Why do all new buildings in America look like this?

While some cars might look better than others, I don't think any - not even the older or oldest ones - can be described as beautiful. And if this isn't totally correct, then the window for beautiful cars must only be small. This is very different to other older things, including buildings. This says a lot, I think, about the ugliness mechanisation has brought into the world. Think about it; very few if any machines could be described as beautiful; and seeing as we undoubtedly live in a machine dominated world, I wonder if the ugly, modern architecture referred to by the OP could basically be described as the mechanical equivalent of buildings.

Maybe. That could be because machines cannot be as fine tuned as human hands in the beginning. But as it has become more fine grained. Beauty should be possible again.

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
the ugliness mechanisation has brought into the world. Think about it; very few if any machines could be described as beautiful; and seeing as we undoubtedly live in a machine dominated world, I wonder if the ugly, modern architecture referred to by the OP could basically be described as the mechanical equivalent of buildings.
The later Matrix films portrayed humanity living in this ugly machine world that was very depressing. While the dreamworld Matrix was controlled by machines, even the human underground caves were filled with machinery and portrayed a very dysgenic world.

It's not just buildings or cars, but just design in general. The "classical world" looked to natural beauty for inspiration. Greek columns mimic tree trunks. Italian fresco ceilings mimic the blue sky. Today there is no inspiration of beauty from the natural world.
Design, like art, should be beautiful and inspire the soul. People are no longer being taught this.
Just look at a modern plane versus the past.

Airbus A380:
airbus_a380-475844.jpg!d

Boeing 307 Stratoliner:
9553047_orig.jpg

Vickers Viscount:
Air%20Rhodesia%20Viscount%20700%20VP-WAS%20%2867%29%28Grd%29%28JGC%29%28HR%29-L.jpg

Vickers VC10 (holds the world's record for fastest subsonic flight)
edbce0fd89d5af62099ffa104884d496.jpg

Sud Avion Caravelle (note the triangular windows and curved tail)
se-210-1587146-1100x640.jpg

Concord (definitely reminds me of a bird)
1-concorde-get.jpg

Here is a top 10 most beautiful planes article. The only modern plane on the list is the Boeing 757 (I think the 747 is still around but being phased out)

dicknixon72

Pelican
Here is a top 10 most beautiful planes article. The only modern plane on the list is the Boeing 757 (I think the 747 is still around but being phased out)

You must be a Brit because the Viscount is ugly AF. Sorry.

You can't compare to this beauty...
23a572c3426e740694b31261a9a064fe.jpg

The original shorter-fuselage Comets were gorgeous, though fatally-flawed. The later, bigger Comet 4s were gangly.
1434584888382.jpg

Thomas More

Hummingbird
Like I believe that every building looks beautiful only if its paint is unique, every wall tells that yes I am beautiful. So that 's why i just only trust that if you want your house to look unique between other buildings then only buy paint from pick paints as they have a huge variety of colors and paints.

Quality Stone doesn't need paint. Its natural colors are good enough. If you need to constantly paint buildings. Then that paint is constant maintenance costs.

Those old buildings I posted about doesn't have paint for the most part.

Concrete needs paint because its natural colors are naturally depressing and ugly.

Garuda

Kingfisher
That Air Rhodesia Vickers Viscount..... That airline should still be flying today, filled with happy troopies.

Bugmen architecture actually melts our brains. There is no doubt that it is part of the psych war that is being waged upon humanity.

Playgrounds designed in a “trendy” but ultimately off-putting style are not the answer, whatever their designers might believe or say. Design guides focus on schools and the children’s realm, but have not consulted the educational and medical evidence on what environmental details the children actually need and thrive from. Instead, spaces for learning tend to be shaped according to industrial-modernist aesthetics, which the architect believes the children will enjoy — without any prior or subsequent scientific testing.

The layout and architecture of rats' cages actually strengthened or weakened their brains.

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Detroit City Hall 1871:
City_Hall_and_Campus_Martius_%28NBY_6256%29.jpg

Replaced with this (2005):
800px-DetroitOneKennedySquare.jpg

Chicago Federal Building
6834898390_2bf5ebe3d6_b.jpg

Replaced with Kluczynski Federal Building:
Kluczynski_Federal_Building%2C_Chicago_Loop%2C_Chicago%2C_Illinois_%2811004376673%29.jpg

New York Hippodrome:
161210-McNearney-hippodrome-tease_bkwqqs.jpg

Replaced with the Hippodrome Center Office:
The_Hippodrome_Building_1120_Sixth_Avenue.jpg

Astor Hotel:
Hotel+Astor,.jpg

Replaced with One Astor Plaza:
ny0015.jpg

New York Produce Exchange Building:
CHRzQspRiPLRXPa8XToZxcLYq4ATwilO0rHG8M7biak.jpg

Replaced with 2 Broadway:
2_Broadway_%2865167323%29.jpeg

I think this one is appropriate:
The Jewish Museum Berlin (2001):
berlino_12_judische_museum_jpg_1200_630_cover_85.jpg

#666 Fifth Avenue, owned by Jared Kushner, resembles a modern day overweight American:
Screen_Shot_2017_03_14_at_10.02.48_AM.0.png