Why the lack of Male participation in Religion in the West?

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
This was covered in a very old and probably deleted thread in this very forum. The gist of it went that men don't participate in modern religious organizations, particularly Christian sects, because they do not get any wisdom out of it. Who can blame them, really?

If the goal is to keep the cat ladies happy and the collection plate full, you treat the parish like a voting block and you tell them what they want to hear. The men just walked away in disgust.

Jessie

Sparrow
Woman
We have just as many men in our church as we do women. I mean, sometimes more girls are born than boys, and that skews things. But for the most part, it’s very balanced. Our services are 100% male led and even the hard passages of scripture are taught without apology, so I think it helps keep men engaged. When women take over (a natural tendency, albeit wrong) the men leave.

ItalianStallion9

Woodpecker
I can't stand the feminine music. It reminds me of Celine Dion love songs. I've tried to like it, but can't help it. Some old bands (DC Talk, Steven Curtis Chapman, POD, Skillet) peak my interest but can't do these Hillsong / Bethel Music mini concerts.

Jessie

Sparrow
Woman
I can't stand the feminine music. It reminds me of Celine Dion love songs. I've tried to like it, but can't help it. Some old bands (DC Talk, Steven Curtis Chapman, POD, Skillet) peak my interest but can't do these Hillsong / Bethel Music mini concerts.
Hillsong/Bethel/Elevation are the worst. We just moved and 3/4 of the churches we visited use them. They are such meaningless, mindless, theologically empty lyrics. Most are so man-centric that I can’t see how God is glorified. The same churches that use them also have problems with worship leaders that draw too much attention to themselves. They do seem far more like a concert that a worship service. The good part is that when we finally found a proper church, we were that much more thankful for it.