Why do you not use Steroids?

S3K2

Robin
I use steriods, but in low doses. 500mg/test 350/tren-A and 50mg/ day of oral winny for my last cutting cycle.

-rudebwoy, an excellent way to counter high blood pressure is to donate double red blood cells. Especially on cycle. And imagine how the person will feel man or woman with your superman blood.

They key is to cycle low dose steriods and reach your fitness goals in a oonger amount of time than taking huge doese. Also, in my personal experience we keep more of the gains taking low dose gear oppsed to high dose gear. Coming off of cycle is much easier. You look much more natural coming off as well.
Ncbi released a study of no change in prostate and heart enlargement with trt and a small cycle consisting of 500mg/teste, 350mg/deca per week for 10 weeks. Have the study on my desktop, if I remember will post later when I get home.
Low dose gear ftw!

teddy bear

Sparrow
More than low doses I believe it's not staying ON for too long and not cycling TOO often. Thumb rule on bodybuilding forums is time off = time on + PCT. But this is way too general. Checking all your health markers and doing thorough check-up on yourself is a key. Starting another cycle just a couple months after your natural testosterone synthesis kicks in isn't that desirable too be honest. Everyone is different though, some recover faster, some longer -- there is no safe pattern to taking steroids -- you have to evaluate yourself what are your priorities and how much on the safe side you want to stay.

And as for why people lose so much size after going OFF. There are two factors:
a) the more past your natural limit you are, the harder it will be for your body to keep it up. That's why you see first-time or low-dosage users maintain their gains over time with no much trouble, but pro bodybuilders will lose A LOT. And at the same time, once they get back ON again, they will also regain their muscles very quickly.
b) Cortisol is the biggest gains killer. And cortisol spikes hard during PCT. So imo PCT is the most important part of your cycle -- cardarine and ostarine is a good way to counter that. Slow recovery and staying on low testosterone levels for too long will burn through your gains as well.

Nordwand

Woodpecker
A list of the big name professionals from my day looks like a slaughterhouse. Add to that the guys who are in a very bad way, or had near misses and that really is all you need to know.

Zagor

Robin
Because it's not masculine.

Strength training is about grit, struggle, hard word, consistency. It's about developing and using those traits in order to better yourself and achieve your natural strength and size potential.
If you put in five years of consistent hard work in the gym, you will no doubt overshadow 99.9% of male population in terms of size and strength and you will get enviable looks from both men and women alike.
Using drugs as a shortcut or a crutch to achieve certain aesthetic goal while injecting yourself in that process is in my opinion unmasculine as it gets. So there you have it.

Labienus

Woodpecker
I don't want the hair loss and the destruction of my natural testosterone production abilities.

I'm in pretty good shape working out naturally anyways.

On hand I am intrigued by the what if of just how far can one push a body and it’s results, I don’t want to deal with the trade off of fucking up the dosage or any other variety of complications from steroids.

I probably will look into trt when I’m nearing 50 or whenever I feel such a steep decline physically. I already play rugby and I’m pretty active but then again I’m only 26 being active most of my life. Don’t even know what my testosterone levels are but there have been few highs physically as when I was powerlifting lol

godfather dust

Ostrich
Gold Member
I've had a great year fitness wise (went from 280-90 down to 222, and lately my lifts have been going up quick.) Don't want to screw up a good thing.

If there were only upsides I'd say fuck it and do them anyway but there are plenty of potential side effects.

I'm sure around mid-thirties I'll be considering it (31 now.)

Fortis

Crow
Gold Member
S3K2 said:
I use steriods, but in low doses. 500mg/test 350/tren-A and 50mg/ day of oral winny for my last cutting cycle.

-rudebwoy, an excellent way to counter high blood pressure is to donate double red blood cells. Especially on cycle. And imagine how the person will feel man or woman with your superman blood.

They key is to cycle low dose steriods and reach your fitness goals in a oonger amount of time than taking huge doese. Also, in my personal experience we keep more of the gains taking low dose gear oppsed to high dose gear. Coming off of cycle is much easier. You look much more natural coming off as well.
Ncbi released a study of no change in prostate and heart enlargement with trt and a small cycle consisting of 500mg/teste, 350mg/deca per week for 10 weeks. Have the study on my desktop, if I remember will post later when I get home.
Low dose gear ftw!

Agreed. I'm friends with a lot of older boydbuilders and they got me on low-dose cycles of things so I was building real muscle and not just bloating up a lot. I'm thankful for that because I feel like I'm always a couple weeks away from beach mode (if even) while also adding pounds here or there. I won't ever take an olympia or even an amateur show, but I look well above average all year around and I'm happy with that.

I am considering hiking dosages and shooting for true heavyweight which would be about 200 pounds at my height, but we will see. This isn't a race. This is an art.

I have a few simple rules I follow on cycles:

If my hip to shoulder ratio goes below 1.5 I know I'm getting sloppy.

Every girl knows my bed time. Lol

If I start having too many dietary mistakes (not prepping good, wholesome food) I know I'm getting sloppy.

rudebwoy

Peacock
Gold Member
I have used Testosterone in the past on and off.

Due to certain minor health reasons it isn't recommended that I use steroids now. I am perfectly happy with my libido and the size I am. TRT isn't an option.

I have never been one to use recreational drugs, but the high I got off being jacked and women grabbing me is one I will never forget.

My advice is start them as late as possible and don't get addicted, which is really the downfall of many juiceheads.

From Shamo, one of the best manga I've ever read (even if it quickly turns to shit, the beginning is awesome).

I'm afraid of my heart growing and getting heart attacks when I'm older. The evidence of this happening with exogenous testosterone in large doses seem pretty clear. A single 12 week cycle seems to be enough to grow your heart quite a bit. Would love to be proven wrong though.

I think it's pathetic to use steroids unless you're competing at a high level.

If you don't have the discipline and work ethic to reach a respectable physique naturally, you don't deserve to have that physique period.

Most young guys don’t care about long term side effects.

But short term - testicular shrinkage. That sucks.

You can then take HCG to prevent that, but HCG cause gynecomastia.

Then you have to take some anti estrogen to prevent gyno.

Just doesn’t seem worth it.

I have been thinking of taking one or two (or three) cycles of testosterone using proper PCTs to get some permanent gains. I was wondering if it's worth the risk or not.

I would like to improve my facial aesthetics like my jaw line and better beard growth, and my body aesthetics like better bone structure, wider shoulders etc. I believe chronic drug use and health issues in my late teens and early twenties stunted a lot of growth in these areas.

For risks I am firstly thinking of the HPTA not working as well as it did previously, and permanently getting lower test levels after I'm done. This could be combated with getting on TRT, but that in itself comes with a host of other side effects (infertility, the actual need to inject yourself every week etc). The increased risk of prostate cancer also scares me slightly, as I already have prostate issues.

My natural testosterone levels are around 900-1100 ng/dl, which is in the top 5%. I still have a lot of issues with gaining muscle mass in the gym though because of chronic health issues, and from being a natural ectomorph.

But the main concern I have above all is the risk of making your heart grow. Which according to studies, seems to be inevitable and probably permanent. Testosterone in supra-physiological doses causes left ventricular hypertrophy at only 8 weeks of use, which you put you at a much greater risk of heart failure or stroke down the line.

What are your thoughts on that study? Accurate or not?

Mostly it is reversible and I haven't seen any aging problems with guys who used quite excessive dosing, far more than supraphysiologic, at least. By the way, there is not an increased prostate cancer risk. There is a risk for hypercoagulability and hepatic adenomas, which can bleed, but they are rare. HDL also decreases, but most of the lipid panel stuff is bullshit, anyway. Hemoglobin will increase too.

Louis IX

Pelican
I am probably a naive person , but what is the point ? Just accept yourself the way God created you.
I have started some fitness / boxing etc and my muscles are growing naturally. I don't see the point in taking steroids at all. either it is to look stronger than the rest ( which denotes of a complex) or to train harder than you actually can to get more results faster ( which is assimilated to cheating , at least to something negative)

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
Did anyone ever try (monthly, 6 week) cycles of just HGH? I think I saw the rejuvenation protocols as 2 IU / day. A lot of people, including bodybuilding physicians, say 4-8 can get you muscle hypertrophy at those higher levels. But I imagine you start getting blood sugar or insulin effects that may be problematic at those levels. Also, for those of us in North America, it's quite expensive. I read that in Mexico it is 1/3 the cost, however. I probably wouldn't touch these things for another decade (into my 50s) but I was wondering if anyone had done small cycles and can report on the results.

I don’t like the risk/reward profile, and I also turn into a wolf when my T level is above 800 or so. I’m combative enough normally and even the TRT level my doctor recommended was too much; I lowered it back down to the level I like (120mg/dl) after only two weeks. I immediately felt better and not insane with pride and lust, which is how I imagine I’d feel on even the smallest dose of serious anabolics. I’m also pretty happy with my fitness level for my age, and I’m at least twice as strong as I’ve ever been before, so it seems unnecessary at best and actively harmful at worst.