Will you take the vaccine?

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
My husband had a work meeting on Friday that said contracts renewing for the next year are going to be amended to require a Covid vaccine. They’re spinning it as a “work place safety measure.” The worst part is the company brought everyone in and gave them “swag bags” before telling them about the future contract changes. So slimy... HR is pulling out all the stops.

They also said that people who wanted to continue with this company but not be vaccinated would be given “accommodation” but that their “placement” within the company may change (ie, moved to lower paid, less desirable position).

(Our state doesn’t allow exemptions unless medical for children. Interestingly, these changes happened in the fall of 2019... right before The Great Hoax.)

On a positive note, in my observation, the Newly Vaxxed seem really perturbed that they still have to wear masks and socially distance and are *pushing back* (whatever that means). Once all the eager beavers are vaxxed and are then told they need to re-vax for the rest of their lives... they’ll start to relapse into rational thought (hopefully). Also, there will be a plateau soon of vaccinations. All the sheep that wanted them will have gotten them by the end of summer, hold out until then.

Negative note, some churches are imposing Jim Crowe Era discrimination regarding vaxxed and unvaxxed services (there’s been posts on the forum about this already but I never thought I would actually see it). My own mom (who lived in the South during the Civil Rights Movement...) just thinks, “it’s soooo great!” I told her it sounds like discrimination and that I guess we’ll never sit together at church again... It’s so sad when someone you love gives you the NPC short-circuit look. Those who have seen it know what I’m talking about...

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
My husband had a work meeting on Friday that said contracts renewing for the next year are going to be amended to require a Covid vaccine. They’re spinning it as a “work place safety measure.” The worst part is the company brought everyone in and gave them “swag bags” before telling them about the future contract changes. So slimy... HR is pulling out all the stops.

I don't think pharmaceutical companies are even allowed to do that kind of thing anymore, it's considered pandering. A regular company doing that (hehe here's some candy and a beer coozie, get your jab) is pretty disturbing.
On a positive note, in my observation, the Newly Vaxxed seem really perturbed that they still have to wear masks and socially distance and are *pushing back* (whatever that means). Once all the eager beavers are vaxxed and are then told they need to re-vax for the rest of their lives... they’ll start to relapse into rational thought (hopefully). Also, there will be a plateau soon of vaccinations. All the sheep that wanted them will have gotten them by the end of summer, hold out until then.

It's positive but I've also noticed that some people really like having privileges over others to "do" normal things (that all of us have been doing for the past year). So I can see getting asked going to church, or going to the grocery store, "Did you get your vacciiiinnne? Well, then, wear a mask. Hope you like wearing the thing you rail against." (Turning into a bizarre reversal of last year, only worse because there will be a physical marker, and most people are angry at masks in general but not saying it.)

Also I can see the soft pressure of people saying, "Get the shot. I really want you to come to this wedding, etc. Let's go back to normal. I know you're a conspiracy theorist, you've always been that way, I'm worried about your family and your mental health."

I've mentioned Aktion T4 in other threads, which was Hitler's large scale culling of the disabled in public institutions (which they tried to blame on pneumonia, colds, etc). People figured it out though and it was the only Nazi program that had to stop from public outcry. Oftentimes doctors would do an examination and then take children away for, reasons.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemens_August_Graf_von_Galen he led a big pushback

Last edited:

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
I don't think pharmaceutical companies are even allowed to do that kind of thing anymore, it's considered pandering.

Search Open Payments 2019 last updated

The Open Payments Search Tool is used to search payments made by drug and medical device companies to physicians and teaching hospitals. [database link].

Let's go back to normal. I know you're a conspiracy theorist, you've always been that way, I'm worried about your family and your mental health."

This is scary because it could lead to a red flag situation:

Biden says gun violence in U.S. is an epidemic, unveils executive actions and calls for national red flag law [database link].

• The actions direct the Justice Department to craft a rule addressing untraceable “ghost guns” and to publish example “red flag” legislation for states.
  • Biden also called for a national red-flag law.

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
There were a bunch of old ladies at church today who haven't been there in over a year because they finally got their jab. I was struggling so much to love them like christ while they were talking in church, and not only talk but discuss how they got their jabs and, oh no hugging, but leaning in to hear each other through the masks.

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
Johnson and Johnson has a history of putting profit over health.

Judge Rules Johnson & Johnson Should Pay $344M In Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit Related To Its Marketing Practices​

“J&J knew the dangers but put its profits ahead of the health of millions of women" [article links]

Do you trust a J&J Jab?

Second vaccine site paused after adverse reactions to Johnson & Johnson shots [article link]

The news came a day after a coronavirus vaccination site in Colorado shut down operations Wednesday after around a dozen people also suffered adverse reactions — including nausea and dizziness — to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

In the aftermath of the reports, Johnson & Johnson said in a statement that it was “collecting the necessary information, including from the local vaccination center, to assess these reports.”

There is no greater priority than the safety and well-being of the people we serve, and we carefully review reports of adverse events in individuals receiving our medicines and vaccines,” the statement said.

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
There were a bunch of old ladies at church today who haven't been there in over a year because they finally got their jab. I was struggling so much to love them like christ while they were talking in church, and not only talk but discuss how they got their jabs and, oh no hugging, but leaning in to hear each other through the masks.

Ugh. Same... everyone is talking about it like a great new product, "which one did you get"

The normies are also in more optimistic mode. They did regular communion for the first time in a year (the bishop was there and I get a feeling he might be leaning more to our side, as he stressed the word "experimental" haha) They stopped doing it for awhile, then did a weird after-liturgy thing where one could go in the sacristy privately (I have to go to work right after so we have to leave early most of the time anyway). My husband didn't go (he was raised only going a few times a year) but I took our baby up and he screamed his head off. Fun

One of our friends made an FB post today mocking "conspiracy theorists" (getting my Bill Gates microchip implanted today) and ended it "everyone NEEDS to get this so we can go back to normal."

Elipe

Kingfisher
One of our friends made an FB post today mocking "conspiracy theorists" (getting my Bill Gates microchip implanted today) and ended it "everyone NEEDS to get this so we can go back to normal."
A good question to ask those people is, "What percentage of the population needs to have taken the jab before we can declare the pandemic over and abolish all ongoing pandemic management processes (e.g. lockdowns)?"

Force them to talk in terms of actual, hard metrics. They can't. All they know is the fear, but they can't explain the fear. They talk about getting back to normal, but they have no idea where exactly that goal line is.

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
A good question to ask those people is, "What percentage of the population needs to have taken the jab before we can declare the pandemic over and abolish all ongoing pandemic management processes (e.g. lockdowns)?"

Force them to talk in terms of actual, hard metrics. They can't. All they know is the fear, but they can't explain the fear. They talk about getting back to normal, but they have no idea where exactly that goal line is.

Supposedly there is a lot of moral panic/hysteria before each big cultural shift in history. I think people feel it coming, but don't know what it's going to look like.

Even though boomers get a lot of shade, they still generally live their lives pretty normally, with big familial events as their focus. Births, graduations, weddings, birthday parties, reunions, funerals (your mileage may vary with this). They were probably the first generation to make collecting stuff or being a fan of something into a personality trait. Not everyone is like that (there are plenty of grumpy, antisocial, misanthropic, or hedonistic ones), but younger people-- as the product of the previous more atomized society-- often don't.

Most boomers basically have the mentality of children who are "where did all the adults go," because they still think there's a functioning societal structure without putting the work in.

(This is where having old people friends comes in handy: one in her early 80s sighed and said, "well this stuff is nothing new. We used to park the kids in front of the TV and use it as a baby-sitter, and I regret doing that.)

In short boomers are realizing they're going to die sooner than later but doing it collectively and would rather destroy society than admit it. The vaccine offers a mental protection.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
I get the distinct impression my mother-in-law is using lefty techniques to proselytize her pro-jab beliefs to us. I’m sure she learned them on The View, which she loves but insists it’s not propaganda. She tried “reasoning”( I use that term very loosely), but my hubby shot her down with facts. She kept at him for awhile. She’s now onto comparison guilting (she rattled off the names of all her children and grandchildren who got jabbed) combined with thinking somehow working through me will be effective. I think because I don’t argue with her she thinks I’m on the fence or agree with her.

She fails to realize how obvious she is.

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman

"The authors of the paper stated that the `techniques for deep nasal and nasopharyngeal swabs may be easily confused’. They offer instructions for those conducting the tests. Here’s one part of their instructions: `it involves swab insertion into the nasal cavity at a plane between the opening of the nose and the external ear canal on the patient, which can be considered as the horizontal plane for the purpose of relationship to surface anatomy. This will allow the swab to be inserted parallel to the nasal floor which would avoid injury to the middle turbinates. Swabs inserted in an upward orientation into the nasal cavity, (greater than 30 degrees) not only have a risk of failing to achieve an adequate diagnostic sample from the desired nasal mucosa and nasopharynx but also puts the patient at greater risk of injury to the thin and delicate areas of the skull base (attachment of middle turbinate and cribriform plate) which are superior and anterior to the sphenoid sinus ostium.’ There is then an illustration for swabbing and the authors conclude: `We urge that this angle is not exceeded when performing diagnostic tests as it places the patient at greatest risk of serious adverse events.’

I suggest that anyone having a PCR test should ensure that the person holding the swab has studied and understood these instructions – and will follow them."

Transcript available below video on that website.

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
I don't think pharmaceutical companies are even allowed to do that kind of thing anymore, it's considered pandering. A regular company doing that (hehe here's some candy and a beer coozie, get your jab) is pretty disturbing.
This is a regular company. His work is contract based so every year the contracts have to be re-signed for the next year. There’s all kinds of negotiations, changes, etc, that happen each year. HR definitely put out some money to sweeten up and placate people from balking.

I know exactly what you’re talking about. My mom is part of an older ladies church group and they can finally meet now that they had all their jabs. They all feel “safe” now... My mom told me about an older lady from church who literally hadn’t left her home for this whole time... hasn’t seen anyone, no grandkids, no friends, nobody. What a crime. The media is partially to blame for this. Although, these older people were the generation that always said, “Don’t believe everything you see on tv...” Ironic... If only more people would turn off the tv, radio, or internet and actually take a second to look around at the real world they’d realize there is no pandemic. It’s absolutely maddening.

Aloha50

Sparrow

They also said that people who wanted to continue with this company but not be vaccinated would be given “accommodation” but that their “placement” within the company may change (ie, moved to lower paid, less desirable position).

(Our state doesn’t allow exemptions unless medical for children. Interestingly, these changes happened in the fall of 2019... right before The Great Hoax.)

Negative note, some churches are imposing Jim Crowe Era discrimination regarding vaxxed and unvaxxed services (there’s been posts on the forum about this already but I never thought I would actually see it). My own mom (who lived in the South during the Civil Rights Movement...) just thinks, “it’s soooo great!” I told her it sounds like discrimination and that I guess we’ll never sit together at church again... It’s so sad when someone you love gives you the NPC short-circuit look. Those who have seen it know what I’m talking about...
I don't see that as a negative. That's a clear indicator that to a person attending such a church that they are in a false and at best luke warm church. If they had doubts, now they know for sure they need to find another church.

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
I don't see that as a negative. That's a clear indicator that to a person attending such a church that they are in a false and at best luke warm church. If they had doubts, now they know for sure they need to find another church.
That’s a good point. This “pandemania” has really separated the wheat from the chaff in many ways. We were warned that there would be false churches, I just didn’t think there would be so many of them... Pre-COVID, I would’ve vouched for my own church... It’s definitely motivated me to be less complacent in my own faith and pursue a church of “wheat.”

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
Dislike sharing these:

Johnson & Johnson Covid Vaccine: US Calls for Pause After Clotting Cases [article link]

But the particular blood clotting disorder that the vaccine recipients developed, known as cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, is extremely rare.

All of the women developed the condition within about two weeks of vaccination, and government experts are concerned that an immune system response triggered by the vaccine was the cause.

The decision is a fresh blow both to Johnson & Johnson and to the administration’s plans. Late last month, the company discovered that workers at a Baltimore plant run by its subcontractor had accidentally contaminated a batch of vaccine, forcing the firm to throw out the equivalent of 13 million to 15 million doses.

Read a university offered all current students the J&J Jab (at a clinic)before leaving campus.

Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis -- Hopkins Medicine

Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) occurs when a blood clot forms in the brain’s venous sinuses. This prevents blood from draining out of the brain. As a result, blood cells may break and leak blood into the brain tissues, forming a hemorrhage.

Risk factors for children and infants include:

• Problems with the way their blood forms clots
  • Sickle cell anemia
  • Chronic hemolytic anemia
  • Beta-thalassemia major
  • Heart disease — either congenital (you're born with it) or acquired (you develop it)
  • Iron deficiency
  • Certain infections
  • Dehydration
  • Head injury
  • For newborns, a mother who had certain infections or a history of infertility
Risk factors for adults include:

• Pregnancy and the first few weeks after delivery
  • Problems with blood clotting; for example, antiphospholipid syndrome, protein C and S deficiency, antithrombin III deficiency, lupus anticoagulant, or factor V Leiden mutation
  • Cancer
  • Collagen vascular diseases like lupus, Wegener’s granulomatosis, and Behcet syndrome
  • Obesity
  • Low blood pressure in the brain (intracranial hypotension)
  • Inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis

TexasJenn

Sparrow
Woman
Last weekend I visited an old friend. She's pretty liberal, but has been talking to me more and more about how I'm the only person she can talk to about anything controversial anymore, since pretty much all her liberal friends and family are very judgmental about any ideas that diverge from the herd, increasingly pressuring her to get the vaccine.

Like me, she wears the mask only when absolutely necessary and doesn't want the vaccine. But almost all her friends there are vaxxed and starting to socialize only with other vaccinated people who constantly wear the mask. We were out and about quite a bit, took an hour drive to an outdoor event. A friend of hers insisted we all wear masks for the entire car ride, as well as while walking around outside in a group together. I felt like I was in a weird alternate universe. I complied to be polite as the guest and not start any drama, but it was so lame :poo: I really like this guy, but was so relieved when we dropped him off and could get out of those masks.