Who will be the next Trump?

Peacock
Gold Member
I think Tucker is the only good guy on the populist right with a reasonable chance of winning in 2024.

Trump's "et tu Brutus" moment...

Jared probably got the memo from the (((swamp beasts))) that have bailed him out. For him, his bottom line and future prospects are more important than the legacy of his father in law, and of course, very much like his handlers, he never really liked Trump's base. In fact he probably sees that base as the main enemy.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
There's this freshmen senator from Missouri named Joshua Hawley who seems keenly aware of the importance of capturing the blue collar midwest white vote. He also doesn't have the liberterian freemarket fetish that's captured a lot of conservatives in the past decade and has talked about being against "forever wars". He's also spoken the importance of taking on big tech. He's young for a politician too (born in 1979) so plenty of time for him to develop.

Less visible but perhaps more important is the shift among a set of younger conservatives—intellectuals, journalists, and Hill staffers—toward what is sometimes called the “new nationalism.” What sets this younger cohort apart is a conviction that the future of the Republican Party lies with the working class and with what one of their champions, Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri, has referred to as the “great American middle.” They want a more solidaristic conservatism that is less libertarian, both culturally and economically, and in some ways less liberal.

Josh Hawley, the freshman senator from Missouri, has declared a high-profile war on Big Tech, proposing a series of bills to (among other things) ban “infinite scrolling” on social media apps, force tech companies to disclose what they are doing with user information, and remove their Section 230 protections unless they “submit to an external audit that proves by clear and convincing evidence that their algorithms and content-removal practices are politically neutral.” He has co-sponsored a bill that would prevent drug companies from charging more for prescription drugs in America than they do in other rich countries, and one that would weaken the U.S. dollar in order to make American exports more globally competitive. In his speeches and interviews, he has also denounced the “governing class” and its “forever wars,” telling Breitbart in September that “if the conservative movement is going to have a future, it’s going to have to commit itself to being the movement of working people.”

Hawley, along with media figures such as Tucker Carlson, represents a strain of the new right that is rowdier, Trumpier, and more invested in marrying economic heterodoxy to an anti-elite culture war.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Also, he's the only politician that I know of that has written about Pelagius. He goes to a conservative Presbyterian church and appears to be way more theologically aware than the typical politician.

A society divided by class, where one class enjoys all the advantages, is a society gripped by hierarchy.

It is also a society defined by elitism. Of course, our elites don’t use that word. They say their privileged position comes from merit and achievement. They point to their SAT scores and prestigious degrees. They talk about economic efficiency.

How Pelagian of them.

The truth is, the people at the top of our society have built a culture and an economy that work mainly for themselves. Our cultural elites look down on the plain virtues of patriotism and self-sacrifice, things like humility and faithfulness. They celebrate instead self-promotion, self-discovery, self-aggrandizement.

And then when industry ships jobs overseas, they say, workers should find another trade. Capital must be allocated to its most efficient use. When workers without college degrees can’t get a good job, they say that’s their fault. They should have gone to college.

Now, I rather suspect that if globalization threatened America’s tech industry or banking sector, our elites would sing a very different tune. We would hear how these industries are the lifeblood of the American economy and must be protected at all cost.

And that’s just the point. The elites assume their interests are vital while dismissing others. They assume their value preferences should prevail, while denigrating the loves and loyalties of Middle America. That’s the nature of elitism.

Last edited:

Bacchus

Ostrich
If Trump somehow loses the legal wrangling ahead, then the only path for a Trump figure (immigration skeptic, trade skeptic, anti-intervention) to become the leader of the US would be outside of politics.

Equally, the Republican party would die off, as they bleed off in the House and Senate in all but the reddest of the red parts of the country. Election rigging is an acceptable practice, and don't look for Mitt Romney's GOP to be leading the way.

Has everyone forgotten about Pence? He already destroyed the likely nominee Harris in their VP debate.
Pence is very admirable but he is the opposite of Trump in many ways... he’s a boring, staid social conservative the left will villianize, but he wont get the populist blue collar energy Trump so naturally drums up. Pence is a solid speaker and debater, but I noticed he heavily recycled his rally speeches and he just doesn’t have the natural gusto that Trump does.

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
Regardless of the outcome of this election, Trump won't be president in 4 years time.

Someone needs to follow him, and the new right is not going to rally behind RINOs like Romney or similar old-school conservatives.

Some thoughts:

- Tom Fitton
- Cernovich
- Eric Trump
- Tucker Carlson

Who else?
1. Trump is really an anomaly in politics; there may never be another Trump in our lifetime, or even for hundred's of years in American politics. Hence why they REEEE so much at him. He's Caesar or the Gracchi brothers; Rome never saw their likes again.

2. Who says someone will fill his shoes? It was politics as usual until he pulled this off in 2016. The Swamp wants to go back to that. And they will be doubly defensive against outsiders; no more "encouraging joke outsiders" for at least a generation.

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
Has everyone forgotten about Pence? He already destroyed the likely nominee Harris in their VP debate.
Pence is a swamp rat and a yes man. I nearly stopped supporting Trump when he chose Pence. He's a milquetoast Republican dude. He's Romney or Ryan or McCain or any other of a number of a hundred crap suited R's. Trump wrangled him into being a good subordinate and loyal, but on his own he'll go right back to his Deep State masters.

Regardless of the outcome of this election, Trump won't be president in 4 years time.

Someone needs to follow him, and the new right is not going to rally behind RINOs like Romney or similar old-school conservatives.

Some thoughts:

- Tom Fitton
- Cernovich
- Eric Trump
- Tucker Carlson

Who else?
I think it’s going to be Trump again. This guy does not just roll over and admit defeat. He’s going to be all over the media and effectively continuing his campaign for the next 4 years. The GOP will have no choice but to embrace him again because nobody else can deliver the non-establishment vote like he can. The dems realized they fell asleep at the wheel with Hillary in 2016, and no matter who the GOP runs, their stooges in the media will ensure they are called “racist” 24/7 and they will milk the low IQ urban vote for all its worth, just like this election. I’m skeptical if any R candidate can win a presidential election at this point, the dem machine has everyone from wall steeet to the media on their side now. I hate to say it, but I think Trump is realistically all conservatives have at this point, the capital he has built with his campaign and his 4 years in office is a huge advantage to build off of. Unfortunately if Trump goes away, I see the wind completely taken out of the sails of any consevative movement in favor of the BLM/SJW agenda being pushed by the liberal media.

Pendleton

Kingfisher
There won't be a next Trump. He was one of the most charismatic politicians in modern US history, was rich enough to initially fund his campaign to a significant extent and was already famous so he could easily gain attention and grow his support. He also got elected at a time when the establishment had been comfortably pillaging the country for decades and was unprepared for any sort of challenge. They could run a dullard like Jeb and not consider it a joke. Big Tech's heavy handed censorship hadn't begun in earnest, the Dems hadn't scaled up their vote fraud capacity and even the media didn't seem as well coordinated.

If the right wants to seriously compete, it would at a minimum need a functioning political party and its own media. They would need to be able to nominate and get normal people elected rather than relying on a once in a generation figure like Trump appearing at just the right time.

There won't be a next Trump. He was one of the most charismatic politicians in modern US history, was rich enough to initially fund his campaign to a significant extent and was already famous so he could easily gain attention and grow his support. He also got elected at a time when the establishment had been comfortably pillaging the country for decades and was unprepared for any sort of challenge. They could run a dullard like Jeb and not consider it a joke. Big Tech's heavy handed censorship hadn't begun in earnest, the Dems hadn't scaled up their vote fraud capacity and even the media didn't seem as well coordinated.

If the right wants to seriously compete, it would at a minimum need a functioning political party and its own media. They would need to be able to nominate and get normal people elected rather than relying on a once in a generation figure like Trump appearing at just the right time.
You are absolutely right. Any conservative candidate will now have to overcome the media, big corporations, wall street, the list goes on. All of them effectively coordinating with the dem establishment. Even a swamp conservative likely won’t get a pass. I know some conservatives view this as a soft win since the “blue wave” didn’t materialize, but I see the opposite. Even in the face of riots and lockdowns people still vote for these clowns en masse, but can you blame them? The media has been telling them Trump=racism for 4 years now. Conservatism is now effectively a contrarian movement in the US, at best you have to explain WHY you are a conservative, at worst you’ll simply be censored and put on a “list”. All dems have to do to pick up voters is let the media establisjment cry racism around every corner, at no cost to them. Conservatives have to tell people to find their ideas on censored search results and social media with “warnings” attached to it, and then risk having your family attacked for supporting such “dangerous” ideas.

Eusebius

Hummingbird
Gold Member
All bets are off as to the future of American politics. It's quite staggering really. It's possible we could have a kind of papered over zombie politics with establishment figures on both sides for a while. But if so, it's only going to erupt harder in a few years. The only figures I can see right now are Tucker and the Trump kids, but more likely someone will emerge from nowhere like AOC did on the left. There's no way that person will be able to unify America anymore than AOC could. More likely they'll preside over the breakup.

There won't be another "Trump" figure by anything of the current system. They have shown their teeth and won't allow another alpha to get up who doesn't suck globalist schlong. There will be leaders who are far better than Trump and who will be fighting on the street to stop the enforcers of the globalist scum from hurting their families. The only kind of world leader who could be real and not serve the beast is one the people prop up without the media and the payroll of deviant hedge funds managers.

nathan

Sparrow
Unironically, Kanye. Just like with Trump, you're not going to get exactly what you want, but you'll get someone who's wandered off the reservation and is egotistical enough to take chances.

As I've said elsewhere, at this point all you can hope for is someone rich and influential enough and just a little bit crazy because those are the people who'll be different from the Republican standard fare and who have what it takes to go up against the Republican power first and the greater moneypower after that. And, frankly, at this point anyone who can top the chosen candidate essentially has to be a celebrity of some variety. Someone with existing cultural influence they can build on. With all due respect, a lot of the people others have named above are literal whos that don't stand a chance unless they're selected by the money power which would indicate we (I) don't want them in the first place.

I didn't support Bush, I didn't support McCain, I didn't support Romney, I'm not going to support any other captial-r Republican suit either and I don't think I'm alone. Trump was the first "Republican" I supported because he was different, and my kvetches with him are all regarding ways he ended up being a traditional politician, almost never because "he just went tooooooooo faaaaaaaar this time" type stuff. The GOP is going to try to "go back", and they'll get some help from the Dems who likewise want to reestablish the comfortable old duopoloy. Personally, I have no interest in that.

Saw the title of this thread and was immediately going to mention Kanye. The problem is that he is legitimately mentally ill. But his platform was honestly even better than Trump's. If he could tone down the craziness for a couple years and present himself as medicated, he's got all of the other necessary ingredients.

Hypno

Crow
1. Trump is really an anomaly in politics; there may never be another Trump in our lifetime, or even for hundred's of years in American politics. Hence why they REEEE so much at him. He's Caesar or the Gracchi brothers; Rome never saw their likes again.

That slightly exaggerated. A generation earlier, in 1992, we had Ross Perot. Perot had nearly as much ego as Trump, and more money. He didn't really have a coherent vision or any experience in politics, or even good political advisers. But he got a huge percentage of the vote running as an independent; he might have won if he had a party behind him.

Interesting, comparing Perot and Trump makes you appreciate what Trump accomplished. It also tends to supports the theory that Trump was enlisted by white hats in the military to root out corruption, because someone has had his back through all of this.

Is Donald Trump a:
1) Roger Bannister
2) Lou Gehrig
3) Don Bradman?

Bannister was the first to break the sub 4 minute mile, in 1954. Since then, hundreds have done so.
Gehrig played in 2,130 consecutive pro baseball games. Two generations later one man broke the record (Cal Ripken reached 2,632 in the 1990s). No one since has come close to either number.
Bradman, Australian cricket star from a century ago, compiled a career batting average of 99.94, far and away the leader. Only six men have even broke the 60s. Unapproachable dominance.

I lean toward option 1. Many young people have seen that, 'wow we can discuss immigration and voter ID and reducing the federal government and ending pointless wars, that was never an option before'. The seeds are planted.
Even myself, the first time I chanted U-S-A-U-S-A unironically was when our SOCCER team scored a goal to beat ALGERIA at the World Cup. Pathetic that it got to that point. But our true patriotic outlets had been few and far between.

So a trailblazer who opened the floodgates.
A non politician, elected president? They said it could not be done.
Until it was done.
There are many more to come, whose names are yet unknown.

R.G.Camara

Woodpecker
That slightly exaggerated. A generation earlier, in 1992, we had Ross Perot. Perot had nearly as much ego as Trump, and more money. He didn't really have a coherent vision or any experience in politics, or even good political advisers. But he got a huge percentage of the vote running as an independent; he might have won if he had a party behind him.

Interesting, comparing Perot and Trump makes you appreciate what Trump accomplished. It also tends to supports the theory that Trump was enlisted by white hats in the military to root out corruption, because someone has had his back through all of this.
Perot was never even close to Trump in terms of chance to win the presidency. He was fickle crank who jumped in---and then jumped out (people forget this part)----and then jumped back into the 1992 race. He had no idea how to run a campaign and work the media the way Trump has. His lasting legacy was helping Bill Clinton get elected and being the last national political voice against Free Trade till Trump---but with no effect.

Remember, Trump didn't even need his party behind him in 2016; #NeverTrump squad was half the Republicans.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
Words and rhetoric are full of lies and deceit... Actions never lie. I was an ardent supporter of Trump because he has been for many years an anti CCP anti Communist and in the military I took an oath to terminate Communists for Christ, the Constitution and the USA ... It's now Do or Die no do overs and no Mulligan's in Mortal Combat with CCP Globalist funded vote stealing systems backed by Big Media or Big Tech...

Trump either uses the 14th Amendment now to save the Republic and preserve the Constitution... Or he beats a strategic Javanka-Soros funded retreat and drops the Post Covid Depression as warned about in Jim Rickards new book to be released Jan 12...

And drops this Chinese Covid Depression right in Kommie Kamala and Beijing Traitors Joe and Hunters laps with the fuse ticking down in seconds... Trump accuses them of inviting the CCP Covid Deflationary Depression and pushes hard on the GOP Senate for a Special Prosecutor to investigate all Hunter, his Uncle's and Dads pay for play deals in Ukraine, Kazahkistan, Moscow and Communist Freaking Red China and set up Don Jr or Eric to run in 2024 to continue the Trump Dynasty... In 4 years Trump will be 78 and still a husky guy sooner or later Mother Nature and Father Time take their toll as proven now by Traitor Joe.

OBTW There will never be a JAVANKA POTUS Admin since they are Soros funded Clinton Liberals and (((Globalists))) and the MAGA base will treat them like the Christ Killer Judas Escariot the ultimate betrayers.

Last edited: