Whether or not you would let your kids hang out with a family headed by a gay couple

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman
Demons can be passed down through the generations. Also, in general, one's demons tend to affect not just oneself but also those who one interacts with on a daily basis.
"Having an understanding of epigenetics, we no longer have to be victims of predetermined genetic codes.
Spiritually speaking – we don’t have to live under the curse and subject our children to it.
Because of the Cross, the generational curses in our family can be broken.
Science is merely discovering these powerful biblical truths.
Being under grace, we can choose to turn the tide of generational curses to blessings.
As Dr. Doug Weiss, a marriage counselor, said, “Don’t think of it as a battle you’re just fighting for yourself. You’re fighting for the very lineage that God gave you."

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
There is a lot of things wrong within Disney.
With everything going on and all the discussions about cultural rot and influence, it amazes me there are still those commenting here who can't see the obvious threats. The Devil doesn't show up at your doorstep with horns and a pitch fork.

Disney is the classic wolf in sheep's clothing attempting to influence your kids through "harmless entertainment." I don't know that Walt Disney himself set it up that way, but he's been dead for decades and the people in charge are exactly the same ones trying to normalize sodomy and eventually, pedophilia.

New readers need only to do a search and read a few posts if they want to confirm this.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
QFT I really hate that garbage. It's taken me a while but I'm getting better at putting my foot down when it comes to degeneracy.

I do find if you make things clear on what you expect from people (i.e. respect) you're more likely to get it. That goes for capitulating as well. The sooner you stand up for what's right, the easier it is for people to accept, and if they don't accept it, they know where the door is.

This is certainly true, but the difference is that active homosexuality is completely unnatural and can't be made right. Divorced and celibate, civilly remarried living as brother and sister, these are acceptable though not ideal. Heterosexual fornicators are at least not unnatural and can be made right with a proper marriage. Not so for active and unrepentant homosexuals.
The Muslims have a huge advantage here, as immigrants (often), usually as non whites, and as Islamic practitioners. They can push back and receive little opposition. Ditto for Hasidic Jews. Christians of all persuasions for some reason are expected to capitulate - usually to liberals, often spouting liberal Jewish talking points. What makes it more frustrating is Christians don't have moral codes that are very far off, we've just gotten so bad at enforcing them to the point where we have serious conversations about whether or not to expose your kids to homosexuality as some kind of teaching point.

Alas, the decadent forces are already doing what they can to break down morals of the Muslims too, but if it happens, will take more time.

And to answer an earlier question, they probably wouldn't let their kids hang around a house where the parents live like overgrown modern teenagers either.

fortyfive

Sparrow
Many years ago I learned a principle from one very wise, successful, lifetime old Christian man, that helped me many times.

When you are finding yourself living in some extremity or have an extreme viewpoint on something, or people and situation are pushing you to be extreme, then the solution isn't falling to the opposite side of the extremity.

The solution is to return to normal.
Most people act by the principle "Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures".
No. In order to bring things back to normalcy, we must behave normally, not being in another extreme.

But what constitutes normality?
I believe the Bible is the standard of normality.
Of course, Satan and the world are having their different version of normality and many people are choosing to live by it.
But for Christians, having Bible is a huge advantage because God already revealed in His Word, what He thinks about almost any subject in human life. (all important topics are covered).

For example, we are in a situation where we must deal with a close person who is homosexual.
Biblical viewpoint on this matter is very different from the modern worldview and we are trapped in the dilemma of what to do.
We want to be loyal to God's Word but also avoid conflict and causing no harm to a close person.

And we choose.

Most people prefer the first extreme position. Endless tolerance.
This position is comfortable. No conflict, no one is labeling us a homophobe, and our gay friend is happy because we are not like "those other Christian bigots".
Deep inside we know that we are in conflict with Bible, but doesn't Bible teaching us to love our neighbor?
And we think that we are showing love and favor to our friend.
But the opposite is true. Our tolerant position only validates his lifestyle.
And actually, by hiding the truth we are moving him away from salvation. No need to repent, when everyone agrees with his lifestyle.

Then maybe another extreme position is better. Judging. Total withdrawal. Cut off.
Doesn't Bible teaching us "to have anything common with sinners?"
And we are abandoning him. But now we have also abandoned our chance to showing him the truth and bringing him closest to salvation.
And we don't want him to end in hell.
Then what?

The best solution is to be normal. By Biblical standard.
We should make clear to ourselves what is our stance on this matter with the Bible as the main arbitrator. And this stance would serve us as protection and a solid base against the temptation to make compromises later. We shouldn't reveal to others, especially nonbelievers our exact position and rules. No obligation and no need. We are responsible to God, not to worldly people. We would act toward others by our rules, and they will see only our actions, not an explanation.

But what about our gay friend or family relative? How to interact with him?

Normally. Avoid extremity.
If he is behaving normally (we determine what is normal for us, not him) then we could proceed with a normal, polite conversation, without judging and screening.
If he will want to know our stance on his lifestyle, then we could tell him normally, politely our opinion. That we disagree with his lifestyle, but we are not judging him. We wish him to find out what we found already in God.
We wishing him salvation and eternal life.
And even when your ways become later separate, he will remember you as a non-judgmental person, who wished him a good life. His remembrance of Christianity would be good.

But what if despite our politeness he becomes offended because we disapprove of his lifestyle?
Then it is his problem, not ours. We were polite and clear and we can have any opinion about anything. Outraging and accusing doesn't change our belief.
His unacceptable behavior only causes the end of the conversation and keeping distance.
But even then we should remain civil. And he will remember us as a reasonable personality.

And we should live before him as an example of a good life. We should show him, look: Christianity is actually the best lifestyle in the world.
It is better to live under God's mercifulness than anything the world can offer.

And then once, perhaps when he will found himself desperate and tired in the dark valley, he would remember God because of you and he will begin seeking Him.

Jen18

Pigeon
Woman
This is not meant to be a religious-based answer, but rather an answer focused on moral standards and values of privacy.

If a relationship is based on homosexual behaviour than the purpose is to fulfil desires of the flesh through [extreme indulgence in bodily pleasures and especially sexual pleasures].

Intimacy between two consenting (hopefully married) adults is to be a private act of love, not a declaration to identify oneself as an individual (LGB). How is identification related to this topic well when a child questions biology (how babies are made) it can be rather confusing to see two homosexual individuals raising a child. The conversation turns from biological facts to justifying sexual deviance. There is nothing private about homosexual couples because of how they identify as an individual - through sexual behaviour / attraction.

Children are often a reflection of his or her parents. A mother has a right to vet who is around her child, and what type of peer influence could occur.

I wrote this with a mindset of two homosexual males, but I wonder what else I would have wrote if it were two lesbians. Why? Because women are to be God's handmaids with children.
I'd like to hear your take on two lesbians. My sister lives with another woman and had children via IVF. I struggle greatly with how much to hang out with my sister and HER children (hers biologically with a donor.)

Jen18

Pigeon
Woman
You know, the older I get I realize how many people I've been friends with due to circumstance, when in reality one can be friends, or not be friends, for any reason. I don't really get along with women who are really into Disney, day drinking, reality shows et al. I don't think they shouldn't exist, or don't have a right to exist, but I think their interests are dumb and I don't want to spend any time around them. I also don't like spending time around gays in general. They do not share any of my values. If I do meet a rare "conservative" type (which in reality are more libertarian-- I grew up around libertarians hahah I am familiar with the rhetoric), I can get along, but do I want them to be a close friend? No. Why would I have to make a hypothetical scenerio where we're great friends or that I'm missing out?

So I would tell somebody who's knee-deep in propaganda that I would judge them according the same standards that I would a straight couple. That's true!
Agreed on all sentiments, but what if that "friend" is your own sister?

Rob Banks

Pelican

The priests in our churches are mostly gay
You realize you're promoting a book by gay acticist Frederic Martel, right?

This is pure anti-Catholic propaganda coming from modernist liberals and homosexual activists.

Ah_Tibor

Robin
Woman
You realize you're promoting a book by gay acticist Frederic Martel, right?

This is pure anti-Catholic propaganda coming from modernist liberals and homosexual activists.

My childhood (Orthodox) priest, who was a former Catholic priest and military chaplain, is on a sex offender registry. He got kicked out of the diocese, many others don't. The Catholics have a tendency to shuffle people around. Orthodox tend to hush-hush ("that's just a rumor!") until something breaks into the open.

Schools often have the same issue (that few people talk about). I don't think pointing that out makes one anti-education.

Ah_Tibor

Robin
Woman
Agreed on all sentiments, but what if that "friend" is your own sister?

I dunno. Do you want a better relationship with her? We often put up with things from family that we wouldn't from friends-- and I think that's ok, honestly, assuming the person in question isn't hurting you and is equally interested in a relationship.

I have a fairly good relationship with my brother, so I think the sibling bond is special, but it could be different for everyone.

get2choppaaa

Pelican
The fact that people think I'm offended because I'm pressing them to consider a more principally and morally complex situation/different perspective than they have previously is funny. I am used to this - so let me be clear: I'm not offended and I'm not taking any of this personally.

Libertarian? No. I'm used these assumptions as well, but I don't understand them. Do you think I mentioned that he likes guns because I think that will win him brownie points or negate that he's gay? No - the point is not that he has cool hobbies and the correct stance on gun control so whatever, to heck with the fact that he's gay. The point is that the only things my kids ever see him doing are not "gay" things. They are usually very constructive/valuable skill type things. That's all I was saying. :)

I know you don't know him. That's why I explained the situation. So that other people can consider, based on the assumption that the things I say are true, what they might do or how they might feel in a hypothetically similar situation.

Well, first of all... even children who HAVE fathers who are very present in their lives... still spend time and do activities with their other family members, right? I'm talking about taking the kids out to grandma and grandpa's house occasionally for like, a family bonfire and s'mores and shooting soda cans -- does that really warrant a "WHERE IS THE FATHER?" Is that NOT a fairly normal thing that other families also do? :oops::hmm:

(In terms of firearms specifically, my brother is the only person in the immediate family who owns and shoots guns. The kids' father is not against guns, but he has less experience shooting than I do - which is not much, and FAR less interest. My husband (kids' stepdad) is competent to teach the basics but has not done any shooting in years. Both my kids' dad AND my husband now have independently suggested to me that my brother would be a valuable resource if I want the kids to learn the basics of gun safety, shooting, cleaning, maintenance, etc.)

I've written about my kids' father (my first husband) a bit elsewhere, but the quick rundown of that situation is that he'd be the worst influence in their lives most of the time, if he hadn't elected to moved hundreds of miles away several years ago. Their father provides a useful point of contrast in this conversation, because HE'S the person I worry about exposing the kids to sexual degeneracy. HE is the person who bragged openly to his family about doing something sexual with another dude, like, just a few years ago - for shock value and so he could accuse them of bigotry and intolerance when they didn't want to hear about it, I'm sure.

Do I get to keep the kids away from him? Nope. I can only allow him to be as voluntarily absent as he pleases, and help my boys to understand that many of the things their father seems proud of are things that actually hurt him. :(

(Please, also, don't assume that I have a personal stance of NEVER speaking to my brother about his sins, on principle, because I think that would be wrong or whatever. A lot of people DO feel that way, but this is not the case for me. What IS the case is that I have no business doing that at this point in time - not to mention no framework whatsoever for doing it. I have only barely begun to get my own feet going along the right path.)

Good thread, tho.
Your situation sounds very messy.

You are making a lot 9f qualifying and equivocating statements. I am not sure I can help you anymore with out sounding condescending but I'll try as below:

I, like you, am unfortunately having to deal with a messy situation as a result of poor life choices in my youth and military career... believe me it is very messy also and I too deal wiht the factor of what goes on at the other house... I've been divorced and gotten remarried to a woman who was willing to become a catechumen with me and raise our children from preexisting marriages in The Church. I know a thing about raising kids and shielding them from external influence while also dealing with family that has counter values glorifyed among members therein.

All my point was is that that the person who's role is the father (biological dad or not) should be shown deference to these things.

While your response provided clarification I am not sure if I think you get the point..and I get the sense that you feel you know best and are beyond reproach.

I read a lot of defensive commentary and clarification in your posts... You might be better served consulting a priest instead of an online forum.

You're brother is probably fine. Go ahead... You seem like the type that wants to prove a point over considering the ramifications of being wrong.

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
The real issue is that so many "conservative" Christian families knows some fag or hedonist.
An alcoholic can be sober yes, and it is a problem that can be worked on. Many people grab the bottle, considering the madness we live in, it's understandable.
Worst case scenario, you left a bottle of rum in the closet and he (alco) finds it, drinks it, falls on the floor and the kids laugh, call a taxi for home and that's it. (personal experience)

A homo? You can't leave them alone with your children when you're not looking! YOUR CHILDREN will be the temptation!

get2choppaaa

Pelican
The real issue is that so many "conservative" Christian families knows some fag or hedonist.
An alcoholic can be sober yes, and it is a problem that can be worked on. Many people grab the bottle, considering the madness we live in, it's understandable.
Worst case scenario, you left a bottle of rum in the closet and he (alco) finds it, drinks it, falls on the floor and the kids laugh, call a taxi for home and that's it. (personal experience)

A homo? You can't leave them alone with your children when you're not looking! YOUR CHILDREN will be the temptation!
I think this is a more or less apropos caricature of the argument at large.

As a parent you have to shield your children from what you can. Where is the cut off from /what is acceptable exposure seems to be the argument.

Degeneracy exists among all of life... Where you want to make excuses and for which allowances and under what reasoning is based off of your spiritual depth.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
All my point was is that that the person who's role is the father (biological dad or not) should be shown deference to these things.
Well, obviously. And my point was that you seem to assume that there is or was a lack of such deference in these particular matters that I mentioned, and there never was any such thing.
While your response provided clarification I am not sure if I think you get the point..and I get the sense that you feel you know best and are beyond reproach.

I read a lot of defensive commentary and clarification in your posts... You might be better served consulting a priest instead of an online forum.

You're brother is probably fine. Go ahead... You seem like the type that wants to prove a point over considering the ramifications of being wrong.
Know best? Beyond reproach? Did you think I was asking for advice? I am not.

Defense and clarification is what you do when you share your perspective with people who have differing perspectives. I AM interested in what people have to say about all of the various principles involved (which is why I tossed my situation and perspective out there for hypothetical consideration) - but no, I am not asking The Internets if I should shun my brother. Nor am I asking for permission to not shun my brother.

If/when the time arises to seek such counsel - yes, I will consult a priest and not the internet. I was actually going to mention this earlier, but did not want to sound condescending myself. ;)

get2choppaaa

Pelican
Well, obviously. And my point was that you seem to assume that there is or was a lack of such deference in these particular matters that I mentioned, and there never was any such thing.

Know best? Beyond reproach? Did you think I was asking for advice? I am not.

Defense and clarification is what you do when you share your perspective with people who have differing perspectives. I AM interested in what people have to say about all of the various principles involved (which is why I tossed my situation and perspective out there for hypothetical consideration) - but no, I am not asking The Internets if I should shun my brother. Nor am I asking for permission to not shun my brother.

If/when the time arises to seek such counsel - yes, I will consult a priest and not the internet. I was actually going to mention this earlier, but did not want to sound condescending myself. ;)
Alright. I think I am now wasting my own time.

God bless you.

God bless your children.

You should consult a priest. I bow out

With everything going on and all the discussions about cultural rot and influence, it amazes me there are still those commenting here who can't see the obvious threats. The Devil doesn't show up at your doorstep with horns and a pitch fork.

Disney is the classic wolf in sheep's clothing attempting to influence your kids through "harmless entertainment." I don't know that Walt Disney himself set it up that way, but he's been dead for decades and the people in charge are exactly the same ones trying to normalize sodomy and eventually, pedophilia.

New readers need only to do a search and read a few posts if they want to confirm this.

Importance of Fathers in the home. Generally higher tuned danger senses. And I notice that us men are less tolerant generally speaking.

Especially when concerning potential threats.

Last edited:

Atlas Shrugged

Pigeon
Woman
This may not be popular but if it’s immediate family that you obviously know well then yes. Cause are we all going to do the same with a family member that’s a straight man/woman whore? We are all sinners. Yes some seem more gross than others but Jesus died for it all. Not to go into to much but there is a family member who is and you would not know. Sad to say this family member acts normal. Cause yes many are flamboyant and don’t act normal if that makes sense. Now this person for the majority of life lives a celibate life so maybe God is working on this person more than let’s say an atheist. But amazing human, great family member, you can count on so I never hesitated. You just gotta know in your gut I guess. But before I cut someone off persay I have to think this person is a child of God struggling like we all are. It’s hard I know. So strangers or friends no but family and If you really know them yes. I just realized the title was about a couple so I don’t know. Family has a trust that those outside don’t have. So I’m no help then. Just add them to the prayer list like everything and everyone else.