Why do women get tattoos?

Kitty Tantrum

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
"Do not cut your bodies … or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord. " Leviticus 19:28

Actually, that passage reads: Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. You are quoting a more modern version of the bible.

When it was written, people would cut their skin and rub the ashes of cremated dead people into the wounds. The word "tattoo" did not come about until the 1700's. Before that tattoos were calling painting, scarring,

I am Polynesian, and my wife is a little too. We both have tattoos. They were a part of our culture long before Christianity was. To us they mean something. We both have tattoos representing our faith, our families, and love and respect in general.

We have both tried to wrap our heads around why some people feel that they can twist around something as sacred as the word of God to suit their own personal opinions.

I was first tattooed by my grandpa when i was in my teens. Same with my wife, except she was with her grandmother. We both learned early on that there are some folks out there that have a real problem with tattoos and consider us flawed because of them.

What we have both learned though, is that the internal flaws of those passing judgement run far deeper than any external flaws she or I may have.

Some people just need to be better than others. I'm ok with it. I love my wife, my son, and God. I am a good man. If someone needs to justify their feelings about me by using very loose scriptural interpretation, that's between them and their maker.

Also, if the aforementioned Leviticus passage is interpreted to forbid tattoos, one must tgen interpret Revelation 19:16 to say that Jesus himself had a big one right on his thigh. That flips the narrative.

Aloha!

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
Actually, that passage reads: Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. You are quoting a more modern version of the bible.

When it was written, people would cut their skin and rub the ashes of cremated dead people into the wounds. The word "tattoo" did not come about until the 1700's. Before that tattoos were calling painting, scarring,

I am Polynesian, and my wife is a little too. We both have tattoos. They were a part of our culture long before Christianity was. To us they mean something. We both have tattoos representing our faith, our families, and love and respect in general.

We have both tried to wrap our heads around why some people feel that they can twist around something as sacred as the word of God to suit their own personal opinions.

I was first tattooed by my grandpa when i was in my teens. Same with my wife, except she was with her grandmother. We both learned early on that there are some folks out there that have a real problem with tattoos and consider us flawed because of them.

What we have both learned though, is that the internal flaws of those passing judgement run far deeper than any external flaws she or I may have.

Some people just need to be better than others. I'm ok with it. I love my wife, my son, and God. I am a good man. If someone needs to justify their feelings about me by using very loose scriptural interpretation, that's between them and their maker.

Also, if the aforementioned Leviticus passage is interpreted to forbid tattoos, one must tgen interpret Revelation 19:16 to say that Jesus himself had a big one right on his thigh. That flips the narrative.

Aloha!
I appreciate the depth you have gone to on this.

God's word commands us to orientate every area of life to His standard. We are also commanded to judge righteously the fruits, not the motive of man. Only the Judge of heaven can do that.

I judge someone with tattoo markings assuming they could be either previously rebellious or presently unrepentant or presently repentant.

Anyone who repents of rebellion is to be accepted into fellowship of those who are in Christ.

I know of men who have repented and still have tattoos. I don't care whether the tattooed person wants to or not get them removed. That's their preference.

For the repentant tattood person, it is a witness of both an unrepentant past and a repentant present. It becomes a providential opportunity, a Cross roads to witness and testify the gospel power unto salvation, to have the Holy Spirit work in the heart(mind) of the one being evangelized.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
I think a lot of people are raised "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it." Like I generally won't give unsolicited advice, but I'll be a bit more honest to my friends.

Or they're trying not to add insult to injury. I dunno. White people are especially raised to be like that.
I have to pay vigilant attention to my filter so maybe I'm not too white, lol.

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
That's exactly why women get tattoos. The world taught them that ugly is beautiful
This is what Satanism is.
It is subversion.
They invert the natural order. Hence the upside down Satanic star, the symbolism of Baphomet, etc.

Man can do wrong, and it is just man erring, as we are infallible.
Satanic subversion is not merely doing a wrong act. It is doing evil and telling everyone it is good.

You will find this everywhere in our society.
Not just accepting homosexuality, but celebrating anal marriage as good and beautiful.
Not plundering a country for its riches, as has been done throughout history. But waging war on conservative societies all over the world and telling us war and killing is good and heroic.
Raising people like George Floyd above our actual leaders from the past, and projecting his image as that of a saint, while tearing down statues of past heroes (Floyd was projected on to the ruins of southern heroes after they were smashed).
Shooting little children and laughing and celebrating it.
Taking a mentally ill man in a dress and putting him in charge of the nation's HEALTH.

Ugliness being called beautiful is satanic subversion.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
I judge someone with tattoo markings assuming they could be either previously rebellious or presently unrepentant or presently repentant.

They could also believe that tattoos are a way of adding to the beauty of the human body that God created, the same way doing sit-ups does.

There really is beauty and art in tattoos. I'd love for you to see yhat this is true. The 3rd Sunday of June my son gets baptized. Our family's priest is also a Samoan tribal leader. It's sort of like being in congress. He will be performing the ceremony. He has a tatau strip from his hairline, over his eyelid, all the way down to his beltline. A few years ago the pope hit him up for advice about Catholics and tattoos.

I have guest rooms. There's vacation rentals down the road I'm renting for out-of-towners. You come.

You will see the kindest most gentle loving people celebrating. After 10 minutes the tattoos won't bother you at all. It's also lobster hunting season, and I'm gonna have tons.

Aloha!

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
Not just accepting homosexuality, but celebrating anal marriage as good and beautiful.
You have just educated me on something new to me. I assumed that it was only Sods that engaged in such wickedness. Now I must add yet another perversion to my list of knowledge, sigh.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
They could also believe that tattoos are a way of adding to the beauty of the human body that God created, the same way doing sit-ups does.

There really is beauty and art in tattoos. I'd love for you to see yhat this is true. The 3rd Sunday of June my son gets baptized. Our family's priest is also a Samoan tribal leader. It's sort of like being in congress. He will be performing the ceremony. He has a tatau strip from his hairline, over his eyelid, all the way down to his beltline. A few years ago the pope hit him up for advice about Catholics and tattoos.

I have guest rooms. There's vacation rentals down the road I'm renting for out-of-towners. You come.

You will see the kindest most gentle loving people celebrating. After 10 minutes the tattoos won't bother you at all. It's also lobster hunting season, and I'm gonna have tons.

Aloha!
That's kind of you :). For me it's a heart/soul issue and I must practise my faith in good conscience. But thank you again for your gentleness.

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
I suppose his tattoos have an origin in centuries-old traditions inherited from ancestors.
Casual Instagram stars have tattoos from traditions obtained from last year lifestyle magazine, written by a mentally ill transsexual editor -)
At least Kona has a legitimate cultural reason. When I see White, middle-class, suburban, soccer moms with random tattoos they found on the internet up their legs, arms, and neck, all I can think of is “why?” Tattooing is a modern phenomena for Whites. There was tattooing far in the past but it was mainly for pagan spiritual reasons. Common White people haven’t been getting tattoos/markings for many centuries especially once Christianity replaced our indigenous beliefs and practices. Only recently (the last two/three decades or so) has tattooing really become more prevalent in our people.

I really believe that it is a search for meaning, a search for “a culture,” an identity, that White people have been told they don’t have. So they make up their own culture and life meanings in the form of meaningless tattoos.

Feyoder

Pelican

Aloha!

Islander tattoos are a COMPLETELY different phenomenon. I don't think anyone is (or should be) criticizing them.

islandgirl

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox
When I started to get tattoos, it was because I was lost and I wanted to fit in with the lefty/artsy/punk rock degenerates that I pretended to be friends with. I was clearly unwell, and getting a new tattoo made me feel special because the cool kids would admire the shitty new piece of art on my body, especially when I posted it to social media.

I have a tight knit family with loving parents, and my dad still makes fun of my tattoos and says I look like I’m a member of the Hells Angels. It has nothing to do with an absent father, however I was “friends” with many people who had a weak family unit so I felt like I was part of the gang.

Every time I look in the mirror I cringe at my tattoos. I don’t actually have that many and they are small and easy to hide. But as I get older, I‘m comfortable with being beautiful rather than hot and attention grabbing, and tattoos definitely take away from my beauty.

On that note, I have my first laser tattoo removal tomorrow.

JackAn

Pigeon
When I was younger I wanted to be a tattoo artist.
Here is a piece I made 10 years ago.

HhARI4J.png

Then all my friends started getting tattoos. And I learned something. Yes there are some really well done tattoos out there.
But most people have dreadful taste in art. And most tattoo artists are not competent artists.
I remember a very beautiful female friend got some tattoos (probably because of my influence). And the artist she went to couldn't even draw a circle on her correctly! And the tattoo artist she went to was one of the best in the country judging by her portfolio.
Completely put me off. I don't have any tattoos. I never would get any. And I would not recommend them.