Where to escape coronavirus lockdowns/tyranny?

iop890

Peacock
Orthodox
Gold Member
Just type "Belarus vaccination rate" in google and see the chart...it's going up at 45 degree angle, while most other countries are flat now.
This is probably a mix of people being forced at work and wanting to travel to EU.
In Romania, they have vax passport system to go any places, I think someone said even to go into government office, and they just banned textile masks and mandated outside too. If you do "Romania vaccination rate" chart, see that jump in October? That's when mandates were put in place.
In Serbia it's 48% with one dose but they're barely injecting anyone since June, it's flat.

Interesting. I haven't been keeping up with restrictions in Romania, just listed it as a possible second choice based on Orthodoxy and vax rates. Realistically for me it's likely either going to be Georgia forever or back to the US.

I've decided that Georgia is worth being away from extended family and learning a new language for, but there may not be any other countries that are from my perspective.

brimby

Pigeon
Orthodox
I’m starting to get the idea that there really isn’t or won’t be anywhere to escape COVID tyranny. Same thing with vaccine mandates. There are loopholes and many places with lax enforcement for the time being but I shudder to think of where we will be 5 years from now.. or even 1 year from now. They’re already building internment camps here in the USA, if you can believe that.

My strategy is this lasts until 2025 and what I will do is avoid the worst until that time. If I can make it to 2025 then I feel like I will have relief.

I will be staying in Madrid for the next couple of months. Anyone know about Croatia?

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Interesting. I haven't been keeping up with restrictions in Romania, just listed it as a possible second choice based on Orthodoxy and vax rates. Realistically for me it's likely either going to be Georgia forever or back to the US.

I've decided that Georgia is worth being away from extended family and learning a new language for, but there may not be any other countries that are from my perspective.
Since Georgia has vax passport now, I bet you can just show them some "US cdc card" and some printout in English with QR code and this would do it for a foreigner. Georgians are very good at avoiding the government, I wonder if they're enforcing this passport now of if many businesses just quietly opted out of it.
I'm not sure how much mask wearing is going in Georgia. In the US red states it's varies from 0 to 50% (indoors) but for sure no one will try to force you, except in some government organizations. Major local supermarket tried to "offer" a mask on entry 3 months ago, I really told them what I thought about it, I suspect I was not the only one - have not seen them trying again. There're announcements played on loudspeakers in another big supermarket that they require masks from unvaxed and ask vaxed to wear them too, but no one cares.
I usually say something very loud for everyone to hear about what I think about vax/masks when they play this.

Last edited:

iop890

Peacock
Orthodox
Gold Member
Since Georgia has vax passport now, I bet you can just show them some "US cdc card" and some printout in English with QR code and this would do it for a foreigner. Georgians are very good at avoiding the government, I wonder if they're enforcing this passport now of if many businesses just quietly opted out of it.
I'm not sure how much mask wearing is going in Georgia. In the US red states it's varies from 0 to 50% (indoors) but for sure no one will try to force you, except in some government organizations. Major local supermarket tried to "offer" a mask on entry 3 months ago, I really told them what I thought about it, I suspect I was not the only one - have not seen them trying again. There're announcements played on loudspeakers in another big supermarket that they require masks from unvaxed and ask vaxed to wear them too, but no one cares.
I usually say something very loud for everyone to hear about what I think about vax/masks when they play this.

It's not being enforced at all really. Our priest told us not to even download the vax-pass app and it hasn't affected my life at all. Most restaurants don't want to turn away two thirds of their customers.

Masks are worn on public transit, supermarkets, at some restaurants, etc. Exact percentage varies based on location, my neighborhood it's pretty low but in expat heavy areas you're of course more likely to see it.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
It's not being enforced at all really. Our priest told us not to even download the vax-pass app and it hasn't affected my life at all. Most restaurants don't want to turn away two thirds of their customers.

Masks are worn on public transit, supermarkets, at some restaurants, etc. Exact percentage varies based on location, my neighborhood it's pretty low but in expat heavy areas you're of course more likely to see it.
That sounds good. Do they not enforce in Tbilisi too? I hope one can avoid masks completely by only going to small grocery stores.
I was told that in Romania there's real vax passport enforcement and people run into big difficulties like not being able to go to good food stores as these are inside shopping centres or not being able to get into government office - in cities, at least.

presidentcarter

Ostrich
Protestant
Gold Member
My strategy is this lasts until 2025 and what I will do is avoid the worst until that time. If I can make it to 2025 then I feel like I will have relief.

I will be staying in Madrid for the next couple of months. Anyone know about Croatia?
And in 2025 what happens? We go back to the 90s?

We're only going to fall further into sin and degeneracy in the coming years so even if you're overweight optimism, I'd not neglect some level of preparation for other eventualities.

OnTheRun

Banned
Protestant
Whatever is in the vaccines is probably going to be showing itself shortly, I think that's why they are pushing up the mandates now. Get everyone ready for the main event. I think the left is drastically underestimating the response.

I'm going to wager that Afghanistan is still open to the unvaccinated.

iop890

Peacock
Orthodox
Gold Member
That sounds good. Do they not enforce in Tbilisi too? I hope one can avoid masks completely by only going to small grocery stores.
I was told that in Romania there's real vax passport enforcement and people run into big difficulties like not being able to go to good food stores as these are inside shopping centres or not being able to get into government office - in cities, at least.

I'm in Tbilisi. I've heard in Kutaisi and Batumi enforcement is lower as you'd expect. And of course in villages no one cares about masks or passes.

The vax pass doesn't apply to stores here anyway, so you can always get into them. I haven't been to the mall in a while but I heard they left it up to individual stores inside to check for passes, so going to the supermarket or clothing stores should be no problem as the passes aren't required at those places anyway. It would just be the restaurants that would in theory by checking.

You can avoid masks all together by shopping at markets, or finding a Nikora/Spar where the workers don't care, and by avoiding public transit. I go maskless in the metro regularly without issue, it's actually the buses where some old lady will start yelling and the embarrassed attendant will reluctantly ask you to put a mask on.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
I'm in Tbilisi. I've heard in Kutaisi and Batumi enforcement is lower as you'd expect. And of course in villages no one cares about masks or passes.

The vax pass doesn't apply to stores here anyway, so you can always get into them. I haven't been to the mall in a while but I heard they left it up to individual stores inside to check for passes, so going to the supermarket or clothing stores should be no problem as the passes aren't required at those places anyway. It would just be the restaurants that would in theory by checking.

You can avoid masks all together by shopping at markets, or finding a Nikora/Spar where the workers don't care, and by avoiding public transit. I go maskless in the metro regularly without issue, it's actually the buses where some old lady will start yelling and the embarrassed attendant will reluctantly ask you to put a mask on.
Sounds like less enforcement in Georgia than in other countries. That's what I'd expect knowing Georgians.
Seems like mountain resorts and hotels in Georgia must require green pass. I wonder if hotels enforce this, if traveling I'd definitely want to have access to hotels, as short-term rentals sometimes fall through at the last moment and nowhere to go.
In some places in EE they have a guard checking both QR code and ID document on entrance to the mall (where the grocery store is), and then cashiers in all stores inside check QR code too, but there're usually other grocery options and street sellers.

brimby

Pigeon
Orthodox
And in 2025 what happens? We go back to the 90s?

We're only going to fall further into sin and degeneracy in the coming years so even if you're overweight optimism, I'd not neglect some level of preparation for other eventualities.
Im simply talking about the pressure of getting the vaccine. Nothing else.

All the degeneracy and other problems will exist and need to prepare for separately.

brimby

Pigeon
Orthodox
I'm in Portugal at the moment, they are fully into the covid narrative, there are free covid tests sites essentially on every corner.

I was astonished when checking into an apartment the old coot of an owner wanted my gf to be boosted, im sorry but she is considered full vaxxed what does it matter what you want?

I went to sit down at a completely outdoor place to eat and they wanted to see the vax cert. So you are telling me if I stand next to this outdoor table I need a mask but no vax cert but if I sit in the chair I need a vax cert but no mask? ok.. this was not a regular thing though just this one place.

It's not the worst I must admit, a lot of people aren't wearing masks outside but I am very keen to get back to Spain, they don't care about vax cert when dining outside and in Madrid it is non existent for everything. Heading back in a couple of days.

I can tolerate wearing a mask indoors but nothing more than that.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
US land border stations are supposed to stop allowing any unvaxed foreigners in, from Canada included, starting Jan 22; for now they allow unvaxed but essential travel only which of course can be easily "proven", but it'll be harder with vax requirement (though I think still doable as they don't have global electronic vax ID...yet)

Here they describe organized groups that "coyotes" take into the US from Canada, in vehicles, then on foot, and there's a pickup vehicle on another side. The article is about a family who broke off such group by accident and got frozen to death.
Obviously, crossing in the dead of the winter (not the best choice of time) requires preparedness and winter survival skills, good navigation equipment or skills.
Being in the US and keeping in mind that unguarded Mexico border might become the only escape option from here if they do airline/rail mandates, good to stay fresh on desert survival skills.

Easy_C

Peacock
Whatever is in the vaccines is probably going to be showing itself shortly, I think that's why they are pushing up the mandates now. Get everyone ready for the main event. I think the left is drastically underestimating the response.

I'm going to wager that Afghanistan is still open to the unvaccinated.

Being in the US and keeping in mind that unguarded Mexico border might become the only escape option from here if they do airline/rail mandates, good to stay fresh on desert survival skills.

I've already made a recommendation that I'll repeat. Live in a gulf state area (like near Tampa) and get a boat. If you can't afford it yourself find a like minded friend or two to pool with (I think we have a few on here) and know how to use it. There's plenty of sailboats with have surprisingly long ranges without a massive amount of fuel. That way you'll have relatively easy access to a large number of jurisdictions (including Mexico) without ever hitting a physical checkpoint and you've got relatively good odds of being able to leave without being stopped.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
I've already made a recommendation that I'll repeat. Live in a gulf state area (like near Tampa) and get a boat. If you can't afford it yourself find a like minded friend or two to pool with (I think we have a few on here) and know how to use it. There's plenty of sailboats with have surprisingly long ranges without a massive amount of fuel. That way you'll have relatively easy access to a large number of jurisdictions (including Mexico) without ever hitting a physical checkpoint and you've got relatively good odds of being able to leave without being stopped.

The easiest for me would be to just head to Tijuana by car or foot crossing. But if Mexico starts requiring vax at their land border, I'd cross on foot somewhere in the local desert I guess.
I do have some sailing skills back from childhood, anyway, seaworthy boats cost a lot now, desert is free :)
No one would try to stop a sailboat from leaving in the US waters, but I'm not sure what might happen once you reach Mexico shores, if they have border patrol.

Last edited:

greenwolf

Woodpecker
Protestant
The easiest for me would be to just head to Tijuana by car or foot crossing. But if Mexico starts requiring vax at their land border, I'd cross on foot somewhere in the local desert I guess.
I do have some sailing skills back from childhood, anyway, seaworthy boats cost a lot now, desert is free :)
No one would try to stop a sailboat from leaving in the US waters, but I'm not sure what might happen once you reach Mexico shores, if they have border patrol.
mexico just scrapped even the silly health form for entry. So seems solid there still.
I took a white pill today and see promising signs the whole covid party comes to an end due to resistance and non compliance.

COtrailrider

Sparrow
Gnostic or New Age
mexico just scrapped even the silly health form for entry. So seems solid there still.
I took a white pill today and see promising signs the whole covid party comes to an end due to resistance and non compliance.
Yep I'm currently writing an article about how the entire narrative is collapsing. White Pills are being dispensed from me for all that'll listen.

magaman

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
I went to Mexico just recently and it’s the same as always; No problems walking across into Mexico from the USA. Probably the easiest country in the world to walk into right now but getting back into the USA is the tricky part. Surprisingly nothing about COVID or the vax passports ever came up on either side but even for “essential travel” they ask a lot of questions and if they don’t like your answers, they will pull you aside for more questioning.

Elipe

Pelican
Protestant
One thing I would is that it hasn't worked out quite like the doomers on this forum have predicted. Lots were imagining a winter of mass deaths and lockdowns returning.
Bro, we're not the doomers here. That's been the Biden narrative, that people will get very sick this winter and need the mandates and lockdowns again.

We're the ones calling BS on that. And surprise, surprise... it was BS.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
I went to Mexico just recently and it’s the same as always; No problems walking across into Mexico from the USA. Probably the easiest country in the world to walk into right now but getting back into the USA is the tricky part. Surprisingly nothing about COVID or the vax passports ever came up on either side but even for “essential travel” they ask a lot of questions and if they don’t like your answers, they will pull you aside for more questioning.
What do you mean, what kind of questions? Is this an attempt to get you to pay them?
I know on Mexico side they now often want to see proof of reservations of where you're going to stay for the duration they will put into the visa.

Bactriancowboy

Pigeon
Other Christian
Hows our immigrants to eastern europe doing? I know a couple of you have relocated to Belarus/Georgia/Serbia.

Currently in NZ, thinking about moving to the UK as my wife is English and theyve scrapped the covid measures. Do you guys think this is a short-term pullback? I can’t imagine it could be much worse than here. Max mask compliance and our version of green pass, havent technically been allowed into bars restaurants etc for about six months. It’s easy to circumvent but I think God gave me a hint that I’m not supposed to be sneaking around these measures by lying. Fair enough.