Will you take the vaccine?

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
Ok, so I was just getting some results from my doctor over the phone and he casually said "I've had two shots, and I will go back to the clinic when all my patients take it". Meaning, he won't probably treat unvaccinated patients.

I am getting weak and starting to doubt myself! Lord have mercy on me.

I feel that. Today my husband had a work meeting and his boss was trying to pry, "is it open to the public where you are? I know X got his second shot, etc." And he just said, "Oh, I don't know. That's good, good for him."

I worry about when we have another baby. Last time I didn't put much thought into it. We also had a super easy birth (out in two hours, went home the next afternoon, I had a tear but it healed well). But they're probably going to push it in the hospital. I think probably the most unpleasant part of being in the hospital after birth is having about ten different people check every hour when you just want to be left alone, so you'll have a nurse that says oh that's fine, then another nurse says I highly suggest you get it, then a doctor comes in and says you're going to die, and another nurse will be like ohh I understand but it's fine, I got it and I'm fine, and then they'll come in saying "we have it right here! Isn't that lucky! Not everyone can even get this, you know" etc...

TexasJenn

Sparrow
Woman
I have a dentist cleaning and checkup coming up, and they didn't say anything about requiring a vaccine. If they had, I would have found another dentist. I doubt that every single doctor and dentist's office is going to require the vax.

A hospital in my area is requiring all medical workers to get the vax and say anyone who isn't vaxxed won't be able to work there. A lot of nurses don't want it, so they started a petition. I signed it in support, reminding them that nurses are in high demand, so if that employer isn't reasonable, leave and find another one who is.

In this capitalist system, health care providers are the service providers and we're the customers. If they won't provide services to reasonable people, take your business elsewhere.

Elipe

Kingfisher
In this capitalist system, health care providers are the service providers and we're the customers. If they won't provide services to reasonable people, take your business elsewhere.
I wish it were easy to set up your own hospital. They've regulated things to the point where it's virtually impossible without being forced to follow the same stupid policies those other hospitals follow.

Gone are the days when a hospital was just an abandoned building someone put beds inside of.

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
I have a dentist cleaning and checkup coming up, and they didn't say anything about requiring a vaccine. If they had, I would have found another dentist. I doubt that every single doctor and dentist's office is going to require the vax.

Probably not. I have an exam later this afternoon so I'll let you know how it goes, haha (I'm going to need my wisdom teeth out and I've been putting it off)

A lot of nurses (my mom is one, and I'm friends with a few; I thought about going into nursing but didn't) see a lot of bad stuff going on and tend to be private skeptics, but they put on a good face.

TexasJenn

Sparrow
Woman
I wish it were easy to set up your own hospital. They've regulated things to the point where it's virtually impossible without being forced to follow the same stupid policies those other hospitals follow.

Gone are the days when a hospital was just an abandoned building someone put beds inside of.
Maybe it's not a hospital, but some kind of alternative medicine facility. My point is that there have to be like-minded medical providers out there, and it's up to thinking people like us to find them and vote for them with our "business." If enough people refuse to go along with the program, they'll adapt to us.

epps_1920

Pigeon
Read a work email this morning from my employer that are contemplating deeming certain buildings "no access" unless you have the vaccine. I think this will translate to "get it or termination" in the near future as I read it, as you can't perform the job when you are locked out. I feel like the walls are closing in every day.

TexasJenn

Sparrow
Woman
Read a work email this morning from my employer that are contemplating deeming certain buildings "no access" unless you have the vaccine. I think this will translate to "get it or termination" in the near future as I read it, as you can't perform the job when you are locked out. I feel like the walls are closing in every day.
I don't know about that. I imagine there's going to be a lot of legal pushback against requiring injection of an experimental non-FDA-approved vaccine to stay employed.

There are also exemptions for medical and religious reasons. I'm pretty sure that if you claim it's against your religious beliefs and provide documentation to that effect, you're exempt. If push came to shove, this is what I'd do - claim it's against my religion (it is definitely against my spiritual beliefs) and get documentation to support that.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
I have a friend who runs a business and basically rewarded/compensated employees under the table (cash and time off) for getting vaccinated.

I was like "WOW aren't you worried about some kind of potential legal ramifications if someone gets uppity over that?" But apparently pretty much everyone there is a Covidian. Sounds like there were a few who didn't want the jab for whatever reason, but they have apparently still been deluded into viewing their vaccinated coworkers as heroes.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL... :zipped:

Jen18

Pigeon
Woman
I question whether the "vaccine", which it likely shouldn't be called, is really potent or if it is just sugar water and another tool designed in Satan's arsenal to divide. Not just vaccinated v. non-vaccinated, but also amongst Catholics (is it stem cell or aborted fetus material?)

Let nothing exist among you that may divide you. ~St. Ignatius of Antioch, Letters

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
I question whether the "vaccine", which it likely shouldn't be called, is really potent or if it is just sugar water and another tool designed in Satan's arsenal to divide. Not just vaccinated v. non-vaccinated, but also amongst Catholics (is it stem cell or aborted fetus material?)

Let nothing exist among you that may divide you. ~St. Ignatius of Antioch, Letters

Possibly, this is the best case scenario, but it seems like there are too many adverse reactions for it to be the case. And the reactions are all very similar.

It's like watching people drive a Ford Pinto going "this is the best car." ok, maybe your car won't burst into flames, the likelihood is pretty good. But do you want to risk it, or mandate people to drive it?

Last edited:

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
It's like watching people drive a Ford Pinto going "this is the best car." ok, maybe your car won't burst into flames, the likelyhood is pretty good. But do you want to risk it, or mandate people to drive it?
My mom had a Ford Pinto when I was a kid, and this analogy is perfect.

That friggin car.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
My MIL said Publix is offering an $150 incentive to get jabbed. She referred to the company as being “on the front lines.” Pfft.

Ah_Tibor

Woodpecker
Woman
I wonder how many side-effects are happening that aren't being reported, though. Like my brother mentioned a guy at his church in his 40s just randomly had a stroke (and is doing fine now). My sister-in-law said her husband went to ER with weird pain under his ribcage-- which, to be fair, could be a lot of things, but nothing is "wrong"

The protein shedding hypothesis is worrying. Have there been other examples of this (besides the Marek's disease one)?

Salocin

Robin
Everyone who's had the vaccine I know has had really bad side effects. The "medicine" is worse than the "sickness". How are some so blind?

Durden347

Sparrow
Was looking at meetups by my area in Meetup.com... I am seeing some meetups that require people to get vaccinated before attending.

• Clown World
Reactions: kel

Don Quixote

Woodpecker
https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/covid19-rna-based-vaccines-and-the-risk-of-prion-disease-1503.pdf

Not sure if this was posted before.

I think it is incredible how we can quantify the small risk of serious illness from Covid, but can't quantify the enormous potential risks from the vaccine––yet all the evidence points to the fact that they may be very dangerous and severe. There is no regulatory approval of it, it is totally experimental, and not only that, but because it was justified under "emergency use," the companies have no ethical stake in creating a safe version.

Furthermore, the PREP act even precludes these companies from liability in almost all cases. So legally, as well as morally, these companies have zero incentive for ensuring safety. Not only that, but they have a convenient scapegoat in Donald Trump when things go awry, since Trump was behind Warp-Speed.

Corporations hide behind the government, and the government hides behind corporations. The two are intertwined. The public and private sectors are now collapsed almost entirely. Yet another distinction that is utterly meaningless in today's age.