Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

brimby

Pigeon
Orthodox
Bro don’t go to peru. My wife is Peruvian. We are probably going back to peru in a month (if it’s still possible to enter unvaxxwd) but only to see her family. We will be second class citizens in Lima. You need a carne de vacunación to enter most places in Lima and for many jobs, and double face masks and face shields are STILL required in many malls etc. still need to wear a mask outside. We are prepared to be confined to our apartment when we go and just have people come visit us.

As I’ve said before , in peru the state has complete control over the people and there is large police presence that enforced the Covid rules, I saw basically 0 disobedience when I was there in 2020-2021.

Unless you’re going to some rural place , avoid Peru. And even then I am worried they will just close the borders on a whim like they did last year and we will be trapped.

Why did you choose peru?
Thanks for this. Sounds like a nightmare i was close to heading Peru since its open to unvaxxed but I think I am going to stay in Madrid for a couple more months.
I've been there before, we chose peru because Mexico is closing it's doors now to foreigners. Once our 6 months is up we will not be able to renew again.

Outside the city here they just found a bunch of trash bags with body parts in them, Mexico is famous for that. I'll take a corrupt police presence over that any day. If they close the borders on us, even better.. we will have a legit reason to stay. The difference between having a mask to enter most places and being able to buy food in a local street market is a big deal. In Canada, very soon, it will pass that you need to show a QR to buy food / access a bank and there aren't really any places to get food or money otherwise. In the best case scenario, I'm quite certain that I will become a criminal upon arriving at home, with many people on reddit/canada already calling for imprisonment and death of the unvaxxed. You can bet Normal Canadians are all for it too.

I have no problems wearing a mask and blending in to a crowd. I DO have issues with not being able to purchase food or medicine and I don't intend to walk around with a QR code attached to my side. I'll pay someone 10k to take a vax for us if it comes down to that. I will not be raising children only to have them taken away from me and stuck into forced indoctrination camps where they come out questioning what gender they are. I will certainly not stand for that and I'm willing to take up arms against anyone that tries. I don't want to go back home because I'm quite certain the death penalty will be leveled against me for war crimes that will make Hitler look like the Polkaroo. When we go back to Canada, it will be to fight. I don't think you realize the gravity of the situation. The missus and I are taking a vacation before we go radioactive.
Where did you read Mexico is closing the border to foreigners? Can you point me to something that says as much? when do they plan to do that as I believe that is my next stop.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
They are not closing the borders. They're stamping unusually short stays now, instead of usual 180 days and want proof shown of how many days one will be staying in Mexico.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Catholic
So far, from reading about the world in this thread, it still seems that deep red states are the best places to live as a free man or woman.

I am in agreement. Currently, most of Canada is worse off then the deepest of blue states (California).

The counter to this is that the US is a lynchpin in this whole situation. It is the holy grail so to speak for the globalists, so as things escalate, they must by definition escalate in the US more so than other countries.

For better or worse, USA doesn't have the appeal of "waiting it out somewhere neutral".

OhHeyCindy

Sparrow
Catholic
Thanks for this. Sounds like a nightmare i was close to heading Peru since its open to unvaxxed but I think I am going to stay in Madrid for a couple more months.

Where did you read Mexico is closing the border to foreigners? Can you point me to something that says as much? when do they plan to do that as I believe that is my next stop.
I took some friends to Machu Pichu last June /July when they were there for my wedding. There was a bunch of employees there whose only job was to scream at tourists to not take their mask off for photos (all outside). That is a good microcosm of life under Covid rule in peru lol

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Peru:
Must vax or test for domestic travel, must wear KN95 or double mask one being surgical, sounds like fun.
From December 15, 2021, all passengers older than 18 years of age using commercial transportation to travel domestically via air must present proof of vaccination to travel. If they are not fully vaccinated, they must present a molecular test with a negative result (within 72 hours)  prior to boarding their domestic flight.
KN95 masks are required. If you do not have a KN95, double masking is mandatory, with one of the masks being a surgical mask, the other can either be cloth or surgical as well.

Lima airport:
Every passenger must carry a disposable surgical mask at all times, face shield or safety glasses, besides presenting your identity card and passport (in case of international flights), boarding pass (printed or electronic) or flight reservation.
Do not forget to wear your face mask and face shield at all times.

People reported having to wear N95 masks + face shields on their flight to Peru several months ago.

OnTheRun

Banned
Protestant
This is still better than Vaxxport only. Considering Canada is full lockdown/mandatory vaxx coming, I'll roll the dice in South America. KN95's are what we wear here, they are not the same as the N95's which you can't breathe in at all. I'm used to wearing them at work to block out the smell of well... old people so this isn't a big deal. Most people here wear the mask under the nose or under the chin.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Some of us don't ever wear masks... one can avoid them in other countries, and even in Latin America there're less restrictive countries, Peru sounds like the top candidate for next vax mandate with all that face shields + special mask stuff.

OnTheRun

Banned
Protestant
Some of us don't ever wear masks... one can avoid them in other countries, and even in Latin America there're less restrictive countries, Peru sounds like the top candidate for next vax mandate with all that face shields + special mask stuff.
Well if you know of other countries that can convert a tourist visa into a work/residency visa, I'd be interested in knowing because at present Peru is the only one we are aware of that does that.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Well if you know of other countries that can convert a tourist visa into a work/residency visa, I'd be interested in knowing because at present Peru is the only one we are aware of that does that.
Paraguay, they convert. They have regular mask mandate for public buses, just like most countries, that's about it, means one can wear a cheesecloth mask, neither they require a test for internal travel. They seem to be on the less restrictive side. Peru has something bizarre going with those requirements.
Serbia in Eastern Europe.

magaman

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
I am sometimes worried that nothing will happen.
Things will just keep getting worse and the average Joe will just keep getting jabs just to go on ski holidays.
Even if things change the people that caused all this unnecessary suffering will just get away unpunished.
Yeah, pretty much. Cthulhu always swims left.

Dilated

Woodpecker
Other Christian

Ecuador 2 year temporary visa is quite easy provided you can prove income of more than $400/mo. from non-wage sources (dividends, pension, rental income, etc.).

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Ecuador 2 year temporary visa is quite easy provided you can prove income of more than $400/mo. from non-wage sources (dividends, pension, rental income, etc.).
One has to be vaxed to enter Equador now, at least Americans according to official embassy info. Anyway, they made a new law making it clear won't tolerate unvaxed foreigners (to remove foreigners who're threat to public health) and they mandated the vax for all too, though for now did not announce any punishments. Some expats are leaving. There's vax passport to enter shops, cafes, too. Many Americans cancelled their trips to Ecuador.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Bosnia and Herzegovina. The life there is the same as pre Covid. Some mask wearing present in the capital, but rest of the country nothing.
And they have one of the lowest vax rates outside of Africa, only around 25%.
What are the grounds for granting 1-year temp residence permit there other than employment? They also have long stay visas for up to 1 year but not clear what is the basis for long stays.
They might issue temp residence based on real estate but says it's rare and requires extra evidence of ties to the county.
Not clear if one can live based on registering own company.

iop890

Peacock
Orthodox
Gold Member
Checking in on the stabbie map again, it looks like Armenia is no longer a stand out with extremely low rates, now up to 32% vaxxed. Bulgaria(27%), Ukraine(33%), and Georgia(37%) are still looking relatively good, Romania seems to have maxed out at ~40% ages ago and isn't increasing anymore. Serbia did the same but at ~50%. Russia and Belarus are also at ~50%.

I'm still liking Georgia myself and have no plans to leave, settling in in fact. I also haven't thought too much about backups because I imagine in a hypothetical situation where Georgia was kicking me out I'd probably also be kicked out of everywhere else, and would just move near a monastery in the US. I suppose Romania would be my second choice in theory though.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Checking in on the stabbie map again, it looks like Armenia is no longer a stand out with extremely low rates, now up to 32% vaxxed. Bulgaria(27%), Ukraine(33%), and Georgia(37%) are still looking relatively good, Romania seems to have maxed out at ~40% ages ago and isn't increasing anymore. Serbia did the same but at ~50%. Russia and Belarus are also at ~50%.

I'm still liking Georgia myself and have no plans to leave, settling in in fact. I also haven't thought too much about backups because I imagine in a hypothetical situation where Georgia was kicking me out I'd probably also be kicked out of everywhere else, and would just move near a monastery in the US. I suppose Romania would be my second choice in theory though.
Just type "Belarus vaccination rate" in google and see the chart...it's going up at 45 degree angle, while most other countries are flat now.
This is probably a mix of people being forced at work and wanting to travel to EU.
In Romania, they have vax passport system to go any places, I think someone said even to go into government office, and they just banned textile masks and mandated outside too. If you do "Romania vaccination rate" chart, see that jump in October? That's when mandates were put in place.
In Serbia it's 48% with one dose but they're barely injecting anyone since June, it's flat.

Last edited:

magaman

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
I’m starting to get the idea that there really isn’t or won’t be anywhere to escape COVID tyranny. Same thing with vaccine mandates. There are loopholes and many places with lax enforcement for the time being but I shudder to think of where we will be 5 years from now.. or even 1 year from now. They’re already building internment camps here in the USA, if you can believe that.