Whore to Housewife

Lace em up

Woodpecker
Lately, I've been thinking that some of us have only contributed to the problems we, as men, experience while looking for a wife. The single moms and the middle aged high notch count career women are often dismissed as damaged. They weren't created in a bubble.

As I've been getting older, and hopefully wiser, I have made conscious efforts to clean up the "messes" Iv'e made, and walked away from, in my younger carefree days. In other words, I strive to make the best decisions I can, while accepting responsibility for everything in my life.

This leads to an obvious question. Is it not my responsibility to turn a whore into a housewife?

Lace em up

Woodpecker
It is not your responsibility to take responsibility for another person, only for yourself.

You may feel that you have "made a mess" but the extenuating circumstances that led to that "mess" is a culmination of far more than you could have created on your own. You're not that powerful.
You will clean up the "messes" you have made not according to how, when, where YOU want it but according to GOD's ways. You don't need to live with an agenda of wifing up a whore. But if it occurs to you because God ordained it, as a way of penance, only then you should take complete responsibility.

What about the whole "lost sheep" thing?

TheFinalEpic

Pelican
Gold Member
What about the whole "lost sheep" thing?
What about the whole "previous behavior is indicative of future behaviour"?

The way you solve the "whore to housewife" problem is by not allowing certain behaviors in the first place. If more men did this, there would be less whores out there and more housewives. How you solve the problem is being a good father to a daughter - those are severely lacking these days.

Lace em up

Woodpecker
What about the whole "previous behavior is indicative of future behaviour"?

The way you solve the "whore to housewife" problem is by not allowing certain behaviors in the first place. If more men did this, there would be less whores out there and more housewives. How you solve the problem is being a good father to a daughter - those are severely lacking these days.

I dont have a daughter. Are you suggesting marrying a single mom and being a good father to her daughter is the way to solving the problem?

You sidestepped the "lost sheep" question.

TheFinalEpic

Pelican
Gold Member
Hey, if you want to be a father to a child that is not your own, that's your prerogative.

You lead sheep by being a shepherd. That means setting an example, not playing captain save a ho.

So if you want to set an example, don't fornicate and don't perpetuate the perversity of the modern world. You're going to be far better off finding the error in your ways and finding a woman who has also seen hers (or avoided the societal debauchery from day one) than finding a whore to make your housewife.

Lace em up

Woodpecker
Terms like "captain save-a-ho" are the problem, in my view. Its dismissive of probably 99.9% of good looking single women over the age of 30.

I cant imagine Jesus using a term like that while addressing the issue, unless he was speaking of a specific woman, of course.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Lately, I've been thinking that some of us have only contributed to the problems we, as men, experience while looking for a wife. The single moms and the middle aged high notch count career women are often dismissed as damaged. They weren't created in a bubble.

As I've been getting older, and hopefully wiser, I have made conscious efforts to clean up the "messes" Iv'e made, and walked away from, in my younger carefree days. In other words, I strive to make the best decisions I can, while accepting responsibility for everything in my life.

This leads to an obvious question. Is it not my responsibility to turn a whore into a housewife?

I would say that no one should go out of their way to "turn a whore into a housewife" but a man who has repented from a dark past of being a fornicator himself is probably the best equipped to do so.

I think it's too easy for a woman to blind a man with an innocent past with things like "he's just a friend" or "girls weekend" etc. A man with a darker past who has been the man she stays with for 'girls weekend' etc. is more willing to put his foot down over risks for temptation to a woman that she may not see. Similarly, a man with a darker past may be able to forgive as he has had the same regrets or betrayals whereas a more innocent man has more righteous indignation as being betrayed by a woman close to them.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Hey, if you want to be a father to a child that is not your own, that's your prerogative.

You lead sheep by being a shepherd. That means setting an example, not playing captain save a ho.

So if you want to set an example, don't fornicate and don't perpetuate the perversity of the modern world. You're going to be far better off finding the error in your ways and Finding a woman who has also seen hers (or avoided the societal debauchery from day one) than finding a whore to make your housewife.

I think that's more of what the OP means. Trying to convince a woman that she is a whore is a fools errand.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
It's a question of responsibility. It is not your responsibility to Forrest Gump a woman.

I agree with that, it is definitely not a responsibility or obligation. If someone felt like doing it I would encourage them to be prepared or question the motive because it wouldn't be a 'fun' endeavor.

It would be like "I would like to be an unpaid drug rehab counselor" in an era where all of the drugs were free with a smartphone app, being a drug addict was encouraged by society and crossing a drug addict could land you in jail on trumped up assault, child abuse etc. charges.

If the woman in whore rehab gets aggravated and decides that YOU are the problem, not her sluttiness...get ready to have your life ruined.

Lace em up

Woodpecker
I agree with that, it is definitely not a responsibility or obligation. If someone felt like doing it I would encourage them to be prepared or question the motive because it wouldn't be a 'fun' endeavor.

It would be like "I would like to be an unpaid drug rehab counselor" in an era where all of the drugs were free with a smartphone app, being a drug addict was encouraged by society and crossing a drug addict could land you in jail on trumped up assault, child abuse etc. charges.

If the woman in whore rehab gets aggravated and decides that YOU are the problem, not her sluttiness...get ready to have your life ruined.

Well, as I see it, the first months of whore rehab would occur in the dating phase of the relationship. Assuming you didnt sleep with her during this time, it'd be difficult for her to make false accusations.

bucky

Ostrich
This is very similar to a question I always wanted to ask on the old RVF. The conventional wisdom back then was that any woman with a notch count over 3 or over age 25 is worthless as anything but a "pump and dump." I always wanted to ask what all the players back then saw ideally happening to the women who fall into this category, given that this is the vast majority of women in the western world, and a sizable chunk of women in most of the rest of the world.

I suppose the answer would have been some combination of "who cares" and "they eventually settle for a beta."

It's a question of responsibility. It is not your responsibility to Forrest Gump a woman.

As a side comment on this issue, what do others think of the theory that Jenny cucked Forrest?

When she visited him during the time they had sex, Forrest said she was sleeping a lot. This could have been a symptom of her being recently pregnant. After sleeping with Forrest, she could have decided to name the child Forrest (because she didn't want to name him after the bum who knocked her up) and later, after discovering she was ill with presumably Hep C, she could have made a white lie to Forrest whom she knew was rich to get him to raise the child as his own.

Presumably, I think Forrest probably would have married her anyway out of his childlike innocent love for her, but perhaps the lie still had value in that Forrest got that 100% fatherhood feeling.

Comments?

Thomas More

Hummingbird
As a side comment on this issue, what do others think of the theory that Jenny cucked Forrest?

When she visited him during the time they had sex, Forrest said she was sleeping a lot. This could have been a symptom of her being recently pregnant. After sleeping with Forrest, she could have decided to name the child Forrest (because she didn't want to name him after the bum who knocked her up) and later, after discovering she was ill with presumably Hep C, she could have made a white lie to Forrest whom she knew was rich to get him to raise the child as his own.

Presumably, I think Forrest probably would have married her anyway out of his childlike innocent love for her, but perhaps the lie still had value in that Forrest got that 100% fatherhood feeling.

Comments?

I think the movie implies the baby was clearly his, and they imply she already had HIV from her sex and drug use in San Francisco. Although the child was just an actor, it was supposed to resemble Forrest in looks and temperament. (I always thought this word was temperment! Learned a new thing today).

However, it's a wonder she didn't give her HIV to Forrest. I suppose we know now that it's much harder for a man to get HIV from a woman than vice versa, but I don't think that was understood as clearly when the movie was made, so you have to accept the story as they envisioned it.

Knocking up slutty Jennie was definitely a case of "Stupid is as Stupid does" for Forrest. She treated him like shit all his life, and he pined after her in the worst way. Pure beta oneitis. His character probably thought he was lucky to bang her once, have her keep the kid a secret from him, then only tell him about it when she knew she was dying. Don't be like Forrest.

Last edited: