Why do all new buildings in America look like this?

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
I read many articles from this website a few years ago and this thread reminded me of it. The blog's author has several good articles about urban planning. He favors the Japanese approach to planning and criticizes American style urban sprawl. He mentions high density cities can be built in ways that encourage walking and are pedestrian friendly. One article I recommend is the one about visions of future cities. If you like that one, you will enjoy many others in this blog.

One thing I appreciate is the author's dislike for Le Corbusier. I despise that architect as well. This is Le Corbusier’s “A Contemporary City of Three Million”, from 1923.

1639578005631.png

The Beast1

Peacock
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
The hideous buildings of ultra-dense settlements:

Buildings can be beautiful even at said densities but they choose to make it hell.

It's always the same (((people))) encouraging this, tiny home, high sense living crap. They want to destroy large comfy places to pack in smaller and smaller homes.

In China, the culture encourages ant like behavior and sentiments. It's disgusting and is a reason why the average Chinese person snaps. Humans aren't meant to live like this.

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
For anyone who hasn't seen this Ted Talk, you must check it out.

Good message. It is amazing how people forgot how to design places that are attractive. I am glad he mentioned Boston City Hall which is a true architectural crime made by a nihilist. IM Pei must be a very depressing person to be around. What is interesting is that people tend to be attracted to historic places more than modern places. Look at the most expensive urban areas in the nation: Georgetown (Washington DC), historic San Francisco, historic Alexandria, VA (near Washington DC), Beacon Hill (Boston), and Soulard (St.. Louis) among many others. These neighborhoods have character and wealthy city dwellers want to live in these areas because they are walkable and have that sense of space.

infowarrior1

Peacock
Protestant

Maddox

Kingfisher
Protestant

This development has everything I love about good architectural design and urban planning:

- Tree-lined streets
- Old style lanterns
- Arches
- Columns
- Balustrades
- Domes
- Decorative balcony railings that don't look like prison bars

Seeing towns that look like this makes me realize that I need to be living somewhere similar. Because where I am now is destroying my soul.

ph80

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
This development has everything I love about good architectural design and urban planning:

- Tree-lined streets
- Old style lanterns
- Arches
- Columns
- Balustrades
- Domes
- Decorative balcony railings that don't look like prison bars

Seeing towns that look like this makes me realize that I need to be living somewhere similar. Because where I am now is destroying my soul.

Where do you live now?

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
LOL that video is so typically millennial... He spends half the time talking about the rules for filming in the country, and speaking to bureaucrats about whether he can get permission to film in certain areas, in typical uptalk (SOOOOO... I talked to this man? And he's not the right person? to give permission? But I'm going to see if I can ask someone else?)

Good grief man just make the freaking video and cut out all the background nonsense. Can you imagine if Stanley Kubrick released a directors cut where he explained why all 578 takes he didn't like had to be re-shot? But yeah a beautiful city and from the 6-11 minute mark the video is great.
At least he filmed in landscape mode!!!

If my country ever lets me travel again without a flu test, I have put New Cayala on my list!

The city looks like a nice place to raise a family. I wonder if it has the typical church-centered orientation of most Latin American cities? My favorite shot was after the 10 min mark seeing all the people gathered on the public stairs of that building. America has no public spaces like that :(

It looks like it's an event rental space called Azaria, to hang out, have a wedding or party, etc.

Laus Deo

Woodpecker
Orthodox
When it comes to architecture and urban planning, a fairly accurate way to determine if a place is going the way of Satan is to see whether or not the highest point in the city/town is a church’s spire.

If a city and its inhabitants have accepted without great resistance that constructing triumphs of Mammon, vulgar skyscrapers whose only real purpose is to enhance the God-like complexes of those who work in and/or inhabit them (i.e. so they can literally look down on people) which also tower over that city’s main place of worship, then that city is for Satan.

The cross atop a church’s spire should never be in shadow. Being able to look up at the cross unhindered as you amble around the city centre, hearing the bell toll on Sundays and important Saints’ days - these things uphold your connection with God.

So we may conclude thay pretty much every major Western city can be ruled as satanic (which we already knew of course). Below is the skyline of a smaller Western European city (Rouen, France). You can clearly see what stands out as the city’s highest point. There are countless more European examples of locales like these as I’m sure there are in the US. Granted it’s not a foolproof theory as the people of these towns are not without sin, but I guarantee you the level of degeneracy going on in these places is far far less than in the big cities.

1645013597570.jpeg

And though this is a Christian forum, I think the same theory can be applied to non-Christian cities: Dubai for example now has countless skyscrapers overshadowing its mosques. And we all know what goes on there these days.