Wife-able young women are waiting for us in the outer suburbs and regional areas...

St. Paul had a couple of statements in the New Testament that deal with limited reasons for divorce. Sterility is not one. Impotence is not one either, but I think @Emperor Constantine is saying that this would be a reason not to allow a marriage? I'm not exactly sure what the Catholic or Orthodox position on that is. I remember reading that the Puritans in early New England allowed impotence as grounds for divorce. Some would have argued that marriage was a secular institution and none of the churches business, but others justified such divorce from the Biblical command that a married person's body belongs as much to their partner as themselves. I think they would have been outliers in Christian history on that position.

Jaszczurka

Sparrow
↑Did your friend know his wife was sterile before he married her and/or slept with her?

I'm not sure what the Christian position is in regards to marrying sterile women. I assume if neither were aware of her condition until after they were married, then they would be obligated to honor their commitment to each other and accept God's will that they won't get to pass on their genes. Maybe they can adopt children and/or be involved in the lives of nieces, nephews, etc.

But I could be wrong about that. Maybe someone better versed in traditional Christian theology can correct me if I'm wrong.

As for old people getting married, it's kind of sad because it means they are either divorced or just never married (i.e. slept around and dated their whole lives).

I guess it could also be two people who are widowed.

In any case, none of these scenarios apply to OP's situation, so in his case it would be pointless to get married with the intention to not have kids.
Answer to your question: yes.

I'm not familiar with Catholic catechism on whether it's technically a sin to marry a sterile (but otherwise of breeding age) person. My friend's mother teaches Catholic "sex education" and it's ok to even practice "the rhythm method" (my father jokingly called it "Pope's roulette") Provided no prophylactics were used, no sinning occurred.

My own background: Been married 16 years, 1 daughter. My advice to the OP. I have a daughter but if I had a son, here's my 2 cents for what it's worth:

The guy's in his early 40's. Many of his most compatible choices are going to be women who are sterile. If he's ok with this, he can leverage this to his advantage in choosing a stable, valuable woman. But this is a special case, of course.

By the same token... when I was close to that age range, it was advantageous to me in dating because I was a compatible age range with "baby rabies" women. Many of them aren't twisted feminists spinsters like Emma Watson. They're just raised to be lazy. In other cultures, women are expected to have an active interest in searching out good men. But in the states, even before feminism, women here were raised to think like "Disney" "serendipity" (awful film by that title, a case study in insanity) where relationships should "magically" happen. The women went to work, home, and just waited for "prince charming" to appear. Awkward approaches were treated with disdain as from "losers". It was the origin of "game" becoming an increasing necessity for relationships to happen and later, in spawning unhealthy PUA behavior.

Anyways, before I get away from the primary topic at hand, my point is that these women were raised to be lazy but not necessarily spiteful (but that spite happens from their sexual frustration.) Women I met in this age range and temperament were surprisngly sexually INEXPERIENCED. I tried to be "traditional" with them which was a failure because at that point, their nervousness was making them unstable in even courting them. They were panicked baby rabies spinsters.

Note: I'm not advocating being a PUA, but rather if he used game with the objective to wean these women into a stable relationship, he could land a significantly valuable woman.

Funny story: I was on the path to this myself and then it turns out, I was 37 and got engaged to a 27 year old Ukrainian woman I had met in Poland visiting relatives. But that was totally out of the blue. I had been prepared to go "bargain bin" and work on finding a "barn car" American and fixing it up.

There ARE valuable American women in the regions he's living in, but they're fixer uppers. If I just criticized American women as being lazy (and to a certain degree, they can afford to be which is the problem), then many men are the same in that they want a woman whose not a fixer upper. This ia challenge because people can only be fixed up if they are willing to change. Hence, long courtships are required. Even with my wife, I was in an extended engagement for 2 years. I'm STILL working on her and she's not all that bad (too much for most of you, though. Really.)

Another story/anecdote: My wife has a colleague whose 27 years old. Not an old woman by any means, but older than my wife when I first met her. She has no plans to get married. She's working at a professioal job and looking to go to law school, at least a 3 year commitment, then hoping to get a high paying job out of that. She'd be 30 something before jumping into her first high paid job. She's fussy and lazy and has no boyfriend. What makes me wonder is I met her parents at a dinner, nice folks, but they aren't worried about this. They didn't sit her down and say: "You need to start actively doing things, like men do, to find someone. Social network, go to church socials, even use something like eharmony". She's not a bad girl, just the opposite.

He wants to see if "country girls" are available. I'm chuckling. Want to meet them? Head on out to Branson, MO or Pigeon Forge, TN. Lots of nice girls there. Many would be happy to relocate to the city and keep in touch with mom and dad for vacations. Springfield, MO is also nice and super polite. Make friends and network. But that will require commitment. Find someone in Springfield who can take him out hunting and he can come back with deer meat and maybe a long distance girlfriend. A LOT less game will be required.

Whew. Sorry about rambling. I wonder if I should delete that (my 2nd post) but I'll leave it.

Rob Banks

Pelican
@Emperor Constantine So if you marry a sterile woman (without knowing) you're supposed to accept lifelong childlessness, correct?

I wouldn't imagine it would be OK for a man in that position to abandon his wife or demand she allow him to impregnate another woman.

PixelFree

Woodpecker
My advice to the OP. I have a daughter but if I had a son, here's my 2 cents for what it's worth:

The guy's in his early 40's. Many of his most compatible choices are going to be women who are sterile. If he's ok with this, he can leverage this to his advantage in choosing a stable, valuable woman. But this is a special case, of course.
There is no way I'm not having kids.

My last few girlfriends were mid 20's. I can court them... for now.

I also think the whole 'you won't have anything in common with them' is a feminist myth.

Last edited:

bucky

Pelican
There is no way I'm not having kids.

My last few girlfriends were mid 20's. I can court them... for now.

I also think the whole 'you won't have anything in common with them' is a feminist myth.
I skimmed the above posts and didn't see about what specifically "you won't have anything in common," but since you mentioned feminists I'm guessing it's a large age difference. I could see this maaaaybe if you're talking about two or three decades of age difference, but not the 10 or 15 that I think of as an ideal age difference. I met my wife when I was in my early forties and she in her late twenties. Never had any problems relating to her because of the age difference, but until she hit 30 I'd routinely have American women volunteering without being asked that she was too young for me.

bucky

Pelican
Answer to your question: yes.

I'm not familiar with Catholic catechism on whether it's technically a sin to marry a sterile (but otherwise of breeding age) person. My friend's mother teaches Catholic "sex education" and it's ok to even practice "the rhythm method" (my father jokingly called it "Pope's roulette") Provided no prophylactics were used, no sinning occurred.

/QUOTE]

"Pope's roulette." Hilarious. I'm married to a devout Catholic and don't want more kids so this really made me laugh. Gotta remember to bring that one up the next time she tries to convince me that the rhythm method is effective.

Greyman

Sparrow
Wild Orchid is one of my favorite movies. Rourke my favorite actor. In his prime, untouchable

I had to like this for that
Funny story- Carre’ Otis was my friends neighbor and use to babysit us... her brothers a kook but she was hot as hell and even then I lusted after her even before I knew I could do more than pee out of it... the Original version of Wild Orchid was racy and almost got an X rating as Mickey and Carre’ were having sex on camera.... fun fact.

bucky

Pelican
Funny story- Carre’ Otis was my friends neighbor and use to babysit us... her brothers a kook but she was hot as hell and even then I lusted after her even before I knew I could do more than pee out of it... the Original version of Wild Orchid was racy and almost got an X rating as Mickey and Carre’ were having sex on camera.... fun fact.
Didn't know her name or much about her because I've never seen Wild Orchid. Her wikipedia article has her as a "plus sized model"! I wonder if she put on a lot of weight after the video/movie, or was she actually curvy enough to be considered "plus sized" back in the 1980s? I was in high school then and I don't remember the term "plus sized" having been invented yet.

LoveBug

Kingfisher
Crazy... and they had a crazy marriage together. I’ve been tempted to read her beauty disrupted book. I hear she’s doing well now.

William87

@PixelFree

Really interesting post about the "turning point" age for young women. A bit over 2 years ago, I had met a woman at this "turning point" age of 23. She was beautiful, highly educated and pursuing her career in medicine, but seemed a bit disillusioned with the game. She was from the Gold Coast and had relocated to Sydney and was having trouble adjusting. She was living in the outer suburbs of Sydney and had only been with a couple of dud guys in her life. 3 months into our relationship she expressed a desire to have kids.

I can only appreciate her as wife material in hindsight. I was 30 years old when I met her and was I still trying to bang everything that moved. I had a rampant sex addiction and was empowered by the game information I got from Roosh and Heartiste.

She eventually caught me cheating about 6 months into the relationship. Unfortunately, I think I've ruined this girl as a potential future wife for someone. It took her 18 months to break up with me after she caught me cheating. Eventually I got tired of only getting 50% of the woman she once was and I and reluctantly tried to pull the plug to get her back in line. As I was in the process of this she left me and blocked me everywhere. I haven't heard from her since. This was 3 months ago. It's the first time in my life where I really feel like I lost a great woman and the guilt and regret is unbearable at times.

I'm 32 now, and with the clarity of these ideas from PixelFree, I'm certainly going to try and find another woman with similar stats and wife her up. There's a very beta fear in me that I won't be able to, but I know that's just attachment anxiety playing with me head after losing such a great woman.

I worked for a number of years as a lodge manager at an upscale facility, and this very nice establishment was in a small town where if you blinked, you might miss it. I remember how so many of the young women in this place had problems with alcohol, drugs, crime, out of wedlock pregnancy and sex addiction. I got the impression that being bored and not having too much to do, caused women (and of course, also men) to get into trouble. And perhaps even much more so than their big city cousins. I had a difficult time maintaining a solid work force to keep the lodge running smoothly.

And so the idea that women are a better breed out in the sticks, makes me raise an eyebrow or two. But I suppose in the right place, with a population that can wholesomely entertain itself and retain values, you would find a bevy of quality females.

kamoz

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Didn't read all the posts but I'll post my initial thoughts. Over the years a lot of guys on this forum have fallen into the trap of idolizing certain places they hadn't been to as being some sort of promise land for wife material, whether it's Eastern Europe, the American Midwest, or in this case the suburbs. Fact of the matter is that none of these places will change your fortunes if you're looking to wife up a decent woman. Getting laid? Absolutely. You can step foot in one place and have no or extremely poor results for weeks or months, but step foot somewhere else and notice an incredible difference in a day. When it comes to someone you're willing to marry it's much more intricate and personal. You're not going to step foot somewhere and all of the sudden be in a target-rich environment full of all-American-Apple-pie-baking-stay-at-home-wife Janes or whatever. It's not something you can force. Live your life, go with the flow, pray, and pay attention (i.e. listen to God). There should be other higher priorities in terms of where you live like existing family.