Will you take the vaccine?

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
I waded into looking into the anti-aging/life extension field the other night (some names involved in the clot shot biotechs are involved in this stuff too), and wow these people are nuts.

I wandered back into this forum topic and watched some of the posted videos.

Wow. Scary possibilities.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
This is happening to me too. So unmotivated to go for walks and cook. Tonight I'll be making a lasagna, I'll try to have fun with it.
Same. I got some fabric to make curtains for my front room, was mildly excited to start this practical creative project, but the thread in the sewing machine bobbin case keeps tangling and I don't know why, never had this problem before. I removed the plate and cleaned out all the fuzz, tried several different fixes, but I'm stuck, so frustrating. So that zapped my creative mojo for the evening :boring:

I did make some delicious roasted cauliflower this afternoon. Toss with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, roast at 425 for 15-20 minutes, then toss with a little parmesan cheese, roast for 15-20 more minutes till golden and crispy on the edges, top with parsley and red chile flakes. Super yummy and pretty healthy.

Last edited:

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I wandered back into this forum topic and watched some of the posted videos.

Wow. Scary possibilities.
I keep thinking about the cookie robots from Despicable Me every time I see graphene material.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
I’ve been really struggling with these employee mandates. We are retired so it doesn’t affect us personally NOW, but we all know it’s just the beginning. Yesterday evening I began to accept that I may eventually lose everything…..my loved ones, my freedom, etc. I feel like our nation is on a precipice. If enough of us resist we can stop (slow down, really, not stop) some of it. But will we?? It’s very, very depressing.

TexasJen, that cauliflower sounds really good. I’m going to try it.

DelMarMisty

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
Same. I got some fabric to make curtains for my front room, was mildly excited to start this practical creative project, but the thread in the sewing machine bobbin case keeps tangling and I don't know why, never had this problem before. I removed the plate and cleaned out all the fuzz, tried several different fixes, but I'm stuck, so frustrating. So that zapped my creative mojo for the evening :boring:

I did make some delicious roasted cauliflower this afternoon. Toss with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, roast at 425 for 15-20 minutes, then toss with a little parmesan cheese, roast for 15-20 more minutes till golden and crispy on the edges, top with parsley and red chile flakes. Super yummy and pretty healthy.
I never know how to work with cauliflower, I usually steam it and it always disappoints me. Will try!

DelMarMisty

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
I’ve been really struggling with these employee mandates. We are retired so it doesn’t affect us personally NOW, but we all know it’s just the beginning. Yesterday evening I began to accept that I may eventually lose everything…..my loved ones, my freedom, etc. I feel like our nation is on a precipice. If enough of us resist we can stop (slow down, really, not stop) some of it. But will we?? It’s very, very depressing.

TexasJen, that cauliflower sounds really good. I’m going to try it.
Exactly this. I just done my tax return to get some extra cash, thinking it will happen possibly January where I lose my job. And if husband goes and takes it, then who knows. We don't have kids, and if he takes it, we probably never will. I am anxious too, and getting scared. I thought I was stronger.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
The cauliflower really is delicious. I think the key is to give it time to get browned and crispy. That really brings out the flavor. Same thing for many roasted vegetables.

I've also been feeling something close to despair. I know my mood would lift tremendously if I met a good guy... but 99% of them on the dating site are vaxxed, so I have to decline. My latest message is from a cute police officer. I'm hoping he's unvaxxed and cool so I can meet him... but I figure if anyone trusts the system, it's a police officer. Hoping to be surprised, though...

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
Yesterday evening I began to accept that I may eventually lose everything…..my loved ones, my freedom, etc. I feel like our nation is on a precipice.
I actually see this as a reason to be hopeful. I reached this point YEARS AGO - and it's easy to assume that because others didn't see it coming from as far away as I did, that they simply never will. But more and more people are waking up every day!

Maybe it's not enough to avert impending disaster, but it gives me hope that what is rebuilt in the wake of disaster might be more righteous than what will be destroyed by it.

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
More and more people are taking it. I had a Vietnamese colleague today say "I took the two shots of Pfizer". We had a conversation in 2020 where she said she wouldn't. She now says "it's what we have to do"...
I would love to see what my former colleagues are doing right now. Used to work in healthcare and many of my coworkers including the manager didn't and weren't planning on taking the vax. So curious to see how many of them give in once the mandate rolls out this fall.

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised there are still people, at this point, who think that taking the vaccine will ever allow them to live normally.
That was my brother's reason for getting the jabs. I warned him about needing booster jabs for the rest of his life and he said he's just getting these two to get back to normal. Wonder what his opinion is now. Hopefully I can convince him not to get any boosters.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
I actually see this as a reason to be hopeful. I reached this point YEARS AGO - and it's easy to assume that because others didn't see it coming from as far away as I did, that they simply never will. But more and more people are waking up every day!

Maybe it's not enough to avert impending disaster, but it gives me hope that what is rebuilt in the wake of disaster might be more righteous than what will be destroyed by it.

I like your attitude, KT. I admit I lean towards black-pilled thinking.

DelMarMisty

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
Is anybody sensing an overall sense of indifference about the vaccine, as though it is expected that everyone will take it and there is nothing we can do about it anymore. Most people seem to have given up and have accepted that that nothing else is an option, and even those opposed are going to do it because they just 'want to get on with their lives'.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Is anybody sensing an overall sense of indifference about the vaccine, as though it is expected that everyone will take it and there is nothing we can do about it anymore. Most people seem to have given up and have accepted that that nothing else is an option, and even those opposed are going to do it because they just 'want to get on with their lives'.

Yeah. I think it's fatigue from everyone thinking about one thing for eighteen months. Plus a lot of people are "fine," so resistors will be seen as the one causing the problems.

Very similar to after 9/11, everyone was in the same patriotic boat. The narrative was a lot more comforting and made sense. Conspiracy theorists were thought of as dangerous nutjobs, even though most knew something was amiss.

Now, I think most people don't believe in the official story (unless they're really emotionally attached to it for some reason) but it doesn't really matter anymore.

That's probably why the scheme has to go for broke. Too many people are fed up, and they were counting on time and the destruction of records to cover their butts.

Zep

Pelican

Funny you should mention this, just this morning I noticed my attitude shift to indifference after hearing a radio host talk about QR codes for the population as if they were driving licenses. I presume myself and others are tired of thinking and talking about this issue, not to mention the uselessness of protests and marches and writing to your government. I am hoping that a lot of people have woken up to the fact that the government truly does not represent them. This is not a subject like building a stadium using your tax dollars, we are talking about an experimental vaccine being injected into your body. It's mind-boggling.

Personally, I'm going to attempt to lay low for as long as I can and as awful as this is to say, wait for the injuries and deaths to get to a point where a mandated vaccine becomes impossible to justify.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
The other thing I was thinking about the other day-- I can't remember if it was a comment I read here or somewhere else (I love comments), but somebody said they lived in California and refused a workplace flu shot, so they were forced to wear a mask from Nov 2018-May 2019. (I know there's an episode of The Office where Angela wears a mask because somebody gets sick, so this has to be based in real practices somewhere.)

I kind of want to make an origins thread, lol.

Last edited:

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
This is not my personal experience. I'm very fixated on the large group of resisters who are determined not to get it, like myself. My employer is about to start requiring weekly tests from unvaxxed employees, which I see as a minor nuisance but much better than having to quit or be fired because I won't get the shot.

While generally my mood is very blah and I'm as fed up with all this nonsense as anybody, I take heart in the fact that so many people see through it and aren't going along with it. The face of evil is more apparent to more people than it ever has been in my lifetime. With that has come a resurgence of common sense, a return to God, and other good things. I'm trying to stay focused on that.

DeWoken

Robin
My employer is about to start requiring weekly tests from unvaxxed employees, which I see as a minor nuisance but much better than having to quit or be fired because I won't get the shot.
What kind of tests are they going to be, the ones that go up your nose to your brain? I hear there are less-invasive ones.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
What kind of tests are they going to be, the ones that go up your nose to your brain? I hear there are less-invasive ones.
I'm not sure yet. They're still working on the details, which should include testing sites they'll accept. My first preference is definitely to do a mouth or nose self-swab, next would be a mouth swab by them, then shallow nose swab by them. I'll avoid the invasive nasal swab if at all possible.

stugatz

Pelican
This is not my personal experience. I'm very fixated on the large group of resisters who are determined not to get it, like myself. My employer is about to start requiring weekly tests from unvaxxed employees, which I see as a minor nuisance but much better than having to quit or be fired because I won't get the shot.
How limited is your ability to lie? As in, to "get the vaccine" and your proof is a false card with a dummy lot number?

No judgment if you just want to be truthful, I might be a little too comfortable with lying about being vaxxed to acquaintances. (I don't have a false card, though.)

I'm not sure yet. They're still working on the details, which should include testing sites they'll accept. My first preference is definitely to do a mouth or nose self-swab, next would be a mouth swab by them, then shallow nose swab by them. I'll avoid the invasive nasal swab if at all possible.
I had a shallow nose swab last week. Asked the nurse "so do I need to sit on my hands?" and she told me "oh, no, we don't do those anymore at this clinic, I don't think they were really even necessary." Well that's just great.