between centralisation and decentralisation. On any metric you can think of.

Padouk

Kingfisher

I recommend you to read this interview on some refreshing ideas in regards with your questions.

oldfaith

Robin
Orthodox
The updates I got from smaller locales is life is still as normal. But got an update that St. Petersburg requires QR scanning to enter public places.
No it's not normal.
QR codes are required in almost all regions in Russia right now including remote locations.
These are the rules and they're being enforced.
You can't be serious, but language barrier/not knowing Russian is probably the factor. SPB was the last to start requiring QR codes, only Moscow is left though even there they're required for museums/theaters/concerts, for various schools and jobs.
I'm not going to argue with you.
I post plenty of material to Russia thread. I can post 100 more videos, blogs, social media posts and other proof but I was asked not to post much more of that as it's "blackpill".
It's pointless to deny what's happening in Russia and Ukraine and deny the suffering of many people there right now who are forced to get vaccine to obtain those QR codes or just can't get into places.
Denial will not make things go away, trying to put things mildly here.
It's going to get worse soon, when federal law kicks in and it'll likely stay for a long time.

Last edited:

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
No it's not normal.
QR codes are required in almost all regions in Russia right now including remote locations.
These are the rules and they're being enforced.
You can't be serious, but language barrier/not knowing Russian is probably the factor. SPB was the last to start requiring QR codes, only Moscow is left though even there they're required for museums/theaters/concerts, for various schools and jobs.
I'm not going to argue with you.
I post plenty of material to Russia thread. I can post 100 more videos, blogs, social media posts and other proof but I was asked not to post much more of that as it's "blackpill".
It's pointless to deny what's happening in Russia and Ukraine and deny the suffering of many people there right now who are forced to get vaccine to obtain those QR codes or just can't get into places.
Denial will not make things go away, trying to put things mildly here.
It's going to get worse soon, when federal law kicks in and it'll likely stay for a long time.

It does look like they will go under harsh controls, but I asked people living there and they said there are no changes, exception of St. Petersburg.

It seems the federal rules is from Feb-Jun.

It also looks like Ukraine will go under, but last week I was told life is as usual in Kharkov.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Anyone in Croatia or Albania? I heard Croatia is likely to introduce new controls, but I'm not sure how far it will extend. I haven't heard a peep about Albania in a long time.

@Coja Petrus Uscan I've been thinking Armenia might be a really good option - it's low vax rate and pretty conservative.

Last edited:

AManLikePutin

Kingfisher
Yea, the situation in Russia isn't looking good at all. My ex-girlfriend works in Biomedical industry there and she said she paid 2,000 RUB to get a fake vaccine certificate, but now they are threatening people with jail or a massive fine over it and she's afraid of mandatory anti-body tests at some point which would reveal the fake cert (or of course if the doctors in question rat out). Tbf, she also said her teacher and best friend's mom have died of Covid last month and it's just a dark, gloomy mood all over the country from all sides considered.

The situation is a far cry from early June when I went to Spb and spent a month there. It was truly a Covid-haven back then, but even then it got strange. I remember the mask police being super strict at Russia-Belgium match (for Euro cup) when we were watching it, and then Moscow introduced QR code system and hence I didn't go there even for a short visit, because what'd be the point.

Was really hoping to return to SPB this May for the Champions League final match but if the QR code is in place and strictly implemented, then it'll be useless.

Cortez84

Chicken
Anyone here in Thailand outside of Bangkok or Phuket? Is it possible to live free on the islands or rural areas in mainland?

I dont live in Thailand but I am friends with a few people who do live there. You will be required to quarantine if you are not vaccinated. The situation seems to change weekly though.

Vaccine hesitancy has been very high, they are not forcing vaccinations like we are seeing in western countries at this stage. Its uncertain if this will change though as the vaccine becomes more available to them. Until now they were predominantly distributing the Chinese Sinovac.

The issue with Thailand will be general visas. You cannot leave and return every 30 or 90 days without an expensive quarantine, so unless you have a visa that allows for a longer stay then it starts to become a problem really quickly.

hedonist

Kingfisher
I dont live in Thailand but I am friends with a few people who do live there. You will be required to quarantine if you are not vaccinated. The situation seems to change weekly though.

Vaccine hesitancy has been very high, they are not forcing vaccinations like we are seeing in western countries at this stage. Its uncertain if this will change though as the vaccine becomes more available to them. Until now they were predominantly distributing the Chinese Sinovac.

The issue with Thailand will be general visas. You cannot leave and return every 30 or 90 days without an expensive quarantine, so unless you have a visa that allows for a longer stay then it starts to become a problem really quickly.
iirc there was a special visa you could apply for in Thailand that gets around this..I thought it was different to permanent residence ...if I find I will post it.

Crazy88

Pigeon
I must say these reports from Russia, Eastern Europe, and the rest of Europe (not to mention US/Canada/Australia, etc) make for some extremely depressing reading. New restrictions seem to be popping up on a weekly basis, and for the unvaccinated, I keep playing that Star Wars trash compactor scene in my head over and over.

They are tightening those screws and all that’s left right now is “essential services” like grocery stores and pharmacies where people can still enter without any vaccine proof, but for how long? I believe the best odds right now to live a normal life for the time being is a red state in the US, and even there, you want to be away from the big cities.

I definitely had high hopes for places like Russia, the Balkans, and Eastern Europe, but the recent developments there have been extremely disappointing.

iop890

Peacock
Orthodox Catechumen
Gold Member
I've mentioned it before, but from talking to some Thai friends it seems many are skeptical about the vax and very cynical about the Thai government, but overly trusting of the west(or at least western technology/products). I've heard about people refusing Sinovac but looking forward to when Pfizer is available.

oldfaith

Robin
Orthodox
It does look like they will go under harsh controls, but I asked people living there and they said there are no changes, exception of St. Petersburg.

It seems the federal rules is from Feb-Jun.

It also looks like Ukraine will go under, but last week I was told life is as usual in Kharkov.

Whoever told you that is either lying or is completely way out there.

They will not "go under harsh controls" - IS under harsh controls already. QR code system had been unrolled country-wide in steps from end of Oct through the 2nd week of Nov.
Entire Russia, almost every region, except Moscow where it's more limited, has QR code enforcement now.
But I guess it's no biggie one can't get a surgery without vaccine in Moscow.
I'm seeing people already had their mind prepared to accept these evils as normal as they don't even see anything wrong with it.

Like I said, will not argue with you any longer, you're not Russian and you don't speak the language, and what you say is not what's happening.
Just because someone, in some region managed to get to some big store that still did not come under the hammer yet does not negate the fact that QR codes are required to enter all bigger stores, gyms, shopping centers, cafes, museums, etc all over Russia now and hotels too in many regions.

And I did hear from someone that in some rural region in China it was pretty relaxed and people don't wear masks much, China must be a good escape country I will consider it now as my escape from Russia (except one will not leave any China region without tracking app, but yes all these evil violations are just normal, no biggie).
People who brush what's going on under the table do not deserve freedoms.

And Ukraine IS under already. How many times does one have to say that there's $800 fine and actual checking raids in Kiev forcing people to avoid places and even public transport? There's nothing normal about this. And having to live with a bought vaxx cert isn't normal, that's just being part of that system and they will get to you, it's a real prison term now for using one. I suggest anyone to read up on USSR history.

Last edited:
Although we’ve gone around in circles a few times it seems the earlier consensus was right. There is nowhere to go right now that has any meaningful certainty beyond several months. I’m in NZ and feeling increasingly vulnerable due to being essentially trapped here on an island, but the more research I do, the more I realise there is nowhere to run to. I was going to take Costa Rica up on the digital nomad visa, only for them to make an announcement for vax passports the same week.

Just feel sorry for my baby daughter having to grow up as a leper. Thank god I‘m basically immune to mandates until they turn my bank account/internet off.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
There is a map here that lists regulations in Russia:

Reading more about the situation in Armenia. It seems that they have been under "quarantine" for a year, which meant that people are meant to be wearing masks indoors. But even in government buildings this is not adhered to. Since 1 Nov they have brought in a rule that people need to wear masks outdoors, but this has virtually no adherence.

It seems some countries are just doing things for show, while others put in the effort to enforce rules. But it seems the time of being able to travel without vaccination are coming to an end.

The IMF has also been sniffing around, pushing vaccination:

Policy priories are to safeguard the recovery, preserve stability, and promote inclusion, including through vaccinating the population as swiftly as possible...

... Policy priorities are to fast-track large-scale vaccination...

Last edited:

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
. Thank god I‘m basically immune to mandates until they turn my bank account/internet off.

Please don't give them funny ideas.

But yes, I can envision the crooked Establishment doing just that at some point in 2022, freezing the bank accounts of unvaxed people. "This money was to be used to circumvent Health Regulations anyway"...

Another reason to buy gold or even Btcs, I guess.