Why do women get tattoos?

TheMoralLaw

Banned
I would like to ask the Ladies (or any men who have direct knowledge) why women get tattoos. IMO, any tattoo, no matter how small, mars the natural beauty endowed by God and calls to mind sailors on the High Seas who needed tattoos to aid their loved ones in resting assured that they were dead. Not a good association for my libido!

Can I assume safely that most of the women who get whole sleeves and other large tattoos are lesbians?

A personal confession. I have a habit of checking women out for their beauty which probably exceeds what would be advised by my confessor. Whenever the tattoo gets in focus, I avert my gaze because the tattoo ruins the beauty for me. Can I assume that for some women this is not a bug but a feature: the tattoo is a way of saying to the world "Grrrrr! I am not going to let you enjoy my beauty. I do not consent!". Maybe tattoos are God's way of preventing us from ogling.

Obviously the more visible the tattoo the more pronounced this effect would be. I guess some women might do a small tattoo in a private area for their husband. Some men find tattoos to be hot I suppose. But, duh, it's going to look ridiculous on you when you're a grandmother.

Laus Deo

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Tattoos used to be the domain of tough men who had passed some sort of initiation be it in a gang, in prison or in an indigenous tribe of some sort. Then weak men who hadn’t gone through those domains or initiations decided to copy it because the culture told them to (the best high profile and influential example would be someone like David Beckham). Then women started copying those weak men because the culture told them they are equal to men and should therefore act like men.

Like the OP says there’s also the (sub)conscious destruction of beauty element along with what I believe is a self-destructive element owing to past trauma they have suffered and wanting to feel pain. Tattoos for messed-up women have effectively become a societally acceptable form of putting cuts in their arms.

What I find humorously ironic and illogical is a lot of the women getting them are the hippie types who preach a connection to nature and environmentalism, yet walk around covered in a substance containing mercury and other heavy metals which has pierced their epidermis.

Elefant

Sparrow
Living abroad during my fornication phase I hit a dry spell, regressed, and gave dating western women another try. When a woman I was dating told me she had gotten ink on her lower back well AFTER tattoos in that location became commonly known as a 'Tramp Stamp', my eyes bugged out. Knowingly marking herself in that way made me lose all respect for the girl and became an obvious red flag.

Can I assume that for some women this is not a bug but a feature: the tattoo is a way of saying to the world "Grrrrr! I am not going to let you enjoy my beauty. I do not consent!".
It's not just against a flex against casual oglers. It's a kind of powerplay against any future intimate partner as well. Men are very visual. It's her saying "Another man has already been here and left his indelible mark" This dynamic is especially distracting during coitus.

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian
Absent father syndrome.

Growing up my father (not strict at all) would not allow for me to pierce my ears. That set the tone and reasoning for tattoos.

Can I assume safely that most of the women who get whole sleeves and other large tattoos are lesbians

I see a lot of women with tats in my place of employment. And I know a lady woman with a sleeve arm along with many other tats all over the body. She likes to talk about all of them, and she refers to her husband as her partner. Huge woke individual she is...

Another woman I know has four different butterflies "flying" up her back leg.

What I find humorously ironic and illogical is a lot of the women getting them are the hippie types who preach a connection to nature and environmentalism, yet walk around covered in a substance containing mercury and other heavy metals which has pierced their epidermis.

Good observation.

Feyoder

Pelican
I've heard few good reasons. It's a real head scratcher for me on a gut level because it so drastically reduces your societal status and beauty. Doesn't make sense to me:

1. For the pleasure of conforming to modern degeneracy

2. A way of "de-eurofying" their skin. Becoming more like an african at least physically.

3. Making the mistake believing what they are attracted to is what men are attracted to. They like tattoos on men (trash women do at least) so they get tattoos themselves thinking it'll be attractive on them.

4. Attention.

5. Spite

Kitty Tantrum

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
Herd mentality.

Edit: the weirdest thing I've ever heard from women who get tattoos is that they actually "enjoy" or are even "addicted to" the actual experience/physical sensation of being tattooed.

Like, they'll get tattoos "refreshed" or "re-inked" when they start running out of space... just because they like it.

Ah_Tibor

Pelican
Woman
Orthodox
It's a trend. Tattoos were coming into fashion when I was a kid and that was the era of tiny roses or Tweety Bird. Tramp stamps were a thing when I was a teen and then full-sleeve and elaborate stuff came later.

Yes, I do think the kind of women who get major tattoos are not wired correctly, but most women do it because it's accepted and encouraged, and they think it's a way of proving their individuality when they don't feel particularly special. I know a lot of normie women who have a tattoo or two.

TheMoralLaw

Banned
Herd mentality.

Edit: the weirdest thing I've ever heard from women who get tattoos is that they actually "enjoy" or are even "addicted to" the actual experience/physical sensation of being tattooed.

Like, they'll get tattoos "refreshed" or "re-inked" when they start running out of space... just because they like it.
Is there an ASMR factor in being tattooed perhaps? Seems too painful for the ASMR tingle.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
I would like to ask the Ladies (or any men who have direct knowledge) why women get tattoos. IMO, any tattoo, no matter how small, mars the natural beauty endowed by God and calls to mind sailors on the High Seas who needed tattoos to aid their loved ones in resting assured that they were dead. Not a good association for my libido!

Can I assume safely that most of the women who get whole sleeves and other large tattoos are lesbians?

A personal confession. I have a habit of checking women out for their beauty which probably exceeds what would be advised by my confessor. Whenever the tattoo gets in focus, I avert my gaze because the tattoo ruins the beauty for me. Can I assume that for some women this is not a bug but a feature: the tattoo is a way of saying to the world "Grrrrr! I am not going to let you enjoy my beauty. I do not consent!". Maybe tattoos are God's way of preventing us from ogling.

Obviously the more visible the tattoo the more pronounced this effect would be. I guess some women might do a small tattoo in a private area for their husband. Some men find tattoos to be hot I suppose. But, duh, it's going to look ridiculous on you when you're a grandmother.
This bears testimony to how powerful beauty really is. Pietism tortures beauty into brutality, whilst piousness cultivates beauty.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
Growing up my father (not strict at all) would not allow for me to pierce my ears. That set the tone and reasoning for tattoos.

I see a lot of women with tats in my place of employment. And I know a lady woman with a sleeve arm along with many other tats all over the body. She likes to talk about all of them, and she refers to her husband as her partner. Huge woke individual she is...

Good observation.
I enjoy bearing testimony of going against worldliness, that even worldly men show respect when they are in the presence of wholesome beauty. They covet it, which is why I am never in public without a trusted man. Like Sarah, we need to be vigilant around Sodom.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
Living abroad during my fornication phase I hit a dry spell, regressed, and gave dating western women another try. When a woman I was dating told me she had gotten ink on her lower back well AFTER tattoos in that location became commonly known as a 'Tramp Stamp', my eyes bugged out. Knowingly marking herself in that way made me lose all respect for the girl and became an obvious red flag.
Do you think repentant men deserve a godly virgin to marry?

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
I remember tattoos starting to be come more normalized and in style when that show Miami Ink was on tv, especially with women. There would be middle-aged normal looking women who would come in to get their first tattoo. Many times there was always a story that went along with what they were getting: “My mother died last year of such and such and this was her favorite flower.” I think for some people who get “memorial” tattoos, it is an unhealthy coping mechanism. “Now her memory will live on through this tattoo” kind of thing. Other times, it would be their favorite symbol or picture. Even though the stories were meaningful, the act of getting the tattoo always came across as superficial, cosmetic, and attention seeking. I think it points to an existential nihilism in our culture where many people believe nothing matters or exists once we’re dead. Only what happens “right now” matters.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant

Good observation.
Male piercings signified general slavery, including sodomite slavery. Women's ear and nose piercings symbolized submission not slavery. If I understand correctly, that is.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
I've heard few good reasons. It's a real head scratcher for me on a gut level because it so drastically reduces your societal status and beauty. Doesn't make sense to me:

1. For the pleasure of conforming to modern degeneracy

2. A way of "de-eurofying" their skin. Becoming more like an african at least physically.

3. Making the mistake believing what they are attracted to is what men are attracted to. They like tattoos on men (trash women do at least) so they get tattoos themselves thinking it'll be attractive on them.

4. Attention.

5. Spite
All the above you mentioned has its root in the primitive, to aspire downwards into basic instinct, rebelling against the higher self. A declaration for defeatism and proud of it.