Why the lack of Male participation in Religion in the West?

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Men ARE participating in religion:

They participate in effeminate mask wearing, worshipping the statist religion.

They participate in sport idol worship, emasculating ritual.

They blame Eve (civil feminism) for abdicating their masculinity.

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Woman
Women are more conformist and will stick with an institution long after it stopped working. This is why a lot of weak churches are staffed by old women. They are the people who are left long after most people have abandoned an institution that is not working.

If you go to a traditional church (the only kind that serve a purpose) you will see a lot more men involved.

Jen18

Pigeon
Woman
I’d love my husband to return to the Catholic faith but I certainly won’t nag him but I would like to have our kids baptized (they aren’t currently.)

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
I grew up in charismatic churches, which are far and away the worst. All that emotionalism, ugh. If I was a man it’d be the last place I wanted to be. It was the last place I wanted to be!
Well, and they've had women preachers from the outset as far as I know. The Foursquare Church was founded by a woman.

Selena

Chicken
Woman
The church my family attended for most of my life had a men/women ratio of aprox 30/70%. Even though the preacher was a man, many women (including his wife) had leadership roles at church. Back then I didn't realize this sort of things, but now it makes sense why I always felt a deeper spiritual connection to God at home with my family rather than at church.

Paul makes it very clear that women are to "learn in silence with all subjection", because to teach is "to usurp authority over the man". This, I believe, refers especially to taking up leadership roles at church.

Now I get why my father's leadership and my mother's silent devotion at home felt much more like church than church itself.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
The way I've felt about most of the church services I've attended (mostly Mormon) is that they're just straight-up peddling feels the entire time. Women are more easily jerked around by their emotions.

The quivering, cracking voices. The staring up and blinking back tears. Hand over heart. Dramatic sigh. Something something "with every fiber of my being." Etc. Look around me and most of the women in the congregation are dabbing their eyes. Some having heaving shoulders.

And basically nothing of substance was even said.

As a woman often accused of having a "male brain," I know I can't friggin' stand it.

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
Yes, and I think Pentecostalism was founded by a woman. And guess which sex was always the source of trouble in the churches I was in??
I was really into Pentecostalism as a young adult. In fact I was attending a Lutheran church and found it lacking in passion. A friend of mine took me to a Pentecostal youth service and I was hooked for over a decade. Ironically, I now find the quiet reverence of a liturgical service much more appealing.

I think I can answer this. Today's men (myself included) don't want to be part of an anti-family, anti-masculine system. In Chicagoland, I think you can see why: all Churches have thriving hispanic communities, and aging "white" ones. When I went to my parents parish, they had a multi-cultural mass. It was hilarious almost, because all the aging Karens got their voices drowned out when saying the our father, because of how many Spanish speakers there are.

I will follow Christ, but I will NOT follow a tainted and corrupt system. Unlike most, I do not have the ability to relocate to greener pastures.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
The way I've felt about most of the church services I've attended (mostly Mormon) is that they're just straight-up peddling feels the entire time. Women are more easily jerked around by their emotions.

The quivering, cracking voices. The staring up and blinking back tears. Hand over heart. Dramatic sigh. Something something "with every fiber of my being." Etc. Look around me and most of the women in the congregation are dabbing their eyes. Some having heaving shoulders.

And basically nothing of substance was even said.

As a woman often accused of having a "male brain," I know I can't friggin' stand it.

This. Peddling feels. Barf. In the charismatic churches it’s the raising of hands, the pious expressions, the manipulative “worship” music, etc. I never understood why I was the only one who saw it, who wasn’t responding to “the anointing.” These days I more often wonder about the men there who were engaging in all that sappy emotionalism. We’re they more emotional types of men? I don’t get it.

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
This. Peddling feels. Barf. In the charismatic churches it’s the raising of hands, the pious expressions, the manipulative “worship” music, etc. I never understood why I was the only one who saw it, who wasn’t responding to “the anointing.” These days I more often wonder about the men there who were engaging in all that sappy emotionalism. We’re they more emotional types of men? I don’t get it.
Once you see the pattern in the worship music, you can't unsee it. The progression from upbeat song to slow, to slower; the dimming of the lights, etc.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Once you see the pattern in the worship music, you can't unsee it. The progression from upbeat song to slow, to slower; the dimming of the lights, etc.

Exactly!!! And that quiet period after the last song with people praying quietly in case there’s a “word from the Lord”.......I was always so relieved when it was over so the sermon, such as it was, could start. Charismania/Pentecostalism sure brings the crazies out. And I say that as someone who struggles with my mental health, lol.

berserker2001

Robin
Orthodox
I once handwrote an anonymous letter to my old church and they thought it was written by a man (I heard this through the grapevine). I guess my grammar and tone were very strong but my penmanship was poor... Lol :sneaky: “Must be a man” lol
I have to admit I initially don't trust a man with nice penmanship, it's Strike One

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Exactly!!! And that quiet period after the last song with people praying quietly in case there’s a “word from the Lord”.......I was always so relieved when it was over so the sermon, such as it was, could start. Charismania/Pentecostalism sure brings the crazies out. And I say that as someone who struggles with my mental health, lol.
One of the worst fruits of pentecostalism is inter-religious sexual union (1 Cor. 10:8; cf. Num. 25:1-9). If we didn't have this we would have less multiculturalism.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
I think I can answer this. Today's men (myself included) don't want to be part of an anti-family, anti-masculine system. In Chicagoland, I think you can see why: all Churches have thriving hispanic communities, and aging "white" ones. When I went to my parents parish, they had a multi-cultural mass. It was hilarious almost, because all the aging Karens got their voices drowned out when saying the our father, because of how many Spanish speakers there are.

I will follow Christ, but I will NOT follow a tainted and corrupt system. Unlike most, I do not have the ability to relocate to greener pastures.
Masculinity relies on absolutes; when objective truth is ignored, subjectivity overrides.