"Why am I having weird dreams lately...."

Yes, that is actually a thing (Google it).

Of course, the mainstream sources (ex: https://t.co/TXmVfW7gKt?amp=1) completely ignore any spiritual significance...

But, we have this: ‘In the last days,’ God says, ‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams. Acts 2:17

I think Roosh received a vision in order to decode the Covid Revolution.

Here is another vision which I think is worth watching:

I have an ominous feeling about 2020 and beyond.... I do not know yet how to weigh this video. The only thing I am sure of is that we will see collapse before the Antichrist.

Have you had any weird dreams lately? Do you know of anyone else?

Last edited:

LeBeau

Ostrich
Gold Member
There seems to be a new arrogance of some members on the forum acting like prophets.

Men have been predicting the Antichrist (and failing) for hundreds of years now. Similar to outlandish claims of World War III or the "deaths of billions" being right around the corner.

Perhaps it's better to remain humble and admit we all have more to learn and study as Christians, instead of looking for attention.

pitbullowner

Pelican
Perhaps it's better to remain humble and admit we all have more to learn and study as Christians, instead of looking for attention.

That's my thoughts as well, but... I've been having odd dreams as well largely, albeit I don't even remotely consider myself a prophet.

Mike_Key

Robin
I've had some bad spells where all my visions in my mind prior to sleep are horrible, fearful visions, with what appear to be evil characters. I can't say why but it's likely easy to explain - in that I'm stressed out with family and work or I'm not walking in faith the best that I can or have in the past - during those times.

I pray during rough patches and that seems to help. Also, I recently learned that 1.) if you sleep in restless positions, on your back or positions where you sleep light - then you'll have more dreams. 2.) If you sleep on your stomach and chest with your arms up or tucked at your sides, your face to one side - then you are sleeping deeper, your body is heavy and you avoid dreams.

I've tried the method (#2) of sleeping on my stomach and chest lately and I've not had horrible dreams.

I've had some bad spells where all my visions in my mind prior to sleep are horrible, fearful visions, with what appear to be evil characters. I can't say why but it's likely easy to explain - in that I'm stressed out with family and work or I'm not walking in faith the best that I can or have in the past - during those times.

I pray during rough patches and that seems to help. Also, I recently learned that 1.) if you sleep in restless positions, on your back or positions where you sleep light - then you'll have more dreams. 2.) If you sleep on your stomach and chest with your arms up or tucked at your sides, your face to one side - then you are sleeping deeper, your body is heavy and you avoid dreams.

I've tried the method (#2) of sleeping on my stomach and chest lately and I've not had horrible dreams.
That is some sound advice, any other ways you recommend helping get deeper sleep without dreams?

Mike_Key

Robin
That is some sound advice, any other ways you recommend helping get deeper sleep without dreams?
This video of 8 hours of soft music, plus there are some videos with rain, light thunder and piano. Go to bed with this music.

If you wake up in the middle of the night and hear it, let it put you back to sleep.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
I was very interested in lucid dreaming for a long time, and dreaming in general. Dreams are fascinating, as an experience in a dream can be just as real to us as anything we do in waking life. One of the fundamental theories around dreams is that the dream world is where your subconscious mind is prominent.

If you are having bad dreams, it is because something is really upsetting you subconsciously. Wanting to "sleep without dreams" is merely an attempt to cover up or avoid the underlying problem, when actually it is a warning sign from your mind that something is wrong.

If you are having disturbing dreams, it is because something in your waking life is funcamentally disturbing you. And in these days of insane lockdown and race riots, I would expect that many of us are stressed and disturbed. I am not stressed in the normal sense, the way work or obligations or relationships can stress you--in fact I have so much free time it's hard to fill it. But I am feeling a inner disturbance from all that is going on that I perceive as wrong or misguided, but can do nothing about.

The very first day I saw people wearing face masks in public, I began to have horrible nightmares and trouble sleeping. If I saw someone wearing a mask, my conscious mind didn't think much of it. But subconsciously this greatly disturbed me. Humans are not supposed to hide their faces from each other. I suspect if a scientist ran a study on chimps or other creatures where their faces were covered, he would discover all sorts of problems, perhaps even attacks or suicides would come from it.

Be aware of your dreams. Pay attention to them. And realize that if you are having bad dreams, it is your own inner self speaking out from a place of harm or trouble.

I've been remembering my dreams lately, which is very unusual for me. The dreams tend to not be taken from my own personal life. My mind is quite the film studio... I wish we had the technology to record dreams, so they could be watched later on.

SpyofMoses

Pigeon
I was very interested in lucid dreaming for a long time, and dreaming in general. Dreams are fascinating, as an experience in a dream can be just as real to us as anything we do in waking life. One of the fundamental theories around dreams is that the dream world is where your subconscious mind is prominent.

If you are having bad dreams, it is because something is really upsetting you subconsciously. Wanting to "sleep without dreams" is merely an attempt to cover up or avoid the underlying problem, when actually it is a warning sign from your mind that something is wrong.

If you are having disturbing dreams, it is because something in your waking life is funcamentally disturbing you. And in these days of insane lockdown and race riots, I would expect that many of us are stressed and disturbed. I am not stressed in the normal sense, the way work or obligations or relationships can stress you--in fact I have so much free time it's hard to fill it. But I am feeling a inner disturbance from all that is going on that I perceive as wrong or misguided, but can do nothing about.

The very first day I saw people wearing face masks in public, I began to have horrible nightmares and trouble sleeping. If I saw someone wearing a mask, my conscious mind didn't think much of it. But subconsciously this greatly disturbed me. Humans are not supposed to hide their faces from each other. I suspect if a scientist ran a study on chimps or other creatures where their faces were covered, he would discover all sorts of problems, perhaps even attacks or suicides would come from it.

Be aware of your dreams. Pay attention to them. And realize that if you are having bad dreams, it is your own inner self speaking out from a place of harm or trouble.
Love your take on this. I also tried to lucid dream for a while. I eventually achieved it, but the second I was fully aware I was dreaming, I woke back up. I also got sleep paralysis one of those days. Luckily I had read about that in the past, so I just stayed calm and waited it out. Along the way, I learned a lot about the inner workings of my own mind.

Whenever I remember a dream these days, I understand what they meant within hours of walking up at most. It took a lot of honest introspection that wasn't always comfortable. We all have our own subconscious metaphors and inner symbolism that has to be confronted to fully understand our dreams. But the self awareness that comes from it is worth it.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
Steven LaBerge wrote the seminal work in the field. I think you can pick it up in paperback for maybe $10 or $15.
I was able to lucid dream a couple of times but with the same problem you had. If you like this subject, check out the film Waking Life. It's a semi-animated film that explores these ideas. The goal with lucid dreaming is if you are able to confront a character in one of your dreams, you should interrogate them and find out as much as you can from them. These "characters" are really your own mind trying to tell you something.

SpyofMoses

Pigeon
Steven LaBerge wrote the seminal work in the field. I think you can pick it up in paperback for maybe $10 or $15.
I was able to lucid dream a couple of times but with the same problem you had. If you like this subject, check out the film Waking Life. It's a semi-animated film that explores these ideas. The goal with lucid dreaming is if you are able to confront a character in one of your dreams, you should interrogate them and find out as much as you can from them. These "characters" are really your own mind trying to tell you something.
I loved that movie! I'll look up that author. If it helps you, I learned a bit from the Joseph Campbell book "The Hero With 1,000 Faces."

There seems to be a new arrogance of some members on the forum acting like prophets.

Men have been predicting the Antichrist (and failing) for hundreds of years now. Similar to outlandish claims of World War III or the "deaths of billions" being right around the corner.

Confess that Jesus is the Christ, and God has raised Him from the dead.

Years ago, I bought an expensive device called the "Nova Dreamer." It was supposed to sense when I was having rem eye movements, and then repeatedly blink red lights mounted in an eye mask, so my brain would realize that I was dreaming, and not in the real world. And so this gizmo aided a person in their attempts at lucid dreaming. I'm not sure why, but it never worked well for me. But then I am a deep sleeper.

I used to have recurring dreams of flying, by standing up, putting my hands behind me, pointing them downward, and concentrating with all my might! But I could only get up a hundred or so feet off the ground, and did not go very fast. Any lack of focus, faith or tiredness, caused me to quickly, scarily, lose altitude! Certainly, this dream was telling me things about my life and subconscious.

Batman_

Kingfisher
If this is truly a trend right now, I'd wager it's because peoples sleep is falling apart due to a) lack of routine/schedule b) lack of discipline and c) stress. When your sleep suffers, your dreams become crazier because you end up cramming in your REM sleep into much shorter periods, which leads to more vivid and bizarre dreams.

DanielH

Robin
I've had several really bad dreams lately. I won't go into detail because I dont want to hear interpretations of them or dwell on them. But in a couple of my nightmares, in the dream when things got really bad, I started praying the Jesus Prayer, “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner,” then I either woke up or the threat in the nightmare vanished. I believe our dreams are a spiritual realm of warfare, so it is very important to pray before sleep.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
I have an ominous feeling about 2020 and beyond.... I do not know yet how to weigh this video. The only thing I am sure of is that we will see collapse before the Antichrist.

Have you had any weird dreams lately? Do you know of anyone else?
I might be the only one who has noticed this, but The Protestant Dreamers, the Catholic Mystics and The Jewish Rabbis are all agreeing on what is about to happen, right down to the 'kick off' date, which is close enough that it's pointless investing in the election, because, according to all of them, it won't happen. The Catholics are knuckling down spiritually prepping* and trying to change God's mind, whilst the Jews are celebrating the imminent arrival of their 'Messiah' / our 'Antichrist', but understand there's nine months of social upheaval from kickoff until his appearance.

I've been hearing about the 'end of the world' since I was a child, and I'm very suspicious of any prophecies that involve set dates, but if you understand what happens at the 'kick off', everything does seem to be in place - my ears pricked up when the Media started prefiguring the second virus the Catholics predicted - and everyone who put their faith in false idols, men, Trump, religious denominations, Q, nations, and political parties aren't going to see it coming. I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing: living my daily spiritual routine, and praying to God to change his mind, which He often does. If the date passes, He did. Beyond that, I'm not concerning myself with it. All will be well. All manner of things will be made well.

------

* I'll find some time this weekend to put up a Catholic Prepping Guide in the Catholic Forum, noting what has been suggested to ride things out, as none of it is overly-complicated, time-intensive, expensive or isn't anything that it isn't worth doing to begin with, as a Catholic. If nothing happens, you probably spent $20 tops and inconvenienced your Priest for an hour or two.

I'm hesitant discussing matters beyond that: if God wanted his people warned, they'd be warned. Since God's repeated message to myself and my Sister from the beginning of this year was 'Do not be afraid', I have no interest in playing Chicken Little. Especially when you can't control the mode people receive information in. If they're fearful, they'll only hear fear.

Zep

Kingfisher
Stress causes crazy dreams. I had epic dreams when I detoxed off of opiates, absolute 6 hour epic dreams. I was in another world which was so real that when I woke up I was confused for about 15 minutes wondering if the reality I had woken-up into was really real?

I've read about the meaning of dreams and my opinion is that they are all true.

Sometimes they are in fact wish-fullfillment. Sometimes they are just silly nonsense. Sometimes they feel like invasions from another dimension, how could I know about those artifacts? .. did I accidentally tune into a frequency that was meant for someone else? Sometimes they are symbols conveying processes that are happening deep in the psyche.

I don't take any of them seriously anymore. The only ones I pay attention to are the recurring ones. There's a dream I've had about 30 plus times now involving a place I worked at over 20 years ago. It's always the same feeling, I'm overwhelmed and people are looking at me frustrated, I'm under a spotlight and panicking because the equipment that has been given to me is substandard and does not work properly and I feel like "This is all my fault"... which then relates to a real moment in my life where my mother had a breakdown and was in tears on the couch looking at me when I was a teenager stating "this is all your fault"... meaning the horrible poverty we were suffering through ( white privilege my ass ) When she said that to me I felt like I weighed a 1000 pounds, and I walked out of the apartment to the train tracks and just walked down the rails utterly devastated. I ended up at a friends place 4 miles later and I had the phone in my hand for about 20 minutes, going back and forth between calling a place for troubled youth to stay at. I was really torn, and really broken-hearted, I had no father, no other parent, no family in the country we were in, and as a teenager my instinct was to call some kind of foster home place because my mother was kind of killing me. I guess that is what that recurring dream is about.