Wife Hunting Abroad

Lighthouse

Chicken
@gework- Those bears adorable! I think my girl would love it. Can you say exactly where in Китай Город they would be? Buying things online here has been more of a hassle than in person, at least so far.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
If you are in Moscow you can get them here. I went to three different branches of the shop and this was the only one that had a lot of them, about 100. The shop is shaped like an L and these are in the the small part of the L, near the counter, next to the stationery isles. In the other shops they only had a few of them that were packed in above the bookshelves.

I didn't want to go through with ordering online either. I believe they have things delivered to delivery points like Wildberries.

Lighthouse

Chicken
Thank you. I always get Kitay-Gorod and Chitay-Gorod mixed up, especially in English (the "Chi" in Chitay makes me think of China).
I'll probably get one of these as a Valentine's Day gift. Even though Russians don't celebrate Valentine's Day, my fiance is aware of it. You're absolutely right about the gift thing with foreign girls.

Lighthouse said:
I've been in Russia for only a couple months, but I completely agree with RobertBryce. God blessed me with a good girl already, but I've been studying Russian since September 2018, and I actually met her online (on a Russian-speaking Christian-only site) in June. I was on the site for about 6 months already when I met her, and all of my previous experiences there were disasters. So yeah, in-person beats online for sure.
Anyway, I got engaged to this girl shortly after the New Year. She's a lifetime Baptist, serves in the church multiple times a week, 21, virgin, has a still-together father and mother, doesn't speak English, doesn't want to come to America unless I insist (!), and is a 7-8 in attractiveness. Even so, my lack of a real social circle here and the language/culture barriers are serious problems, and we argue almost daily over misunderstandings and little things. Nevertheless, she's a gem compared to the psychos we're used to in the USA, and I would recommend that other Redpill Christians who are serious about this lifestyle consider living and finding a bride in Russia. I'd also be glad to hear any tips from the more experienced chaps out here ?

I opened a new thred here regarding EE women
https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-74692-post-2058221.html#pid2058221

As for your situation, I think its a complicated one. I never had much to do with religious christian Russian girls. The ones that I met were unpleasant and bossy and obsessed with religion, intolerant of other peoples opinions. I feel like in Russia it makes no sence to search for extremely religious girls especially on christian dating websites. Christianity in Russia has been destroyed by the bolshevics, now its being used by the goverment as a propaganda machine. In Russia Id rather be with a girl who is not a devout Christian, doesnt go to church very often, but follows the general principles of christian morality and is willing to submit, to put her man first. The fact that your girl argues with everyday is a very bad sign. She seems very immature, too emotional and under the influence of hormones. I personally wouldnt date some like that. If you want a devout religious virgin you have more chance of finding one in Armenia, Georgia or Serbia. In Russia Id rather stick with slightly older girls who might have some experience and are wise, mature enough to keep a man happy in a relationship.

Pickens

Chicken
Im currently planning out my itinerary in Mexico, in regards to date different women with the intention of a real relationship...

With that said, the plan is to fly from SFO to Puerto Vallarta for 3 days, Gaudalajara for 3 days, Mexico city 2 weeks, then Merida and Playa Del Carmen to finish.

Total about 4 weeks.

I'm completely gringo. Irish/german born and raised in SF..28 yrs old. blue eyes, no espanol. Point is it will be interesting considering I may stick out like a sore thumb down there. Anyone here recommend Puerto Vallarta for dating? I'm hearing mixed advice through out the internet because of the large homosexual community there.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Pickens said:
Im currently planning out my itinerary in Mexico, in regards to date different women with the intention of a real relationship...

With that said, the plan is to fly from SFO to Puerto Vallarta for 3 days, Gaudalajara for 3 days, Mexico city 2 weeks, then Merida and Playa Del Carmen to finish.

Total about 4 weeks.

I'm completely gringo. Irish/german born and raised in SF..28 yrs old. blue eyes, no espanol. Point is it will be interesting considering I may stick out like a sore thumb down there. Anyone here recommend Puerto Vallarta for dating? I'm hearing mixed advice through out the internet because of the large homosexual community there.

For 'dating'? You are there for 3 days, just enjoy the town a bit.

You might have some more luck in MX, but even two weeks you should not expect much. Most of the nice girls there take some time, and the low hanging fruit can be pretty bad.

My advice is to just enjoy the country. Its a great place for the most part. The food is decent and the history is amazing. There are some amazing women there, but unless you have pretty tight game and know how to select and meet good women on the streets, you are gonna be running around in circles.

My bad for being off topic but does anyone know why the travel section with all those threads have disappeared? I understand we can't talk about those kind of things any but that travel section had so much useful inform. Still possible to view to those threads ?

2 Cool 4 U

Woodpecker
gework said:
It's very interesting how women value gifts in other countries.

Western women are like, "Yeah, OK." to pretty much anything.

Whereas non-Western women may get close to tears at a few trinkets.

Western women are some of the most materialistic women on earth and demand the most expensive gifts.

Kid Twist

Hummingbird
I challenge people all the time, seriously not trying to be mean, about what a western woman even does anymore to show value to a man (for marriage). The list is unbelievably small, or, it's a total tradeoff since the ones actually good looking or in shape are such a small % of the lot.

I feel like if you asked any girl at random (who eventually wanted to get married) "What do you offer a man so that he'll marry you?"

Maybe 15 out of 100 could give you a reasonable answer.

Getting back to wife hunting abroad, I really like particular central and south american types, but do you guys also feel like the dysfunctional character of such places might be too much? This has been mentioned before and since I'm an outsider I don't have the family selection thing going so they just seem like a lot of fun to "hang out with" which may or may not be good for either of us, ultimately.

Zeknichov

Sparrow
I agree with what you wrote Kid Twist. Western women offer absolutely nothing. I have a really hard time being excited for any western women I've gone on dates with. I actually find not only do western women offer nothing they specifically advertise themselves in ways that make them less desirable. It is almost as if they want a man willing to accept them at negative value so they know they have all the power in the relationship. That's at least the impression I get.

I've given up dating and here I am, on this forum... I don't have sufficient privileges to make my own topic so here I am replying to this one. I'm wondering if anyone could offer me some advice.

I'm not particularly happy with western culture all around, not just in regards to women but egalitarianism is not something I admire. I prefer very individualistic cultures as that is where my values most align. I feel the egalitarian push in western countries essentially oppresses the individual in an attempt to bring everyone closer to the mean in terms of outcome in life. I hate this and I feel feminism, along with women's interests in general also push this value as it was how they brought themselves inline with men from a power perspective.

With that being said, I am most interested in meeting a woman who loves men, would love me, wants to engage in monogamy, have children and raise a family. I don't want her to be hyper-focused on career, social reputation or materialism. I do want her to be focused on her appearance and on traditional feminine characteristics such as empathy, sensitivity, gentleness and humility. I prefer white women over any other race in terms of appearance. I was hoping to maybe leave Canada behind and integrate with a better culture. I've done some traveling before but I just don't really know where best I would integrate with. I actually think Singapore in terms of career/living would be best then trying to meet a vietnamese or other southeastern asian woman might be the ideal; however, I am constantly attracted to Eastern Europe but I'm not convinced Eastern Europe is any different than western culture. It seems to be heading in that direction incredibly quickly and while the women there might still act the part, they aspire to be like western women.

Does anyone have any ideas on what location I should try to get a job in and move to in order to live a happy life with a woman and raise a family? I don't think I'm going to ever find what I'm looking for out west. I realize many people have given advice on here and I've read it but I was hoping someone might be able to give me some specific advice based on my values which I've shared. Also, this topic was started 5 years and 5 years in this day and age is almost a whole generation. What people thought about areas 5 years ago are different now. I feel like I'm constantly fighting against time here with more and more places becoming less desirable for me as time goes on.

Last edited:

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Does anyone have any ideas on what location I should try to get a job in and move to in order to live a happy life with a woman and raise a family? I don't think I'm going to ever find what I'm looking for out west. I realize many people have given advice on here and I've read it but I was hoping someone might be able to give me some specific advice based on my values which I've shared. Also, this topic was started 5 years and 5 years in this day and age is almost a whole generation. What people thought about areas 5 years ago are different now. I feel like I'm constantly fighting against time here with more and more places becoming less desirable for me as time goes on.

Since it seems you are not location independent it is difficult. I have come to realise the difficulty in moving to one of these countries, even though I am location independent. I saw a survey recently that show the least favourable countries to immigrate to - Serbia, Macedonia and Montenegro were the countries where people were most opposed to immigration. I've had good times in those countries, but it would not be easy moving there.

As has been covered, the type of girls who you would be most interested likely have a preference for their countrymen. What is the value of an unknown outsider who has no reputation, going to their country and looking for a wife and settling for the same wage as their countrymen. At best you bring a bit of seed capital, $20K or something.

With this said I've been in two situations in which I though families I'd just encountered in Serbia were keen to the possibility of my courtship of their young daughters. The issue here is the language barrier. These people could not speak English and I only knew very basic Serbian.

One of my key relisations now is that I should have learned one foreign language and traveled around the villages, talking to the shopkeepers, the hotel people, people in restaurants and going to churches. If I had done that I know I'd be paired off now with a girl who can't speak English and doesn't known what globohomo is.

Also, you've got to be 100% committed to it. If lust is still supreme in your mind over love and family, you will make poor choices with your limited resources and options. If you can't just fix yourself on one girl and concentrate on sweeping her off her feet; if you still have the possibility in your mind of another girl or bang then you are likely wasting your time jetting off.

In the current situation I would look on Christian dating sites. There are good arguments against it, but from what you have said it's your best avenue at the moment. In particular there are a lot of at least considerably better than average girls on them.

Nemausus

Woodpecker
Gold Member
@Zeknichov : What part of Canada are you based in? There are still a lot of places in this country where you can find the type of girls you describe:

I am most interested in meeting a woman who loves men, would love me, wants to engage in monogamy, have children and raise a family. I don't want her to be hyper-focused on career, social reputation or materialism. I do want her to be focused on her appearance and on traditional feminine characteristics such as empathy, sensitivity, gentleness and humility. I prefer white women over any other race in terms of appearance.

These girls exist in Canada, but you likely won't find them using apps/online game anymore or in the central core of the largest cities. They usually come from second-tier cities, suburbs or rural areas. Most often, they attended Community College instead of University. When I was in my notch collecting years I foolishly discarded many of these girls.

I have found that the best way to meet them is to pick up some hobbies that both men and women participate in or to grow your social circle. Get into a routine where you are put into contact with the same girls repeatedly. (Visit the same coffee shop, attend a weekly second language conversation circle, attend the same gym at consistent times, etc).

I've spent a lot of time in Eastern Europe and have come to the same conclusion as yourself. As good as EE girls look (and act), they are becoming rapidly Westernized. Those EE girls may appear more feminine, but that doesn't make them more traditionally minded.

Zeknichov

Sparrow
@Zeknichov : What part of Canada are you based in? There are still a lot of places in this country where you can find the type of girls you describe:

These girls exist in Canada, but you likely won't find them using apps/online game anymore or in the central core of the largest cities. They usually come from second-tier cities, suburbs or rural areas. Most often, they attended Community College instead of University. When I was in my notch collecting years I foolishly discarded many of these girls.

I have found that the best way to meet them is to pick up some hobbies that both men and women participate in or to grow your social circle. Get into a routine where you are put into contact with the same girls repeatedly. (Visit the same coffee shop, attend a weekly second language conversation circle, attend the same gym at consistent times, etc).

I've spent a lot of time in Eastern Europe and have come to the same conclusion as yourself. As good as EE girls look (and act), they are becoming rapidly Westernized. Those EE girls may appear more feminine, but that doesn't make them more traditionally minded.

I'm currently living in Calgary, Alberta, which you'd think would perhaps be one of the better locations given your idea of wanting to find small town girls but I find it's actually one of the worst. There's three main things working against me:

1. I am not a huge outdoors person. I play tennis and golf which are really the only outdoors stuff I like to do. Everyone here seems obsessed with the outdoors such as camping, hiking, skiing/snowboarding and/or mountain climbing. I've tried it all but I'm not really into that stuff at all. I also hate country music and am not really big into hunting, fishing or any country stuff. I maybe go to Banff once a year and that's enough for me. My idea of a nice outdoors experience is hitting up a winery in Kewlona and sipping some wines outside while eating a nice meal at a restaurant not running my generator to my trailer at my busy over booked camp site while I pretend I'm the Crocodile Hunter so I can tell all my friends how busy I was on the weekend.

2. It's extremely easy for anyone and their dog to make $100k/yr here with a high standard of living so I find my academic/intellectual ability which normally would go further in cities with an average standard of living isn't very valuable in Calgary. I do live right downtown and I find the women I encounter around here or on dating apps all tend to be extremely career focused. They all think they're killing it at life because it has been super easy for everyone to get an extremely high standard of living. No one has any respect or appreciation for the actual effort some people have had to put into things to get ahead. The fact I'm in a steady $100k/yr job and I am just looking for someone serious to settle down with seems to be a complete turn off to all the women I'm meeting. They all seem to still want to make partner at their firm, want a guy who is super career focused like them on track to be doing way better than them and seemingly killing it at life with large social circles of people constantly doing outdoors stuff. I'm told by a lot of women that I'm boring because I'm not gogogo hopping around to the the next weekend trip, career move or whatever else people have going on. I'm looking for more of a homebody kind of woman. I find the constant gogogo outdoors person here stressful tbh. I'd rather go watch a play than go on a ski trip.

3. The other issue is of course looks. I find the style of Calgarian guys that women are into tend to not align with who I am at all and that's also true of the small town girls around here. There's this look to country/small town guys that I can't quite explain. It's that not well polished, kind of rough but at the same time actually very polished but in a I played hockey growing up in a small town and wear baseball caps/sweaters while rocking that I'm a small town Canadian look. I stand out like a sore thumb. I remember trying to conform by going to a country event during stampede and the girl I started talking to said straight up: "you don't like country music, do you?" and there's absolutely no way she could have known unless I stand out that badly. I've actually gone on dates twice while wearing jeans and a nice casual collared shirt (absolutely nothing fancy and including a collared jean styled shirt) that probably would be considered under dressed in Toronto/Montreal only to be asked why I was so over dressed.

I really just don't fit the style/culture of this city at all.

What's that rule about laws of attraction or something? None of my friends here are doing well at all (significant other wise; guy or girl) and everyone seems to hate the location or is coming around to realizing the location is the problem. I don't seem to fit in with the standard Calgarian crowd so I seem to attract the outsiders who also, like me, don't seem to fit in here. If you're on a website about dating women, you'll know how bad it is to be starting from a position of social outsider to attract good looking women.

Last edited:

Zeknichov

Sparrow
Since it seems you are not location independent it is difficult. I have come to realise the difficulty in moving to one of these countries, even though I am location independent. I saw a survey recently that show the least favourable countries to immigrate to - Serbia, Macedonia and Montenegro were the countries where people were most opposed to immigration. I've had good times in those countries, but it would not be easy moving there.

As has been covered, the type of girls who you would be most interested likely have a preference for their countrymen. What is the value of an unknown outsider who has no reputation, going to their country and looking for a wife and settling for the same wage as their countrymen. At best you bring a bit of seed capital, $20K or something.

With this said I've been in two situations in which I though families I'd just encountered in Serbia were keen to the possibility of my courtship of their young daughters. The issue here is the language barrier. These people could not speak English and I only knew very basic Serbian.

One of my key relisations now is that I should have learned one foreign language and traveled around the villages, talking to the shopkeepers, the hotel people, people in restaurants and going to churches. If I had done that I know I'd be paired off now with a girl who can't speak English and doesn't known what globohomo is.

Also, you've got to be 100% committed to it. If lust is still supreme in your mind over love and family, you will make poor choices with your limited resources and options. If you can't just fix yourself on one girl and concentrate on sweeping her off her feet; if you still have the possibility in your mind of another girl or bang then you are likely wasting your time jetting off.

In the current situation I would look on Christian dating sites. There are good arguments against it, but from what you have said it's your best avenue at the moment. In particular there are a lot of at least considerably better than average girls on them.

My mom actually suggested I go to church and look for religious women. I have a hard time with pretending to be into a religion just to find a woman though. It just irks me morally. I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea. I may come around to it but it just doesn't sit well with me at the moment.

TripleG

Kingfisher
Gold Member
@ Zeknichov, "My mom actually suggested I go to church and look for religious women. I have a hard time with pretending to be into a religion just to find a woman though. It just irks me morally. I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea. I may come around to it but it just doesn't sit well with me at the moment. "
Your mom in theory is right but reality is different. I just don't see how one can look for a girl at church when all the concentration is on God, praying and the homily and most people leave right after church services. I've gone to a few after church events at the local Catholic Cathedral like bible study and coffee hour but even though I live in a city with lot's of young professionals majority of the people who go to church meetings are either older "singles", immigrants or people who have to be there, for example couples about to get married and wanting to talk to the pastor and fellow parishioners.
My suggestion as someone who has been to close to over 80 countries is to start traveling and try to meet women that way. I am not against using dating websites as you can easily filter by search criteria such as religion, kids and if someone has been divorced which is a red flag. Then travel to a conservative/religious country, trust me it will be better than where you're at. I did that type of travel a few years back to Belarus and did not regret it, meeting a nice lady who wanted a serious relationship (alas at that time I did not believe in long-distance relationships).

Zeknichov

Sparrow
@ Zeknichov, "My mom actually suggested I go to church and look for religious women. I have a hard time with pretending to be into a religion just to find a woman though. It just irks me morally. I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea. I may come around to it but it just doesn't sit well with me at the moment. "
Your mom in theory is right but reality is different. I just don't see how one can look for a girl at church when all the concentration is on God, praying and the homily and most people leave right after church services. I've gone to a few after church events at the local Catholic Cathedral like bible study and coffee hour but even though I live in a city with lot's of young professionals majority of the people who go to church meetings are either older "singles", immigrants or people who have to be there, for example couples about to get married and wanting to talk to the pastor and fellow parishioners.
My suggestion as someone who has been to close to over 80 countries is to start traveling and try to meet women that way. I am not against using dating websites as you can easily filter by search criteria such as religion, kids and if someone has been divorced which is a red flag. Then travel to a conservative/religious country, trust me it will be better than where you're at. I did that type of travel a few years back to Belarus and did not regret it, meeting a nice lady who wanted a serious relationship (alas at that time I did not believe in long-distance relationships).

Well, I'm divorced so I'm not entirely against it. I got used pretty hard by my ex for my money while I paid for everything for her while she went to law school, including her tuition. By the way, you can't split intangible assets and her job was considered no better than my own so no alimony, in fact she had a better case for it than me but fortunately I got that waived. In her last year she cheated on me and started treating me like shit. I ended up losing probably $50k from the whole thing (we owned a house too). She really was only into me for the money and pushed getting married I think to make getting my money easier. I was really stupid though and we first met when I was 20yo so I had no clue what I was doing. I'm 32yo now and have been divorced for 4 years now for reference.

I have had a number of people suggest traveling to meet people. I have been traveling and I do meet people, I've just never really been able to establish anything permanent. I have a friend who's done this in Calgary. He's been seeing girls he's met through traveling but man what an expense that is. The guy makes 50% more than I do and lives poorer than I do to finance all his traveling/distance relationships. I'm not opposed to it though I might try this. It has been suggested to me by another guy I trust his opinion on. I'm currently working from home and might be home until September so I was thinking of moving down to Costa Rica (it's in the same time zone ish) for a couple months until I'm back in the office just to see how that goes. Thanks for the advice.

Seeker79

Kingfisher
Well, I'm divorced so I'm not entirely against it. I got used pretty hard by my ex for my money while I paid for everything for her while she went to law school, including her tuition. By the way, you can't split intangible assets and her job was considered no better than my own so no alimony, in fact she had a better case for it than me but fortunately I got that waived. In her last year she cheated on me and started treating me like shit. I ended up losing probably $50k from the whole thing (we owned a house too). She really was only into me for the money and pushed getting married I think to make getting my money easier. I was really stupid though and we first met when I was 20yo so I had no clue what I was doing. I'm 32yo now and have been divorced for 4 years now for reference.

I have had a number of people suggest traveling to meet people. I have been traveling and I do meet people, I've just never really been able to establish anything permanent. I have a friend who's done this in Calgary. He's been seeing girls he's met through traveling but man what an expense that is. The guy makes 50% more than I do and lives poorer than I do to finance all his traveling/distance relationships. I'm not opposed to it though I might try this. It has been suggested to me by another guy I trust his opinion on. I'm currently working from home and might be home until September so I was thinking of moving down to Costa Rica (it's in the same time zone ish) for a couple months until I'm back in the office just to see how that goes. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Has divorce changed your perspective on marriage? It's also insane what guys spend to maintain LTR or wife. If both are working in a relationship, spending should not be one sided.

ivanverr

Pigeon
Orthodox
What's that rule about laws of attraction or something? None of my friends here are doing well at all (significant other wise; guy or girl) and everyone seems to hate the location or is coming around to realizing the location is the problem. I don't seem to fit in with the standard Calgarian crowd so I seem to attract the outsiders who also, like me, don't seem to fit in here. If you're on a website about dating women, you'll know how bad it is to be starting from a position of social outsider to attract good looking women.

I would be tempted to advise you to find an EE woman and live with her in a country where you both can speak the language or at least be able to learn it quickly.

I would not recommend living in EE if you are used to/wanting to keep the Canadian standard of living, safety, etc. On the other hand, you mentioned you don't dig the Canadian culture too much, so perhaps this might not be too much of an issue for you. I guess it comes down to how much you would be able to adapt to a new culture. I wouldn't recommend to bring a trad girl to the West, unless you have carefully scrutinized her "corruptibility factor".

If I was you I would try and meet a Polish, Romanian or FSU woman (depending on your taste) who speaks reasonably good English, who is attractive but not in a flashy way, has less than 500 IG followers, and has a level of education not beyond undergraduate college degree - high school only would be ideal.

I would then meet her family and make sure she has a decent emotional relationship with both parents. I would then consider moving her to the West but only if I am very much certain she could preserve her values AND integrate to the new culture fairly smoothly.

If I was location independent I would live with her and raise a family in a safe foreigner-friendly country, but far away from Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities. A nice village where you can also find a strong sense of community, a local church, some like-minded men and women. Some nice villages I've seen on the south coast of England, Spain or France spring to mind.

This is not an easy task in 2020 by any means, but not impossible either. You can achieve this by traveling (whenever this will be possible again), or using online tools. I used fdating in the past with decent success.

Once you have circumvented the various obstacles posed by logistics, language barriers and whatnot, you will have to show that you can offer masculine values, which are paramount to attract good quality EE trad women who want to start a family.

As she will offer her caring and motherly values, she expects you to provide for and protect her and your family. Only then you can expect her to submit to you.

Last edited: