Will you take the vaccine?

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
I’m a young lady, I turned 24 only yesterday. No, I don’t plan on taking the vaccine at all as the virus has no affect on me. However, if they start bringing out vaccine passports that enable me to travel, I may have to cave in
Why is travel worth it, though? Why are people willing to give up their freedoms for "travel" - ?

I don't understand this at all - not for the average person who doesn't have a job that absolutely necessitates it, anyway.

All of the young people I know who are into "traveling" (which is most of them) are just shelling out thousands and thousands of dollars to go do the same things they always do (drinking, eating, sleeping) in different places.

"Travel" is one of the biggest scams of our generation. The fact that it is touted as THE method by which people become "cultured" and "savvy" and "classy" is laughable, and it is tragic to me that people fall for this.

They are preying on your ego in order to secure the compliance necessary to bleed you dry.

Elipe

Kingfisher
Why is travel worth it, though? Why are people willing to give up their freedoms for "travel" - ?

I don't understand this at all - not for the average person who doesn't have a job that absolutely necessitates it, anyway.

All of the young people I know who are into "traveling" (which is most of them) are just shelling out thousands and thousands of dollars to go do the same things they always do (drinking, eating, sleeping) in different places.

"Travel" is one of the biggest scams of our generation. The fact that it is touted as THE method by which people become "cultured" and "savvy" and "classy" is laughable, and it is tragic to me that people fall for this.

They are preying on your ego in order to secure the compliance necessary to bleed you dry.
There used to be a time when it was worth visiting historical points of interest in places such as Europe. But nothing worth taking the needly kiss o' death.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Got the J&J vaccine last week. Wife got the same one at the same time.

I felt achy for a day or two, then fine. Wife had full on fever, bed sweats, and was on her butt for a day-and-a-half.

Booked travel to see family again that we haven't seen since the advent of the WuFlu. Looking forward to having some normalcy return to our lives.

Im looking forward to normalcy as well and ...bonus...Im not letting them plant a bio-chemical time bomb in me or the people I care about to get it

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
I follow an artist on YouTube, The Frugal Crafter. She is cheery and fun to watch, sticks to art. Saturday she posted a video and talked about getting the jab. I don’t know her, it’s not like it matters to me personally if she dropped dead from it or grew a second nose out of her forehead, so I’m taken aback by how disappointed I am. I’d rather not have ever known.

I’d like to say she got pushback in the comments, but I saw none, just a couple of go grrl comments. I did unsubscribe. I‘ve never been a people person, but this last year has lowered that opinion even further.

And she’s vegan. Maybe it’s not a health issue but a moral one, but those types really surprise me sticking who-knows-what into their body.

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
And she’s vegan. Maybe it’s not a health issue but a moral one, but those types really surprise me sticking who-knows-what into their body.

Isn't there some kind of shark byproduct they use when making vaccines? I was thinking about doing a passive aggressive thing to my vegetarian friends, "really? I thought you were a vegetarian though."

To be honest though I'm not surprised. Vegans and vegetarians tend to go through mental gymnastics when picking and choosing what they use in their daily lives (I'll wear leather but not fur, I'll use fish oil but not eat fish, etc)

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Isn't there some kind of shark byproduct they use when making vaccines? I was thinking about doing a passive aggressive thing to my vegetarian friends, "really? I thought you were a vegetarian though."

To be honest though I'm not surprised. Vegans and vegetarians tend to go through mental gymnastics when picking and choosing what they use in their daily lives (I'll wear leather but not fur, I'll use fish oil but not eat fish, etc)

I don’t know, but that’s a tempting suggestion. My motivation is to be mean though. God won’t let me. It’s possible someone has already brought it up though because she’s gotten negative comments regarding her veganism before. One of her daughters is a vegan too. I wonder if she’s refusing it.

A quick look says the shots have no animal byproducts, but they were tested on animals.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Got the J&J vaccine last week. Wife got the same one at the same time.

I felt achy for a day or two, then fine. Wife had full on fever, bed sweats, and was on her butt for a day-and-a-half.

Booked travel to see family again that we haven't seen since the advent of the WuFlu. Looking forward to having some normalcy return to our lives.
Just take the jab so things can go back to normal. You take it? Good boy!

Psyche!!!

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
I find it really bizarre lately watching how many people actually stayed home and haven't "done" anything for over a year. I keep seeing on FB "going out to eat, finally!" Or whatever.

Our state has been dealing with a mask mandate and 50% capacity for indoor spaces. So as soon as restaurants were open, even doing the dumb outdoor dining thing for a month or two (we ate in a diner parking lot in take-out containers), we went out so these places didn't go out of business. We go to church, we go to stores, I go to work, we visit willing relatives and friends and do all the same things. We go out to eat about once a week or so (either diner, pizzeria, or Chinese) and eat inside. I don't argue with the 17 year old hostess and wear a scarf over my face for the three foot walk from the door to the booth. But we've done all these things for the past year.

So it's baffling to me watching people go... "back to normal, finally!" No, it's back to "normal" when you don't get pointed at by confused/scared children, or have scared people covering their nose when you walk by them in a park.

dragonfire00

Sparrow
Woman

I agree if it's leisure travel but she could have family that live abroad or has a job that necessitates it. Although if one HAS to I'd suggest doing the antigen test first, and hope to get a positive result as I think that can replace the vax. I'd also look into finding a trusted nurse friend to "vaccinate" you. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point, but as for now we're traveling by car. I agree with you though, I used to run in a lot of travel groups full of young women that brag about how they travel and all don't have kids, (the travel memoirs "Eat pray love" and "what I was doing when you were breeding" are testaments to that) but it's obvious they're jealous and empty.

TexasJenn

Sparrow
Woman
I was considering taking an international trip this summer, but am not going to because a Covid test is required to re-enter the U.S. from that country. I don't even trust those. Maybe they're collecting DNA - or swabbing people with who knows what?

TexasJenn

Sparrow
Woman
It's so typical and annoying the way they're referring to it as "vaccine hesitancy." Nope. It's vaccine REFUSAL and REJECTION, creeps.

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
I was considering taking an international trip this summer, but am not going to because a Covid test is required to re-enter the U.S. from that country. I don't even trust those. Maybe they're collecting DNA - or swabbing people with who knows what?

That was a plot in the miniseries "The Event" (collecting DNA under the guise of a tuberculosis outbreak because they needed it for aliens or something)

TexasJenn

Sparrow
Woman
That was a plot in the miniseries "The Event" (collecting DNA under the guise of a tuberculosis outbreak because they needed it for aliens or something)
I had already been thinking about it, and then my mom said recently, "I don't even trust the Covid test." So I finally verbalized my thoughts on the matter. Totally agree.

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
I had already been thinking about it, and then my mom said recently, "I don't even trust the Covid test." So I finally verbalized my thoughts on the matter. Totally agree.
I have a liberal friend (who went pretty hard with the Covid narrative but doesn't talk about it anymore beyond "I got my shot") who thinks 23andme is collecting data for some Nazi-style stuff. I don't think she's totally wrong though. Our society *is* run by eugenicists and gnostic cultists

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
How many negative test results do you need? I know someone who has plenty

TexasJenn

Sparrow
Woman
How many negative test results do you need? I know someone who has plenty
I think you have to have had a negative test within 24 hours of your return flight, something like that. I'm sure there will soon be testing and shots at airports, if they're not already there. Gives me the creeps even to think about it. I tolerated the dystopian TSA scans and other crap. But this goes too far. I'd rather stay local than give these sickos direct access to my cellular material.

I'm hoping Covid restriction free alternatives will start to emerge across the board.

DelMarMisty

Sparrow
Woman
Ok, so I was just getting some results from my doctor over the phone and he casually said "I've had two shots, and I will go back to the clinic when all my patients take it". Meaning, he won't probably treat unvaccinated patients.

I am getting weak and starting to doubt myself! Lord have mercy on me.