Will you take the vaccine?

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
It’s important to remember that doctors are people too with their own personal beliefs and biases. You *pay* them for an “expert opinion” but they went through just as many loops and hoops as any person in the University system. They are a business. I personally know a handful of highly skilled very genuine doctors who truly care about their patients; I, also, know a handful of doctors who literally cheated through med-school….

I remember back during SWINEFLU AHHHHH!!! We were all supposed to die, children first… Didn’t happen. Funny thing is, kids were still testing positive for H1N1 (swine flu) in 2019 :hmm:

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
The local city paper (I follow it to keep up with normie-land) is posting article after article, every day: this one person wasn't stabboed, and then everyone went into intensive care and died.

I'm pretty sure all the comments are just bots arguing with each other.

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
My past employer (I left for a biblical life) is requiring the influenza vaccine for all staff by November 2021; however if a staff member is in a collective bargaining unit (union) the vaccine can not be mandated.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
My employer is heavily promoting the vaccine, but there's no indication it will be required and I don't think that's going to change. I'm lucky I don't have to deal with that. There are some holdouts to the madness, and I'm focusing on that!

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Well, we had plans to visit the Oregon trail museum at Scottsbluff, Nebraska, next month then Yellowstone. Hubby just learned they’re back to requiring masks. I’m so so sick of this. I know in the grand scheme of things my inconvenience is nothing. I’m just tired of it. I’m not paying hard-earned money for the privilege of suffocating.

The only slightly amusing side is this mask requirement includes the jabbed. I’d like to think they’re all put out, but I doubt that.

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
I don't want to say too many of the details, as it might lead toward self-doxxing; but I am almost certainly going to be put in the position this week of needing to decide whether or not to resign my small (two hours a week) job. It's either resign or go the religious exemption route; I certainly will not be taking the vaccine.

We aren't in a position of needing the extra income, thankfully. But it's still very sad. This was a truly wonderful little job in a wonderful atmosphere.

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
It is difficult to give credibility to this Catholic leader; given how the Catholic Church has handled the skeletons in their Church's closet.

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 11.32.46 AM.png

Pope calls it an "act of love," to get the vaccine that is authorized by "authorities."
Is that what St. Louis Archbishop Robert J. Carlson would have called predator priests?

St. Louis Archbishop Robert J. Carlson defended his past handling of sexual abuse in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis by saying that in 1984, he wasn't sure whether the sexual abuse of children was a crime. Back then, Carlson was just an auxiliary bishop in the Twin Cities, but he was involved in the archdiocese's handling of sexual abuse complaints. To make matters worse, Carlson's statement from a deposition last week seems to directly contradict the paper trail he left on these cases, which very much shows that he was aware that molesting or raping a child is a crime, because of course it is

[article link title A Catholic Archbishop Claims He Wasn't Sure Whether Sexual Abuse of Kids Was a Crime]

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I don't want to say too many of the details, as it might lead toward self-doxxing; but I am almost certainly going to be put in the position this week of needing to decide whether or not to resign my small (two hours a week) job. It's either resign or go the religious exemption route; I certainly will not be taking the vaccine.

We aren't in a position of needing the extra income, thankfully. But it's still very sad. This was a truly wonderful little job in a wonderful atmosphere.

That stinks. If it's something where they would hate to lose you, though, make a stink.

I work 30ish hours a week (sometimes more or less, I cover our food, gas, and extras) and luckily nobody has breathed a word about it. Considering kitchens hire illegals and ex-convicts all the time I don't think they're worried too much about what people do or don't do. But who knows.

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
That stinks. If it's something where they would hate to lose you, though, make a stink.

I work 30ish hours a week (sometimes more or less, I cover our food, gas, and extras) and luckily nobody has breathed a word about it. Considering kitchens hire illegals and ex-convicts all the time I don't think they're worried too much about what people do or don't do. But who knows.
I talked to the boss about it this morning. She is very much on the same page as me religiously and politically... she supports me whatever I decide to do; but unfortunately, me making a stink will do absolutely nothing. It would take many people in my position making a class-action stink, if you will.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
I just got word from my employer that those of us who are unvaccinated are soon going to be required to take weekly Covid tests. We don't have all the info yet, but I'm hoping I can go to a nearby place where they allow a mouth self-swab test. It seems silly for those of us who are working from home, but there you are. They say they can't mandate the vaccine because of the Texas governor's executive order against it. This will be a slight inconvenience, but not a big deal. I would draw the line at the vaccine. I'm getting recruited for comparable jobs and salary regularly now, so that helps.

iop890

Peacock
Gold Member
I just got word from my employer that those of us who are unvaccinated are soon going to be required to take weekly Covid tests. We don't have all the info yet, but I'm hoping I can go to a nearby place where they allow a mouth self-swab test. It seems silly for those of us who are working from home, but there you are. They say they can't mandate the vaccine because of the Texas governor's executive order against it. This will be a slight inconvenience, but not a big deal. I would draw the line at the vaccine. I'm getting recruited for comparable jobs and salary regularly now, so that helps.

I'm in TX and looking for a place that allows the saliva tests, as I need a negative test before travel. All the places I've tried are adamant about jamming that thing up my nose. Mind PMing me the name of that place?

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
Prerequisite: seed population with the idea that all jabs are interchangeable. (DONE.)

Step 1: Jam through hasty approval of one experimental jab.

Step 2: Leverage into compulsory administration of approved jab.

Step 3: Expand into compulsory administration of whichever jab they want to stick in you, "because muh emergency."

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I went to pick up hoagies before and all their mask/social distance/sanitary precaution signs were off the door. Yay!

My husband was talking to one of our friends the other day, who said something to the extent of: I'm going to live my life, I don't care if others get the stab or not (she did), but I'm going to wear my mask on the train or in crowds because flu season and people are dirty. And men don't look at me!

I wonder if this is just baked into the cake of human nature somehow. Most of us had to be hyper aware of neighboring or enemy tribes, so we're skeptical of strangers (women especially). I've noticed this at work: a lot of the servers will wear a mask in the dining room, but not in the kitchen, because they feel "safe" with us, "I see you guys every day, but you never know what *they're* carrying."