"Why am I having weird dreams lately...."

Stress causes crazy dreams. I had epic dreams when I detoxed off of opiates, absolute 6 hour epic dreams. I was in another world which was so real that when I woke up I was confused for about 15 minutes wondering if the reality I had woken-up into was really real?

I've read about the meaning of dreams and my opinion is that they are all true.

Sometimes they are in fact wish-fullfillment. Sometimes they are just silly nonsense. Sometimes they feel like invasions from another dimension, how could I know about those artifacts? .. did I accidentally tune into a frequency that was meant for someone else? Sometimes they are symbols conveying processes that are happening deep in the psyche.

I don't take any of them seriously anymore. The only ones I pay attention to are the recurring ones. There's a dream I've had about 30 plus times now involving a place I worked at over 20 years ago. It's always the same feeling, I'm overwhelmed and people are looking at me frustrated, I'm under a spotlight and panicking because the equipment that has been given to me is substandard and does not work properly and I feel like "This is all my fault"... which then relates to a real moment in my life where my mother had a breakdown and was in tears on the couch looking at me when I was a teenager stating "this is all your fault"... meaning the horrible poverty we were suffering through ( white privilege my ass ) When she said that to me I felt like I weighed a 1000 pounds, and I walked out of the apartment to the train tracks and just walked down the rails utterly devastated. I ended up at a friends place 4 miles later and I had the phone in my hand for about 20 minutes, going back and forth between calling a place for troubled youth to stay at. I was really torn, and really broken-hearted, I had no father, no other parent, no family in the country we were in, and as a teenager my instinct was to call some kind of foster home place because my mother was kind of killing me. I guess that is what that recurring dream is about.
Ugh! My heart goes out to you! I had a very similar experience, when I was around 13. But in my case I did have people around me who cared and looked out for me, despite the sad and frightening situation.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
Years ago, I bought an expensive device called the "Nova Dreamer." It was supposed to sense when I was having rem eye movements, and then repeatedly blink red lights mounted in an eye mask, so my brain would realize that I was dreaming, and not in the real world. And so this gizmo aided a person in their attempts at lucid dreaming. I'm not sure why, but it never worked well for me. But then I am a deep sleeper.
WOW! I can't believe I'm talking to an actual person who owned one of these! I remember reading about them years ago, and even then, they were out of production, but there was supposedly a followup device being made. For years I would check in, and get the same old "coming soon" info about it. I began to think it was a bizarre niche device that was only ever sold to 5 Art Bell fans. But you actually own one! Amazing.

See look, the Novadreamer 2 is still "coming soon"

WOW! I can't believe I'm talking to an actual person who owned one of these! I remember reading about them years ago, and even then, they were out of production, but there was supposedly a followup device being made. For years I would check in, and get the same old "coming soon" info about it. I began to think it was a bizarre niche device that was only ever sold to 5 Art Bell fans. But you actually own one! Amazing.

See look, the Novadreamer 2 is still "coming soon"
I remember at the time I bought it, they were selling two types. The more advanced model sold for nearly one thousand dollars, and the "economy model," which I purchased, sold for around $300. I'm surprised that considering 25 years or so have gone by, that they don't have something much more advanced, for less cost.

If I still lived in the states, I would tear through my storage and then mail it to you as a gift!

Johnny Rico

Woodpecker
I too have been having crazy vivid dreams. Most are lucid dreams now where I know I am dreaming and they usually occur in the morning. I have a recurring one where I am on some sort of Truman Show and am in an exotic city with only clothes, a map with numbers and a piece of paper. I can never seem to solve the puzzle and end up having men with masks (not a COVID thing its been for over a year now) drag me to my death... then I wake up.

DanielH

Robin
I recently did dream of Jesus. I'm open to interpretations.
I would discuss this with your spiritual father/priest. It's likely he will tell you to ignore it though. Saint Nicetas of Novgorod had a demon appear to him under the guise of an angel, and this demon convinced him to stop praying and reading the New Testament. He later did repent, with the help of the prayers of his fellow monastics.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
The video in the OP is so important that he waited all these months to record his thoughts and post them online AFTER the event and then claims big things are going to happen in a year where big things keep happening.

Believing the holy spirit reached out to you would be #1 priority to get it out there to warn others no? But instead he see's an opportunity to get likes and $$$.

I find if I eat certain foods before bed I get more vivid and colorful dreams. Anything citrus usually.

Always been interested in the lucid thing, never been able to do it.

I know some people that can meditate their way into visions or day dreams of sorts.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
I find if I eat certain foods before bed I get more vivid and colorful dreams. Anything citrus usually.

Always been interested in the lucid thing, never been able to do it.

I know some people that can meditate their way into visions or day dreams of sorts.
I am curious to try citrus. I have found that after eating meat (not fish) for dinner I will often have a nightmarish dream. Maybe as high as 50% of the time. My theory is that something in the factory farmed meat I am eating (such as the hormones shooting through the animal's body in the moments before it dies a brutal death in a factory farm) are causing this imbalance. I have eaten better sourced meats or meats abroad and not noticed any bad dreams, but this hypothesis needs more testing.

Guys like Chris Kresser, MD (who I learned about on Return of Kings years ago, and who debated a vegan documentary maker on Joe Rogan) believe meat is good but that highly concentrated factory farmed meat is extremely bad for you.

@Roosh I am not good at interpreting others dreams, but I think having Jesus appear in a dream at all is a very blessed and positive sign and calls for rejoicing. The most important thing to do to recall your dreams later is to *immediately* write them down on paper as soon as you awake.
There are common symbols which some people claim have certain meanings but I am more of the opinion that someone who knows you well is better able to interpret what something means to you specifically, as some things will be significant and others unimportant details and it is difficult to discern between them.

Taking a stab at this dream, I would say the river represents your journey in life. Rivers wind and deepen, and today you are walking near to the river, the water, the source of life. The appearance of Jesus comes at a point where you removed the fornication teachings that brought you fame, and began spreading the message of truth, and fearlessly challenging the mask which is being used to frighten the masses, separate us from the church, and possibly lead to a "number of the beast" Satanic end. As Satan tried to silence your message through bannings, boycotts, and censorship, the appearance of Jesus is a sign of reassurance and inspiration.

Another take from the dream is that while everyone seemed to be blindly following the path along the river, you turned off to the right and found Jesus. Presumably, he was there for everyone to see, had they turned off to the right and searched for him. Jesus is there our whole life, but how many times do we walk right past or ignore him? Even the man you spoke to seemed to perhaps discount or dismiss the Jesus encounter. It was not a cause for running around the land telling everyone of the inspiring sighting of Jesus, but instead time to get to work by 9 AM.

The goal of lucid dreaming is to take a lot of the guess work out of the meaning of your dreams. It would be truly incredible to have a lucid dream with Jesus. If you ever can realize during your dream that you are in the dream state, and Jesus is present, you should confront him and ask him many questions. The answers to your questions will be what you, in your deepest and most pure state, believe Jesus would say. Or, perhaps it is an actual divine message directly to you. Either way, it would be an important message.

In Orthodoxy, we ignore dreams.

If you are in a war, and you have a radio channel that is insecure, meaning any single message could either be from the ally or enemy, then it is completely useless.

Any single dream could be from God or Satan. It's possible to test, but for anyone other than advanced monks it's best to not even go that far in and just shun immediately.

There are countless examples of demons deceiving people through visions. Even genuine visions of angels and Christ can have the effect of inflating the pride of the receiver, causing them to fall away from God. Most monks actively pray to God asking to never recieve visions for these reasons.

Once, Christ came to a monk in a vision. The monk however shunned Him away because he didn't want to risk being deceived. Was Christ angry? No. He was pleased.

If God wants you to get a message, you'll get it one way or another. It doesn't have to come through a vision or dream.

skullmask

Sparrow
I remember watching a show about dreams. They did a study where cats had the part of the brain that inhibits body movement severed. When the cats were sleeping, they would often stand up, and start randomly pouncing on whatever was going on in their dreams. So dreaming apparently isn't limited to people.

I treat dreams as just a cognitive form of defragging your brain, or running simulations. People often get scary dreams while stressed because the brain is just trying to work out the problem. I had a rather crazy dream a while back due to all the civil unrest. Some maniac was trying to kill me with a chainsaw. I ended up killing him though. Was pretty stressful, and I woke up sweating and with my heart pounding after that. But since then I've been sleeping fine. If cops show up though in a future dream I'll just tell them "I feared for my life" and leave it at that.

SouthernTory

Sparrow
The defragging thing does make sense many are under acute stress. Personally my sleep patterns are extremely disrupted (only sleep 3 hours then 2 hours awake then maybe 2 hours more sleep) I have a dream about people going to a camp (not like a Gauntanamo but a bit like a youth detention centre or a low security prison) and being told it will be better there. People seemingly go willingly but I don't know why. This is disturbing to me and is accompanied by sleep paralysis which is something I've had issues with since childhood although not for many years.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
There are countless examples of demons deceiving people through visions. Even genuine visions of angels and Christ can have the effect of inflating the pride of the receiver, causing them to fall away from God. Most monks actively pray to God asking to never recieve visions for these reasons.
Good advice. One of the specific things I've prayed to God for is to go the harder route, free of anything extraordinary. I know my vulnerability to pride. I've also asked to be stripped free of any sensible consolations, other than those He wills, since Sensible Love is inferior to Love of the Will. If my path is darkness, free of any good feeling or anything extraordinary, then I know the way is secure.

However, there are rules of discernment for detecting genuine contact with God from the false, aimed at those graced by Contemplative Prayer, who have been trialed hard enough to be being led more directly by the impulses of the Holy Spirit: the initial reaction is extreme humility and fear rather than peace and joy; a genuine vision will be followed by lasting peace, something the Devil can't ever create because nothing he builds can last; and, even years later, a recall of the vision produces an intense feeling of humility and a lack of being worthy, due to a true knowledge of one's wretched status.

I watched a documentary recently where a man was recalling a vision of Mary 60 years after the fact, and could barely speak due to the humility brought back by the memory. They had to take a break in filming. Similarly, I was trying to describe my first experience of ecstasy to my Sister the other day, and was so moved I could only choke out the odd word.

Spiritual directors are trained to be your guide in these sort of situations, because, what historically happens in the Lives of the Saints, is that the penitent speaks of a 'task' they've been given by God; the Director warns against paying attention to a vision; the Penitent speaks to Jesus again and tells Him they'll obey the Director; Jesus thanks them for their humility, but then arranges Divine Providence to change the Director's mind so they help the Penitent with the task God has given them. I've seen this play out in my own experience, and it's humbling to understand just how far in advance God sets up sequences of events so that His will is done.

SpyofMoses

Pigeon
I have a dream about people going to a camp (not like a Gauntanamo but a bit like a youth detention centre or a low security prison) and being told it will be better there. People seemingly go willingly but I don't know why.
I once had a dream like this, too. It was many years ago that I dreamed my friends and I got tricked into working on a farm that turned out to be no farm. It was a sort of brainwashing camp that only I could tell we had to get out of. The dream was a metaphor for how my then friends and I were all insecure, and refusing to face our own inner demons by listening to pretty lies.

Only you can understand your own inner world enough to interpret your dream, but I'd be willing to bet there's something you think others are fooled by that you are not.

skullmask

Sparrow
This is disturbing to me and is accompanied by sleep paralysis which is something I've had issues with since childhood although not for many years.
Yeah, what they did with the cat was the opposite of sleep paralysis. You see, when you sleep the brain inhibits the motor portion of your brain. Sometimes it goes haywire, resulting in sleepwalking. They cut that connection in the cat's brain. The opposite is when you wake up but the inhibiting of your motor circuits stays on. That's the sleep paralysis.

One thing that helped me deal with sleeplessness was to avoid eating or drinking anything a few hours before going to bed. Dunno your situation but if you haven't already, try that.

Roosh

Cardinal
I had a peculiar dream last night.

I was in some kind of transit center that felt like a subway station but was actually an airport. I waited for my flight to be called and walked up to a glass gate. As I approached it, I heard a series of small booms. With each boom, the guts of human beings splattered against the glass. I got out of there in a hurry.

I eagerly waited for the news to see what was the victim count. The report came and stated that 98 people died. That number has no obvious significance in my life. Perhaps my unconscious is picking up on potential dangers in crowds.

Johnny Rico

Woodpecker
I have one where I'm being chased by police in a futuristic city. Like the jetpack cops from Minority Report. They want to put that Halo device on me as in the movie. The dream nearly always turns lucid toward the end and I fight back but never win... I just wake up.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
Here's another one I just stumbled across from back in July, this time a Rabbi:

Yet again: September escalation, a Second Virus, foreign troops on US soil. The consistency across denominations fascinates me.

I've seen the Catholic progression mapped out as this, where we're sitting between the fourth and fifth seal:

timeline-04-01.jpg

Remember, these first seals are only Minor Chastisements, and when the Warning (The Illumination of Conscience) arrives there's a 6 1/2 week reprieve until the media comes up with a scientific explanation for what just happened to everyone, for everyone will see the true states of their soul before God, and have no counterargument. Remember, His mercy outweighs His justice and the battle during the warning will be to not condemn yourself as being beyond the reach of His mercy. He can forgive anything and wants you to ask for forgiveness, because not asking him for forgiveness is the sin he can't forgive.

This 6 1/2 week period is your window to get everyone who comes to you for help to a church, to get them to a priest to get the sins of their life confessed. After that 6 1/2 weeks, the media will lie to everyone and everyone has by this stage chosen to be for or against God. This is when Jesus becomes Justice, and you either choose Mercy or Justice, so get right with him NOW.

The Israeli Media expects the Reign of the Messiah Antichrist to begin in Sep 2021.

The last Catholic Mystic I looked at earlier today had received a message from St Michael a few days ago, saying:

Time is time no more, this is the “now!” that has been both awaited and feared.