Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
The stress of trying to find somewhere to ‘escape’ the tyranny in my opinion is not worth it.
Have you read the Gulag Archipelago by Solzhenitsyn? I think escaping a gulag situation is worth a little stress. Plenty of people successfully fled the USSR. Tens of millions did not and their fate is one of the most gruesome chapters of history.
I think now is the time to begin simplifying your lifestyle, and preparing yourself mentally for when you really can’t go anywhere without the vax.
If you have a garden when they require the vaccine to get into supermarkets, they won't be able to starve you into submission. According to their own predictive programming in "Brave New World", they leave you alone if you live in nature.

I picture a prisoner sitting in the prison yard... realizing the doors of the prison are still open, but closing very slowly. As he considers making a run for it, he thinks to himself, aw shucks... what's the use in running, they will chase me anyway." Next frame in that vision is him being tortured and regretting his apathy.

This is like anything... like starting a business, like approaching a woman, like any undertaking in life: if you try your best, you're not guaranteed success, no. Therefore it's useless to even try? The only guarantee is that not trying will lead to failure 100% of the time.

Padouk

Banned
Non-Christian
Have you read the Gulag Archipelago by Solzhenitsyn? I think escaping a gulag situation is worth a little stress. Plenty of people successfully fled the USSR. Tens of millions did not and their fate is one of the most gruesome chapters of history.

If you have a garden when they require the vaccine to get into supermarkets, they won't be able to starve you into submission. According to their own predictive programming in "Brave New World", they leave you alone if you live in nature.

I picture a prisoner sitting in the prison yard... realizing the doors of the prison are still open, but closing very slowly. As he considers making a run for it, he thinks to himself, aw shucks... what's the use in running, they will chase me anyway." Next frame in that vision is him being tortured and regretting his apathy.

This is like anything... like starting a business, like approaching a woman, like any undertaking in life: if you try your best, you're not guaranteed success, no. Therefore it's useless to even try? The only guarantee is that not trying will lead to failure 100% of the time.

But where to escape to? It's not like we have a newly discovered continent of America with plenty of land and opportunities.

For me, the only way good option is to join the Amish. I have the feeling they will be left alone this time around once again. But that implies that one has to be already in the US or any other country which has these communities. We don't have communities in Europe that reject electricity by choice.

GreatIrishElk

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Have you read the Gulag Archipelago by Solzhenitsyn?
You make a very good point which is why I conceded that maybe I am a little immature in my thinking. I have not yet explored the writing of Solzhenitsyn, though he is on my list.

History is full of examples of those who have been tortured, especially in the name of the Lord.

It really just depends on your Faith, I for one am a firm believer in providence and that God will not put you in any situation that your Faith will not allow you to handle.

History is also littered with examples, and once again my lack of real depth in reading means that I could not give you any exact figures, but I remember reading of Christian’s who were relentlessly tortured under different regimes. Their Faith was so strong that the torturers gave up and even in some cases converted on the basis of the overwhelming Faith displayed.

Nobody knows if or when or where the gulags will return, or what sort of persecution we will face in the future.

The only thing we can really ensure and work on is our own Faith.

Your comments have been taken on board and if you have anymore recommendations for further reading, I would be happy to hear them!

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
But where to escape to?
Nature. Leave the grid.
It really just depends on your Faith, I for one am a firm believer in providence and that God will not put you in any situation that your Faith will not allow you to handle.
Don't take this too far, God has given us a brain to see what's coming and to prepare for it. I don't believe God will protect us if we willfully ignore the coming perils He warned us about! If we make no preparations out of sheer negligence and apathy. This is like not wearing a seat belt cause... oh well if I have an accident it's in God's hands.

GreatIrishElk

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
If we make no preparations out of sheer negligence and apathy. This is like not wearing a seat belt cause... oh well if I have an accident it's in God's hands.
A very good point and well made! I don’t have the privilege but if I could react I would give it a ✝️.

I am not totally against the idea of fleeing, nobody wants to be the first in the gulag. Seeing as the Amish were mentioned, would it be beyond the realms of possibility to think about setting up a new off-grid religious community? Crowdfunding could be a powerful tool, and it would be great to spend the rest of my days among like-minded individuals with common goals.

I am and always have been an idealist, which makes the input of realists like yourself so valuable.

SeekingTruth

Kingfisher
Catholic

I may have posted this before, but there is a Catholic community being built in Texas that is 600 acres.

But then I just read all this which is a little disheartening:

Last edited:

Belgrano

Ostrich
Gold Member

tom

Sparrow
So guys what countries in the EU that doesnt have a Vax pass?
- England
- Poland
- North macedonia
- Romania & Moldova

I know this is a futile exercise, but lets stay upbeat, keep our options on the table
This evil farce will collapse at some point.
I genuinely think the failure of the vaxes is providence.
They did not want massive vax failure. I genuinely think that. It completely undermines it.
Sadly it looks like these vaxxes will create a genuine plague, and kill a terrible amount of people.

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
- England
- Poland
- North macedonia
- Romania & Moldova

I know this is a futile exercise, but lets stay upbeat, keep our options on the table
North Macedonia has one, last I heard. I hope someone can comment on the others––I thought Romania had one as well. To my knowledge Croatia is about to get one.

So far Albania, Armenia, and Poland seem to be holding on.

Outside of the EU I think there are more, but the most "open" ones look to be Nicaragua, Panama, and Mexico.

Insufficientfunds

Sparrow
Other Christian
This evil farce will collapse at some point.
I genuinely think the failure of the vaxes is providence.
They did not want massive vax failure. I genuinely think that. It completely undermines it.
Sadly it looks like these vaxxes will create a genuine plague, and kill a terrible amount of people.
That’s a very optomistic outlook. What makes you think it will collapse? Right now it looks like the (((globalists))) are crushing any resistance like bugs.

hedonist

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I can confirm that Dubai is very popular among German expats. There is a very strong brain-drain going on to these places. Most smart, capable Germans have already realized that things are only getting worse here and are leaving or have already left.

Could you imagine if a decent chunk of the west said enough is enough and could somehow start their own country...China would probably instantly stop spying on the US etc. The real progress would probably be incredible.

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
I can confirm that Dubai is very popular among German expats. There is a very strong brain-drain going on to these places. Most smart, capable Germans have already realized that things are only getting worse here and are leaving or have already left.
How's vaccine passports there?

PolishCalifornian

Robin
Catholic
- England
- Poland
- North macedonia
- Romania & Moldova

Poland does seem to be a viable option given that the Law and Justice government would be committing popolitical suicide to force jabs when a large part, if not the majority of their base are unjabbed. At this stage though I would hold put unless your situation is particularly desperate. It has been about a year since the jabs have been rolled out and we're jumping from one insanity to the next on a week to week basis. I'd see where things shake out by the spring before making any drastic life changes. Obviously winter is the time the globies target for maximum totalitarianism. Last I heard all travelers inbound to the US will need a negative PCR test to enter regardless of jab status. It seems to confirm that everyone who was jabbed is being reverted to square one and treated like the rest of us untouchables. There is no harm in planning of course, a friend in Canada is on leave and basically guaranteed to be fired once that period ends because of his refusal to reveal his un-jabbed status. Unless you live off-grid on a remote farm, places like Canada, Australia and Austria have revealed themselves to be slave states from which free men must flee.

Tradcatholic

Robin
Catholic
North Macedonia has one, last I heard. I hope someone can comment on the others––I thought Romania had one as well. To my knowledge Croatia is about to get one.

So far Albania, Armenia, and Poland seem to be holding on.

Outside of the EU I think there are more, but the most "open" ones look to be Nicaragua, Panama, and Mexico.
Albania and Armenia aren't in the EU. Albania has applied for EU membership, and is waiting for accession. If it succeeds (of course the application was pre-Covid), I expect stricter Covid rules would be applied.

tom

Sparrow
That’s a very optomistic outlook. What makes you think it will collapse? Right now it looks like the (((globalists))) are crushing any resistance like bugs.
Its not that optimistic.

I think these vaxxes will drive the covid to escape completely, and vaxxed peoples immune systems will be so mangled they will start dying in large numbers.
Vandem Bosche thesis.

And the cancer & heart disease will keep getting worse and worse.

I genuinely think neither was planned for to the level we're going to see.
They would not have vaxxed Israel so heavily and early if they did.

I think the system will break down.