Why the lack of Male participation in Religion in the West?

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
I think strong faith is easier when you were raised in that environment. So many of my peers and I were raised in households that were loosely God-fearing, but lacking many routines and rituals of faith. That's a product of time, and generations becoming less faithful over time.

As I grew up, it seemed strong faith was often viewed as not cool, forward thinking, enlightened. The ego said I'm smart and my intellect makes faith unnecessary.

Eventually, the heart takes the driver's seat over from the mind, and we realize how essential strong faith is, including meaningful routines and rituals of faith.

I think a lot of people have felt more of a calling to God during the pandemic, have time to pray, meditate, reflect, repent, heal.

The couple times I've been out and about, most people have such a soft, kind appreciation for just being able to interact a little and say hello. People are finding faith again. These strange times have helped people find new clarity.

I think strong faith is easier when you were raised in that environment. So many of my peers and I were raised in households that were loosely God-fearing, but lacking many routines and rituals of faith. That's a product of time, and generations becoming less faithful over time.

As I grew up, it seemed strong faith was often viewed as not cool, forward thinking, enlightened. The ego said I'm smart and my intellect makes faith unnecessary.

Eventually, the heart takes the driver's seat over from the mind, and we realize how essential strong faith is, including meaningful routines and rituals of faith.

I think a lot of people have felt more of a calling to God during the pandemic, have time to pray, meditate, reflect, repent, heal.

The couple times I've been out and about, most people have such a soft, kind appreciation for just being able to interact a little and say hello. People are finding faith again. These strange times have helped people find new clarity.

My problem with Christianity today, more specifically "Catholicism" is this new push away from every tribe, every tongue, every nation to a more globalist-oriented view. I absolutely despise how the Church permits soft-core Marxism, whether that is tolerance of second-wave feminism, or the abandonment of caring about raising the next generation of young men. It's despicable and wrong.

The tolerance of mask mandates, sanitizer and other dictates from the state are/were the last straw for me: Christ does not want people, much less children, living in fear.

Whether it's the Catholic Church supporting gun-control, open borders, and other Vatican II bullshit, I'm fed-up with it. That is NOT the tradition and teachings of the Catholic Church that my ancestors or even Christendom-Era Europe remembers.

I think that is the state of things, though. Christianity in the West has become less objective and based in reality, and more abstract.

I absolutely despise what Vatican II has done: make man his own "savior".

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
I'm no Bible expert, but I believe it says we do generally have to make peace with the governments and laws of this world. Then those meek and faithful inherit the Earth. Something like that.

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Women are more conformist and will stick with an institution long after it stopped working

These are very true words and not just institutions involving the church.

Change can be difficult for those who find this change in conflict with comfort, and comfort can be a form of false security. It is very rare to see an individual stand up for his or her beliefs in certain "institutions" with progressive secular objectives; given those beliefs provide an answer for why the institution is flawed and has stopped working.

Most humans, in varying degrees, are already dead. In one way or another they have lost their dreams, their ambitions, their desire for a better life. They have surrendered their fight for self-esteem and they have compromised their great potential. - Og Mandino

With Christ there is life.

The way I've felt about most of the church services I've attended (mostly Mormon) is that they're just straight-up peddling feels the entire time. Women are more easily jerked around by their emotions.

The quivering, cracking voices. The staring up and blinking back tears. Hand over heart. Dramatic sigh. Something something "with every fiber of my being." Etc. Look around me and most of the women in the congregation are dabbing their eyes. Some having heaving shoulders.

And basically nothing of substance was even said.

As a woman often accused of having a "male brain," I know I can't friggin' stand it.

For whatever reason something about the worship music and the lyrics repelled me.

But that reason has been found in this book. Read from Chapter 6. Bridal Mysticism Theology invented by Bernard of Clairvoux who also likewise took inspiration from the Heretic Origen and turned by the female mystics at the time far beyond his original intentions.

Turning our individual fealty to a King who deserves our undying Loyalty even unto death as our Elder Brother and our Comrade. Into a rapturous romantic love affair with Jesus that believers are personally meant to have with him.

And since Romance is inherently sexual. It must be the reason why I invariably cringe at singing this music and listening to it. And no doubt among many Men:

In the Bible, Romance is always associated with sex and sexuality. So its not unfounded.

And of course the modern "Jesus is my boyfriend whom I love to run through the flowerfields with" and other even more cringey imagery.

Like a barf-worthy so called "Love" of the Movie Titanic. It causes me to cringe as much as forcing me to endure hamfisted Romance in any media.

The preaching riveted me in Church. The word of God had True Power and Gravity. And our relation to him extending to formal Worship must treat our God and King with Dignity and Majesty. With Glory and Honor.

How did the God when he first made the Covenant with Israel relate to them. Was their relation to him anything to do with a rapturous love affair?

Or did he demand of them to treat him as Holy. And to Honor him with Gravity.
1Now Aaron’s sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers, put fire in them and added incense, and offered unauthorized fire before the LORD, contrary to His command. 2So fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed them, and they died in the presence of the LORD.

3Then Moses said to Aaron, “This is what the LORD meant when He said:

‘To those who come near Me

I will show My holiness,

and in the sight of all the people

I will reveal My glory.’ ”

You need only to read through Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy to see how God would want to be worshiped and regarded. It was so serious that Priests would die if they didn't do their jobs properly.

Even David when his soul panted for God didn't treat God as if he were the personal Husband whom he has to have a love affair with:

Last edited:
This. Peddling feels. Barf. In the charismatic churches it’s the raising of hands, the pious expressions, the manipulative “worship” music, etc. I never understood why I was the only one who saw it, who wasn’t responding to “the anointing.” These days I more often wonder about the men there who were engaging in all that sappy emotionalism. We’re they more emotional types of men? I don’t get it.

The Jesus is my boyfriend Romantic atmosphere.

Elipe

Pelican
My guess is that men are much more naturally repelled by feminizing of churches than women are.
Absolutely, this. My wife and I are looking around for a church, but it's sometimes hard to get motivated about that when nearly every church does this Jesus Is My Boyfriend thing. One thing I look at very carefully when observing a church service is how many of the members mask up, whether the pastor and other staff mask up too, and the kinds of songs they sing. I've also caught myself subconsciously rating the physiognomy of the members.

I'm looking for a church that doesn't hesitate to punch people in the guts with hard messages, especially if some of those messages are considered verboten in today's society, such as those on the immorality of homosexuality. I want a church where the pastor doesn't hem and haw when you ask him if the Bible forbids homosexuality.

It's less that I care specifically about the homosexuality issue and more that I want a church that is run by people who don't get worried about offending the kingdom of Satan.

One excuse I've heard from plenty of limp-wristed pastors with thick-rimmed glasses is that churches should be "engaging" the culture. Bud, what do you think the churches have been trying to do the past half-century? If you think the church is struggling to reach people because it's not "engaging" the culture enough, you're meeting the very definition of insanity! Trying the same thing and expecting different results.

Spiritually thirsty people don't want to be "culturally engaged". It is like offering a thirsty man in the desert a glass of sand. People crave real spirituality: to be satisfied by the Fount of living water that is Christ. That living water is not mixed in with any sand or poison, yet so many insist that a little poison must be worked into the living water to make it palatable. But doing so renders the water no longer living water.

Fitting, is it not, that a society that prefers drinking soda that is poisonous to their health over drinking water, is also a society that believes that a similar treatment should be applied to the living water of God?

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
There's also a great deal of false religion out there. People have enough bad experiences with these and might give up on organized faith altogether. Almost anytime humans come together and organize, corruption seeps in.

I started dating this man a few years ago. He was Southern Baptist, a good guy, war hero, good values. I went with him to his church and he came with me to mine. At his church, they asked me to fill out an info card, including my cell phone number. I always got a kinda funny feeling about this church because they were very focused on building their next big fancy new church. Well, the VERY FIRST THING they ever texted me was a solicitation for donation. Not an uplifting message, not something inviting me to get closer to God... something begging for money so they could spread their empire.

I immediately said out loud, "False religion," deleted and blocked them. I told the guy I was seeing, and while he agreed they were coming on too strong begging for money, he had been going to that church for a long time and couldn't really be objective.

ChefAllDay

Kingfisher
I have always thought Sunday morning worship specifically, was used to control men; who on a Sunday morning would rather be out hunting/fishing/riding or some other activity. Suits, singing and being on your best behavior no thanks. Reading your bible while sitting beside a river with a fishing rod in hand? Yes please.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Not really on the specific topic of men, but I see a lot of churches are serving up milk. Once you’re past a certain point in your spiritual growth milk won’t do. Yet shallow churches all over cater to baby Christians while the mature believers starve. We are all responsible for our own relationship with God, but I personally don’t want to waste my time getting up and dressed and out the door for some shallow sappy “sermon” on stuff I’m not in need of.

We haven’t been to church in years. I searched when we lived in the city. There were many, many churches to choose from but all were compromised. They were seeker friendly or had women pastors or other obvious lefty ideas if you knew what to look for. I was amused by the fact that the only church that passed muster was a Presbyterian Korean church, lol. They did have an English interpreter at least. We moved soon after so we never went.

Elipe

Pelican
I have always thought Sunday morning worship specifically, was used to control men; who on a Sunday morning would rather be out hunting/fishing/riding or some other activity. Suits, singing and being on your best behavior no thanks. Reading your bible while sitting beside a river with a fishing rod in hand? Yes please.
On the other hand, reading your Bible while sitting beside a river with a fishing rod in hand is a good Saturday activity. But Sunday church is also for fellowship, it is a time to get together with other believers and glorify God with fellowship. From your quote here, I'm reading you as an introvert. I am one too, but that's exactly why we need Sunday morning church, so that there is a time we can drag ourselves away from our nice, quiet solitude and mingle. The life of a Christian is not - should not be - solitary. A hand cannot say to the foot, "I don't need you."

Because, let's face it, as introverts, we need to be dragged into social activities. Sunday morning being a tradition adds motivation to drag us out our front doors.

Not really on the specific topic of men, but I see a lot of churches are serving up milk. Once you’re past a certain point in your spiritual growth milk won’t do. Yet shallow churches all over cater to baby Christians while the mature believers starve. We are all responsible for our own relationship with God, but I personally don’t want to waste my time getting up and dressed and out the door for some shallow sappy “sermon” on stuff I’m not in need of.

We haven’t been to church in years. I searched when we lived in the city. There were many, many churches to choose from but all were compromised. They were seeker friendly or had women pastors or other obvious lefty ideas if you knew what to look for. I was amused by the fact that the only church that passed muster was a Presbyterian Korean church, lol. They did have an English interpreter at least. We moved soon after so we never went.
We are in a similar situation. I am in total agreement with you, it is hard to find a church that offers "meat" and consequently make you excited to attend church. Not because they get some teenagers to bang some trash cans together in a faux "rock concert" before the sermon, but because you're fellowshipping with other believers that want to level up in their relationship with the Lord rather than coast on milk and inferior rock.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
We are in a similar situation. I am in total agreement with you, it is hard to find a church that offers "meat" and consequently make you excited to attend church. Not because they get some teenagers to bang some trash cans together in a faux "rock concert" before the sermon, but because you're fellowshipping with other believers that want to level up in their relationship with the Lord rather than coast on milk and inferior rock.

Yes, and LOLZ at inferior rock....

Absolutely, this. My wife and I are looking around for a church, but it's sometimes hard to get motivated about that when nearly every church does this Jesus Is My Boyfriend thing. One thing I look at very carefully when observing a church service is how many of the members mask up, whether the pastor and other staff mask up too, and the kinds of songs they sing. I've also caught myself subconsciously rating the physiognomy of the members.

I'm looking for a church that doesn't hesitate to punch people in the guts with hard messages, especially if some of those messages are considered verboten in today's society, such as those on the immorality of homosexuality. I want a church where the pastor doesn't hem and haw when you ask him if the Bible forbids homosexuality.

It's less that I care specifically about the homosexuality issue and more that I want a church that is run by people who don't get worried about offending the kingdom of Satan.

One excuse I've heard from plenty of limp-wristed pastors with thick-rimmed glasses is that churches should be "engaging" the culture. Bud, what do you think the churches have been trying to do the past half-century? If you think the church is struggling to reach people because it's not "engaging" the culture enough, you're meeting the very definition of insanity! Trying the same thing and expecting different results.

Spiritually thirsty people don't want to be "culturally engaged". It is like offering a thirsty man in the desert a glass of sand. People crave real spirituality: to be satisfied by the Fount of living water that is Christ. That living water is not mixed in with any sand or poison, yet so many insist that a little poison must be worked into the living water to make it palatable. But doing so renders the water no longer living water.

Fitting, is it not, that a society that prefers drinking soda that is poisonous to their health over drinking water, is also a society that believes that a similar treatment should be applied to the living water of God?
There is may be a place for honey in regards to sweetness as in the firstfruit offerings like the feasts in celebration of the resurrection but it was not accepted as an offering to God himself which would have made for a burnt offering.

Outside of that our Worship is to be seasoned with salt rather than the emotional manipulative saccharine scenes that we see nowadays.

Artificial sweetness and Men's fancies have no place. But presenting ourselves as a living sacrifice seasoned with the salt of sincerity, purity and faithfulness treating God with all the gravity of his holiness. And respecting his dignity, honor and majesty.

It's no coincidence that springs of water has some dissolved salts that flavor it and help make in refreshing. Perhaps living water too is also more likely to be a bit salty rather than sugary and purifies us in the process.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
"Biblically because men have the greater authority, much more is expected from them. They are more accountable. They are the bearers of the responsibility in society and in the family as well as in every other sphere."

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
"Biblically because men have the greater authority, much more is expected from them. They are more accountable. They are the bearers of the responsibility in society and in the family as well as in every other sphere."
It's really quite shocking how effectively the overlords degraded decent values in men. We should all be ever vigilant.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
It's really quite shocking how effectively the overlords degraded decent values in men. We should all be ever vigilant.
This burden from Christian men's abdication is too heavy for women to bear, as is evident in feminism. Adam abdicated by following like a sheeple to the slaughter. If he had turned to God for intervention, the first sin would not have been complete to become fully sin.

Although the numbers in the Catholic church are pretty balanced, I believe the gay Novus Ordo tradition does simply not appeal at all to young men. The center of the TLM is the sacrifice of and the solumn prayer toward Christ, the conversion and the actual presence of Christ in bread and wine. One truly has a religious experience every time going to a Latin Mass. I went to a Novus Ordo mass yesterday, as I could not attend my usual mass, and it was just bland and lame. I have no other words to characterize it. Laymen just read passages from the Bible, the selection of songs and the singing by the laymen is absolutely dreadful, e.g. when the Kyrie was supposed to be sung, they sang some weird German song about how God should be venerated. Why not stick to a holy tune that has been around for so long? Additionally, the way communion is given to you is just not at all, how it was supposed to be done. I'd have understood, if they somehow integrated some more interaction into the old mass, but leave most elements and the spirit of the old mass intact. In a lot of ways, Catholics have become more Protestant in their liturgy, which appeals, as the brilliant members before me have alluded to, more to women. Mass should not really be primarily about communion with other Christians. I see this sentiment on nearly every female profile on Christian dating sites.

In short, I really do not see, how, if I took a non-believing friend to a Novus Order mass, he would be converted to Christ. If, however, he heard a TLM, he could be intrigued by the mysteries that it beholds. Just my two cents.

God bless!

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Came across disturbing social engineering for online dating:

Users now have the option to add a “pro-choice” badge to their OKCupid profiles.
For every profile that adds the badge, OkCupid will donate $1 to Planned Parenthood. [NY Times article link]

Why are even secular men accepting of such low moral standards?

If a dating woman is willing to destroy an innocent life for the sake of sexual pleasure, vanity, and convenience why would a man want to defile himself with such an individual? She is willing to not only murder her child, but potentially his child.

Praying for more states to follow Texas on abortion laws. Shame the behaviours (acceptors and practitioners).
Non believers do not battle with sin they embrace the sin that enslaves them. Personally, feel sorrow for these lost souls of this world, and the deceased aborted souls.

Ephesians 4:2
“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.”

Romans 15:5
“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.”

Psalm 37:7
“Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.”

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
Increasing wealth and standard of living/technology makes it easier to "forget God." It is the main reason, though it has been in motion for centuries.
I feel the need to add that this state of human affairs also increases the number of men, which I have remarked on many times before - skewing the intersexual dynamic (marketplace). Why? Simultaneously, new measures are attempted by (weaker) men as a form of mating strategy, which continue to lower selection pressure on women regarding what men want in a long term partner.