Will you take the vaccine?

DelMarMisty

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
My husband has a job interview for a hospital network this week, and they're requiring it as of now (though there's a huge protest going on). He says he's going to decline if they do require it, but I'm praying he won't even be tempted. He's feeling a lot of inferiority to his parents standard of living lately, and thinks my mom is looking down on him because she emails me Zillow listings constantly for houses in the 100-150k range (which we could afford, it just depends where we want to live, so we're holding tight).

He'll do the right thing, but I get paranoid sometimes. Hopefully your husband does the same. I think some people just shut down when things get confusing or complicated.

Edit: he just got an email about their requirement, and said, "looks like I'm back to looking for remote work."
Yes, on your point about people shutting down! I'm noticing people just going with it because it's easier.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Yes, on your point about people shutting down! I'm noticing people just going with it because it's easier.

Being scared is unpleasant, and most will do anything not to be scared.

Some of it has to do with pride, too, like "I don't want people to think I'm STUPID"

After I posted that last night my husband let out a string of expletives and said we should open a diner together, lol.

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
Seems like I got the details mixed up, but was right about the general smell of things.

The "approved" jab is one that hasn't even been produced yet. It literally doesn't exist. You CANNOT get it. It also has a really gay name ("COMIRNITY"), if anyone needed another reason not to take it. Approval theoretically confers a measure of liability - but this is obviously irrelevant, because nobody is receiving this formulation.

The Pfizer jab is still under EUA, and so Pfizer still has full immunity.

Mandates to get jabbed are rolling out on the basis that there is an FDA approved vaccine available - but there is not.

Never fear, though - the PFIZER vaccine can be used in place of the approved COMIRNITY vaccine, because they are "the same" (but "not necessarily identical"??).

See how that works?

So now:

- Your employer has the "right" to fire you if you don't get vaccinated, because "the FDA approved it."

- You go to get your FDA approved jab.

- Only they don't have that one because it doesn't exist, and so they give you the Pfizer one instead and nobody is liable for anything.

Will they even tell people they're getting the EUA jab instead of the BLA jab? Remains to be seen, I suppose.

Last edited:

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Seems like I got the details mixed up, but was right about the general smell of things.

The "approved" jab is one that hasn't even been produced yet. It literally doesn't exist. You CANNOT get it. It also has a really gay name ("COMIRNITY"), if anyone needed another reason not to take it. Approval theoretically confers a measure of liability - but this is obviously irrelevant, because nobody is receiving this formulation.

The Pfizer jab is still under EUA, and so Pfizer still has full immunity.

Mandates to get jabbed are rolling out on the basis that there is an FDA approved vaccine available - but there is not.

Never fear, though - the PFIZER vaccine can be used in place of the approved COMIRNITY vaccine, because they are "the same" (but "not necessarily identical"??).

See how that works?

So now:

- Your employer has the "right" to fire you if you don't get vaccinated, because "the FDA approved it."

- You go to get your FDA approved jab.

- Only they don't have that one because it doesn't exist, and so they give you the Pfizer one instead and nobody is liable for anything.

Will they even tell people they're getting the EUA jab instead of the BLA jab? Remains to be seen, I suppose.
Just read this here too:

EUA products are experimental under U.S. law. Both the Nuremberg Code and federal regulations provide that no one can force a human being to participate in this experiment. Under 21 U.S. Code Sec.360bbb-3(e)(1)(A)(ii)(III), “authorization for medical products for use in emergencies,” it is unlawful to deny someone a job or an education because they refuse to be an experimental subject. Instead, potential recipients have an absolute right to refuse EUA vaccines.

U.S. laws, however, permit employers and schools to require students and workers to take licensed vaccines.

Last edited:

Atlas Shrugged

Sparrow
Woman
Ok so I know anyone can get a respiratory virus like corona for example. Lol. But, recently people I know and work with that have been jabbed are getting it and wondering why. Some are sick and others ok but how ironic that so many jabbed I know are getting sick now. Does anyone else know a lot jabbed peeps getting the rona?

Elipe

Pelican
Ok so I know anyone can get a respiratory virus like corona for example. Lol. But, recently people I know and work with that have been jabbed are getting it and wondering why. Some are sick and others ok but how ironic that so many jabbed I know are getting sick now. Does anyone else know a lot jabbed peeps getting the rona?
I know a few that did.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
There was some chatter in a large video meeting yesterday about how our board was going to discuss mandating the vaccine now that one of them is FDA approved. Someone joined later and said the decision had just been made not to mandate, but to proceed with the plan to require weekly testing of the unvaccinated. A little while later, I saw that the Texas governor reasserted the vaccine mandate ban with different language to cover the new scenario. Hallelujah.

I'd already decided that if my employer mandated the vaccine and wouldn't accept a religious exemption, I'd walk. I have too many recruiters hitting me up with competing offers, some of them 100% WFH forever, to go along with that. But I'm glad I can stay and don't have to deal with it.

Rob Banks

Pelican
Fixed your post:
iceberg lettuce cream is not inherently evil, but to eat it exclusively HAS to be sociopathic. :squintlol:
Ice cream is a monstrosity that you have to be a masochist to enjoy. :D

(followed by candy as a close second, but ice cream has the added "benefit" of giving you brain freeze).

Last edited:

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Ok, so husband confirmed he would take the vaccine eventually. I also found out his family have been pressuring him into it.

Is anybody experiencing this divisiveness with your husband/wife? Where to from here? I literally don't think I can get over this.

My husband listens to a lot of Matt Walsh and Young Ripa (sp?) so he's in the opposed to it on principle camp. He also won't even take ibuprofen or melatonin because "I don't want it, leave me alone."

I get paranoid thoughts occasionally though. He's job hunting so it's making things a lot harder.

My grandparents, who are divorced, are each trying to goad my dad into getting it. My grandmother tried to make a bargain, "if you do this for me I'll never talk about your father again!" For some context--my grandfather left her 50 years ago, but she talks about him to my dad constantly. (She has a very overdramatic personality in general, think of Tony's mom on "The Sopranos.") Which is just outright manipulative. My dad hung up on her (which prompted some unsolicited voicemails she left me).

My great-grandparents left then-Czechoslovakia in 1939 because well, it wasn't a great place to be, and my dad was telling me his grandfather had quite a few words to anyone telling him to get any shots (he lived to be over 100, I miss him). The cultural conditioning is strong, and if you piggyback onto family dynamics it's even stronger.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
My mom was against the vaccine from the get-go. My dad asked her if they were going to get it. She said you can do what you want, but I'm not getting it. If there's a pill or a potion or a shot for anything, my dad wants it. My mom, on the other hand, doesn't take anything but natural supplements. I'm glad none of my friends or family are trying to pressure me.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I've been feeling crappy the past few days and not at all like myself. I feel like every time I feel good I come crashing back down.

I waded into looking into the anti-aging/life extension field the other night (some names involved in the clot shot biotechs are involved in this stuff too), and wow these people are nuts.

In the book of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz," the Emerald City isn't made of emeralds, the people are issued green glasses at the gates. The Wizard isn't a wizard, but uses tricks to appear differently to Dorothy, the Scarecrow, etc. Nobody dies of old age or disease in Oz, but they can be killed through accidents. Even as a kid I found this a nightmarish scenerio, especially as the Tin Man talks to his old human head in a cabinet in one of the books.

The Emerald City's style was based on the Chicago Expedition, a self-contained synthetic city (and had its grandchildren in things like World Fairs and Disney parks).

I think the theme of The Wizard of Oz is America being a completely made-up fantasy land-- but what else is there. L. Frank Baum was heavily into Theosophy and was part of some goofy fraternal order, too.

I guess my point of this ramble is that a lot of these weird things that are coming to fruition now have been rolling for a long time. People in America generally live in Oz. (Interestingly in the later books-- the Emerald City really is covered in emeralds, the Wizard becomes a real wizard, and Dorothy takes her family to live in Oz.)

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
I've been feeling crappy the past few days and not at all like myself.
I've been in a slump for a few weeks. I think it's pretty normal for many of us, given the gray cloud of world conditions. But I keep trying to get back to a more positive mindset. Things could be even worse, and compared to many people, my circumstances aren't that bad.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I've been in a slump for a few weeks. I think it's pretty normal for many of us, given the gray cloud of world conditions. But I keep trying to get back to a more positive mindset. Things could be even worse, and compared to many people, my circumstances aren't that bad.

I feel like a bunch of us here are prone to things like OCD, so that probably doesn't help, lol

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman

Me too. I’ve been struggling this week with all these mandates. I have many, many things to be thankful for. I’m trying to live in today. The past is gone, the future doesn’t exist/is unknown, all I have is today.