Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

fortyfive

Woodpecker
Other Christian
I’ve been in S. America for the last 1.5 years. The novelty has faded to say the least. It’s funny, it’s the little things that weigh on you. S. Americans can’t make a pizza, for example. Every small town in USA has a place with better pizza than any place in S. America. Seems absurd…but it matters.

It’s a million small things that dig you. That’s separate from the daily idiotic, illogical things that happen in LatAm. The people really are brain dead. Nobody trusts anyone (they do listen to the gov’t however- masks)…and it shows in their society.

It’s not a question of $$ or language- I speak Spanish and I don’t have to work to generate $$. For all it’s cultural degeneracies it really is tough to beat USA. We have simply created a society with the best services, standards, and opportunities. And because of that I would say if you’re American your best bet is to stay and find conservative, like-minded individuals.
How's it in the SA regarding personal independence, self-policing each other, and petty everyday requirements compared to the west? There should be supposedly less amount of modern civilization. Do you feel then there also being less restricted than in the west?
Can you live there more "individually", or society there is expecting you to be part of the herd? (and local Govt too).
I'm asking because the EU seems to change to a place pretty dystopic if you are not a covid vaxx believer, and SA was historically an escape room for many.

Dilated

Woodpecker
Other Christian
How's it in the SA regarding personal independence, self-policing each other, and petty everyday requirements compared to the west? There should be supposedly less amount of modern civilization. Do you feel then there also being less restricted than in the west?
Can you live there more "individually", or society there is expecting you to be part of the herd? (and local Govt too).
I'm asking because the EU seems to change to a place pretty dystopic if you are not a covid vaxx believer, and SA was historically an escape room for many.

Seems to be pretty low. Lots of rule enforcing. Seems to be a pervasive distrust in people. There’s almost a general consensus, for example, on mask wearing. Kids play outside with the majority wearing masks. Seems to be a severe lack of general curiosity in the populace- ‘why are we doing this? What’s the objective? Is there a better way to do this?’

fortyfive

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Seems to be pretty low. Lots of rule enforcing. Seems to be a pervasive distrust in people. There’s almost a general consensus, for example, on mask wearing. Kids play outside with the majority wearing masks. Seems to be a severe lack of general curiosity in the populace- ‘why are we doing this? What’s the objective? Is there a better way to do this?’
Many people have the same observation as you. And it seems odd because, from an outside perspective, these ethnicities appear very hot-tempered, disobedient, and prone to revolutions.

BLMeToo

Sparrow
Catholic
Many people have the same observation as you. And it seems odd because, from an outside perspective, these ethnicities appear very hot-tempered, disobedient, and prone to revolutions.
Agreed 10000%. I don't get it at all. My best guess is...globalism. They see the USA and Europe doing it, and now that we live in a globalized world, everyone wants to follow along with the cool kids. Stupid globohomo.

Last edited:

El Draque

Pelican
Orthodox

They've been bred & selected to be a cattle-class ruled over by tiny elites for centuries, in some case maybe millenia.

I got this feeling in the Yucatan, i lived in a village outside a major city there, there were a lot of native descended there. Very mild, very malleable like. Seemed incredibly 'other' to me. Nice people, chilled, at least outwardly, but seemed dumb as a post and ultra compliant.

Could well imagine likes of Cortez getting there, taking one look at that pop, and thinking 'take out the local Alpha, these are just there to be ruled'.

Which is exactly what he did, and then repeated it all over Central and South America.

Bismark_Geist1571

Robin
Catholic
They've been bred & selected to be a cattle-class ruled over by tiny elites for centuries, in some case maybe millenia.

I got this feeling in the Yucatan, i lived in a village outside a major city there, there were a lot of native descended there. Very mild, very malleable like. Seemed incredibly 'other' to me. Nice people, chilled, at least outwardly, but seemed dumb as a post and ultra compliant.

Could well imagine likes of Cortez getting there, taking one look at that pop, and thinking 'take out the local Alpha, these are just there to be ruled'.

Which is exactly what he did, and then repeated it all over Central and South America.

Might be. But it isn't just pureblooded Indians like the ones you mentioned, that behave this way. "White" hispanics, even the descendants of recent European immigrants believe in the narrative hook line and sinker and prefer to listen to corrupt politicians (criminals) rather than the voice of reason. Artificial selection for compliance cannot explain it, not even most of it but it sure helps.

Last edited:

Bismark_Geist1571

Robin
Catholic
Agreed 10000%. I don't get it at all. My best guess is...globalism. They see the USA and Europe doing it, and now that we live in a globalized world, everyone wants to follow along with the cool kids. Stupid globohomo.
That's part of the reason and it mainly applies to the higher classes. In general, what happened (after living in the region for almost ten years) is the following:

They lost their old religion (Catholicism) and it is being replaced with a sort of faith in the state and government, the sort of belief that predated the Spanish conquest. If you want to understand the development I recommend you the book "Del buen Salvaje al Buen revolucionario" (From the good savage to the good revolutionary footsoldier) and you'll understand the modern mindset in most hispanic countries. Don't let the appearances fool you, Christians are a minority here as they are in the "Madre patria" Spain, most of what you see is cultural inertia and they are running out of it.

For all its shortcomings, at least most Hispanics are not Karens and their gov minions are too incompetent and corrupt to organize a piss fest in a brewery; moreover there are still open spaces away from the gov and best of all, in most of these countries you can still enter legally without the shots. But beware, conditions are changing fast , the WEF has its minions in the highest halls of government and unless you have people here, I don't recommend going to any country in the region at this time. And if you are American, you'd better stay in the States and try to find and join likeminded people in the red states.

Of course the big cities are to be avoided in favor of the country but it has its own dangers.

Last edited:

san26

Pigeon
Orthodox
Does anyone have experience with Kyrgyzstan ? I assume the divine liturgy is in Kyrgyz, Russian? Purposes of finding a wife and settling there. I see a lot of positives, poor and lots of land, Orthodox presence, only 15% fully vaccinated, and no quarantine to enter..

Going strong

Crow
Trad Catholic
Gold Member

"Take out the local Alphas"? In the South, no such finesse, historically. It was, take'em all out. Sad, but proven results.

In any case, why do people talk of "South America" as if it was a single identical entity? At the very minimum, talk about the South Cone as a distinct situation and ecosystem.
I mean, what does life in Cali or Guayaquil has to do with life in Buenos Aires or Viña del Mar?

Anyway, about Argentina, there'll be a Covid Health Pass implemented soon, but, only for massive public events like concerts. Also, today the beautiful touristy city of Mar del Plata, has rejected the implementation of such a pass, to protect its tourism industry.

Bismark_Geist1571

Robin
Catholic
"Take out the local Alphas"? In the South, no such finesse, historically. It was, take'em all out. Sad, but proven results.

In any case, why do people talk of "South America" as if it was a single identical entity? At the very minimum, talk about the South Cone as a distinct situation and ecosystem.
I mean, what does life in Cali or Guayaquil has to do with life in Buenos Aires or Viña del Mar?

Anyway, about Argentina, there'll be a Covid Health Pass implemented soon, but, only for massive public events like concerts. Also, today the beautiful touristy city of Mar del Plata, has rejected the implementation of such a pass, to protect its tourism industry.

Interesting. Would be ok if you could tell more about the situation down there? I'm in contact with some Argentinians abroad, some of them recent emigres but there are somewhat conflicting experiences, so to speak.

And you are right, the Southern Cone (Cono Sur) is very different from the rest of Hispanic America. And Brazil is another world but not many are aware of that, Latinamerica is a buzzword, a meaningless term. In the Southern Cone the independent republics tried to exterminate Indians emulating the Americans (Argentina, Paraguay and sometimes Chile) and replicate a European only immigration policies at the end of the 19th century. Their results were...subpar IMHO.

El Draque

Pelican
Orthodox
I always wondered what couldve been had the British, post 1776, focused their energies on taking and colonising Argentina.

Youd have to imagine a bit better job of it than the Spanish.

zetts

Sparrow
Non-Christian
I always wondered what couldve been had the British, post 1776, focused their energies on taking and colonising Argentina.

Youd have to imagine a bit better job of it than the Spanish.
They might have become a 2nd Australia...

Anyone here first hand info on Cambodia regarding masks? When watching videos I see all masks but not sure whether I can just run around without one like I did during my month in Rio where also 95% of people outside the favelas were masked up.

Longterm escape I'm probably going to buy land in Brazil but still waiting for things to play out a bit more, I don't love the idea of living in Brazil. Maybe things could turn in Spain for example, with Madrid paving the way at the moment it seems.

El Draque

Pelican
Orthodox
They might have become a 2nd Australia...

Anyone here first hand info on Cambodia regarding masks? When watching videos I see all masks but not sure whether I can just run around without one like I did during my month in Rio where also 95% of people outside the favelas were masked up.

Longterm escape I'm probably going to buy land in Brazil but still waiting for things to play out a bit more, I don't love the idea of living in Brazil. Maybe things could turn in Spain for example, with Madrid paving the way at the moment it seems.

If you've got residency in Spain, and the funds, i'd just buy a rural property somewhere like Galicia and hunker down. Lovely part of the world. Law abiding, homogeneous population, unlike Brasil. If you've got the money for a decentish place (around 150k eu, can get by on less), then you can maintain a lifestyle that should be able to keep you.

I wouldn't go anywhere near SE Asia as a long term solution. Wouldnt go there at all tbh. They will comply, you will stick out like a sore thumb and have zero rights.

fortyfive

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Chile, 90% at least one dose, 86% fully vaxed. Fourth most vaxxed country in the world. Brazil 78%. Those are insane numbers.

Govt coercion worldwide differ, of course, but still, compare that with, for example, Bosnia 22% fully vaxed or Bulgaria 27%

Mentality matter.

rainy

Pelican
Other Christian
Chile, 90% at least one dose, 86% fully vaxed. Fourth most vaxxed country in the world. Brazil 78%. Those are insane numbers.

Govt coercion worldwide differ, of course, but still, compare that with, for example, Bosnia 22% fully vaxed or Bulgaria 27%

Mentality matter.
The Bulgaria numbers are falsely high.

Many there simply paid for their passport without anything going into their arm.