Why do so many white men prefer Asian women?

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
The downside of letting in highly educated people from other nationalities: they're better at subversion than their dumber brethren.

I think violent criminals seeking to immigrate should simply just get the death penalty.

And then there is the evaluation of character which this point raises. Not only being skilled. But is he/she a good person and actually Christian?

magaman

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
I've noticed with Filipinos in general is that they have the typical Asian blind trust in authority and lack of skepticism. I'm not sure what it is with Asian culture in general, but they're not the deepest thinkers.
I’ve definitely seen that in my gf. She also has stereotypical viewpoints about Americans too (such as they are lazy and just have it so good). Her and I have been talking more lately about splitting apart in a couple months once her contract ends, she will move on to other places and I will very likely return to my hometown. We are trying both to make sure it will end on good terms, which would be good as that wouldn’t be a bridge burned. At this point in my life, I don’t think having a girl or worrying much about them is the best thing for me. I need to work on myself job/money and church-wise, focus on me and more importantly God and Jesus Christ and be a better man for myself and hopefully for my future wife (and kids) because that will be the next thing I look for. I have changed from 2-3 years ago when I first found RoK/Roosh V

greyok

Pigeon
Atheist
I haven't read the whole thread but I am responding directly to the thread title. I personally just find them more attractive. They're also more available. I grew up in the Texas area and it's generally women outside of my ethnicity who want to talk to me. I do have physical preferences, namely height and body type (shorter than me and petite) which Asian women generally fit into.

I only dated white women as a teenager, then in my early 20s, all of a sudden none of them would talk to me at all. I am assuming it's because they were all rushing to find a husband like our culture has taught us. I'm 35 now and still never married, no kids, dating random women from various non-white ethnicities. I do get attractive unmarried/childless women talking to me, but if they are white, they're always overweight with at least 2 kids and no higher education.

I have had much more intelligent and deeper conversations with Asian women than I have with others, generally. The few single white women I meet now expect money or work in an adult-oriented business of some sort. The few white ones who weren't like that were Russian/eastern European and not American.

Brother Abdul Majeed

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
As the poster above me^^, I will address the original question rather than sifting through 40 pages of responses.

It is quite easy to understand why white men prefer Asians (or Latinas - or any other ethnicity)

We are tired of being lectured to by our sisters who have had an easier life than us, yet still demand recognition for being victims. It's off-putting. They have had every benefit from living in this society. As a kid in school, I would see all the propaganda encouraging girls ("the future is female" etc.). I have witnessed affirmative action that gave these girls greater advantages than I could ever dream of having, yet still it's never enough for them. Mediocre brained western women get preference over intelligent men to fulfill quotas. Who wants to live with someone who believes that they are smarter than you when they are clearly not?

Who wants to spend their life with a woman who has a chip on their shoulder? Who wants to spend their life with someone who has been brainwashed yet still think that they are more intelligent than you? What kind of life would that be?

I'd rather spend my time with a woman who has gone through real struggles than spending my time with western women who have gone through imaginary struggles and somehow always wants to amplify their petty problems into real problems?

Besides, they are more feminine, they need to be that way to survive. It's appealing to men. Just like masculine men are more appealing to women. These days, however, western women have no desire to reciprocate. Women think they deserve a Jason Momao while being a Tess Holliday themselves. Screw that.

magaman

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
As the poster above me^^, I will address the original question rather than sifting through 40 pages of responses.

It is quite easy to understand why white men prefer Asians (or Latinas - or any other ethnicity)

We are tired of being lectured to by our sisters who have had an easier life than us, yet still demand recognition for being victims. It's off-putting. They have had every benefit from living in this society. As a kid in school, I would see all the propaganda encouraging girls ("the future is female" etc.). I have witnessed affirmative action that gave these girls greater advantages than I could ever dream of having, yet still it's never enough for them. Mediocre brained western women get preference over intelligent men to fulfill quotas. Who wants to live with someone who believes that they are smarter than you when they are clearly not?

Who wants to spend their life with a woman who has a chip on their shoulder? Who wants to spend their life with someone who has been brainwashed yet still think that they are more intelligent than you? What kind of life would that be?

I'd rather spend my time with a woman who has gone through real struggles than spending my time with western women who have gone through imaginary struggles and somehow always wants to amplify their petty problems into real problems?

Besides, they are more feminine, they need to be that way to survive. It's appealing to men. Just like masculine men are more appealing to women. These days, however, western women have no desire to reciprocate. Women think they deserve a Jason Momao while being a Tess Holliday themselves. Screw that.
There’s a lot more rough to dig through these days to find the diamonds, at least in the west. I guess one thing I can say is if one is looking into or interested in becoming an Orthodox Christian then perhaps he should be focused on finding a female Orthodox Christian, rather than a female based on race, money etc.. Easier said than done but it’d be way easier to find someone who already “sees the vision” so to speak rather than to try and convince them of it or try to change them (you won’t)

Elipe

Pelican
Protestant

I also imagine that Asian women get far more pressure from their fathers, mothers, and religious leaders to behave femininely than white women often do. Even in a nice, red state, there is still so much "you go girl" propaganda from all over. Fathers treat their little daughters like princesses, even to the point of wearing these ridiculous shirts with rules for dating their daughter, and overwhelmingly encourage them to go to fancy-pants brainwashing facilities like Harvard, Yale, etc. The mothers also butter them up and never really prep them for being a good wife. It's all "you deserve a good man" and no "you need to EARN a good man".

And don't get me started on church preachers. And don't lie, you KNOW Catholic priests also do it. They ignore the verses about female submission, but they'll hammer on the parts about men loving their wives, but distort it into meaning that husbands are supposed to submit to their wives.

I doubt Asian preachers are like that. If there's one thing I've noticed about a lot of Asians, it's how often they seem very blunt. They seem to either have blunt things to say or they don't say anything at all. Whites are not like that. Whites will equivocate, hem-ham, hedge their bets, soften their words, and basically flirt with outright lying to keep people around them comfortable. In my experience, Asians don't care about making other people comfortable with pretty words.

That is another quality that I think a lot of men appreciate about Asian women. They're more blunt and straightforward. They don't beat around the bush. They are more grounded in reality.

pathos

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Asians don't care about making other people comfortable with pretty words.

That is another quality that I think a lot of men appreciate about Asian women. They're more blunt and straightforward. They don't beat around the bush. They are more grounded in reality.

No offense, but if there's one thing virtually all East Asians have in common to varying degrees, it would be the notion of "saving face" which often pretty much boils down to "making other people comfortable with pretty words". I've had the experience and have never seen so much outright hypocrisy. They also tend to be all about economic status and material success. Asian submissiveness is a myth. Women will be "submissive" until you're actually engaged or married to them. They may cook and clean but they'll be wearing the pants around the home while you're playing salaryman at some prestigious corporation. Their parents and family will always matter more to them than you ever will. More often than not that means they want their daughter to marry someone from a "well-to-do" family which means you'd better be rather high up the social ladder or you're out. And if we were to look at South Asia (India in particular), the caste system is still very much alive there, even among Christians. Marriage is an economic arrangement to them, nothing more. In that sense, yes, they're more grounded in "reality" than us romantic Westerners.

magaman

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
No offense, but if there's one thing virtually all East Asians have in common to varying degrees, it would be the notion of "saving face" which often pretty much boils down to "making other people comfortable with pretty words". I've had the experience and have never seen so much outright hypocrisy. They also tend to be all about economic status and material success. Asian submissiveness is a myth. Women will be "submissive" until you're actually engaged or married to them. They may cook and clean but they'll be wearing the pants around the home while you're playing salaryman at some prestigious corporation. Their parents and family will always matter more to them than you ever will. More often than not that means they want their daughter to marry someone from a "well-to-do" family which means you'd better be rather high up the social ladder or you're out. And if we were to look at South Asia (India in particular), the caste system is still very much alive there, even among Christians. Marriage is an economic arrangement to them, nothing more. In that sense, yes, they're more grounded in "reality" than us romantic Westerners.
I’ve noticed exactly what you’ve said about East Asians. Mine is sort of like that.. Actually a lot like that, lol.

pathos

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
I've noticed with Filipinos in general is that they have the typical Asian blind trust in authority and lack of skepticism. I'm not sure what it is with Asian culture in general, but they're not the deepest thinkers.
The "save face" attitude I mentioned in a previous reply is related to the fact that East Asian societies are far more hierarchical. That also explains their trust in or submission to authority and the importance attached to job titles like "doctor", "professor", "teacher" (a relic from Confucian emphasis on scholarship) as well as various honorifics they use in their languages. The notion of individual rights is virtually unheard of. The emphasis is more on your role and duties in life. You know where the bowing comes from, right? Historically they'd make apologies along the lines of "I don't deserve to live" and present their heads to whomever they'd offended.

I'm far from an expert but if any of you want to understand East Asia better, I'd recommend John Keay's "A History of China" as a starting point. China's civilizational influence on East Asia cannot be overstated. Other parts of Asia were more strongly influenced by Indian (Hindu) civilization which itself may explain (at least in part) the hierarchical nature of their societies (as opposed to Confucianism's influence elsewhere) due to the caste system, and, in some cases, Western colonialism. That applies even to Muslim nations like Malaysia and Indonesia which were previously largely under both Indian and (to a lesser degree) Chinese influence. I believe the obsession in places like SEA with White men is partly because we were once at the top of the food chain over there (e.g. Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc). In other words, it's hierarchical to them.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
The problem with an 80 IQ woman (assuming you homeschool) is that she will likely not have the aptitude or curiosity to be a good teacher. Her brainpower may also transfer to the kids if you're not careful.

Furthermore, that's not a useful dichotomy because it implies an intelligent woman must be liberal or feminist. Smart women can be conservative, though obviously they are in shorter supply. I would just advise any man who goes overseas for a wife (regardless of location) to find one with some evidence of investment in herself, even if that simply means reading books or having practical skills. You probably will regret getting with a chick who has nothing to show apart from looking pretty and pretending to be "trad." Too many fellows have done that, and the kids reliably suffer for it.
I admit to using extreme examples. Obviously, someone who likes to learn and have hobbies and has interesting things to say would be much better as long as she likes to learn things for fun and her own knowledge and not to show off to others and brag. I think a lot of people go overseas and marry the first pretty woman they come across which is understandable and easy to do if you come from a nation where many women are ugly and have angry personalities but it is definitely not wise.

Brebelle3

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
Asian women are raised in a culture and have feminine traits compared to others. Easy to see why they are preferred. Many even follow the man and convert to Christian religion.
Yes, my woman is Vietnamese. She was baptized into the catholic church in December 2020.

I have told her that we will be converting to Orthodoxy, married by our Orthodox priest, and our son will be baptized into the church. All of these things have received the blessing from my priest.

She has never once questioned my decision and looks forward to us being part of the Orthodox community, especially since she has begun to learn the history of the church.

I've asked her how she will handle converting after recently being baptized catholic. She simply states that I am the leader of our family and trusts me through the direction of The Holy Spirit.

Denam8487

Sparrow
Catholic
Yes, my woman is Vietnamese. She was baptized into the catholic church in December 2020.

I have told her that we will be converting to Orthodoxy, married by our Orthodox priest, and our son will be baptized into the church. All of these things have received the blessing from my priest.

She has never once questioned my decision and looks forward to us being part of the Orthodox community, especially since she has begun to learn the history of the church.

I've asked her how she will handle converting after recently being baptized catholic. She simply states that I am the leader of our family and trusts me through the direction of The Holy Spirit.

Married to a Vietnamese Catholic as well. We’re remaining in the Church but I’m glad she respects your decision as the spiritual head of the family.

I was a complete lapsed cultural Catholic and she encouraged me to renew my faith prior to getting married and starting a family. Her father and mother are both very pious and have always treated me like a son so I know my child is in good hands when I leave her with them.

My wife’s pretty bright as she’s a research analyst. She’s very feminine, maternal and selfless which is what most millennial white women in America aren’t.

But it was her binary morality system (particularly when it came to sex) that made it click. She knew what was right and what was wrong - no shades of gray morality.

My dad is half Japanese so being in an Asian household wasn’t completely a foreign concept to me but at the end of the day it’s our shared Christian worldview that keeps us going.

Going strong

Crow
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
No offense, but if there's one thing virtually all East Asians have in common to varying degrees, it would be the notion of "saving face" which often pretty much boils down to "making other people comfortable with pretty words".

Notice how you yourself started your rebuttal with "No offense but". Very much "face saving", like the Asians you're describing. Nothing wrong with your post, by the way. See, me too. We're all offering face-saving words, regularly. Asians have just mastered the art.

pathos

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Notice how you yourself started your rebuttal with "No offense but". Very much "face saving", like the Asians you're describing. Nothing wrong with your post, by the way. See, me too. We're all offering face-saving words, regularly. Asians have just mastered the art.
Ha, you got me there! In all seriousness, though, the "face saving" goes deeper than just simple courtesy or politeness as we know it in the West, particularly because it's related to the far more hierarchical structure of their societies. It's not so much about just saving your own face as it is about saving the other's face. It's a kind of indirectness and implicitness which can be very hard to decode if you're not used to the local culture and customs. You have to read between the lines a lot more and the word "no" basically does not exist. Perhaps "high-context societies" is how they're best described in that sense. To be fair, I think there's a certain elegance to it compared to the crudeness us Westerners tend to be prone to these days. Yet it can also lead to hypocrisy in the sense that people are forced to neglect openness, honesty or sincerity in order to show respect for rank and authority. At least that's based on my own experiences and observations from others on this.

pathos

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
The way I like to put it is that you need to always try and give another person an "out" where they can avoid embarrassing themselves in the eyes of others - especially if you are speaking to someone who is of higher or equal social stature.
Yes, that's a great way of putting it! I remember when I was in SEA I had a conversation with a couple of people on this issue. It was interesting to see that different ethnic groups there had different approaches to the issue and disagreed among each other. The more orthodox Islamic ethnic group had a more egalitarian societal structure and favored more direct speech, whereas the ethnic group more strongly influenced by Hindu/Buddhist culture was more hierarchical in its outlook and favored indirect speech.